Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835939 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

Lolz, bro can't you make a fact without calling names, you're a very young lad more like a kid brother I never had.
Just for the sake of the people reading:
UNITED STATES MEDICAL LICENCING EXAMINATION has 3 steps you pass 1 before moving to the next. I told you i will pay for your Step 1, I never said it had only 1 step.
Step is the basics: Anatomy, BCM,Physiology,
Pharmacology,Laboratory medicine (Haematology,Histopath, chem path, Microbiology).
It's an 8hrs online exams divided into multiple sections. It cost 850$ currently during my time it was cheaper.
We have step 2 Clinical knowledge, where they test your ability to make diagnosis, etc. it's also written. Same price 850$
We have Step 3 Clinical skills, (possibly the most stressful and expensive stage). It can only be taken in US and only in a few states. Did my in texas. Here they test your skills on clerking a patient, performing physical exams, diagnosis, etc.
Finally, the 3 step. Would have given u a list of the past cutoff percentage during my time. But you can't even pass JAMB let alone a foreign exams.

Back to my quote, trying getting into the University 1st before talking things you know little about: Transferring to Medicine in a tertiary institution is very difficult because of the following reasons:
Most times Medical students make the best CGPA in 100lv, so they won't be anything wowing about your 4.0 to the dean of medicine as vertually most medical student get above that
2ndly, we have the quota system. Yearly thousands of people apply for medicine and the department always mostly admit fully their quota and those who fail out after 100lv are mostly replace by Direct Entry students in 200.
I could go on and on. But why argue with a mere JAMBITE. Who has no respect.

If i were you I would be level headed and study. Transfer to medicine after 200lv is almost impossible in the Nigerian system. Most of those schools you mentioned don't allow Medicine transfer. I know because I have been to one. Don't always JUMP into arguments you have lil facts about arming yourself with bedroom gist. I mess you up once, don't let me do it again.

Speaking about English, I will like you to point out my flaws beyond simple typographic errors. I will really like to learn from you bro. Lolz.

Told you earlier, don't attack/tackle the person tackle the argument, don't be quick to call names on a public forum. You never know who you chatting with. #ADVICE
Lols.. This time he took out time to put up grammer. Haha.. Kai u funny sha.. Which medical student would say he/she dosnt knw about usmle steps and how it is been run?(even if they dont knw, the search engine can give u all u need to knw) Those who have taken the steps do have IMG number. Can u tell me urs?..(if I see it i'lld knw)
About jamb.. Well I dnt claim to be smart shaa buh I can't beat my chest that in ur life u never had up to my score. Dawg.

So, for the record... I never struggled with jamb.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 8:55am On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

Lolz, bro can't you make a fact without calling names, you're a very young lad more like a kid brother I never had.
Just for the sake of the people reading:
UNITED STATES MEDICAL LICENCING EXAMINATION has 3 steps you pass 1 before moving to the next. I told you i will pay for your Step 1, I never said it had only 1 step.
Step 1 is the basics: Anatomy, BCM,Physiology, Pharmacology,Laboratory medicine (Haematology,Histopath, chem path, Microbiology).
It's an 8hrs online exams divided into multiple sections. It cost 850$ currently during my time it was cheaper.
We have step 2 Clinical knowledge, where they test your ability to make diagnosis, etc. it's also written. Same price 850$
We have Step 3 Clinical skills, (possibly the most stressful and expensive stage). It can only be taken in US and only in a few states. Did my in texas. Here they test your skills on clerking a patient, performing physical exams, diagnosis, etc.
Finally, the 3 step. Would have given u a list of the past cutoff percentage during my time. But you can't even pass JAMB let alone a foreign exams.

Back to my quote, try getting into the University 1st before talking about things you know little about: Transferring to Medicine in a tertiary institution is very difficult because of the following reasons:
Most times Medical students make the best CGPA in 100lv, so they won't be anything wowing about your 4.0 to the dean of medicine as vertually most medical student get above that
2ndly, we have the quota system. Yearly thousands of people apply for medicine and the department always mostly admit fully their quota and those who fail out after 100lv are mostly replace by Direct Entry students in 200.
I could go on and on. But why argue with a mere JAMBITE. Who has no respect.

If i were you I would be level headed and study. Transfer to medicine after 200lv is almost impossible in the Nigerian system. Most of those schools you mentioned don't allow Medicine transfer. I know because I went to one. Don't always JUMP into arguments you have lil facts about arming yourself with bedroom gist. I mess you up once, don't let me do it again.

Speaking about English, I would really like you to point out my flaws beyond simple typographic errors. I would really love to learn from you bro. Lolz.

Told you earlier, don't attack/tackle the person tackle the argument, don't be quick to call names on a public forum. You never know who you chatting with. #ADVICE

Some schools allow cross over from some departments to medicine eg my school Unizik u can change to medicine wth a very high gp....I heard UI allows d best 10 from BMS to medicine bt I dnt knw abt dat....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 09, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Some schools allow cross over from some departments to medicine eg my school Unizik u can change to medicine wth a very high gp....I heard UI allows d best 10 from BMS to medicine bt I dnt knw abt dat....
Thank u sir..
This has being the base of the argument.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2017
xlow:

Lols.. This time he took out time to put up grammer. Haha.. Kai u funny sha.. Which medical students dosnt knw about usmle steps and how it is been run? Those who have taken the steps do have IMG number. Can u tell me urs?..
About jamb.. Well I dnt claim to be smart shaa buh I can't beat my chest that in ur life u never had up to my score. Dawg.

How old are you 16?? Can't you argue logically without calling names??
Whatever your JAMB Score is or was as far as it didn't get you your dream course you would keep writing again and again, or settle for something less. Cutoff mark is set due to students performance that year, so comparing JAMB Scores with someone who wrote years back won't do you any good.
FYI, I had 303 in my time.
Stop bragging about every little thing you have and be humble and strive for greatness, people have been there and done better and they don't rub it on others faces. Next time u say any insultive words I won't answer you again.
I made a very constructive argument and u were quick to go bring your JAMB Result. Lolz how childish.

There's no such thing as International Medical Graduate Number(IMG as you claim)
As for the USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number. bro I have nothing to prove to you, I have been there done that. I would have but I know you, you would go around splashing it all over the internet. But if you insist send me an apology and email me and I would send it to u

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 9:17am On Feb 09, 2017
IFEZINX1:

No bro you don't cross over in Unizik, As for UI you heard, you are yet to confirm.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Guy, you quoted the wrong person. Recheck your post with tha screenshots
Lol, Me mah, I fear oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

How old are you 16?? Can't you argue logically without calling names??
Whatever your JAMB Score is or was as far as it didn't get you your dream course you would keep writing again and again, or settle for something less. Cutoff mark is set due to students performance that year, so comparing JAMB Scores with someone who wrote years back won't do you any good.
FYI, I had 303 in my time.
Stop bragging about every little thing you have and be humble and strive for greatness, people have been there and done better and they don't rub it on others faces. Next time u say any insultive words I won't answer you again.
I made a very constructive argument and u were quick to go bring your JAMB Result. Lolz how childish.

There's no such thing as International Medical Graduate Number(IMG as you claim)
As for the USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number. bro I have nothing to prove to you, I have been there done that. I would have but I know you, you would go around splashing it all over the internet. But if you insist send me an apology and email me and I would send it to u
We all argue and it all ends here... Dnt just talk or type should I say.. Show proof..
Age dosnt count in cases like this. Dnt lie beeko!.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 10:31am On Feb 09, 2017
xlow:

We all argue and it all ends here... Dnt just talk or type should I say.. Show proof..
Age dosnt count in cases like this. Dnt lie beeko!.

I have told u what to do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

I have told u what to do
Hahaha.. Oogway oogway the chairman.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 10:56am On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

No bro you don't cross over in Unizik, As for UI you heard, you are yet to confirm.

U said u didn't school in Unizik nd I am telling u as an undergraduate in unizik dat u can cross over...U are free to blive or not or u can make enquiries...abt d one of UI ,I dnt school dia nd lyk I said I heard ..thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ximenez(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2017
IFEZINX1:

U said u didn't school in Unizik nd I am telling u as an undergraduate in unizik dat u can cross over...U are free to blive or not or u can make enquiries...abt d one of UI ,I dnt school dia nd lyk I said I heard ..thanks
These rules of crossing or no crossing are made by humans and can as well be changed by them, depending on how powerful or influential your back up is.

Now let me tell you of the two schools I'm quite sure about. In Unilorin, it's their tradition that the best ten students in physiology and anatomy will be allowed to cross over to medicine in 200 level.

Now the second school which is even more interesting happens to be my school, here you don't even have to have perfect CGPA, just know the right people and then you can cross to medicine from any department in Biological sciences. Now the one that happened of recent which really shook us was that of a Lady that was admitted into Dentistry, but they helped her to change from Dentistry to Medicine before matriculation day, why this particular case picked our interest was that over the years, what we've been told and believed in is that you can't cross from one department to another within the college, talkless of crossing from one faculty to another in the college.

Some schools might not allow it, but surely there are some that permits it. Afterall human beings make their own rules and break their own rules.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2017
Ximenez:
This rule of crossing or no crossing are made by humans and can as well be changed by them, depending on how powerful or influential your back up is.

Now let me tell you of the two schools I'm quite sure about. In Unilorin, it's their tradition that the best ten students in physiology and anatomy will be allowed to cross over to medicine in 200 level.

Now the second school which is even more interesting happens to be my school, here you don't even have to have perfect CGPA, just know the right people and then you can cross to medicine from any department in Biological sciences. Now the one that happened of recent which really shook us was that of a Lady that was admitted into Dentistry, but they helped her to change from Dentistry to Medicine before matriculation day, why this particular case picked our interest was that over the years, what we've been told and believed in is that you can't cross from one department to another within the college, talkless of crossing from one faculty to another in the college.

Some schools might not allow it, but surely there are some that permits it. Afterall human beings make their own rules and break their own rules.

Exactly..thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Well... that escalated pretty fast

#WatchingInHD

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia12: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
dearpiriye:
No university has a quota of 200. The highest is 180 and that's UI
IFEZINX1
Sorry it isn't clear. And it seems I can't upload the clearer version. It's 150
it has not been uploaded online
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

I have told u what to do
DrOogway, can I send you a pm? Gracias
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
DrAuthentic:

DrOogway, can I send you a pm? Gracias

I'm new here, don't know how it works. But please teach me and do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

I'm new here, don't know how it works. But please teach me and do
Dr, I will rather we chat on whatsapp platform. I don't fully understand how sending pm works here too. Just on career. Thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
DrAuthentic:

Dr, I will rather we chat on whatsapp platform. I don't fully understand how sending pm works here too. Just on career. Thanks in advance

How do we do the number exchange? Give me urs let me add u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
Oogway:

How do we do the number exchange? Give me urs let me add u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
IFEZINX1:

that should be university of ilorin not UI

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2017
okolocassia12:
it has not been uploaded online
google it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
DrAuthentic:

Dr authentic.. I suppose u re a med student too... After una dan chat for whatsapp, if oogway no show u pure proof say him dan write him 2nd USMLE step (clinical skill) for Texas.. I take God beg u, help me slap am!!! in#Falzvoice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DokitaDave(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
xlow:

Dr authentic.. I suppose u re a med student too... After una dan chat for whatsapp, if oogway no show u pure proof say him dan write him 2nd USMLE step (clinical skill) for Texas.. I take God beg u, help me slap am!!! in#Falzvoice.
Kids everywhere on Nairaland these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
DokitaDave:
Kids everywhere on Nairaland these days.
Yeah.. We are tired of oldBones.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
Wats up here na, why the fight please oh lets bury the beef... In other news please who has mcqs on body fluid... Plus who understands dysbarisons disease? Cheers

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
Also please i am not understanding, what is the effect of fatigue on respiration..? Post exercise
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Millex:
Wats up here na, why the fight please oh lets bury the beef... In other news please who has mcqs on body fluid... Plus who understands dysbarisons disease? Cheers
You can download mcqs online. I will advice you read your slides and text over n over.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Shekstatari:
Lol, Me mah, I fear oo
cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 7:15am On Feb 10, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
cheesy
that moment wen the flame is abt to enter ya side grin is well sha...u guys should chill abeg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Couver(m): 9:34am On Feb 10, 2017
IFEZINX1:

This is not true .In UI, you can only cross to medicine from physiology, Biochemistry, or Human Nutrition
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Couver:

This is not true .In UI, you can only cross to medicine from physiology, Biochemistry, or Human Nutrition
I'm sure he meant university of ilorin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.