Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823246 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
lomaxx:

Feel free. Thanks.
Thanks boss, here it is www.sesansblog.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:44am On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Bros!! Nawa o!!! U have a lot of learning to do. I can't believe this.
You no read the guy ascribing me as aspirant, because he manage secure admission? Nairaland shaa! That's by the way. How prep for Pre-clinicals? Resumed yet?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 4:17am On Nov 21, 2015
simba1:
You no read the guy ascribing me as aspirant, because he manage secure admission? Nairaland shaa! That's by the way. How prep for Pre-clinicals? Resumed yet?
Hmm. But u for mellow down small na, see as u just take attack am as if una dy quarrel before. Well, God helping me, I'm doing d best I can do. Preclinicals will start Nov 29th. I've not resumed yet. Thanks for d concern.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Hmm. But u for mellow down small na, see as u just take attack am as if una dy quarrel before. Well, God helping me, I'm doing d best I can do. Preclinicals will start Nov 29th. I've not resumed yet. Thanks for d concern.
Hello. Please do you have any PDF books you can help me with
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

My bad though! I probably was high yesterday and I apologise if I was mean. Goodluck with studies!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2015
Zellie:
Hello. Please do you have any PDF books you can help me with
It depends on d kind of PDF u want. Which do u want?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

It depends on d kind of PDF u want. Which do u want?
any PDF on anatomy, physiology, MBC you have
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2015
Zellie:
any PDF on anatomy, physiology, MBC you have
Ok. Yes, I have. I can send to u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Ok. Yes, I have. I can send to u.
please send it to my mail ajayimercy@gmail.com . Thank you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
Zellie:
please send it to my mail ajayimercy@gmail.com . Thank you!
Okay. Expect it on Monday.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Okay. Expect it on Monday.

Send all on Anatomy and physiology to me [email]Opiacollins15@gmail.com[/email]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Please who has heard of Mark's Medical biochemistry? If yes how good is it?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2015
Guys check out this, u go laugh tire..
The hilarious life of a Nigerian medical student
http://zikoko.com/list/the-hilarious-life-of-a-nigerian-medical-student/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
I heard this and I don't believe that's why I want to ask u guys...is it true that SLT ND2 students(polytechnic) already know how to test blood.asin test blood sample and derive its genotype ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
GdexFolami:
I heard this and I don't believe that's why I want to ask u guys...is it true that SLT ND2 students(polytechnic) already know how to test blood.asin test blood sample and derive its genotype ...
blood grouping and genotype ain't difficult procedures, all they need are d electrophoresis machine nd blood group antisera. Since they are Science lab Students, then they may carry them out in labs.
But they will have their restriction in medical investigations anyway. Medical investigations electrolytes profile, serum creatinine, urea etc, liver function test and some others are advanced which they are not likely to touch even full blood count with differentials...
In short there are many medical investigations from chemical pathology to hematology, microbiology then histopathology.
They can only be exposed to only the simple few in both their OND nd even HND programs. Even d medical lab scientists specialize in just one of d four listed above.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
heykims:
that was super funny
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
heykims:
hahahah...thanks goodness I clicked it...perfectly made my day. so hilarious
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jorrn: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Please who knows how JAMB award marks, especially biology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
heykims:

blood grouping and genotype ain't difficult procedures, all they need are d electrophoresis machine nd blood group antisera. Since they are Science lab Students, then they may carry them out in labs.
But they will have their restriction in medical investigations anyway. Medical investigations electrolytes profile, serum creatinine, urea etc, liver function test and some others are advanced which they are not likely to touch even full blood count with differentials...
In short there are many medical investigations from chemical pathology to hematology, microbiology then histopathology.
They can only be exposed to only the simple few in both their OND nd even HND programs. Even d medical lab scientists specialize in just one of d four listed above.
okay sir...thank you sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 12:06am On Nov 23, 2015
jorrn:
Please who knows how JAMB award marks, especially biology?
hmmm, check jamb syllabus, I guess 2 marks for one question and -3( heard it on a radio programme, was shocked) for the ones u fail, was like no wonder people fail jamb as if.............. , better to leave wen u don't know , I applied it, and it works
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 12:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

hmmm, check jamb syllabus, I guess 2 marks for one question and -3( heard it on a radio programme, was shocked) for the ones u fail, was like no wonder people fail jamb as if.............. , better to leave wen u don't know , I applied it, and it works
very sure?? what did u score??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2015
DOCTORPRESH:
very sure?? what did u score??
. choi,, messed up, I jam 271 ishhhh grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:
. choi,, messed up, I jam 271 ishhhh grin
U try boss!!
My last JAMB was 233, post ume 68, aggregate 63... DELSU's stipulated cut off mark for medicine is 63 but it seems admission has closed and I've not been admitted...
As bad as that is, I'm just gonna dust myself up and move forward and it seems I'm gonna apply that your method because I didn't even expect to score as low as 233 in my last UTME...
But if a miracle happens and I still get admitted this year..OPE ooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

. What about Chemistry and physics?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
DOCTORPRESH:
U try boss!!
My last JAMB was 233, post ume 68, aggregate 63... DELSU's stipulated cut off mark for medicine is 63 but it seems admission has closed and I've not been admitted...
As bad as that is, I'm just gonna dust myself up and move forward and it seems I'm gonna apply that your method because I didn't even expect to score as low as 233 in my last UTME...
But if a miracle happens and I still get admitted this year..OPE ooo
63 might be the cut off for indigene since its a state uni,
Its OK, do all ur best, apply the method and Leave the rest for God, is well

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dunsin89:
. What about Chemistry and physics?
same way,
English has its logical marking scheme, ( don't really know), But do ur best , very easy ( my nigga got 92 in eng though had 40s in the rest). Is well!
Wif this few point of mine, I think I ave been able to convince and not to confuse you that...............blah blah blahissshhh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:
63 might be the cut off for indigene since its a state uni,
Its OK, do all ur best, apply the method and Leave the rest for God, is well
I'm an indigene though
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

same way,
English has its logical marking scheme, ( don't really know), But do ur best , very easy ( my nigga got 92 in eng though had 40s in the rest). Is well!
Wif this few point of mine, I think I ave been able to convince and not to confuse you that...............blah blah blahissshhh.
I think English has different marks allocated to different sections of the questions.. some 1 others 2 and 3(saw this on jamb syllables) .. I think negative marking is also included.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
What medical course cn i apply for without writin biology in jamb. Am nt gud in biology and it messed me up last year, if i had written mathematics, i wud have gotten higher than 260 and wud have been admitted by now. I cant do med lab, i dont hav an interest for that course. Or shud i just settle down for any engineering course?.
#confused.
God wud surely judge UNN cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
Durentt:
What medical course cn i apply for without writin biology in jamb. Am nt gud in biology and it messed me up last year, if i had written mathematics, i wud have gotten higher than 260 and wud have been admitted by now. I cant do med lab, i dont hav an interest for that course. Or shud i just settle down for any engineering course?.
#confused.
God wud surely judge UNN cry

Make up ur mind, jamb is fast approching,having double mind @medical/engineering at this time is an odd signal ,
Biology is a stern backbone in any medical course ,,,
Durentt , forget that words of ( ure not good in biology) ( medics are known to be overall gurus ,take them anywhere, even take them to art subject, they ll blast it, shey na book )
260 is an assuring medical score , give it a trial dis time, Good u acknowledged ur weak point@biology, deal with it like ure d boss, get and EAT modern plus lamlard biology, finish it , u won't belive ur urself speaking in biology/lifeDISCOURSE tongues after
beside , make a good research on admission strategies in any school of ur choice so u won't fall victim again, MBBS admission is like impossible this days , play ur game well! see ya!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Naymie(f): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
lomaxx:
Earlier this week, one of my articles was published in the Daily Sun Newspaper and many online blogs. I hope you find the read interesting and insightful.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/new/healthcare-financing-and-the-promised-change/
Oh Baby.... I'm soooo proud of you honey. Really proud. This piece, simply gave me joy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.