Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835772 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 12:33am On Dec 05, 2016
[email][/email]
DrLazDevitan:

Madam,i greet o.How UI dey be you na?
boss mi......i dey loyal ooo. UI..... It is well
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 12:34am On Dec 05, 2016
Dbrainiac1:

tongue That's how it has always been. But e go soon pass, scores be looking like grandfather's age cheesy
grandfather abi grandson undecided Indeed it will

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 5:48am On Dec 05, 2016
DrLazDevitan:

Master Vincentio,man! Longest time.Not yet,i am yet to write my first MB.It is nextyear anyway.

Man,how are you? How is studies in UI like?
Oh! I've been OK. Trying to make the best i can here.
It's UNN though, not UI.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
We entered the Hallowed Hallway that marked the entry to the sanction of every naive 200level student-the Dissection Hall, only to have our olfaction assaulted by the fetid stench of formalin. When one gets accustomed to the putrid smell, if one does at all, the Next Humungous task is keeping his/her eyes open and ignoring the intense burning sensation and the watering redness as the formalin vapours begin taking over.
We the approached the cadavers, expecting them to be covered in a sheet, expecting the teachers to prepare us for what was to come.
Instead, it was all mechanical, with the assistant lecturers treating it as a mundane task. Our cadaver was dark, rigid and stark naked. His skin was peeling off in several places, there were distinct signs of manual labour on his blistered palms. He was reed thin.
But the most startling observation was that half his face was missing. I looked around at the other tables each body had half a face.
I don't think anybody talked for several minutes. I thought somebody was bound to throw up or feel nauseous. But many just gazed about awkwardly.
Something unavoidable, was going beyond the somatic shroud of our cadaver and imaginning how life must have treated him before he was unfortunate enough to land before us, for we were to treat him as nothing more than a body, a tool to organize the mental chaos doled out in theory lectures.
Then the Lecturer spoke up: and we made an incision below the platysma to begin dissecting the upper extremity.
That was all..........
Our cadaver's once-intact body now lies in the form of various organs and appendages stored in buckets of water and formalin

12 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
Millex:
I wanna use this chance to say God did it... The journey to be admitted is over..,, onto the next one. Finally dropped the name aspirant to doctor in training.
Wow.. Finally God did it boss... I'm indeed so so happy for you... It's been God... Immediately mah admission came, ah knew yours was gonna come.. Smiles.... Congratulations. Bhu you still haven't told us dha school dhat offered you admission..

Shout out to all AAUCOM 100level Medical students
shout out to all AAUCOM students
Shout out to all those recently admitted, God has been so faithful.. To those who are yet to be admitted, I assure you dhat God is nad dead

Shout out to all AAUCOM pre MB students dhat started their exam today wishing you guys success
Cc:Thewhizzkid

And lastly, I greet all medics, aspirants doctors, freshers and including the mods in this group..

It's Jason Aka Apostle hailing from AAUCOM..
#AyamBack

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Jason555:
Wow.. Finally God did it boss... I'm indeed so so happy for you... It's been God... Immediately mah admission came, ah knew yours was gonna come.. Smiles.... Congratulations. Bhu you still haven't told us dha school dhat offered you admission..

Shout out to all those recently admitted, God has been so faithful.. To those who are yet to be admitted, I assure you dhat God is nad dead

Shout out to all AAUCOM pre MB students dhat started their exam today wishing you guys success

And lastly, I greet all medics, aspirants doctors, freshers and including the mods in this group..

#AyamBack
welcome bro. The selfless info u give at dha facebook page is dully appreciated!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
Shekstatari:
We entered the Hallowed Hallway that marked the entry to the sanction of every naive 200level student-the Dissection Hall, only to have our olfaction assaulted by the fetid stench of formalin. When one gets accustomed to the putrid smell, if one does at all, the Next Humungous task is keeping his/her eyes open and ignoring the intense burning sensation and the watering redness as the formalin vapours begin taking over.
We the approached the cadavers, expecting them to be covered in a sheet, expecting the teachers to prepare us for what was to come.
Instead, it was all mechanical, with the assistant lecturers treating it as a mundane task. Our cadaver was dark, rigid and stark naked. His skin was peeling off in several places, there were distinct signs of manual labour on his blistered palms. He was reed thin.
But the most startling observation was that half his face was missing. I looked around at the other tables each body had half a face.
I don't think anybody talked for several minutes. I thought somebody was bound to throw up or feel nauseous. But many just gazed about awkwardly.
Something unavoidable, was going beyond the somatic shroud of our cadaver and imaginning how life must have treated him before he was unfortunate enough to land before us, for we were to treat him as nothing more than a body, a tool to organize the mental chaos doled out in theory lectures.
Then the Lecturer spoke up: and we made an incision below the platysma to begin dissecting the upper extremity.
That was all..........
Our cadaver's once-intact body now lies in the form of various organs and appendages stored in buckets of water and formalin
weldone boss!

Keep the flag flying.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NeonDee(m): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Millex:
I wanna use this chance to say God did it... The journey to be admitted is over..,, onto the next one. Finally dropped the name aspirant to doctor in training.
WOW!! This is 2daful.

Congrats bro!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abcruz:
welcome bro. The selfless info u give at dha facebook page is dully appreciated!
Thanks.. Do well to gimme a call 08183926896
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haneetram: 4:16am On Dec 06, 2016
I am a 2nd year Nigerian medical student in china I am glad I found this forum to communicate with other medical students. I share a lot of my medical school experiences here like how is study for exams, how to take notes in medical school, memorization in medical school and much more here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-y7zm6hRNcNTLIT4qBEyNg/videos and lots of scholarship opportunities to study medicine in china.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:35am On Dec 06, 2016
Wow first few days in med school and I am supposed to be so excited to be learning anatomy as it helps my appreciate the normal structures and histo even though its all pink let's not forget the developing human, physiology and biochemistry. Right now I am a little too tired to be joyous, with the barrage of assignments, notes and stuff we expected to learn.
In all still love every single second of it.....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CnCstore: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Millex:
Wow first few days in med school and I am supposed to be so excited to be learning anatomy as it helps my appreciate the normal structures and histo even though its all pink let's not forget the developing human, physiology and biochemistry. Right now I am a little too tired to be joyous, with the barrage of assignments, notes and stuff we expected to learn.
In all still love every single second of it.....

Which university?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2016
hello house
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jason555:
Thanks.. Do well to gimme a call 08183926896
ok i will!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JumiaAgent: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Do you Need Cheap Laptops, Electronics, Phones and Laptops, Home & Office Appliances, Wears etc? Order through me from JUMIA & Pay_Cash and get free delivery@ Your DoorStep... Call/WhatsApp 08096990027
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
After YEARS of chasing MBBS...

Started 2007 when I did the Basic program at Uniport...I was about seven points short of the cut off...

I proceeded to study Human Physiology...

I wanted to switch at Year 1...but I didn't make up to 4 points....

I moved to Plan C: Get a 2-1 and do DE...

I got a 2-1.....but DE didn't come my way..

I got admission at Georgia after NYSC..I was denied entry..

I got admission at TAU, Guyana...Ebola came on board...West Africans were denied visa.

I got married to my darling babe..

We enrolled for M. Sc programs...(me, Human Physiology, she, Public Health)...

I gave DE another try.....

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

Sincerely, the last time I was this excited was when our son was born...

Indeed, God is the greatest!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
TONYE001:

Started 2007 when I did the Basic program at Uniport...I was about seven points short of the cut off...

I got admission at TAU, Guyana...Ebola came on board...West Africans were denied visa.

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

Initially,I didn't want to put this piece across to you but I'll do that since my conscience wouldn't let me be at rest..I'm not really sure uniabuja medical schools is wholly accredited .I'll urge you to have a plan B in case things didn't work out in your favour and be fervent in prayers.Congrats on your admission.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Initially,I didn't want to put this piece across to you but I'll do that since my conscience wouldn't let me be at rest..I'm not really sure uniabuja medical schools is wholly accredited .I'll urge you to have a plan B in case things didn't work out in your favour and be fervent in prayers.Congrats on your admission.

Thanks for this, brother...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 2:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Drdonzeez:
They are partially accredited with a quota of 50..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 2:47am On Dec 08, 2016
TONYE001:

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

Finally ur faith took u to good fate..

Congrat bro..ur passion .thumb up..

I rep UNIPORT

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Drguzzykola:

Finally ur faith took u to good fate..

Congrat bro..ur passion .thumb up..

I rep UNIPORT

Thanks.. Unique Uniport...2007-2011 I was at NMH B...Wing A...Room 302..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dr. Lomaxx (and any other person that can help), I need preclinical texts..Gross Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry, Embryology...and Physiology..

babemaamaye@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jason555:

#AyamBack
Thanks a lot boss. Please continue to put us in your prayers.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
TONYE001:

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

congrats sir! Your enthusiasm and passion has brought u this far...

May the almighty God see u through on this journey. Congrats once more and welcome onboard!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
TONYE001:

Thanks.. Unique Uniport...2007-2011 I was at NMH B...Wing A...Room 302..

wow, haha. , stayed in NMH A now off k ,, did uniport basic 2014/2015.
nice to hear from u.

thumb up...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Abcruz:
congrats sir! Your enthusiasm and passion has brought u this far...

May the almighty God see u through on this journey. Congrats once more and welcome onboard!

May God bless you; amen to your prayers. I wish you success in your affairs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
Drguzzykola:

wow, haha. , stayed in NMH A now off k ,, did uniport basic 2014/2015.
nice to hear from u.

thumb up...

Thanks.. and nice to hear from you too..

It was during our set that Basic was moved to Abuja Campus...it was at Choba..

I was at Alakahia in my Final Year...Favour Lodge.. Haha..

Again, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hackmd(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
pls how can i get to abeokuta waec office from agbado or ijaye very urgent
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ejis2100: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
TONYE001:

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

Wow...am feeling so inspired.
Am also a graduate of human physiology frm university of portharcourt.

I also did basic program 2009/2010 set

I just finished my youth service n i applied for DE dis yr but was not given medicine. I hope to try next yr too.

Congrats bro

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
holuwharsheun2:
bro plz can I av ur contact we nid 2 talk
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2016
TONYE001:

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

So happy for u bro. Similar case though with 3 kids.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2016
kempreze:

So happy for u bro. Similar case though with 3 kids.

Woah! Happy for you too, brother.

How are you coping? In my case, I'm leaving PH for Abuja...I'm leaving them behind...but I plan to move them over in the nearest future..

I need tips... I want to learn from your experience, Sir..

Awaiting your reply..

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.