Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria (12877 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by DARREG(m): 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
Disclaimer: All words on these post are entirely my opinion, I am in no way trying to judge for God
I cannot read minds so am judging based on what I read on the internet everyday.

MY TOP 5 MOST INFLUENTIAL MEN OF GOD IN NIGERIA

1. PASTOR EA ADEBOYE
There are very few(if not none) "pastorlike" qualities you would not see in this great man of God,be it humility, holiness, temperament,love, quietness etc all this are all embodied in this man that knows the heartbeat of God. When you hear him speak it reminds you of what the Bible meant when it said "The holy ghost had a gentle voice" Known notably for the famous way he says "Sombody shout Halleluyah".He was also listed among the 50 most influential men in the world by a famous world magazine. His annual congress is not only the largest gathering in Nigeria(both secular and spiritual) but it has also attracted many notable people like President Goodluck Jonathan, Olusegun Obasanjo, etc
His influence is not only centered among christian faithfuls, people like Gen Buhari has been seen going to the Redemption camp as it is fondly called for blessings.

2. BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO
If you are in search of an African pastor that abrogates the adage "As poor as a church rat" look no further because no one does it better than Bishop Oyedepo, With 4 private jets and an estimated worth of 150 million dollars(According to forbes). "Papa" as he is fondly called by his followers has luxirious assets that is the dream of everyone that wants to be wealthy. He is not only known for his physical acquisation but also for his "action oreinted" way of life. Those that know him testifies that indiscipline, stupidity and laxity disgusts him. he is often called the Elijah of our time because of the power of his words causing spiritual and physical changes.

3. PROPHET TB JOSHUA
If there is only one commandment in the Bible it would be "Love everyone as God has loved you" and actions are what depicts love, Based on my research no other Nigerian pastor on this list is as Charitable and controvertial as this man. he has assisted the poor, dwarfs, destitudes,etc the list is endless. although public opinion has influenced my perception of him i cant deny the fact that since he is still standing strong after more than 10 years of criticism,God might indeed be with him. he is a godfather to several political icons like Winnie Mandela, Julius Malena, etc. He is blessed with a kind of healing that looks more like the ones promised in the Bible(Instant and Total Healings)

4. PASTOR AYO ORITSTEJAFOR
"The Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force" must be the scriptural backing that this great CAN president had when he said Christians in Northern Nigeria should carry guns and defend themselves against Islamic extremist. Still no one can deny the fact that he handled the Boko haram menace swiftly, allowing them know Christians could be gentle but certainly not foolish.

5. PASTOR WF KUMUYI
Since the 1970s a certain man has been preaching Holiness in a way he believes God wants it to be taught, ignoring all Scientific changes and Worldly advances, 40 years later this man continued to preach that same holiness in that same way. Reputed to be the Superintendent of the Most Conservative Christian denomination in recent times. This man has a zero tolerance to concession. His guiding philosophy is that "it is better to be very conservative and make heaven than to be liberal and go to hell", Hence the Expunge of certain seeminly worldly practices and his strictness to the Holy Bible alone.

5. REV CHRIS OYACHILOME
When you talk of a teacher no one on this list breaks down the gospel to A,B,C like this man, With a physical presence that puts his audience in awe. Pastor Chris ensures that both the outward and the inward apearance of Christ remains flashy and evergreen at all costs. As a few controversies to his name but when you hear him preach the word of God you know certainly that this is definitely from God.
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by akuji: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
So common 150 dollars, that s how Oyedepo entered Forbes. Abeg wey application form make I kukuma apply. I'm sure I can top that list with this 200 dollars equivalent wey dey my account so. grin cheesy grin
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by nora544: 12:01am On Aug 28, 2013
That are 5 man who brought nigeria to what it is at the moment.

No one of this pastors speak for the poor in the country.

All 5 pastors only preach about money, miracles, and praying and fasting and you get rich, but no pastor speak work and god will help you.

Did any of this 5 stand up and speak against corruption.

Did you know since nigeria has this big churches corruption gets bigger from year to year.

What should come out from a country where fabrics close and churches open, where people will work.

this pastors make god to a money printing machine, but god didnot print money.

this pastors pray miracles but i didnot hear from a real miracel they make, that a blind person can see.
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 28, 2013
endtime tinz
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 28, 2013
Topic should change to your 5 most influential PENTECOSTAl pastors in Nigeria.By the way you did not even define what you mean by "influence"

1 Like

Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by PastorOluT(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
@ op it Shows the kind of Christian you are, there is so much u just dont know. If only U truly know the way to the Father's heart?
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by zig2ryme04: 11:05am On Aug 28, 2013
nora544: That are 5 man who brought nigeria to what it is at the moment.

No one of this pastors speak for the poor in the country.

All 5 pastors only preach about money, miracles, and praying and fasting and you get rich, but no pastor speak work and god will help you.

Did any of this 5 stand up and speak against corruption.

Did you know since nigeria has this big churches corruption gets bigger from year to year.

What should come out from a country where fabrics close and churches open, where people will work.

this pastors make god to a money printing machine, but god didnot print money.

this pastors pray miracles but i didnot hear from a real miracel they make, that a blind person can see.

you are just an ignoramus, you know nothing.
may i ask you what you have done for the poor?
those who spoke for the poor years back where are they now?
the more you speak for the poor, the more we have poor people with poor mentality.
Jesus did not speak for the poor, He made life known to the poor, He taught them Kingdom Principle.
For how long do you want to speak for the poor if you cant teach them how they can defend themselves through the word of God.
If the pastor is rich, that means there are rich folks in the church.

1 Like

Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by nora544: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2013
zig2ryme04:

you are just an ignoramus, you know nothing.
may i ask you what you have done for the poor?
those who spoke for the poor years back where are they now?
the more you speak for the poor, the more we have poor people with poor mentality.
Jesus did not speak for the poor, He made life known to the poor, He taught them Kingdom Principle.
For how long do you want to speak for the poor if you cant teach them how they can defend themselves through the word of God.
If the pastor is rich, that means there are rich folks in the church.

I pay the school fees of two children since many years, there parents didnot have the money to send them to school.

I want to ask you what you have done to the poor.

So jeasus is only for the rich.

Poor people have no right to come to heaven, heaven is only made for the rich you can give much to the so called great man of god.
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by zig2ryme04: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2013
nora544:

I pay the school fees of two children since many years, there parents didnot have the money to send them to school.

I want to ask you what you have done to the poor.

So jeasus is only for the rich.

Poor people have no right to come to heaven, heaven is only made for the rich you can give much to the so called great man of god.

Ok... so sorry for being too personal on you.
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by tobechi74: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
Over 70 percent of nigerian christian are catholics. Yet no catholic name made the list.smh
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by Oyinprince(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
tobechi74: Over 70 percent of nigerian christian are catholics. Yet no catholic name made the list.smh
did u read dat d OP sed d post is just is opinion?
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by DARREG(m): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2013
Sorry...my bad....I meant 150 million dollars
akuji: So common 150 dollars, that s how Oyedepo entered Forbes. Abeg wey application form make I kukuma apply. I'm sure I can top that list with this 200 dollars equivalent wey dey my account so. grin cheesy grin
Re: My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria by PaulAdeka(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
I am not judging you, neither am I against you but topics like this are not supposed to be posted on a social network undecided especially on a controversial one like Nairaland, christian Ministry is God's business, so lets allow Him do the rating... only Him will "truly" know who is fulfilling destiny and who is not. Don't misunderstand me pls... i am a Christian and everybody is entitled to his or her own judgement... shocked cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) / An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.