Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (12880 Views)

Praise/worship Songs In Your Language / Five Days Of Pastor’s Conference -bible Teaching, Worship And Fellowship! / Mary Worship And The Immaculate Deception! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2012
Pls, feel free to relate with this topic Culturally, Religiously and Musically since it is not posted in any specific Section, but General!
In addition, during praise and worship in churches. Worship songs are termed to be slow (blues), while praise songs are meant to be fast.
My question is, can I sing a praise song and 'thank' songs during worship session!.
And is it proper to say ''lets be in the mood of worship''?

@@modified@@
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by christemmbassey(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
ayobase: Pls, feel free to relate with this topic Culturally, Religiously and Musically since it is not posted in any specific Section, but General!
Pls, differences!
Thanks!
Praise thanks God for what He has done, while worship is adoring God for who He is.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
christemmbassey: Praise thanks God for what He has done, while worship is adoring God for who He is.

Does it mean that there is a particular specific genre for worship...like blues!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by christemmbassey(m): 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
ayobase:

Does it mean that there is a particular specific genre for worship...like blues!
no,the diff is not in melody, beat or rethm, praise is natural (outward) celebration, worship is emotional and spiritual.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nwandol: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2012
Worship is worshipping God,praise is Praising God

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by kessyur: 10:46am On Oct 07, 2012
This you already know. Don't just start a thread because you must post.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2012
christemmbassey: Praise thanks God for what He has done, while worship is adoring God for who He is.
Nope, Praise thanks God for what He can do (what He has not done, Praise shows you believe God can do it), Worship is adoring God for who he is.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by LeStylo: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Get a Catholic to explain to you. It's so unambiguous!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Gos is a jealous God. So he needs to be worshiped and praised!!!! So the WHITE MAN"S BIBLE SAYS!!!!!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Medley(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2012
worship is an outward expression of ones inward and indepth heart felt feeling, admiration, respect and honour accorded to a hgher authority that may sumtimes involve kneeling down, bowing down, lifting up of hands. It is a total submissive surrender to ur God having first acknowlegded who he really his, his might, power and grace, cos without first knowing who he is u will worship poorly.

Praise is adoration, thanksgiving, respect in esteem cherishment of the mighty works of a great God . For what he has done, what he will do and what he can do and have been doing. Telling God who you think he is for what he is

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2012
kessyur: This you already know. Don't just start a thread because you must post.

Maybe we start from what u know so that I can know if Im a polymath on this!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: Gos is a jealous God. So he needs to be worshiped and praised!!!! So the WHITE MAN"S BIBLE SAYS!!!!!

But what do you say?
Pls do share with me (us) what u THINK or KNOW about this!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by coded777: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2012
Someone rightly said, Worship is suppose to be emotional and spiritually enclinated..Praise and worship both can pull down the heavens, however either has to be done with deep sense of sacredness and faith in the heart...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
Neither Jesus nor any prophet of God was reported to have used Music as a means of worship. But we have several reports of prostration to God as a means of worship:

JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

5) MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n thus:

…Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah
(96:19)

Everyday millions of muslims prostrate (fall on their faces) in total submission to Allah the creator of every body and everthing.

@op i hope this answers your question.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by idugbe(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Praise songs tell people of what God has done for you while worship songs directly praise, adore and appreciate God for what He has done for you. It is not about the rhythm, tempo or beat, it is in the words.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ITbomb(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Worship is more emotionally and spiritually inclined . Praise is all about who can win the shouting n dancing contest
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Tgr8t4all(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
Be it Praise or worship, which of d either you as a living soul offer to your GOD?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by changeagent(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
Don't be confused everything we are doing to honor God is encapsulated in worship.be it fast song or slow song,paying tithe,witnessing,acknowledging, etc they are all forms of worship.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by tevinsolt: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
the same thing in a sense but when it comes to songs, worships are slows songs with well thought out and moving lyrics while praise is a song you can dance to.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
In terms of music, they are only different in tempo. Worship songs are typically slow and more emotional. Praise songs are faster and are danceable to. Religiously, I don't see any different as both types of songs render honor, reverence and homage to God.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
abubello: Neither Jesus nor any prophet of God was reported to have used Music as a means of worship. But we have several reports of prostration to God as a means of worship:

JESUS

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

5) MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n thus:

Everyday millions of muslims prostrate (fall on their faces) in total submission to Allah the creator of every body and everthing.

God bless u my brother....d name got my attention at the start, but I later figured it out at the end. Kudos!
What about praise?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
ITbomb: ...... Praise is all about who can win the shouting n dancing contest

Seriously?
Song like ''eh eh, my God is good oh'', ''oh that men will PRAISE the Lord.........''
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by ayobase(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Tgr8t4all: Be it Praise or worship, which of d either you as a living soul offer to your GOD?

I have been doing that in terms of rhythm.....wanna be sure!
U wanna share with me?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
Our overall 'activities' borne out of our spirit is termed worship. Whether it is prayers, giving, studying the word, etc. Worship in this context connotes celebrating him for who he is. A typical example is the 4 living creatures who constantly sing holy holy Lord...it speaks of God's attributes,names; while praise is simply about his deeds whether in time past or presently in our lives. The pace of the music has nothing to do with it. But it has been very known and common worship in the bible was solemn and orderly hence, the reason people attribute slow pace of music to it. There is no such thing.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Johnchike(m): 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
abubello: Neither Jesus nor any prophet of God was reported to have used Music as a means of worship. But we have several reports of prostration to God as a means of worship:
It is silly and dud for you to say music and/or instruments shouldn't be used for worship.
In Psalm 150:3-5 the bible tells us to praise God with trumpets, to praise God with harps and lyres. To praise God with drums and dancing to praise God with harps and flutes, to praise God with loud cymbals.

In Joshua 6:4-7 God ordered Joshua to blow trumpets. The sound of the trumpets would miraculously pull down the walls of Jericho

In 2samuel 6:5 David and all the israelites were dancing and singing with all their might to honour the Lord, they were playing harps, lyres, drums, rattles, and cymbals

In 2samuel 6:15 David and all the israelites took the Covenant box up to Jerusalem with the shouts of joy and the sounds of trumpets.

In Luke 20: 39-40 Some pharisees in the crowd spoke to Jesus. "Teacher," they said, "command your disciples to be quiet!" Jesus answered, "I tell you that if they keep quiet, the stones themselves will start shouting."

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Johnchike(m): 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2012

JESUS
hypocrite! You believe in the actions of Jesus where Jesus fell on his face and prayed but you don't believe in Jesus as the Son of God. JESUS SAID IN John 10:30 "THE FATHER AND I ARE ONE. Jesus said in John 5:23 "ALL MUST HONOUR THE SON IN THE SAME WAY AS THEY HONOUR THE FATHER" "Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who sent him". If you can prostrate for your allah, then you most prostrate for Jesus.

In philippians 2:10,"All beings in heaven, on earth, and in the world below will fall on their knees, and openly proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
abubello: MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n thus:

Everyday millions of muslims prostrate (fall on their faces) in total submission to Allah
Before i prostrate to 'Allah' you must prostrate to Jesus
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by hagma37yahoocom: 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
kessyur: This you already know. Don't just start a thread because you must post.
My friend even you dont know the difference coz its no where to be found in Christianity both worship and praise are all music singing in a nut shell no difference
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
@ Johnchike I have no reason to prostrate to Jesus, but rather to Allah the creator of me, you and everybody including Jesus
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by hagma37yahoocom: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
Johnchike:
It is silly and dud for you to say music and/or instruments shouldn't be used for worship.
In Psalm 150:3-5 the bible tells us to praise God with trumpets, to praise God with harps and lyres. To praise God with drums and dancing to praise God with harps and flutes, to praise God with loud cymbals.

In Joshua 6:4-7 God ordered Joshua to blow trumpets. The sound of the trumpets would miraculously pull down the walls of Jericho

In 2samuel 6:5 David and all the israelites were dancing and singing with all their might to honour the Lord, they were playing harps, lyres, drums, rattles, and cymbals

In 2samuel 6:15 David and all the israelites took the Covenant box up to Jerusalem with the shouts of joy and the sounds of trumpets.

In Luke 20: 39-40 Some pharisees in the crowd spoke to Jesus. "Teacher," they said, "command your disciples to be quiet!" Jesus answered, "I tell you that if they keep quiet, the stones themselves will start shouting."
Guy u dont worship with guitar but praise mayb u can please get difference all u coated were praise and not worship
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Johnchike(m): 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:

Guy u dont worship with guitar but praise mayb u can please get difference all u coated were praise and not worship
whether praise or worship, it's to the glory of God.

Praise is a form of worship which involves the whole aspect of our awe, reverence, love and respect for Almighty God.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? by Johnchike(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
abubello: @ Johnchike I have no reason to prostrate to Jesus, but rather to Allah the creator of me, you and everybody including Jesus
Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God.
In hebrews 1:8 God the Father confirmed that God the Son(Jesus) is also God. I quote; "About the Son, however, God said: "Your kingdom, O God, will last forever and ever!". In hebrews 1:10 He(God) also said "You, Lord, in the beginning created the earth, and with your own hands you made the heavens"
No wonder St. John the disciple in John 1:3 said "Through Jesus, God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him." Jesus confirmed it in John 5:23 "All must honour the Son in the same way as they honour the Father". I love God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and I love the unity in the trinity. God bless us all..

(1) (2) (Reply)

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria / How To Train Your Dragons – Killing Pet Sins Before They Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.