Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833557 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 12:17am On Sep 03, 2016
I am also a newly medical student who just got admission but i haven't started yet please tell me how i wil survive medical school this first year and what are the things i need to do and know. Tell me how i will study and achive alot please. Tell me the study skills i will use that will help me better please. Thank you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 2:03am On Sep 03, 2016
jemmiee:

It depends on your school though.... But basically, in year two I did:, gross anatomy(study of macroscopic anatomy), embryology (study of how different organs/systems/tissues originated), histology (study of microscopic anatomy), functional anatomy (study of the functions and adaptations of different organs/systems /tissues), depending on your school now, you may do biochemistry(protein, carbohydrate, lipid metabolism, study of biomolecules, DNA/RNA metabolism, etc) and physiology(renal physiology, respiratory physiology, physiology of excitable tissues, neurophysiology, etc), you will do gss courses too.
For "etc", I can't remember others, it's been quite a number of years now.

For recommended textbooks,
For gross anatomy, I used Gray's anatomy(my best), Last's anatomy, clinical anatomy and Frank Netter's Atlas
For histology, I used functional histology and Indebir Singh's histology (my best)
For embryology, I used Langman's embryology (my best).
For functional anatomy, I used my lecture notes/internet
For physiology, I used Essentials of physiology (my best), guyton's physiology
For biochemistry, I used principles of biochemistry (my best), Harper's biochemistry

I hope I helped
N/B...I'm an Anatomy graduate of Unical wink
ma pls can we chat on WhatsApp @08136105155.I've gat things to ask you thanks .or rather pls this is my email also folamimichael49@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2016
Medics in the house. I've been away for so long that I doubt anyone will remember me.
But it's feels good to be back wink

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Medics in the house. I've been away for so long that I doubt anyone will remember me.
how ABU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2016
James150:
I am also a newly medical student who just got admission but i haven't started yet please tell me how i wil survive medical school this first year and what are the things i need to do and know. Tell me how i will study and achive alot please. Tell me the study skills i will use that will help me better please. Thank you?
the name of the School?
friend you must know thyself. Do you love reading in the day or night? You must know how you understand things such as: tutorials? personal study? lectures? E-lectures?
When you understand the mechanism of how you function then you capitalize on that. You need discipline and prayers (of course). You must set forth at Dawn!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
IssyGenius:

how ABU?
Wow. Now am gobsmacked
Well Abu's great. Just ended a session. I'm about to dive into Physiology, Anatomy and Biochem among others cry

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
James150:
Well, Greatest mistake freshers make Is called the "We've done it before" Mentality.

Most of the things you'll be doing in your first year are things you've come across in secondary school. Though advanced.
Treat every course with optimal concentration as if you're about to learn something new.
And as issygenius rightly said. There's no study skills greater than knowing how you study best.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
IssyGenius:
the name of the School?
friend you must know thyself. Do you love reading in the day or night? You must know how you understand things such as: tutorials? personal study? lectures? E-lectures?
When you understand the mechanism of how you function then you capitalize on that. You need discipline and prayers (of course). You must set forth at Dawn!
the name of the school is Bingham university
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Well, Greatest mistake freshers make Is called the "We've done it before" Mentality.

Most of the things you'll be doing in your first year are things you've come across in secondary school. Though advanced.
Treat every course with optimal concentration as if you're about to learn something new.
And as issygenius rightly said. There's no study skills greater than knowing how you study best.
thank you so much please i appreciate you all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapochrist: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

Straight to the point. In all my years of med school, I must say this is the only place I've both been appreciated for my efforts into ensuring we all succeed. One would assume that the medical students in my school would be primary beneficiaries, but that's story for another day.

Some weeks ago, I discovered some textbooks in Internal Medicine and Surgery that will certainly make your journey in Clinicals very easy. They're very straight to the point and contain relevant details that will be required of you. This would be the only place I will give those books to anyone.

Send me a pm using your mail to request for them, and I'll forward it to those interested.

DR lomaxx please dolapo74@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
James150:
the name of the school is Bingham university
I got admitted there too.. wink

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
prahcetomi:
Is their medical school accredited?

wetin be my own sef undecided
prahcetomi:

wetin be my own sef
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Drdonzeez:

wetin be my own sef undecidedIs their medical school accredited?

wetin be my own sef
Fully accredited!....https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/page/accredited-medical-schools

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
prahcetomi:
thats cool medicine and surgery too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Aii catalyst, am about commn in to abu, Buh dnt knw if I'll be considered for medicine, am from enugu state, I had 282 in jamb, one sitting in waec, buh just b2 in physiks, b3 in chem, bio,eng,maths(c6) plss help I really anticipate mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
James150:
thats cool medicine and surgery too?
yap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapochrist: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Please o,my ogas in the house,i really need an answer to this question .Can I apply for UI MBBS through D.E during the NYSC or I must complete the scheme before applying?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
xlow:

Aii catalyst, am about commn in to abu, Buh dnt knw if I'll be considered for medicine, am from enugu state, I had 282 in jamb, one sitting in waec, buh just 1b2 in physiks, c4 in chem, bio,eng,maths(c6) plss help I really anticipate mbbs
I can only tell you what you wanna hear or tell you what will ruin your mood.
People with lower grades than yours have gotten mbbs in the past. People with higher scores than yours have been denied admission in the past.

Be optimistic. Be positive. Be prayerful.
Hope for the best; Expect the worst.

Your success is my concern. wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by brostch(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Catalyst4real:
pls what textbook is a must have in 100L ABU medicine? By God's grace, I will be joining you guys next session!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2016
brostch:
pls what textbook is a must have in 100L ABU medicine? By God's grace, I will be joining you guys next session!!
There'll be one or two textbooks you'll need while in school, but handouts take the lead.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
Been a long time... This page(y'all) was my best companion in 100L and my admisssion seeking year. Really miss the page.
( was d guy that lamented being given Physiology after qualifying for Medicine, remember. Eventually crossed tho)
Finished Comprehensives 'bout 3 months ago... will resume 300L soon.
To all aspirants... keep the hope alive and d candle burning, u'll get there by God's grace
To my fellow Doctors in d embryo.... WE SHALL GET THERE!!!

Drs Lomaxx an Lagusta,.. I hail.

#UITH

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DROLA11: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
bethedoski:
Been a long time... This page(y'all) was my best companion in 100L and my admisssion seeking year. Really miss the page.
( was d guy that lamented being given Physiology after qualifying for Medicine, remember. Eventually crossed tho)
To all aspirants... keep the hope alive and d candle burning, u'll get there by God's grace

#UITH
bro are u from ui?? If yes can I have ur number ..... Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Airell: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
bethedoski:

#UITH
Are you in unilorin? If yes, can you explain their crossing system from anatomy and physiology to medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
DROLA11:
bro are u from ui?? If yes can I have ur number ..... Thanks

Nope bro... Am from Unilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Airell:

Are you in unilorin? If yes, can you explain their crossing system from anatomy and physiology to medicine

Okay... It's pretty simple.
In unilorin,The Best 10 students in physiology and best 10 in Anatomy in the first year (100l) cross to Medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
Airell:

I sight u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Airell: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
bethedoski:

Okay... It's pretty simple.
In unilorin,The Best 10 students in physiology and best 10 in Anatomy in the first year (100l) cross to Medicine.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Airell: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bush2013:
I sight u
Lol........My Doc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
bethedoski:

#UITH
Dr. pls give me info about transfer to unilorin for med surg... I applied for transfer from my state university. how do I follow up... docs in the house put me thru pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:49am On Sep 09, 2016
bethedoski:

#UITH

Keep the flag flying!!!

Better by far!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by thelonemedic(m): 4:32am On Sep 09, 2016
bethedoski:
#UITH

BENolly, i see you Bro.

Probitas Doctrina✌✌
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jum19: 5:30am On Sep 09, 2016
I pray God help me 2 as he helped u guys... Though am a pedite of lautech smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.