Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Salary In The Nigerian Army? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (356253 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by holythug(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2008
zombies. . .soldier go soldier come lol
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by odiaseo(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2008
@mingiix
@odiaseo!!! Are you the same odiase at echo company in NMS. The name pele + odiaseo from admiral's write-up made me think so. I am NMS/82
NMS/85: Ex-boy E-Coy | Ask Dr. P

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by odiaseo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
well, i think we do not have to overflog this issue, we all have our agencies(how to choose good or evil). 4 me i left the Nigerian army after serving 10 years 100 days.i served as an other rank.I think the NDA is a destruction academy, where they go to learn how to loot,cheat and steal other rank's money.The day we start having men of integrity in the armed forces this country will be put the wright side up.Formally when i hear Fela music on Zombi i take it for granted, not until i took the dictionary to find that i was exactly a Zombi.Good initiative are never taken in the military except its from a superior officer.E.g, in the nigerian army medical corps school ojo barracks, An officers with HND as highest qualification is head of dept. whereas, a masters degree holder is his subject what matters is rank not intelligence.The arm forces ahve grossly mis-deployed its arsenals.

@mnavy
You just exposed you ignorance by your post. You said it yourself that you joined the Army as an Other Rank. What do you think other rank means? Did you read the terms and conditions of your service? If you wanted your degree to count, you should have joined as an officer or wait until you're are commissioned, that's if you deserve it. Do you know what "channel of communication" is and means? Where in the world do superiors take orders from inferiors? It obvious your joined the army with the wrong reasons and expectations and this is a good case study for those thinking of joining the armed forces.

I suppose your frustration explains your beclouded thoughts about what goes on in the academy, I can understand that. But it takes a real man with guts, courage and intelligence to survive the academy. If you doubt it, try it but don't defame it!

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by rudiments(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
No comment, but on second thought i did say that was one hell of guy,puttin in over 10 years and not been happy over it.The million Naira question is why stay that long?I just need you guys to get your record straight,you joing the Army cos the guys in the bank and oil companies are not giving you no chance or you going in cos you think you got a duty to your COUNTRY?pls be sincere with your self or you WILL end UP beating that guys record and realizing you got in for the wrong reasons, no disrespect to the guys in Green, SOMEONES GOT TO DO IT.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by segnati: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hi V/admiral pls i would like to have some advise from u concerning the DSS issue pls send ur email add to me . mine is segio225ng@yahoo.com.Pls its urgent.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by VAdmiral(m): 12:19am On Feb 05, 2008
@mnavy
You just exposed you ignorance by your post. You said it yourself that you joined the Army as an Other Rank. What do you think other rank means? Did you read the terms and conditions of your service? If you wanted your degree to count, you should have joined as an officer or wait until you're are commissioned, that's if you deserve it. Do you know what "channel of communication" is and means? Where in the world do superiors take orders from inferiors? It obvious your joined the army with the wrong reasons and expectations and this is a good case study for those thinking of joining the armed forces.

I suppose your frustration explains your beclouded thoughts about what goes on in the academy, I can understand that. But it takes a real man with guts, courage and intelligence to survive the academy. If you doubt it, try it but don't defame it!
Nice one Oga Pele. This blood still flows in you. Am proud of you.
Just leave him, he will never understand.

@ mnavy
You got your acts and priorities wrong. Thank God you are no longer in the system. Our regimentation is not for everyone, its only for the sane and sober minded. Am not blaming you for taking the wrong approach to vent and voice out your frustrations. I believe you read and understood the terms and conditions well b4 you appended your signature. Those in your shoes who understand the rules will not throw caution to the wind to make such callous and cynical comments. You cant reap where you did not sow and the laws cannot be changed because of you. You would have come into the armed forces through the officers' corp than an other rank, if that is your problem. The difference is clear, you know. That the president has a Bachelors degree does not mean he should take orders from the Governor of the Central Bank who is a professor, Lai Lai! Your education does not make you the superior in all cases. Only the responsibility vested on you by the law does. So my brother, quit hating and look for elsewhere to hang your frustrations and disappointments because you are aiming at the wrong target. The sooner you expunge that thinking from your head, the better and farther you will go in whatever you have decided to do after a disappointing sojourn in the service of your fatherland.

One Love.

3 Likes

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by mingiix: 12:42am On Feb 05, 2008
Pele! nice blog you have got. Nice pix too.Although I was really expecting to see the 11yr old onubogu's boy. I was Obinna's classmate in echo company. I have got a lot of reservations about the military based on my experience in NMS( I am still thinking of sueing the FG for child abuse). Ha ha ha!!!
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by bastrin(f): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2008
Gentlemen,
I don't believe anybody should choose career based on pay, because if that is the case every Nigerian will want to be a politician cos that is the only place where you eat without working per say. Instead, look for a career that will give you satisfaction n not kill you on time. And for those of you who have beef with the armed Forces it is nobody's fault that you did not make it. Maybe in your next life u will make it bu for now just hide urself.

2 Likes

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by oisrael(m): 11:08am On Feb 09, 2008
@Vice Admiral
You are a great man! the discipline, strenght, etc in you can be perceived from reading your educative reply provided the reader is sinsere, objective and not cynical.
I hail again and again! infact I give you my "civillian 21 gunshot salute"
@poster
What are you still waiting for! oya go and join sharp sharp as e bi say your mind don dey go there. So that you can be like Vice Admiral. he has said it all.
As for me and others like me, I'm ok watching the Millitary especially see them on movies. grin

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by pachez: 11:46am On Feb 12, 2008
dear sir,am an applicant at the just concluded NDA 60th regular course.i just want to know when the results will b out.for the pay in the armed forces i think military is all about dedication and commitment.so it does not include hw much your'e been paid.joining the defence for money is not dedication to service but dedication to corruption in the near future.my email address is (pachezmary@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by mendax: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2008
@pachez
i never knew dat NDA results were pasted on nairaland!!
i thot the daily newspapers had the monopoly of informin the public
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by delib: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2008
@poster if u are a lieutenant u are ok but anything out of officerism oh boy forget na sofferness
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by phoomie(f): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ v/admiral

your posts ve been so encouraging, i do not intend joining the army, navy or airforce but it is my desire in life to marry someone from the force, either from the navy, army or airforce, i keep on praying about this and am so sure God will do it soon, i really don't know if you could be of any help to me.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by ebogentle(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2008
To the fellow who threw open the first question and all the others like him i suggest you read up all the posts by V/Admiral and Dr Odiase. That is as Objective and patriotic as it gets. Take it or leave it. My own two cents is this;Join the Armed forces first and foremost because you wish to help defend the territorial integrity of our dear nation. Ask your self how patriotic you are. The armed forces rise above tribalism, sectionalism, sex differences, religious differences,etc. Sorry, i am just giving you one more reason to like to join in. Cheers all
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by jimmyjam: 6:09am On Apr 09, 2008
yep its all about serving for a good cause , its a sacrifice, however officers will have to make money on the side if they want to enjoy the better things in life! if not you'll simply have your basics alone.

Vice admiral is right if nobody joins the government as civil and military servants who will do the job, we can all see the good job ribadu did in EFCC , 90% of efcc are govt employees , i.e police, sss, judiciary etc so also who will work at central bank, infact some of these people have no choice because they are the children of old soldiers and civil service personnel who have no choice but to join because this is where they can find a job they dont have connections in private companies.

vice admiral the almighty God will reward you, becos you are doing a good job, besides the armed forces in any country can be called upon to take reigns of the govt if there is break down of law and order and impose martial law!
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by yemivictor: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2008
bastrin:

Gentlemen,
I don't believe anybody should choose career based on pay, because if that is the case every Nigerian will want to be a politician because that is the only place where you eat without working per say.

Excuse me!

1 Like

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by bazzman(f): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
I must commend the v/ admiral for his elaborate explaination and clearification on the subject matter.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by ocelot2006(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2009
AFTER READING THE RESPONSES OF SO MANY POSTERS ON THIS THREAD, I CANT HELP BEING FORCED TO REACT TO SO MANY HALF-TRUTHS AND MISINFORMATION PEOPLE WHO ARE IGNORANT ON ISSUES MAKE. IT WILL PAY EVERYBODY TO ALWAYS CONDUCT A LITTLE RESEARCH FROM PEOPLE THAT KNOW, OR BETTER STILL, THE PROFESSION INVOLVED, BEFORE MAKING WRONG AND IRRELEVANT COMMENTS. FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLARITY AND EDUCATION, I WOULD MAKE SOME POINTS CLEAR, WITHOUT ANY BIAS.

FIRST OF ALL, AS A REGULAR COMBATANT NAVAL OFFICER WHO PASSED THROUGH THE PRESTIGIOUS NDA, I KNOW THAT AM VERY COMFORTABLE WITH WHAT AM BEING PAID [b]RIGHT NOW!!. DO YOU GET EMPLOYED JUST TO GET RICH OR TO MAKE A GOOD, DECENT AND COMFORTABLE LIVING? WHATEVER YOUR ANSWER IS PUTS YOU IN THE REQUIRED CATEGORY. BUT I MUST TELL You THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MEASURE UP, AND EVEN BETTER, THAN SOME OF MY NUMEROUS CIVILIAN CONTEMPORARIES WORKING IN OTHER SECTORS OF THE ECONOMY, EVEN THE OIL AND GAS. ITS UP TO YOU TO MAKE YOUR DECISION ON THAT. OUR PAY HAS BEEN GREATLY CONSOLIDATED RECENTLY AND EVERYBODY IS HAPPY AND APPRECIATIVE. IT MAY INTEREST YOU TO FIND OUT AND FEEL THE PULSE OF A MILITARY FRIEND, IF YOU HAVE ONE.

SECONDLY, I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THAT FAMILY ISSUES IS REALLY A PROBLEM IN THE MILITARY, IN TERMS OF OUT-STATION POSTINGS. HOWEVER, I MUST SAY THAT SOME POSTERS HAVE OVER EXAGGERATED THIS FACT. THERE IS HARDLY NO PROFESSION IN THE WORLD THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE SOME OCCASSIONAL SEPARATION FROM FAMILIES. THIS COULD BE IN FORM OF COURSES, BUSINESS TRIPS, INTERVIEWS, PROMOTION-RELATED APPOINTMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AMONGST OTHERS. IT IS NOT PECULIAR TO THE MILITARY ALONE. BUT THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A WAY OUT, AT LEAST TO CURTAIL IT TO THE BAREST MINIMUM.

IN MY OWN CASE AS A NAVAL OFFICER, I STATIONED MY FAMILY IN LAGOS. THIS IS BECAUSE LAGOS HAS THE HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF NAVAL ESTABLISHMENTS (ABOUT 90%). SO THERE IS ALWAYS A 90% CHANCE THAT ALL MY APPOINTMENTS WOULD BE IN LAGOS WHERE MY FAMILY IS LOCATED. IT IS NOT A RULE OF THE THUMB, BUT IT HAS WORKED FOR ME SO FAR. IT WOULD ALWAYS WORK IF YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH AND APPRECIATION WELL. HOWEVER, IF ONE IS APPOINTED OUTSIDE YOUR LOCATION, YOUR FAMILY DO NOT HAVE TO GO WITH You. YOU DONT HAVE TO DISRUPT YOUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION OR YOUR SPOUSE'S EMPLOYMENT OR BUSINESS BY MOVING THEM WITH YOU. YOUR ABSENCE WOULDNT LAST FOREVER, AT MOST 24 MONTHS YOU SHOULD BE BACK. MOREOVER THERE ARE INTERMITTENT PERIODS OF ANNUAL AND COMPASSIONATE LEAVE AND PASSES TO CUSHION THE EFFECT, AND EVERYBODY IS HAPPY.

I WILL ALSO WANT TO REACT ON THE 'CONTROVERSIAL' AND THE MUCH TOUTED CAR 'GIFT' GIVEN TO MILITARY OFFICERS BY THE FORMER PRESIDENT. FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, IT IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A LOAN AND WE ARE PAYING DEARLY FOR IT MONTHLY, FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I LOSE MONTHLY ON THE ACCOUNT OF THAT. HOWEVER AM NOT COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT WAS OPTIONAL FROM THE ONSET, IT WASNT COMPULSORY AND YOU HAD THE RIGHT TO REJECT IT. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO DID NOT COLLECT. SOME WHO WERE ENTITLED TO A HIGHER BRAND OF CAR OPTED FOR A LOWER CATEGORY DUE TO REPAYMENT BURDEN. SO NAIRALANDERS, BE BETTER INFORMED.

FURTHERMORE, TALKING ABOUT DEATH AND DYING, I DONT THINK THERE IS A PROFESSION THAT DOES NOT HAVE A MEASURE OF RISK THAT IS GRAVE ENOUGH TO CAUSE DEATH. EVEN SLEEPING IS RISKY BECAUSE ONE CAN DIE OF IDLENESS AND INACTIVITY. PLEASE BE MORE POSITIVE TO LIFE. IF ITS NOT YOUR TIME, EVEN IF A BULLET SPILLS OUT YOUR BRAINS, GOD CAN WORK A MIRACLE THROUGH A ROADSIDE CHEMIST (DRUG SELLER) AND YOU WOULD BE BACK ON YOUR FEET AGAIN. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO BE RUSHED TO ST NICHOLAS, HAVANA OR EKO HOSPITALS. IF YOU ARE A BANKER, HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF AN ARMED ROBBER BREAKS IN, OR EVEN ON YOUR WAY HOME IN TRAFFIC WHEN YOU CLOSE LATE? IF You ARE IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR AND WORKING IN THE NIGER DELTA, DO You KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION OFFSHORE ON THE RIG OR IF THE MILITANTS DECIDES TO PAY A VISIT TO YOUR FLOW STATION? AFTERALL SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIED DURING 9/11 AT THE WORLD TRADE CENTRE WERE IN THEIR OFFICES. TO EVERY PROFESSION OR JOB, THERE IS AN OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD CAPABLE OF KILLING SOMEONE UNEXPECTEDLY, NO ONE IS SAFER. I SERVED IN ECOMOG FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND CAME BACK SAFELY. I HAVE BEEN SERVING IN THE NIGER DELTA FOR THE PAST 18 MONTHS, YET SOME PEOPLE CAME AND DIED WITHIN 3 WEEKS. I AM NOT BETTER, WISER OR STRONGER THAN THEM IN ANY WAY BUT AM ALIVE TODAY BY THE GRACE OF GOD. SO POSSIBILITY OF DEATH IS A FLIMSY EXCUSE TO RUN AWAY FROM THE MILITARY. LETS HAVE A MUCH POSITIVE OUTLOOK TO LIFE AND KNOW THAT WHEREVER WE ARE, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

ON A FINAL NOTE, I MUST TRUTHFULLY ASSERT THAT THE MILITARY IS A NOBLE PROFESSION AND GONE ARE THOSE DAYS WHEN ONLY DROP OUTS, MEDIOCRES AND USELESS PEOPLE ARE FOUND THEREIN. INFACT NOWADAYS YOU CANT EVEN SURVIVE THE WIND OF CHANGE IF YOU ARE ONE. IN THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES, WE HAVE FIRST CLASS BRAINS, SKILLFULL ENGINEERS, BRILLANT DOCTORS, ERUDITE TACTICIANS, DAZZLING ACADEMICIANS, TALENTED NAVIGATORS, TESTED PILOTS, MAGNIFICIENT MARKSMEN, SUPERP MEN AND WOMEN OF NOBLE CHARACTER AND DISPOSITION. I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON. IN ANOTHER VEIN, BEING A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT WE ARE FAILURES WHERE EVEN THE MOST ADVANCED MILITARIES ARE LACKING. AS AN INSIDER, IT WOULD BE THE MOST UNFAIR COMPARISON TO MAKE. WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE INTIMIDATING BIOGRAPHIES AND FEATS OF THE GENERALS AGWAI, KHOBE AND ADMIRALS OMBU, BOB-MANUEL, ISAH, AMAUCHE OF THIS WORLD, You WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A PLACE WHERE NOBLE MEN TREAD. WELL, EXCUSES TO ALMIGHTY QUOTA SYSTEM AND GEOPOLITICS OF THE NIGERIAN NATION WHICH HAVE REALLY DEVASTATED THE STRUCTURES OF OUR NATION AND RELEGATED HARDWORK AND MERIT TO THE BACKGROUND. WHATEVER THE CASE, THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN ALL TAKE OUR DESTINIES INTO OUR HAND AND UNLEARN ALL THE NEGATIVE ATTRIBUTES WE HAVE INCULCATED OVER TIME FOR THE PURPOSE OF A BETTER FUTURE. WITH THIS IN LINE, EVERY ASPECT OF OUR NATIONAL LIFE, INCLUDING THE ARMED FORCES, WOULD BE BETTER FOR IT.

I HOPE SOMEBODY IS EDUCATED AND BETTER INFORMED BY MY INPUT.

@POSTER
PLS GO AHEAD, JOIN US AND SERVE YOUR FATHERLAND. YOU ARE ON A RIGHT COURSE AND YOU WONT REGRET IT. YOU COULD GET RICH IN THE PROCESS BECAUSE MANY OFFICERS AND MEN ARE INDEED RICH, IF THAT IS WHAT You DESIRE IN A PROFESSION BUT DONT BE OVERAMBITIOUS. YOU COULD GET HURT AND BURN YOUR FINGERS BIG TIME!!!!
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME ON BOARD A NOBLE PROFESSION MY BROTHER!!
ONE LOVE.[/b]

@ V/Admiral
RESPECT.

3 Likes

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by nyenyej: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2009
[bpls nairalander, ur advice is needed.
i, 23, a graduate wants to join the army thru the ongoing DSS recruitment.
pls advice on the merits and demerits with reference to the proffession, marriage, people attitude towards me
thanx
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Baabdul(m): 6:45am On Apr 01, 2009
I want to know the amount soldiers been pay now. Because some say the government increase soldiers salary some say nothing like that. And secondly is it true that there another allowance coming for the officers and soldiers. Thanks

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by paulibling(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
Sometimes it baffles me how some people play over serious issues, most especially all these
small boys that manage to dabble over a computer. Age must be a factor to register here.

Admiral, your message is very straight like sugar cane. You sounded like a fully baked sensible graduate. I'm convinced you are one.

Anyone that nurses military work should ignore all those ignoramus that are busy exhibiting their cowardice and join the prestigious respective forces.

If you are an idiot shocked, counter me. This is an educating forum.
I have landed.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Baabdul(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2009
Army is not a job dat someone will put eye on money. because dat is what is killing our soldiers in niger delta today so join the army and serve ur country.

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by airborneMD(m): 5:28am On Jun 12, 2009
You dont join any army for the pay, u join it to serve and for the challenge. I am a Nigerian serving as in Infantry Officer in the US Army 82nd Airbornr Div, Yeah the pay here is awesome, but it more than the pay. I have been to both Iraq and Afghanistan and i have lost friends, but i would never question or regret the path i have chosen.

The bond u build with ur brother in arms is too strong for any civilian to understand, u fight together, sleep together, eat together, laugh, cry and die together. That and the true selfless service to your country is what the army is about.

I would have loved to join the Nigerian Army, but the challenge and oppurtunity offered by the US Army was too great to turn down. Maybe one day, i might do somthing with the Nigerian Army. As a Capt in the US Army i would qualify to partake in its join training programe, and my first choice would be the Nigerian Army.

This might sound crazy, but IBB is one of my greatest Idols. ARMY STRONG!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by sedamsky: 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2009
I am really impressed by the contribution on this topic. i had loved the military because of the discipline i see the American army exhibits in movies and on CNN. i don’t really know much about the Nigeria army before maybe I am not in any way close or related to any but after my first 3 weeks at the NYSC Camp I had I change of mind and really believed we have good army officers just like Vice Admiral in their senses its not new to me i am just confirming that after reading from v/ Admiral all along

@poster
I feel you should just follow your mind and join the Military if you wish too and at the same time i believe you would be comfortable in the process. The uniform would also give you respect in public at least you would be much fulfilled serving your nation.

I am really thinking of giving the short service a shot after services but what gets me worried is just how difficult people say it is to get into any one with good info about entry and any form off support should please get it to me @ sedamsky52@yahoo.com
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by ifey1900: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ the admiral and everyother well informed armed service person
i am in uk studying engineering and i as a person dont like civilian life but the issue is what i want to do after school
and am considering joining either the navy, army, or police but really need some advice on whether its gonna pay off
because if i stay in this country i will be paid abt 40-50 thousand pounds a year but the the whole tax, mortgage thing and ma dislike for civilian life wont suite ma needs
so i need your advice people and what rank will be starting from if i decide to join any of the above armed forces

thank you
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by tos(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
ifey1900:

i am in uk studying engineering and i as a person dont like civilian life but the issue is what i want to do after school
and am considering joining either the navy, army, or police but really need some advice on whether its gonna pay off
because if i stay in this country i will be paid abt 40-50 thousand pounds a year but the the whole tax, mortgage thing and ma dislike for civilian life wont suite ma needs
so i need your advice people and what rank will be starting from if i decide to join any of the above armed forces

thank you

I dont think the above information is correct. A fresh graduate earns between £20K to £28K depending on the sector. Even oil and gas companies will not pay you the amount you stated in your post above.

Sorry for this, it's just the truth.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by ifey1900: 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ tos
hey dude companies differ man
u do a sandwich programme with a masters and u telling me u gonna be getting 20-28k pounds when in sandwhich u were earning 14k pounds
dude wake up bro
do the research again ok
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
ifey1900:

@ tos
u do a sandwich programme with a masters and u telling me u gonna be getting 20-28k pounds when in sandwhich u were earning 14k pounds
dude wake up bro
do the research again ok

You are the one that needs to wake up.

In Engineering? As a fresh graduate?

£40K ko, 40 yams ni. Talkless of £50K.

Because you earned £14K in sandwich, you think you will earn £40K upon graduation? . . . . . . .  . . . Bleep me. Where are you doing your engineering degree? This analysis pass me.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by jaybee3(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2009
ifey1900:

@ tos
dude wake up bro
do the research again ok
What field of engineering?

the only sector that pays >35k for graduates is the financial sector (investment banks) and to be precise you will have to enter as a quant analyst with some MSc in Engineering or Phd in Maths
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by azorjiu(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2009
ifey1900:

thank you

Man, you must be living in the dream world.
I'm not placing a a curse on you, but it is evident you over-exaggerated your worth.
As a fresh graduate, if you are lucky enough to get a job in this time of economic downturn,
you are looking at £18K-£30K. This is the average. You will be lucky to fall outside the bracket.

And about the Army things, I think nigerian workers and service men/woment are grossly underpaid.
Elsewhere, life is better. I am a soldier myself so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by jango1: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2009
First of all i will like to commend admiral he has spoken very well but i want us to understand one basic truth, a lot of people have made post on this thread based on salary comparison with either oil companies or other sectors but what we forget about salaries is that they are not very stable, things change at will and so the financial structure of organisations change alongside.

I changed my job in 2000 because another company doing thesame business with my former company offered me 5,000 naira higher for doing exactly thesame kind of job and also occuping thesame position. I left for the new company but 2 years along the line i discovered that my collegues in my former company was now earning double my salary with better conditions of service, i initially felt bad then but sooner realised that my former company was almost going out of business as a result of that had to lay off 1/4 of her work force, a lot of my friends lost their jobs and were thrown back into the labour market. It was then i realised that salary offers are not very stable and we need to base our ambitions to reflect truely on those things we love doing and not just because of how much money we think we can get from an organisation cos sometimes you may never get the kind of money you expected and moreso our motivations and drives are also different.

To the poster i'll advice you try understand what exactly you think you want to do if you want to join the military then prepare for it or else look the other way, sometimes we look for money in all the wrong places, i've heard a lot of people say that only if they can get a job in the oil companies there lives would be made but i tell you guys oil companies do not make lives they are just business people like any other person, i ve been with the oil gas for 5years now and i'll tell you the truth, let's just becareful in our expectations.
Re: Salary In The Nigerian Army? by Sagamite(m): 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
jay bee:

What field of engineering?

the only sector that pays >35k for graduates is the financial sector (investment banks) and to be precise you will have to enter as a quant analyst with some MSc in Engineering or Phd in Maths

azorjiu:

Man, you must be living in the dream world.
I'm not placing a a curse on you, but it is evident you over-exaggerated your worth.
As a fresh graduate, if you are lucky enough to get a job in this time of economic downturn,
you are looking at £18K-£30K. This is the average. You will be lucky to fall outside the bracket.

And about the Army things, I think nigerian workers and service men/woment are grossly underpaid.
Elsewhere, life is better. I am a soldier myself so I know what I'm talking about.

Someone like ifey1900 are the type of people that irritate me. You live or are studying in a country with so much access to information and yet you are too lazy to get such a simple information but brazenly come online to arrogate a wrong, useless, unresearched, unvalidated opinion.

When the likes are turned down on job application after job application with his masters degree after interviews, he would start screaming here and there that it is because he is Black.

No, it is because you are not quality material.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.