Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823907 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Thanks..... I got admission into unizik medicine and surgery through dia prescience programme and our courses were changed (all d pple dat got tru prescience) for no jst reason.
I am thinking of taking Jamb again bt am confused b/w Uniben and Unn.
what state are you from?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
vimma:

Wow!!!
THIS IS VIVIAN NA
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ajet001:

I'm sorry can't do that.
But i can expain to you how it was calculated(i mean the screening score)
Pls no offence

thanks
Which skul were u admitted to? And how were their aggregate calculated.?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
dearpiriye:
what state are you from?
Anambra
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=xlow post=53064980] Which skul were u admitted to? And how were their aggregate calculated.?[/quot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Anambra
in the aspect of catchment unn will be better.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dalyjay:
Doctors in the house, I need your help....I had 281 in last year jamb and I choose unilorin, but I was not admitted... I am planning on writing this year jamb again.please can u list some good schools that will admit me with a good high score in jamb, I am from osun state

my waec result:
English B3
Math. C5
Chen. B3
phy C5
biology C5

please I need ur advice, I don't wanna sit at home again
Same grade and score I had.
Inbox let's talk. 09033809294.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
xlow:

Which skul were u admitted to? And how were their aggregate calculated.?
I said i wasn't admitted.
In ui last year it was o'level 50 and utme 50
A1-6points
B2-5points
B3-4points
C4-3points
C5-2points
C6-1point
Let assume you've A1's in your 5 relevant subjects that is 6*5=30/30=1*50 =50(for o'levels)
Then utme jamb score/8
Assuming you had 400, 400/8= 50
So o'level plus utme 50+50=100
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Michayo:
Thanks bro....Med Rehab cut off mark is 248 while Nursing is 249 @ OAU, but I dont think Nursing is dat competitive as Medical Rehab here in OAU......what's ur view bro?
Cut off point isn't competition, jamb statistics is. According to jamb stats, 437 applied for med rehab, 3596 applied for nursing and 2295 for pharmacy(89xx for medicine) . Nursing is definitely more competitive, followed by pharmacy and then med rehab.

Work with this figures, get the ones for 2015, 2014 and 2013, work out an average then evaluate yourself. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Thanks..... I got admission into unizik medicine and surgery through dia prescience programme and our courses were changed (all d pple dat got tru prescience) for no jst reason.
I am thinking of taking Jamb again bt am confused b/w Uniben and Unn.
No reason?... what of those who applied via jamb?

Also on a scale of 1-10. rate unizik as a med school. And a little reason to your evaluation wouldn't hurt

BTW, Uniport is better(easier).... Unn and Uniben had the highest number of aspirants last year, 12, 000 and 13,000 respectively, that is one hell of a competition. Uniport had only 7,100 and cut off was around 290+(jamb) for merit. I gathered that UNN cut off was between 300 - 311(jamb), but no one was sure. I wasn't interested in Uniben's but it must have been same as UNN considering the competition... #JustSaying
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
I want to take JAMB this year. I wanna use NECO which is parallel upper credit. I would have loved to use WAEC as I had distinctions but had a pass in Chemistry. I wanna read med&surgery. I need matured advice pls help a fellow aspirant. I don't wanna go to schools in the north.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Donpre:

Also on a scale of 1-10. rate unizik as a med school. And a little reason to your evaluation wouldn't hurt

BTW, Uniport is better(easier).... Unn and Uniben had the highest number of aspirants last year, 12, 000 and 13,000 respectively, that is one hell of a competition. Uniport had only 7,100 and cut off was around 290+(jamb) for merit. I gathered that UNN cut off was between 300 - 311(jamb), but no one was sure. I wasn't interested in Uniben's but it must have been same as UNN considering the competition... #JustSaying
On a scale of 1-10.. I rate unizik 5!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ajet001:

I said i wasn't admitted.
In ui last year it was o'level 50 and utme 50
A1-6points
B2-5points
B3-4points
C4-3points
C5-2points
C6-1point
Let assume you've A1's in your 5 relevant subjects that is 6*5=30/30=1*50 =50(for o'levels)
Then utme jamb score/8
Assuming you had 400, 400/8= 50
So o'level plus utme 50+50=100
Thanks partner!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
xlow:

On a scale of 1-10.. I rate unizik 5!
thanks and this....
a little reason to your evaluation wouldn't hurt
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nad95:
I want to take JAMB this year. I wanna use NECO which is parallel upper credit. I would have loved to use WAEC as I had distinctions but had a pass in Chemistry. I wanna read med&surgery. I need matured advice pls help a fellow aspirant. I don't wanna go to schools in the north.
I doubt combination of results is accepted in most medical schools.... I'd advise you stick with the Neco
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Donpre:

thanks and this....
Apart from being fast..
Unizik TH gat good facilities.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
xlow:

Apart from being fast..
Unizik TH gat good facilities.
thanks, I appreciate.. a student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
xlow:
Thanks partner!
You're welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Donpre:

Thanks for ur info....Unizik is relatively fast in terms of academic calendar ,dia teaching is kinda owk tho bt I dunno in terms of dia teaching hospital cos I haven't been dia, I wuld give dem a 6... D issue wth uniport is dat dy are very slow imagine dia freshers haven't resumed and some schools are rounding up dia first semester nd dia fees is kinda expensive for a federal school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
Donpre:

Abt d pple dat got tru jamb its rily unfortunate dat d "I knw somebody" factor played out very well..someone wth 310 didn't gt admission nd u will see lower score lyk 209,232,223 getting medicine.....according to a friend dat scored very low nd actually paid(to d registrar) to b included in d vc list, he met d registrar today nd d man said jamb haven't approved d list cos of many low scores been placed into medicine ,pharmacy etc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
GSU, UNIMAID
A.B.U Zaria, UDUSOK and I think (UNIJOS) accepts too

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Thanks for ur info....D issue wth uniport is dat dy are very slow imagine dia freshers haven't resumed and some schools are rounding up dia first semester nd dia fees is kinda expensive for a federal school.
Yea, that's uniport's bane... There is uniuyo and unical, just in case

IFEZINX1:

Abt d pple dat got tru jamb its rily unfortunate dat d "I knw somebody" factor played out very well..someone wth 310 didn't gt admission nd u will see lower score lyk 209,232,223 getting medicine
hmmm interesting.... thanks for this info.

But I'm made to believe their 2nd list got released last week or so does it mean even their merit list is compromised?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Donpre:

Yea, that's uniport's bane... There is uniuyo and unical, just in case

hmmm interesting.... thanks for this info.

But I'm made to believe their 2nd list got released last week or so does it mean even their merit list is compromised?

Dunno abt dat sha ....someone wth 249 got admission tru merit tho I hav no idea if his o-level is jst A's.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Dunno abt dat sha ....someone wth 249 got admission tru merit tho I hav no idea if his o-level is jst A's.
Alright... thanks again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 25, 2017
Hi Fam!. Someone needs help pls. Trying to get into micro biology with two sitting, but having the intentions of crossing to medicine later. Would MBBS department take such a student, since he got into school with two sittings?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 25, 2017
Victurh:
Hi Fam!. Someone needs help pls. Trying to get into micro biology with two sitting, but having the intentions of crossing to medicine later. Would MBBS department take such a student, since he got into school with two sittings?
my school university of Ibadan don't allow crossing from microbiology to medicine even if u have a cgpa of 7.0 in ur 100 level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2017
Victurh:
No, they wont
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 25, 2017
davbravo:
No, they wont

Thanks bro. sorry, hw about crossing to mls, any chances too?, with d same 2 sittings.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 25, 2017
derrick015:

my school university of Ibadan don't allow crossing from microbiology to medicine even if u have a cgpa of 7.0 in ur 100 level

alright bro, tanks for the info. Sorry to bother you again, Does the 2 sittings non allowance affects medicine alone or all departments in the whole college of Health? Is biochemistry affected likewise?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2017
Victurh:

alright bro, tanks for the info. Sorry to bother you again, Does the 2 sittings non allowance affects medicine alone or all departments in the whole college of Health? Is biochemistry affected likewise?
Yes it affects all college of med. courses inc. biochemistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
Victurh:

Thanks bro. sorry, hw about crossing to mls, any chances too?, with d same 2 sittings.
Uwc, And I don't think 2sitttings is acceptable for any professional course of the College of medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
davbravo:
Uwc, And I don't think 2sitttings is acceptable for any professional course of the College of medicine
It is accepted. It depends on the school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.