Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823199 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kingexcellence:
Please Doctors, is it necessary to read Netter's Atlas when reading anatomy?
As we were told in my school, you can't study anatomy effectively without your Anatomy atlas..It enables you assimilate what you've read faster... There are many other atlases, but I prefer Frank Netters

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissLadyJay(f): 1:43am On Aug 09, 2016
Kingexcellence:
Please Doctors, is it necessary to read Netter's Atlas when reading anatomy?
It's very very necessary! To be able to recall anatomy effectively, try to make use of any of your five senses.. . Sense of touch(attend gross practicals) sense of sight(use atlas and study videos) sense of hearing(teach your mirror)

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2016
Is there any imsu medical aspirant here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Irenemmeso(f): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
SIRMUELLY:
Is there any imsu medical aspirant here?
hmmm imsu
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2016
Good day Dr. lomaxx. I'm interested: ugohikem@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prepme: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Are they writing exam exams;utme candidates?
Different schools post utme form is currently on sale now so I will advice if you wrote the utme exam,pay attention to your school of choice if they are writing the post utme exams and proceed as instructed so you don't get left out thinking no post utme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetieConstie(f): 1:04am On Aug 11, 2016
seunO4:

I rep UNILAG....300lvl mbbs.

Please, reply my mail... undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seunO4: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Please, reply my mail... undecided

Kindly check your inbox....i just replied

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by skylane: 12:12am On Aug 12, 2016
Please,I am about to go for nursing school. Abt going for cbt entrance exam please any nursing skuul student here? I need to ask questions please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emmyrabson(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2016
good morning everyone. I'm hoping to be admitted into BUK next year to study mbbs by God's grace ....please my able docs. what is required of me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2016
Mrn Great minds I need an advice on this pls. Want to register for remidials programme against next year's jamb cos I had a low score in this year's jamb. Want to go for ABU zarie . State of origin Enugu, borne and grew in the north,finished my Sec school in the north.I want to apply at ABU as a northerner. My credentials all carries my state of origin as Enugu. How is this gonna affect me during the screening.....And admission process.Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2016
flexcalvin:
Mrn Great minds I need an advice on this pls. Want to register for remidials programme against next year's jamb cos I had a low score in this year's jamb. Want to go for ABU zarie . State of origin Enugu, borne and grew in the north,finished my Sec school in the north.I want to apply at ABU as a northerner. My credentials all carries my state of origin as Enugu. How is this gonna affect me during the screening.....And admission process.Thanks
From my knowledge, ABU is very strict about the state of origin of a thing. It affected a friend of mine way back in 2010, though he's a fulani (core northerner), but wasn't accepted because he had dual state of origin (Niger and Gombe). He was screened out, and the admission forfeited. I advice that you wait for next jamb or better still enrol in another pre - degree programme in a school that's more flexible, because ABU only accept northerners in their remedial programme. You can try UNN, UNIZIK, OAU, UNILAG etc.
I wish you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amedave(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
SBJoji:
Hi! I'm a 400 level MB,BS student from University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH)
good afternoon can you pm me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks bro@ charley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thanks doc pls send to me.... May God bless you alot
My email is agantemboy@gmail.com
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

Straight to the point. In all my years of med school, I must say this is the only place I've both been appreciated for my efforts into ensuring we all succeed. One would assume that the medical students in my school would be primary beneficiaries, but that's story for another day.

Some weeks ago, I discovered some textbooks in Internal Medicine and Surgery that will certainly make your journey in Clinicals very easy. They're very straight to the point and contain relevant details that will be required of you. This would be the only place I will give those books to anyone.

Send me a pm using your mail to request for them, and I'll forward it to those interested.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tommyBaba: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Goodday Pharm. in d house. Dere z a whatsapp grp for all Rx students in naija. to join msg 08126312323. lets connect #RxConnect
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nancho22(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
lomaxx:

How did she know the room was hot?

Room temperature measurement or subjective analysis?
boss my email is medicalnancho1 @gmail.com

For the materials link thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ssthorm(f): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

Straight to the point. In all my years of med school, I must say this is the only place I've both been appreciated for my efforts into ensuring we all succeed. One would assume that the medical students in my school would be primary beneficiaries, but that's story for another day.

Some weeks ago, I discovered some textbooks in Internal Medicine and Surgery that will certainly make your journey in Clinicals very easy. They're very straight to the point and contain relevant details that will be required of you. This would be the only place I will give those books to anyone.

Send me a pm using your mail to request for them, and I'll forward it to those interested.

Helo,pls...meerah400@gmail.com,tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SBJoji(m): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
amedave:
good afternoon can you pm me
Hi whats up dude
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2016
A patient is stabbed in the neck. You suspect damage to the
accessory nerve in the posterior triangle. You would test
nerve function by asking the patient to
a) extend their neck against resistance.
b) extend their neck without impairment.
c) lift their shoulders against resistance.
d) lift their shoulders without impairment.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 1:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Examination of a patient indicates that they have a medially
directed strabismus (squint). This could be due to damage
to the
a) oculomotor nerve.
b) trochlear nerve.
c) ophthalmic trigeminal nerve.
d) abducens nerve.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 3:26am On Aug 16, 2016
Wizydom144:
Examination of a patient indicates that they have a medially
directed strabismus (squint). This could be due to damage
to the
a) oculomotor nerve.
b) trochlear nerve.
c) ophthalmic trigeminal nerve.
d) abducens nerve.
cd
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 6:49am On Aug 16, 2016
Wizydom144:

A patient is stabbed in the neck. You suspect damage to the
accessory nerve in the posterior triangle. You would test
nerve function by asking the patient to
a) extend their neck against resistance.
b) extend their neck without impairment.
c) lift their shoulders against resistance.
d) lift their shoulders without impairment.
C. Accessory nerve supplies the trapezius which is the shrugging muscle and can be tested by option C.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nancho22(m): 4:53am On Aug 17, 2016
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

my mail is Medicalnancho1@gmail.com thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kelechiug: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
lomaxx:
Good evening everyone.

please , kelechiup@gmail.com ... thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nellyikn: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
I am interested in the books too. My email address is nelly4ui@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by rkarang: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
lomaxx:

Dr Lomaxx I want to acknowledge your altruistic services on Nairaland. May almighty God continue to bless you with wisdom and understanding.

I sent you a PM... I need a piece of educational advice from you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michy99(f): 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
My email is elle.shantel@yahoo.com.......tnx a lot Lomaxx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amulet: 6:16am On Aug 18, 2016
rebekita4luv@gmail.com.........thanks in advance Dr lomax
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 7:42am On Aug 18, 2016
anifowosetoyib@gmail.com...... thanks in advance Dr lomax
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eyideejay(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2016
oluwadarajames@yahoo.com @Dr Lomaxx ambfitsaint cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2016
After reading this thread from beginning to end for the second time,with unilorin denying me last year,got admission to Bingham Uni..... kiss

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.