Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836297 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GreatHorizon: 10:56am On Jun 08, 2017
We help nurses seeking for BSN upgrade from Nigerian RN in Philippines schools at a very affordable rates, the duration is just 18months.

After your BSN over there, you can decide to register and sit for Enclex exams if you wish to work in Canada or the USA. You can also register and take HAAD exams if you wish to work in Dubai or UAE. You can also decide to come back here for your NYSC and then work here cus the degree is very acceptable here.

Other courses available :

1. Medicine
2. Pharmacy
3. Med Lab Sci
4. Physiotherapy
5. Radiography

Etc

Admission is currently on for August batch and the process is very simple and straightforward. We have our partners there that would process everything then send your admission letter, which you would use with your credentials to process your VISA

You can give us a call/WhatsApp 08094566790
we are based in Gbagada Lagos

Also check our Facebook page @GreatHorizonEduConsult

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 09, 2017
My jamb score is 262. I have A1 in maths physics and biology and B2 in English and chemistry. I am from Benue state. I will like to know my possibility of gaining admission to study Medicine in UI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2017
shegestiga:
hello Dr. Lomaxx......i just gained admission to study mbbs bt with d way pple badmouthed d course dat its only 4 extraordinary brilliant pple i began to doubt my abilities.......plz cn an average student like me eva b successful in medical schl....m kinda nervous
shocked grin Sege, na you make this one? grin grin grin can you believe that this fowl has been spanking bich consistently cc:segunflames

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
azora:
My jamb score is 262. I have A1 in maths physics and biology and B2 in English and chemistry. I am from Benue state. I will like to know my possibility of gaining admission to study Medicine in UI

Congrats. UI may not work for u. If ur state school has medicine accredited, choose it ASAP, don't forget to thank me later.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gregdcutie(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
Announcement and call for Papers

This is to inform all medical students across Nigeria, that you are invited to submit your abstracts to participate in the 4th annual Scientific Conference organized by the Association of Medical Students, University of Lagos. Details in the poster below

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by abasadorofgrace(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
GOOD DAY MEDICS ,PLS CAN A NIGERIA MEDICAL STUDENT USE THE USMLE STEP 1?? AND IN WHAT LEVEL CAN HE /SHE USE IT
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zico5(m): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
azora:
Pls don't mind the joy killer that said u should look for other school. With ur waec results u get a better chance. Ur aggregate according to UI calculation is 79.6. So u get a chance in UI. God bless
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 10, 2017
Thanks Zico5. Actually that was my GCE result. I hope to do better in my WAEC awaiting result IJN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 10, 2017
I do not agree with you. I am not applying to State University. If you care to know UI is a Federal University [quote author=sgtponzihater post=573486

Congrats. UI may not work for u. If ur state school has medicine accredited, choose it ASAP, don't forget to thank me later.[/quote]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2017
shankara7:
My sis scored 284 in Jamb going for dentistry with awaiting result. what is her chances of getting admitted into UNN?

She stands a chance,,,,,
Her o-level counts too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Vomiting and Diarrhea leads to salt and Water loss: Discuss the hormonal Mechanisms involved in the restoration of these Parameters

On a Hot day, The Body Produces small concentrated Urine, While on a cold day, it produces Large Dilute Urine. Discuss the Mechanism involved to achieve this....

Some of the UNN 2mbbs questions for Dental and medical students,,,,,,,,,, Unn
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Wizydom144:
Vomiting and Diarrhea leads to salt and Water loss: Discuss the hormonal Mechanisms involved in the restoration of these Parameters
The release of ADH from the pituitary and Aldosterone from the adrenal would facilitate reabsorption of water and sodium from the kidney, which would help balance lost water and salt.

On a Hot day, The Body Produces small concentrated Urine, While on a cold day, it produces Large Dilute Urine. Discuss the Mechanism involved to achieve this....

On a Hot day:
The skin releases sweat as a mechanism to reduce the external body temperature. This would result in a decrease in the body's osmotic pressure. To counteract this, ADH is releases from the pituitary gland to facilitate water reabsorption in the kidney, hence resulting in a small concentrated Urine.

On a cold day:
The blood has a high osmotic pressure. The kidney hence removes as much water as it can until the osmotic pressure is balanced. ADH isn't released, so no reabsorption takes place, thereby leading to a large diluted urine

#O'Level knowledge but I think I came close

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Donpre:

The release of ADH from the pituitary and Aldosterone from the adrenal would facilitate reabsorption of water and sodium from the kidney, which would help balance lost water and salt.

On a Hot day:
The skin releases sweat as a mechanism to reduce the external body temperature. This would result in a decrease in the body's osmotic pressure. To counteract this, ADH is releases from the pituitary gland to facilitate water reabsorption in the kidney, hence resulting in a small concentrated Urine.

On a cold day:
The blood has a high osmotic pressure. The kidney hence removes as much water as it can until the osmotic pressure is balanced. ADH isn't released, so no reabsorption takes place, thereby leading to a large diluted urine

#O'Level knowledge but I think I came close

U tried but I expected much more than the peripheral knowledge u just put up...
Nice attempt though
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kaycee2016: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Wizydom144:

pls is dis biochemistry or physiology?
am just an aspirant though
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Wizydom144:

This questions for 2nd mb? ? Are you kidding me?
It's rather too straight forward for an MBBS exams, sounds more like an end of course assessment to me.

First is just talking about the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-ADH system.
2nd question wants you to talk about the counter-current mechanisms.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Don't underestimate those quez, these same quez sent most people out of the college bc they assumed It to be sounding more like an end of course assessment,
Here In my school, they expect you t0 write all that you know.... I mean all, including certain basic Anatomical physi0 terms

like in the 1st quez, u needed not to say just the renal aspect of the answer, the GIT hormonal remediation is required t00....
like the role of secretin and CCk, and partially m0tilin...giving detailed answers 0n how each 0f the hormones will affect the restoration of these Parameters as listed above...

S0 its not all about saying what u know in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-ADH system that will fetch you all the marks... U say all u know without deviating from the context of the question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by herbert7: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
if your interested to study in philippines, kindly contact me via +639755851558, wattsapp +639064799790
email herbertmols@yahoo.com.
philippines is a south east asia continent that borders malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, brunei and Thailand .
good people,friendly and welcoming.
English is the medium of Instruction in all skols.no need of langauge course.direct admission.

admission is on for August 2017 intake.

masters,undergraduate and doctoral levels in any
gr8 opportunities for 3rd class Students To Take up Master program

course of your choice.
affordable tuition fees.
tuition less than 1200usd per year

accredited and recognised globally.
easy visa processing/guaranteed.

regard.
Albert.
(
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Also one needs to talk about CONTRACTION ALKALOSIS since HCL is lost and alkaline tide Persists and the role of angiotensin II on Na/H exchanger of PCT.role of aldosterone on DCT via epithelia sodium channel ENaC,activation of Na/K pump etc
Sweating is about HYPOTONIC WATER loss..
The two questions are actually long essay tyPe

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wizydom144:
Don't underestimate those quez, these same quez sent most people out of the college bc they assumed It to be sounding more like an end of course assessment,
Here In my school, they expect you t0 write all that you know.... I mean all, including certain basic Anatomical physi0 terms

like in the 1st quez, u needed not to say just the renal aspect of the answer, the GIT hormonal remediation is required t00....
like the role of secretin and CCk, and partially m0tilin...giving detailed answers 0n how each 0f the hormones will affect the restoration of these Parameters as listed above...

S0 its not all about saying what u know in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-ADH system that will fetch you all the marks... U say all u know without deviating from the context of the question
interesting how you want to make us beleive those questions are standard 2nd MBBS questions. Maybe you should check what's obtainable in other schools.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
azora:
I do not agree with you. I am not applying to State University. If you care to know UI is a Federal University

Guy, very few months from now u will remember that Sgt Ponzi Hater, the Apostle of truth, light and innovation adviced you. Nobody care where u got ur medical degree, as long as they are fully accredited and u get a licence from MDCN at the end of the day. You don't have things going in ur favour if u choose UI, u are neighter an indigene nor do u have a fantastic score. UI will not give u medicine, even though I wish they did, your state University will surely dash u medicine with that ur score. My message is simple, heed it and prosper. And if u go on with UI have the pride to return to this house to state the outcome.

Sgt Ponzi Hater.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Peterside9: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
Applying for medicine jamb score 283 1A and 4Bs what are my chances in UNICAL or UNIPORT?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Guy, very few months from now u will remember that Sgt Ponzi Hater, the Apostle of truth, light and innovation adviced you. Nobody care where u got ur medical degree, as long as they are fully accredited and u get a licence from MDCN at the end of the day. You don't have things going in ur favour if u choose UI, u are neighter an indigene nor do u have a fantastic score. UI will not give u medicine, even though I wish they did, your state University will surely dash u medicine with that ur score. My message is simple, heed it and prosper. And if u go on with UI have the pride to return to this house to state the outcome.

Sgt Ponzi Hater.
what are u saying bayii What if he gets admitted ,pple just talk anyhow ,how will u give advice to someone authoritatively ..I salute my ogas in the house jare .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
charleymed:

interesting how you want to make us beleive those questions are standard 2nd MBBS questions. Maybe you should check what's obtainable in other schools.
Chief I don't think the questions are substanderd.RAAS is a MUST KNOW and its commonly asked across all med school even here in the Prestigious UI.What will seperate those that passed will be the intrisinc details and organization of essay.Or maybe you should Paste a TYPICAL mb tyPe question from your tough med sch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Peterside9:
Applying for medicine jamb score 283 1A and 4Bs what are my chances in UNICAL or UNIPORT?

Unical's chances are high, Uniport higher, enjoy your new course. Years ago I scored 255 and wasn't given medicine in either Unilag or Unical, I wept like a baby, today however I have seen that not studying medicine is not the end of the world. One love
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
GdexFolami:
what are u saying bayii What if he gets admitted ,pple just talk anyhow ,how will u give advice to someone authoritatively ..I salute my ogas in the house jare .

It's authoritative, yes, but it's also the truth. I wasted 255 years ago and as a loving person that I am , I will never allow my fellow brother make a wrong choice, except he decides to do so. If he chooses his state school, he must be admitted, but if he chooses UI chances are high that he won't get admitted, so which option should a wise person go for. Medicine is not about the school anymore, it's about how much stuff u are made up of.

Cheers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
charleymed:

Perhaps you should post some questions from your school's 2nd MBBS exam, let's see what "standard" is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Peterside9:
Unical... Very good . Uniport? 50/50

With that score and O'level, try calculating your points using UI, OAU or unilag's point system. I think you'd pass last year's cut off of any of those three.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Peterside9: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Donpre:

Unical... Very good . Uniport? 50/50

With that score and O'level, try calculating your points using UI, OAU or unilag's point system. I think you'd pass last year's cut off of any of those three.
So UNICAL is more likely to offer me admissions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
Peterside9:
So UNICAL is more likely to offer me admissions
More like you're sitting on the first list
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tiamiyu996(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wizydom144:

Why do you want to cross?
I preferred medicine to dentistry but I had taken some advice and enlightment abt dentistry I may not change again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
bitex2:

Chief I don't think the questions are substanderd.RAAS is a MUST KNOW and its commonly asked across all med school even here in the Prestigious UI.What will seperate those that passed will be the intrisinc details and organization of essay.Or maybe you should Paste a TYPICAL mb tyPe question from your tough med sch

Thank you my Bro for viewing it from the right angle.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizydom144(m): 8:09am On Jun 11, 2017
vincent561:
Perhaps you should post some questions from your school's 2nd MBBS exam, let's see what "standard" is.

Hehehew
Thanks Br0, I am also waiting for him to give us what is obtainable in his highly standard school

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.