Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833870 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Major0303(m): 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
please, can OAU accept 2 waec sittings to study MBBS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by brainiarc: 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
diamora:

I tap your blessings.
I pray to gain admission this year, I'm really tired of staying at home.

Congratulations dear, be studious and may God help you.
thanks will give it all my best and I pray God makes this year's admission a success for you and all other aspirants

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
James150:
Please some one should tell me an affordable university to study medicine and surgery abroad and process to apply....or any university abroad that will accept me start from my second year there....
Please someone shud reply me I prefer to study in the us if one can tell Me an affordable university there or any country that is accredited....
Thank you medics
James ooooo grin grin grin grin.....All will be well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by diamora(f): 8:31am On Jan 20, 2017
brainiarc:

thanks will give it all my best and I pray God makes this year's admission a success for you and other aspirants on this thread

Amen!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by diamora(f): 8:33am On Jan 20, 2017
Dalyjay:

hmmm, tanks so much
U re welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Major0303:
please, can OAU accept 2 waec sittings to study MBBS?
No school In Nigeria will accept 2 sittings for MBBS.. Even Nursing won't accept 2 sittings.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
UniosunGuy:
No school In Nigeria will accept 2 sittings for MBBS.. Even Nursing won't accept 2 sittings.
Absolutely wrong.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Absolutely wrong.
So, which school will accept that?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2017
If a school admits more medical students than it shuld, are they going to b sanctioned eg UNN admitted lyk 250+ when dia mdcn slot is 150
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 9:26am On Jan 21, 2017
Pls hw good is uniben in medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
UniosunGuy:
GSU, UNIMAID
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
IFEZINX1:
If a school admits more medical students than it shuld, are they going to b sanctioned eg UNN admitted lyk 250+ when dia mdcn slot is 150
They might lose accreditation.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
IFEZINX1:
or it will be a warfing spree
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
GSU, UNIMAID
That's cool. I don't really know much about those Northern schools. Thanks for the information tho smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
UniosunGuy:
Uniport, NDU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
UniosunGuy:
That's cool. I don't really know much about those Northern schools. Thanks for the information tho smiley
Welcome. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Why don't you try UNN &ABU or better still a better state university . Wish you well. I would have advised you to choose UI, UNILAG or OAU but your o'level I think you understand...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JumiaAgent: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Wanna order on Jumia? But the delivery fees are freaking u out? Order through a Jumia Agent for free delivery. Call/WhatsApp me on 08096990027. Payment on delivery!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Now i know the journey to a medical school isn't easy.
I applied to ui last year i had a very nice grade but kinda low jamb score my screening score was around 73 but the cut-off point was 76.75.
I felt so devasted and frustrated when the admission list was released and i wasn't admitted..
I almost lost my passion.
But Thank God.

To the new aspirant please prepare well for both your jamb and waec exams..since it's the criteria for admissions..

I wish you well!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
They might lose accreditation.
lots of university do act like that sometimes.I know a few that admitted more than their quota also .The implication is that there will high competition, and the university is likely to drop many at each level......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DROLA11: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ajet001:
Now i know the journey to a medical school isn't easy.
I applied to ui last year i had a very nice grade but kinda low jamb score my screening score was around 73 but the cut-off point was 76.75.
I felt so devasted and frustrated when the admission list was released and i wasn't admitted..
I almost lost my passion.
But Thank God.

To the new aspirant please prepare well for both your jamb and waec exams..since it's the criteria for admissions..

I wish you well!!!
bro plz, share us your waec grades and jamb result....... plz let no your waec grade and jamb score........ thanks bro....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michayo(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Good evening guyz...I'm an aspirant to OAU, I need ur advices on courses selection cuz I'm about to register for 2017/18 UTME.....I'm doubting of Nursing and Medical rehabilitation guyz,....please advice!! I'm ready to opt in for any medical course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
DROLA11:
bro plz, share us your waec grades and jamb result....... plz let no your waec grade and jamb score........ thanks bro....
I'm sorry can't do that.
But i can expain to you how it was calculated(i mean the screening score)
Pls no offence

thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 3:32am On Jan 23, 2017
Michayo:
Good evening guyz...I'm an aspirant to OAU, I need ur advices on courses selection cuz I'm about to register for 2017/18 UTME.....I'm doubting of Nursing and Medical rehabilitation guyz,....please advice!! I'm ready to opt in for any medical course
you're doubting nursing and medical rehab?... I didn't get that part. But If you're contemplating between the two, then I'd advice you go for the one with more career options(nursing). That's if you can survive the competition. if you can't, then med rehab would be better. You could also apply for pharmacy(also competitive)

Your choice should depend on your ability to beat the competition

Good luck!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michayo(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2017
Thanks bro....Med Rehab cut off mark is 248 while Nursing is 249 @ OAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michayo(m): 6:28am On Jan 23, 2017
Thanks bro....Med Rehab cut off mark is 248 while Nursing is 249 @ OAU, but I dont think Nursing is dat competitive as Medical Rehab here in OAU......what's ur view bro?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia12: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2017
IFEZINX1:
their quota has been increased to around 200 but many would fail out.like last induction only 96 inducted 1st st. Unn can never exhaust their space in clinicals and induction
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2017
okolocassia12:
their quota has been increased to around 200 but many would fail out.like last induction only 96 inducted 1st st. Unn can never exhaust their space in clinicals and induction
No university has a quota of 200. The highest is 180 and that's UI
IFEZINX1
Sorry it isn't clear. And it seems I can't upload the clearer version. It's 150

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 10:55am On Jan 23, 2017
dearpiriye:
No university has a quota of 200. The highest is 180 and that's UI
IFEZINX1
Sorry it isn't clear. And it seems I can't upload the clearer version. It's 150

Thanks..... I got admission into unizik medicine and surgery through dia prescience programme and our courses were changed (all d pple dat got tru prescience) for no jst reason.
I am thinking of taking Jamb again bt am confused b/w Uniben and Unn.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 10:58am On Jan 23, 2017
And Uniport
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vimma(f): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
TONYE001:
After YEARS of chasing MBBS...

Started 2007 when I did the Basic program at Uniport...I was about seven points short of the cut off...

I proceeded to study Human Physiology...

I wanted to switch at Year 1...but I didn't make up to 4 points....

I moved to Plan C: Get a 2-1 and do DE...

I got a 2-1.....but DE didn't come my way..

I got admission at Georgia after NYSC..I was denied entry..

I got admission at TAU, Guyana...Ebola came on board...West Africans were denied visa.

I got married to my darling babe..

We enrolled for M. Sc programs...(me, Human Physiology, she, Public Health)...

I gave DE another try.....

and...

I'm in!

University of Abuja!

Sincerely, the last time I was this excited was when our son was born...

Indeed, God is the greatest!

Wow!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.