Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1865363 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:40am On Jun 01, 2013
happy new month folks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ImmaOla: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
alutacontinua:

Nairaland is what keeps me sane after Pharmacology finishes dealing with me in the day. I must tell you, that course is driving me nutz. Dr. Lagusta, how did you read it? Had an impromptu quiz today and i'm sure I can't have up to 3/10. embarassed lipsrsealed undecided angry sad cry grin

U guys shouldn't scare us o cos am getting scared angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
grin grin
ImmaOla:

dont get scared it might be a piece of cake for youuu
ImmaOla:

ImmaOla:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2013
Obinna sweetie, got ur pm but unfortunately I don't reply PMs again these days. So, is it something we can discuss here in public or we need to get somewhere private? wink

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2013
alutacontinua: Obinna sweetie, got ur pm but unfortunately I don't reply PMs again these days. So, is it something we can discuss here in public or we need to get somewhere private? wink
oow! How sweet of you to reply, actually am a contestant in the Mr NL competition and I need your vote and support, pls can I count on you sweety?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrJulian: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2013
gud mawin fellaz.......................i just finishd frm skool of nursing can i do DE in 2 mbbs or itz only nursin i can do DE in 2?rply asap!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Obinnau: oow! How sweet of you to reply, actually am a contestant in the Mr NL competition and I need your vote and support, pls can I count on you sweety?

I can sure vote for you but I don't really like to get caught up in all the campaigning and all of that stuff. I would have loved to campaign for you but I can't. I can campaign for you on this thread, though. wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atesunate15(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
alutacontinua:

I don't think either UI or OAU wld accept 2nd choice. Look critically into their admission processes and see which one favours you more. Put that for 1st choice and put a state university e.g LASU for 2nd choice. My opinion.

d@ is 1 tin UI wont do UI gave oppotunity (equally) to 1st and 2nd choice, provided u met the cut off
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atesunate15(m): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
Tolu k: me i tink u can choose UI. i got in last year wit 250 and i heard dis year's jamb was worse dan last year's so i tink u got a high chance. bt b4 u make any decision tink and pray well o.and don't choose 1 skul 4 both 1st and 2nd choice.
Dr. Tolu am also UI aspirant of Medcine, had 270 in jamb, r u on 2go of fb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atesunate15(m): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afeisume: dr. Tolu aw cn i contact u 4 info on u.i
Dr. Emma. am i rit?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atesunate15(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
ese79: ya, d results of d cbt is relatively higher dan ppt bt d numba of ppt candidate is lyk 20 times greata dan d cbt cand. and out of d 75k + dat sit 4 d cbt, lyk 50% scored below 240 so dat means its only lyk 20k candidates scored abov 240. Divide dat 20k by d number of unis in 9ja and u wil find out dat its just lyk 10 mbbs cbt aspirant have a higher scor dan u. Sumarily, am sayin d cbt candidates ar almost insignificant due to their relatively very low numbers. So u stil av hope k. U 240+ is fair
av seen 256,263,270,284,250,252 those are onez i knw ooooo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
alutacontinua:

I can sure vote for you but I don't really like to get caught up in all the campaigning and all of that stuff. I would have loved to campaign for you but I can't. I can campaign for you on this thread, though. wink
thank youu! Am ok with that!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fellow medicos, oga Lagusbaba, I hail al of you, pls I need ur help in securing the Mr NL, pls vote for me during the voting period, pls help a brother in need. Thanks one love!
Team Obinnau!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by practicalclass: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice forum. bringing health care trainees together.
Hi, am a medico in uch.
Pls anybody with info on LASUTH housemanship processing. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 7:50am On Jun 04, 2013
atesunate15 u can reach me on fb wit www.facebook.com/tolu4christ
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sammytobby18: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
Doctors * What do you think can cause body itching expecially after bath ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 12:52am On Jun 09, 2013
Longest time medicos, battling with pharmacodynamics o'er here, na medicine i come read o...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2013
sammytobby18: Doctors * What do you think can cause body itching expecially after bath ?

What is the state of the bathroom? The water? The towel you use to dry up?

I had a personal experience of this some years back and I adopted some measures to help myself.
Use a very clean bathroom.
Avoid antiseptic soaps.
Your towel must be superclean too. wash it more often.
And very importantly, dont delay dressing up after you bath
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sammytobby18: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
lomaxx:

What is the state of the bathroom? The water? The towel you use to dry up?

I had a personal experience of this some years back and I adopted some measures to help myself.
Use a very clean bathroom.
Avoid antiseptic soaps.
Your towel must be superclean too. wash it more often.
And very importantly, dont delay dressing up after you bath
thanks, you mean antiseptic like Dettol ? Pls which soap do you think will be o.k.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
sammytobby18: thanks, you mean antiseptic like Dettol ? Pls which soap do you think will be o.k.

I observed my itching got severe with dettol, medisoft, and all em medicated ish. It was less severe with lux and maxi peel. I sticked with maxi peel.
I noticed it also got serious when I moved offcampus and had to share this bathroom with other tenants. The bathroom wasnt maintained w.r.t cleanliness. I moved out in 6 months. My new place has a well tiled bathroom which is always clean. I havent had any itching since.
My mum is a nurse. When I complained to her, she advised me to clean up immediately after bathing and use a moisturising cream. Ive talked to doctors. changed soaps, creams, towels. It didnt totally eliminate the itching. clean bathroom, clean towel and nonmedicated soap did it. I also make sure my room is clean and arranged when I'm coming from the bathroom. Any untidiness, an itch will suffice. It's more psychological than medical.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingodeya: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
Noble medical proffesioners.can any1 help me with the common names of leucine?i have combed round every drug store but cudnt find any.i shud tink these 'phamacist' dnt have an indepth knowlegde of it. Thank u.....am a body builder/nursing studnt level 100 based in Ghana.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizemmanuel(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pls is there any website where i can download anatomy and physiology textbooks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Wiz emmanuel: Pls is there any website where i can download anatomy and physiology textbooks
www.4shared.com

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by practicalclass: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
practicalclass: Nice forum. bringing health care trainees together.
Hi, am a medico in uch.
Pls anybody with info on LASUTH housemanship processing. Thanks.

pls anybody with info should respond.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyestephen(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
sammytobby18: Doctors * What do you think can cause body itching expecially after bath ?
firstly, it could be the water. The pipes bringing the water down may need to be cleaned. It could also be a reaction between the soap and your body....however i have some reasons to believe it could be genetic
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyr(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
hello medics,i greet una o. CHS Delsu...we 2 much

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kemzyAjaks(f): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dr Julian: gud mawin fellaz.......................i just finishd frm skool of nursing can i do DE in 2 mbbs or itz only nursin i can do DE in 2?rply asap!
i've got dis very quest. On ma mynd too....any1 who can hlp 'bout dis pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cathy911(f): 1:18am On Jun 15, 2013
Pls, can i get info on kwara poly SLT pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xtranoble: 5:19am On Jun 15, 2013
uniuyo pharmacy 400l xtranoble@m.Facebook.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hi house!,am new here,and am reali loving what u guys are doing...am an aspirant of unilag,want 2 study medicine and surg,but owing 2 my low jamb score,I changed 2 pharmacology.I wuld like 2 Ask if it is possible 2 swap back 2 med and surg in d future,maybe 100 or 200 level and how wuld it be processed.thank u!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TARCHYCARDIA: 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
charliejose: Hi house!,am new here,and am reali loving what u guys are doing...am an aspirant of unilag,want 2 study medicine and surg,but owing 2 my low jamb score,I changed 2 pharmacology.I wuld like 2 Ask if it is possible 2 swap back 2 med and surg in d future,maybe 100 or 200 level and how wuld it be processed.thank u!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (908) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.