Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834940 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
dannyboii1:
Please guys.. Am from cross Rivers state but I grew up in Port Harcourt..I m preparing for this yesterday jamb. Am think between unical and uniport... Can anybody recommend the one more suitable
unical has less aspirants than uniport, and being an indigene would be advantageous. I say go for unical

#My5kobo

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mahwins: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hello every one, pls is 2016/2017 jamb form out. Any one with info should help me out pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hello friends, I am a medicine and surgery aspirant but a bit confused on the school to apply for better performance.I know University of Ibadan is best,but for now, my choice is UNN. My question now is, Is there any difference in the knowledge and performance level of a doctor from UI in comparism to a doctor from UNN ........... Is it not the same medicine they studied
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
MADUKAMARTIN:
Hello friends, I am a medicine and surgery aspirant but a bit confused on the school to apply for better performance.I know University of Ibadan is best,but for now, my choice is UNN. My question now is, Is there any difference in the knowledge and performance level of a doctor from UI in comparism to a doctor from UNN ........... Is it not the same medicine they studied
The bolded sha... Where do people get information like this?

Anyway, to answer your question, I believe MDCN has a syllabus which all accredited schools use. Also UI and UNN are both 'popular' medical schools and as such should give their doctors the same fame, respect, performance etc.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ambulose: 7:45am On Jan 13, 2017
okolocassia12:
HI I AM OKOLO CHUKWUEBUKA CALEB A 200L STUDENT OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA IN THE DEPT OF MEDICINE AND SUGERY.I CREATED THIS WHATSAPP GROUP FOR ALL MEDICAL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA.THE GROUP IS CREATED MAINLY FOR INTERACTION BTW MEDICAL STUDENTS IN DIFF UNIVERSITIES AND NOT INTIMIDATION .all medical students should PLS DROPtheir whatsapp contact so that they would be added to the group.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ambulose: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2017
okolocassia12:
HI I AM OKOLO CHUKWUEBUKA CALEB A 200L STUDENT OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA IN THE DEPT OF MEDICINE AND SUGERY.I CREATED THIS WHATSAPP GROUP FOR ALL MEDICAL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA.THE GROUP IS CREATED MAINLY FOR INTERACTION BTW MEDICAL STUDENTS IN DIFF UNIVERSITIES AND NOT INTIMIDATION .all medical students should PLS DROPtheir whatsapp contact so that they would be added to the group.
. 08074426955
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 11:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Isaolamide:
Evening docs.please what are the university that don't request for nysc certificate for D.E?I'm in my final year and I don't want to service because I want to use my degree for D.e to MBBS

Also who know any uni that used no point system to admit this year?
Nnamdi azikiwe university
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOluwatobhy(m): 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Medicine had been my calling.it my 3rd jamb tho and am 21, but i know one day i will be in medical school. Dear medical student just do pray for me...#unilorin.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
DrOluwatobhy:
Medicine had been my calling.it my 3rd jamb tho and am 21, but i know one day i will be in medical school. Dear medical student just do pray for me...#unilorin.
Dear medical students I need ur prayers also pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please who knows when waec registration 2017/2018 registration is ending.......I have a guy who is confused about that. Let someone help clear the air.........................
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:20am On Jan 14, 2017
MADUKAMARTIN:
Please who knows when waec registration 2017/2018 registration is ending.......I have a guy who is confused about that. Let someone help clear the air.........................
Jan 17
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia12: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2017
MADUKAMARTIN:
see when it even comes to landmark achievement unnth has a better acheivement than uch. unnth has done about 108 open heart surgery in 2 years and is the cardiothoracic centre in west Africa (d only place where u uwould see a centre for Africa) but uch(ui) is celebrating 3-6 in 3months .the truth is just DAT if u score high in jamb go for unn but low score unibadan cos dey don't use jamb score.go to their teaching hospital sites and see for urself u would see that unnth has also seperated Siamese twins but if u look at uch own u would be looking for a remarkable achievement .unn has the fastest medical skull in the country(less than 6years but close to. it) thats y the stress is just much imagine upper limb thorax and abdomen in 4 months .all those western skulls are just overhyped imagine rubbish luth without light is ranked as one of the best.any tin dey do will be publicized but if its ours it won't (_when unn was the best in webometrics last year it was not fixed in my school.com.ng an nairaland only newspapers carried it) I remember vividly when unibafan was d best every where carried it.imagine nairaland did not give unn credit for bennet omalu s achievement but ui will claim wile shoyinka achievement that went to university abroad again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by brainiarc: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
finally after reading from page 0-417( which is the current page) , gained loads of knowledge from people's experiences and Dr. lomaxx's past msgs...well I can say a thread like this is what we need for a better future , where we exchange, give and share positive ideas , opinions and encourage those who are yet to achieve their aim ..to cut the long story short , I got admitted for MBBS in oau last year (still yet to resume tho , hoping to do so soonest)..well I can say I didn't struggle much all thanks to God cos reading people's experiences has given me a reason to be forever grateful.And to all those who are yet to be admitted I pray to God grants our heart desire and let's be more shrewd in planning our admission, to avoid failure and making the same mistake .. ..to those who are still in med sch ..u guys are our source of inspiration ..u guys should keep the flag flying high and I pray that God guides us all till the end of time

#TEAM MBBS
#FOREVER GROWING

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2017
brainiarc:
finally after reading from page 0-417( which is the current page) , gained loads of knowledge from people's experiences and Dr. lomaxx's past msgs...well I can say a thread like this is what we need for a better future , where we exchange, give and share positive ideas , opinions and encourage those who are yet to achieve their aim ..to cut the long story short , I got admitted for MBBS in oau last year (still yet to resume tho , hoping to do so soonest)..well I can say I didn't struggle much all thanks to God cos reading people's experiences has given me a reason to be forever grateful.And to all those who are yet to be admitted I pray to God grants our heart desire and let's be more shrewd in planning our admission, to avoid failure and making the same mistake .. ..to those who are still in med sch ..u guys are our source of inspiration ..u guys should keep the flag flying high and I pray that God guides us all till the end of time

#TEAM MBBS
#FOREVER GROWING
See my name o shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:11am On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:
see when it even comes to landmark achievement unnth has a better acheivement than uch. unnth has done about 108 open heart surgery in 2 years and is the cardiothoracic centre in west Africa (d only place where u uwould see a centre for Africa) but uch(ui) is celebrating 3-6 in 3months .the truth is just DAT if u score high in jamb go for unn but low score unibadan cos dey don't use jamb score.go to their teaching hospital sites and see for urself u would see that unnth has also seperated Siamese twins but if u look at uch own u would be looking for a remarkable achievement .unn has the fastest medical skull in the country(less than 6years but close to. it) thats y the stress is just much imagine upper limb thorax and abdomen in 4 months .all those western skulls are just overhyped imagine rubbish luth without light is ranked as one of the best.any tin dey do will be publicized but if its ours it won't (_when unn was the best in webometrics last year it was not fixed in my school.com.ng an nairaland only newspapers carried it) I remember vividly when unibafan was d best every where carried it.imagine nairaland did not give unn credit for bennet omalu s achievement but ui will claim wile shoyinka achievement that went to university abroad again.
@ the bolded. That is no big deal. We finished Upper limb, lower limb, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum in 5 months. Unimaid

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
See my name o shocked
BRO PLS CAN I GET UR CONTACT IM AN ASPIRANT FOR OAU MEDICINE. PLS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:21am On Jan 14, 2017
derrick015:
BRO PLS CAN I GET UR CONTACT IM AN ASPIRANT FOR OAU MEDICINE. PLS
It should be brainiarc
I'm not a student of OAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michy99(f): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2017
Pls who can help me with a link to download Ghai pediatrics textbook for free or any website for downloading medical textbooks... Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by danilmo: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:
add me 08113316697
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phawwaz(m): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
hello am currently ss3 and want to study medicine but I currently haven't fully decided which uni I should go am from osun but u can also get a birth certificate from kwara (connections) am wishing to go to Abu Zaria or unilorin I need advice on which I should go for and why...thanks a lot been reading last pages
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INNOCENT16286: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ambulose:
08169701136 pls add me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INNOCENT16286: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:
08169701136. pls add me. #teammbbs Unijos awaiting list
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michy99(f): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia12: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
@ the bolded. That is no big deal. We finished Upper limb, lower limb, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum in 5 months.
which skull is that .must u lie .una no do first test
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:
which skull is that .must u lie .una no do first test
University of Maiduguri. *in Falz's voice*...if you think say I dey lie you can come here to certify. grin We did all the tests(mcq, oral, and steeple chase). Each of the courses takes 4 weeks to complete.What are you talking about?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia12: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
University of Maiduguri. *in Falz's voice*...if you think say I dey lie you can come here to certify. grin We did all the tests(mcq, oral, and steeple chase). Each of the courses takes 4 weeks to complete.What are you talking about?
scam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
okolocassia12:
scam
Ain't got nothing to say... I get it. We started lectures on 18 Nov 2015 and ended on 4th June 2016. During this period (6 months) we covered Introduction to Anatomy, upper limb, lower limb, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum, embryology and histology. Altogether with physiology n biochemistry incourses. Exams started on 6th July 2016. Seems like our school faster than yours sef... undecided

PS. Before you crucify me, I'm a 300 level BDS student. I know what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
brainiarc:

#TEAM MBBS
#FOREVER GROWING
Hi Bro I plan to choose oau this year. Bro pls can I get ur contact
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by brainiarc: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
derrick015:
Hi Bro I plan to choose oau this year. Bro pls can I get ur contact
Yep ..here it is 08184014469
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by trino: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
With Testdriller UTME 2017, we present an unrivaled software solution that guarantee that the candidates score from 270 and above in their UTME. The reasons for this milestone is not far fetched as the Testdriller software possess the interface that is exactly like the one for their UTME. We also incorporated the literature textbook recommended for candidates to read in the software(The last days at the Forcados). Detailed summary of each chapter was also included in the software. We are also confident about the performance of the software in aiding students because of the ability to not only assess the students ability of answering questions correctly in exam conditions, but also assessing their speed. This is usually presented after an exam session with software with different form of illustration given(i.e. in tables,bar charts, pie charts,etc) to aid understanding. This software also gives you an ample opportunity to study by topic of interest, thereby giving room for a student to thoroughly treat a particular topic and all the questions on that topic in the past questions from 2000-2016.

With Testdriller SSCE 2017, we present a software solution that aids the candidate to study in three modes which is STUY,MOCK & PRACTICE mode. It also contain theory questions for all the past years and mark the answers that a candidate input for a particular question based on the degree of correctness(in percentage) to the default answer coded in the software.

With Testdriller Android comes also a special feature called the SCHOOL FINDER that helps candidate to search for their courses and the institutions offering them with the number of applicants that applied for it the previous year. It gives the candidate an overview of competitive areas and schools (university, polytechnics & college of education). It also covers over 16,000 bank of past questions for both SSCE & UTME.

And now, the new Testdriller JSCE 2017 that avails students in the junior secondary sections opportunity to study on all their subject of interest. Students right from JSS1-3 can use this software to equip them academically while bracing up adequately for their JUNIOR WAEC.

For more information and to make your orders:

Call/Whatsapp Valentine on 08034047666 or 07058199231
Email: testdrillersoftwaresolutions@gmail.com

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
The cash for registering the may/june waec 2017 is at hand.I have a guy who wants to register but he was not well informed and was just telling me about it. Do you think there can still be any school(here in abuja) where the registration is still ongoing,because I heard that most schools have already submitted thier list of candidates
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DayoAlpha: 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Ain't got nothing to say... I get it. We started lectures on 18 Nov 2015 and ended on 4th June 2016. During this period (6 months) we covered Introduction to Anatomy, upper limb, lower limb, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum, embryology and histology. Altogether with physiology n biochemistry incourses. Exams started on 6th July 2016. Seems like our school faster than yours sef... undecided

PS. Before you crucify me, I'm a 300 level BDS student. I know what I'm talking about.
I just got in for BDS too....plzzz gv me ur contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Emma2Seconds and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.