Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832567 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:51am On Nov 18, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
Wadup guys..... Long time.
It hasn't been easy here at unilag, lots of 'jacking' and intensive reading. To O.M.E, glowyn2shyn and oda freshers, just be urself ,buy past questns, read deeply and leave the rest for God.....It is well.
fnxx man..all the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:54am On Nov 18, 2012
glowin2shyn: hy friends, quite some time, i just finished with my clearance! i ve registad for gst.bt registration of courses hasnt startes but 4rm wat i found out, i wud b offerin physics, chemistry,aeb(animal and environmental biology) 4maly noen as biology,and pbb (plant and sometin sometin biotechnology) formaly noen as botany,no maths *sad face*...... Dr Gboy or any fresha are dere any similarities wit ur courses?tanxx
over here at u.i no maths too...just chemistry, physics , zoology and ges...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2012
TCD:

Boss, abeg When are you guys writing finals?

Nxt year february/march... All things being equal!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2012
Happy xunday medicos, aw y'all doing? @gboy, exam na febuary, xo no kill ursef, get a babe and av fun
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Superclem: Happy xunday medicos, aw y'all doing? @gboy, exam na febuary, xo no kill ursef, get a babe and av fun

LOL, very funny @bolded
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
Superclem: Happy xunday medicos, aw y'all doing? @gboy, exam na febuary, xo no kill ursef, get a babe and av fun
babe? After first week of resumption.... bros how far you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
winkNa the way forward O.M.E.. U hv to wise up..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
ogagusps3: winkNa the way forward O.M.E.. U hv to wise up..
if u are a medico u are not supposed to be there!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AVmonster: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
*passing by*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
Obinnau: if u are a medico u are not supposed to be there!
We are allowed some free time tho..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2012

speak for yourself. No wonder most ladies think doctors are bores!! Anyways- there is time for everything.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
ogagusps3: We are allowed some free time tho..
and u shouldnt abuse it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
Abeg joor..we can still have fun not necessary thru 'babes'..we can get involved in sports etc..a lil fun won't kill...no wonder most people think medical students are sadists and bores..

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
O.M.E:
Abeg joor..we can still have fun not necessary thru 'babes'..we can get involved in sports etc..a lil fun won't kill...no wonder most people think medical students are sadists and bores..

100 likes for this!!!

Let me tell u guyz one secret... If u hav sêxx with a lady, you won't concentrate, you will hav bad grades, and you will FAIL!!!

There are better ways of having fun... Sports, games, music, etc...

I hav a lot of lady friends, but I don't date them, I don't hav the time...

If u wanna catch babes, no probs, but the consequences are always brutal!!!

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
Lagusta:

100 likes for this!!!

Let me tell u guyz one secret... If u hav sêxx with a lady, you won't concentrate, you will hav bad grades, and you will FAIL!!!

There are better ways of having fun... Sports, games, music, etc...

I hav a lot of lady friends, but I don't date them, I don't hav the time...

If u wanna catch babes, no probs, but the consequences are always brutal!!!
100likes for this too....the consequences are always grievous that shouldn't be our priority now especially not after first week of resumption..its not about the brains alone..God should be equally involved..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2012
O.M.E:
100likes for this too....the consequences are always grievous that shouldn't be our priority now especially not after first week of resumption..its not about the brains alone..God should be equally involved..
thats what i call CONCENTRATION
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
Lagusta:

Nxt year february/march... All things being equal!!!
best of luck . Writing about the same time too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 12:02am On Nov 20, 2012
@TCD & all MBBS student am really impress with d information u gave out acknowledging d fact dat physiology is d basis/bed rock of medcine.Am neither here to say much abt physiology cos am sure it wat u knw nor to give physiology pride.It alway my pleasure whenever i see medical student of good intellectual n always happy to be a medical student studying physiology,however am sometime worried as a physiologist because of d prospect of d course in nigeria.As i think perhaps cos am new to d course i realise d work subjected to physiologists is carried out by doctors claiming they knw all d aspect in medical i.e-Anatomy Biochemistry Physiology n d oda basic med courses n not paving way 4 physiologist 2 do dere job.I have some other thing to say but i wil lyk u to pls try answer som of my ?1)Is job oppourtunity still available 4 physiologist in hospital n how often do dey employ dem,i guess doctor ar d 1 doin dere job2)Aftermath doin physiology n want to study medicine wat ar d criteria needed to do so,is it by writing jamb again after 1st degree.THANKS.LOOKING 4WARD TO SEEING YOUR REPLY.1 LUV
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2012
O.M.E:
over here at u.i no maths too...just chemistry, physics , zoology and ges...
ok,tanx.... have u resumed?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2012
INTEGRITY TOBI: @TCD & all MBBS student am really impress with d information u gave out acknowledging d fact dat physiology is d basis/bed rock of medcine.Am neither here to say much abt physiology cos am sure it wat u knw nor to give physiology pride.It alway my pleasure whenever i see medical student of good intellectual n always happy to be a medical student studying physiology,however am sometime worried as a physiologist because of d prospect of d course in nigeria.As i think perhaps cos am new to d course i realise d work subjected to physiologists is carried out by doctors claiming they knw all d aspect in medical i.e-Anatomy Biochemistry Physiology n d oda basic med courses n not paving way 4 physiologist 2 do dere job.I have some other thing to say but i wil lyk u to pls try answer som of my ?1)Is job oppourtunity still available 4 physiologist in hospital n how often do dey employ dem,i guess doctor ar d 1 doin dere job2)Aftermath doin physiology n want to study medicine wat ar d criteria needed to do so,is it by writing jamb again after 1st degree.THANKS.LOOKING 4WARD TO SEEING YOUR REPLY.1 LUV

Hmmm.....

Studying basic course like anatomy, physiology, etc paves way for a lot of opportunities...

As a physiologist, you can work in big hospitals as a perfusionist, blood flow analyzer, and also help in connecting and reading ECGs, EEGs, EMGs....

But its just a pity that nigeria as a country does not give room for this... So we see our graduates working in banks, or doing their masters and phD to become lecturers....

Now, two things are involved: its either you work hard, make a first class or 2.1 and apply for medicine thru DE after service... OR:

You get a few connections and travel to places where medical and health graduates are in high demand eg australia, canada, etc...

PS: if you are in your first year, you can cross to medicine in the 2nd year only if u work very hard and make As In all your courses... But that's school-dependent anyway!!!!

CHEERS!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:32am On Nov 21, 2012
Good morning fellow medics!!!

What's going on!!!

Who can perfectly dissect a cadaver here

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2012
glowin2shyn: ok,tanx.... have u resumed?
no..haven't been given an official date yet...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2012
@ lagusta i really appreciate dat contributn u made abt wat i wrote.I wil say it very pathetic dat we dnt strategise our education system well in nigeria,can u imagine we havin some courses in nigeria witout even thinking of wat n where dey ar to help us as a nation instead we ar backing foreign idea nt contemplating on aw to make judicious use of it.Which is wat affecting physiology n so many oda courses.I wont really blame dos elite cos we ar nt compel to do wat we do,assuming i had known d situatn of dis course in 9ja i wudnt av go 4 it though i must admit it a very gud 1.2b candid all of us musnt end up in lecturing class cos dat 1 of d obvious job oppourtunity 4 physiologist in 9ja bt 4 aw long wil dis go? Hmmm!! wit dis scare resource after graduating wit Bsc goin 4 masters eh eh nd i tink d school dat collect minimal fee 4 masters in 9ja wil colect 400k.Pls ar dere physiologist in our 9ja hospital nd health sector n wat ar d tins dey carried out cos i knw dnt wnt b allow attendin 2 a patient.After serving u said DE is gud to cros to medicine via gud grade,is it by doin jamb again or wat.To all MBBS pals sory 4 bringing in paramedic if u feel am nt talking abt clinical,we just av to rectify some tins in dis field.Wil lyk to see u pals quote on dis.1 LUV
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2012
All is goin on well n am sure medics ar doing gud. Wat do u want to carry out on d cadever
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
@INTEGRITY TOBI....

But some physiologists count money in banks!!! grin grin

Sorry, that was a joke... But seriously, it is quite disheartening that very intelligent pple would go to uni for 4 yrs... Only to find out that doctors have taken over their job....

I don't kno of any hospital where they need anatomists and physiologists... Only docs, nurses, pharmacists, lab tecnicians and, maybe comm health extension workers...

You only write jamb once, after graduation, just buy a DE form and apply.... But u hav to write post utme in some schools... If not all...

Sorry...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
Chai see lyf,y do we av so much darkness in d mist of light,ar we to cal it a shadow or wat.I think i av to tak some step nw,jst wana b silence cos pourin my heart here wnt b okay jst av to face my own task Basic medical shdnt b mock.THANKS A LOT
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Dr Gboy,i would lyke 2 mit u.I was luking tru d attendance list 4 fsc 103,i saw a name GBENGA,are u d 1.Will luv 2 c u during d submission of Fsc 104 assignment on Friday.MY NO:08174946052
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hey peeps...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
I had to go through this thread from the beginning- such an amazing thread. Kudos to LAGUSTA. For Dr.GBOY, your passion is not in doubt. May God crown your effort. PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. IT MUST NOT DIE!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Dr_Bode: I had to go through this thread from the beginning- such an amazing thread. Kudos to LAGUSTA. For Dr.GBOY, your passion is not in doubt. May God crown your effort. PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. IT MUST NOT DIE!!

You are highly and totally welcome!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
why?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 23, 2012
Lagusta: Good morning fellow medics!!!

What's going on!!!

Who can perfectly dissect a cadaver here
I really love dissecting cadavers. I finished with bsc anatomy before going for medicine. Am def going into surgery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.