Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834606 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adamsanchez: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mickael2:

Aiit boss, first of all last year Unizik did not use WAEC grades for admission last year, if you truly got 282 you were admitted into medicine and not Anatomy. By the way do you mind giving me your reg number for last year's Jamb? I am concerned here because I was part of the admission monitoring team for Unizik, Health Sciences/Pharm/Med/Basic medical sciences to be precise and I can tell you that 280 in fact with C parallel got Medicine merit list last year and 257 with C parallel that applied for Medicine got Medical rehabilitation instead and not Anat, there is something you are not saying bro.

I do not however doubt the fact that you may be in Psp, though I could have asked you your name so I can come and find you but I only came to the exam you wrote today, I'm not sure I will be coming again
..pls bro..a person with 267 utme score..do u yhink he stand a chance 2 gt mbbs @ unizik?..he z frm benue state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mickael2:

Aiit boss, first of all last year Unizik did not use WAEC grades for admission last year, if you truly got 282 you were admitted into medicine and not Anatomy. By the way do you mind giving me your reg number for last year's Jamb? I am concerned here because I was part of the admission monitoring team for Unizik, Health Sciences/Pharm/Med/Basic medical sciences to be precise and I can tell you that 280 in fact with C parallel got Medicine merit list last year and 257 with C parallel that applied for Medicine got Medical rehabilitation instead and not Anat, there is something you are not saying bro.

I do not however doubt the fact that you may be in Psp, though I could have asked you your name so I can come and find you but I only came to the exam you wrote today, I'm not sure I will be coming again
Who be this one AgAin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mickael2(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
adamsanchez:
..pls bro..a person with 267 utme score..do u yhink he stand a chance 2 gt mbbs @ unizik?..he z frm benue state

well it is not possible to say right now but 267 should be getting either medicine or another course last year. Statistics show that this year people performed a lot better so that may change. However we hardly get up to 50 candidates from Benue so I think it may just work out. Jamb is going to send names of candidates with their score immediately the change of course is over so I will be in a better position to answer then
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
ISISs:
Who be this one AgAin
calm down bro.. i wish u chat him up privately . u might b with right nigga... ur hunger/determination for med #respect
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by whales2020(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
nice one here.... well,am a part 3 MBBS student of OAU... feel free to drop any questions or request concerning OAU MEDICINE.....

and to our aspirants, freshmen to be.. I say congratulations in advance,

Dr. whales

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mickael2:

Hmmmm monitoring team abi? Oya explain y 310 with parallel C's didn't gt medicine nd Y the admission status for the first set of psp students dat got medicine was changed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hellohgy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
whales2020:
nice one here.... well,am a part 3 MBBS student of OAU... feel free to drop any questions or request concerning OAU MEDICINE.....

and to our aspirants, freshmen to be.. I say congratulations in advance,

Dr. whales

Hi sir...

I want to ask which textbook do oau medicine student uses for there 200 level for anatomy physio and biochemistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
Drguzzykola:

calm down bro..
i wish u chat him up privately . u might b with right nigga...
ur hunger/determination for med #respect
Good day boss....

I would love if you'd tell me what courses are taken in 100lvl at uniport and which anatomy textbook is recommended

Thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
Donpre:

Good day boss....

I would love if you'd tell me what courses are taken in 100lvl at uniport and which anatomy textbook is recommended

Thanks!
100L----
1st semester
phy chem bio ,Ges( comm skills in Eng, logic/phylosophy, and AEB/zoology..

2nd sem.
. phy , 2(chem) GES( Nig. culture & comp appre) and AEB

sch recommended last anat & k.moore

but i recommed

last anat & charausia , do spy Kmoore for reference somtimes...)

the thing is i read charausia at first then use last anatomy as summary..

finally use upper and below diapgram txtbk close to exam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Drguzzykola:

100L----
1st semester

2nd sem.

but i recommed

Thanks a lot for the reply, have a good evening sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello fellow MBBS students. There are current ongoing medical international scholarships for Students.
One of such is Blue Waffles Clinical Scholarship 2017.
If you are on a G.P of 3.5, you can apply.
Deadline is October 25,2017.

Blue Waffles Clinical Scholarship 2017 Application Form/Step to apply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Theyoungmaster(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello medics. My first comment here.

Please Will jamb score of 271, waec grades of A(math) , B(biology) , B(English) , C(chemistry) , C(physics) all in one sitting be enough to clinch medsurg in unical?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Theyoungmaster:
Hello medics. My first comment here.

Please Will jamb score of 271, waec grades of A(math) , B(biology) , B(English) , C(chemistry) , C(physics) all in one sitting be enough to clinch medsurg in unical?.
First of all, know the aspirants for Med Surf, the capacity. Check stats and you will answer for yourself.
But i would say 'yes'
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Drguzzykola:

100L----
1st semester

2nd sem.

but i recommed

Last anatomy as summary??
Are you kidding me??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 7:12am On Jul 26, 2017
charleymed:
Last anatomy as summary?? Are you kidding me??
i dont start with last..who am i.. haha i mean after overhauling maself with BD charausia.. last anat become soft..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mickael2(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2017
IFEZINX1:

Hmmmm monitoring team abi? Oya explain y 310 with parallel C's didn't gt medicine nd Y the admission status for the first set of psp students dat got medicine was changed

point of information, nobody with 310 was not admitted, to prove it please provide the person's Jamb reg number.

Psp students were admitted via psp in the first list but when the second list came out Jamb admitted most of them into lower courses, I know of someone who was changed from Medicine to Med Rehab, someone else was changed from Med Rehab to MCB. When you are about to write your psp exams, you will be told that if Jamb admits you, no matter the course, psp admission will become secondary no matter your psp score. Lets say you had 362 in psp but you had 230 in Jamb and applied for Anatomy, if Jamb admits you, your 362 is gone

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2017
Drguzzykola:

i dont start with last..who am i.. haha
i mean after overhauling maself with BD charausia..
last anat become soft..

Lol.
I used only last anatomy and at times i used Richard Snell for the clinical stuffs (those boxes).
The lesson I learnt is this, in Med school, you don't actually need too many books... Just make very good use of the one you have. Last was my best friend when people were busy carrying massive books like Keith Moore et al, about.
I read last to the point that I lost count, I am talking about over 35 times. And most of the time, I didn't use atlast and it helped solidified my imaginative abilities. See, at that point... I knew that anatomy was in my blood, and I was not scared of anything, not even getting a distinction. Immediately I finished my anatomy exams, i knew that a distinction was imminent, and I didn't shake a bit.

The lesson is this. You can achieve anything when you commit yourself thoroughly to what you do.
My regret is that, my love for anatomy distracted me from giving much attention to other courses, but at the end. I was happy.

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2017
MBBS Students, this thread is very important for us!!!
Here comes another Medical Scholarship opportunity in King’s College London, United Kingdom.
King’s College London is offering a $9,000 Undergraduate Medical Scholarship to students entering for the 2018/2019 academic session. Applications must be submitted before deadline and eligibility criteria must be met as listed.

Application Deadline: 15th January 2018

Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International

To Be Taken At (Country): UK

Type: Undergraduate

Application Form: King’s College London Undergraduate Medical Scholarship 2018

Cease this great opportunity here....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2017
charleymed:
Lol.
I used only last anatomy and at times i used Richard Snell for the clinical stuffs (those boxes).
The lesson I learnt is this, in Med school, you don't actually need too many books... Just make very good use of the one you have. Last was my best friend when people were busy carrying massive books like Keith Moore et al, about.
I read last to the point that I lost count, I am talking about over 35 times. And most of the time, I didn't use atlast and it helped solidified my imaginative abilities. See, at that point... I knew that anatomy was in my blood, and I was not scared of anything, not even getting a distinction. Immediately I finished my anatomy exams, i knew that a distinction was imminent, and I didn't shake a bit.

The lesson is this. You can achieve anything when you commit yourself thoroughly to what you do.
My regret is that, my love for anatomy distracted me from giving much attention to other courses, but at the end. I was happy.
.35 times.. jesu

lol... ure right boss..sticking to one is cool, but my combo help me understand better with ease and b a good stuff mover..
just like wen i read liver with charausia, went to last , i flow well with some added point..

If u read surface markings of liver with last anat alone , it isnt enough, u might b surprise wen i tell u tinz last didnt mention as i merge it with charausia surface markings , it makes my friends whu read last alone become dump while we do d oral talk of anatomy.

i like ur talk on reading without atlas after a while..it works well in exam@using ur imagination of atlas smtimes

lol sometimes anatomy will be pushing u as if its the only course in Basic med science till close to exam wen u realise BCH wont forgive u..

Balancing in all course is the key though..

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2017
drajjay:
I can't really tell .to be frank I don't know the strategy for admissions since they proscribed post ume.But personally I think the jamb score is quite low for medicine.
snr colleague... weldone ma..how's path & pharm

my frnd with 280 couldnt get Mbbs last year with B& C in waec.
was surprise wat this new age mode of admission is looking like...hmm

Uniport Basic program just relaease there form for 2017/2018
if any wana register..
i discov doing d Basic/predegree programm is cool..that if u can stand firm to be top 40 amidst 1000 Mbbs aspirant @ after d study program.
its a good way to go too.. coming from straight jamb sucks this days..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
Drguzzykola:

snr colleague... weldone ma..how's path & pharm

my frnd with 280 couldnt get Mbbs last year with B& C in waec.
was surprise wat this new age mode of admission is looking like...hmm

Uniport Basic program just relaease there form for 2017/2018
if any wana register..
i discov doing d Basic/predegree programm is cool..that if u can stand firm to be top 40 amidst 1000 Mbbs aspirant @ after d study program.
its a good way to go too.. coming from straight jamb sucks this days..
Well done boss for your infos so far.. pls which school did your friend with 280 apply for last year and wasn't given admission? your quick response would highly be appreciated boss
all the best....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by absool(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
harrychuksx:

Well done boss for your infos so far.. pls which school did your friend with 280 apply for last year and wasn't given admission? your quick response would highly be appreciated boss
all the best....
uniport bro...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
harrychuksx:

all the best....
uniport bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Drguzzykola:

uniport bro
it well bro.. that's why one has to know the modalities that schools use in admission before diving into them..... that score and his waec grade could have given him admission on merit list in another school... bro seems uniport uses combination of ya jamb and o'level?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
So no ABU student here You people should help me biko.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Midgut(m): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
please colleagues, I need someone to help with the link to download martin crooke chemical pathology.
Thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
harrychuksx:

it well bro.. that's why one has to know the modalities that schools use in admission before diving into them..... that score and his waec grade could have given him admission on merit list in another school... bro seems uniport uses combination of ya jamb and o'level?
cant just say.. dey never aired out there mode..

maybe a thorough survey of those admitted will give an insight.... but with A&B @waec and 300 in jamb cant b denied na..haaa ..we go carry den go court jor

beside uniport quota has been increased from 100 to 130...
.saw that on mdcn web also confirmed from current yr1 guys..

issue of combine waec... i ll confim from a friend and update asap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBukar(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello MBBS/BDS aspirants & students naira landers. I am an indigene of Borno state & applied for MBBS in UNIMAID. With God's Grace, I scored 264 in my jamb.with the recent release of waec, I made three B3s in maths bio & chem. with a C5 in Eng. But chei.... physics! it's D7. Even though my parents have consoled me to exercise patience and wait for NECO result, my mind is not at ease. pls what's are advises?. And unfortunately, some wicked colleagues were rejoicing that I am bound to miss MBBS.

Hello MBBS/BDS aspirants & students naira landers. I am an indigene of Borno state & applied for MBBS in UNIMAID. With God's Grace, I scored 264 in my jamb.with the recent release of waec, I made three B3s in maths bio & chem. with a C5 in Eng. But chei.... physics! it's D7. Even though my parents have consoled me to exercise patience and wait for NECO result, my mind is not at ease. pls what's are advises?. And unfortunately, some wicked colleagues were rejoicing that I am bound to miss MBBS.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
DBukar:

I don't think there is anything else you can do but pray the neco results are released earlier and that you made it.

264 for unimaid tho?... Hmmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.