Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:46 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403062 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2008
Hi all,  any HSE professionals in the house? Lets hook up and get talking, I am one smiley

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by boyo4life(m): 6:20am On Nov 01, 2008
Yea, I had one day course on Health and safety environment @ MMC consulting,4,Ejigbo lagos.What about u?

3 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2008
@boyo4ilfe
thankx 4 ur feedback. Well, I attended a course at Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP) recently. I am actually a new entrant to the field. I just thought if there are other HSE people on nairaland, we could 'network' to increase our 'networth' (u know what I mean grin)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by diehard(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2008
Hi fellas,
i've been a practicing HSE professional for abt 5yrs in an oil company, and it's been worth the experience. while NISP is a good way to start, u can upgrade to a better recognised certification NEBOSH, they have a center that offer their certification in nigeria and it's expensive 350k. they do it twice a yr in march and sept. so u may have to wait till next yr

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by stankion(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2008
hello there, i would like to do the HSE safety course but i want to know watt the real amount is and how many levels are there to do, plz i need a feedback on dis. thanks.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by loner: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hello,

If there is anything you want to know about NEBOSH - how you can take the course on-line from a very good course provider at a very cheap fee. Just send me a mail

ovadje_ufuoma@yahoo.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by debughu: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2008
@ diehard
what is the name of the organisation that offers the NEBOSH training??
where are they located in Nigeria.

@ loner
i've sent a mail to ur box.
pls reply ASAP
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2008
@diehard! BIGUP Man & thankx 4ur helpful contribution, I feel like taking out my notes for lessons from a Senior in the field (You) grin But really how has it been 4u on the field practically speaking, am also in d O & G sector presently. And d NEBOSH stuff, is it a one-off payment (I mean d 350k)?

@stankion if u're refering to the NISP course, there are presently 3 Levels i.e Levels 1, 2 & 3 and each level costs btw 10 to 12k presently (most graduates i.e, 1st degree holders start from level 2).
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by osaki(m): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2008
i am a geologist,i wish to know what course(certification) will be neccessary for my displine and i want to know more about NEBOSH, thanks

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by olateej: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2008
@ brainwave
pls where is the location of NISP and what is the duration of the course pls i need an urgent reply
also i will like to know if a botany graduate can work in an oil and gas company and in what department. an urgent reply will be appreciated
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2008
@Olateej

NISP has a head office situated in Lagos and according to their website (www.nispnigeria.com) can also be reached through its branch offices within Nigeria.

Head Office
MAN Centre, 5 Eleruwa Street, Off Ajao Road,
By Adeniyi Jones Avenue, P.O. Box 12963,
Ikeja, Lagos.
Tel: 0-8910154, 08023131376, 08036685285
E-mail: info@nispnigeria.com

Delta Branch
16 Okumagba Avenue, Warri, Delta State.
Tel: 053-321836, 08023279268, 08035503747
E-mail: delta@nispnigeria.com,  nispdelta@yahoo.com

Imo Branch
38 Okigwe Road, Owerri, Imo State.
E-mail: imo@nispnigeria.com

Rivers Branch
Plot 71 Stadium Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Tel: 084-572810, 240130, 08023123475
E-mail: rivers@nispnigeria.com, safetyprofessionals@yahoo.com

Akwa Ibom Branch
50 Liverpool Street, Eket, Akwa Ibom State.
E-mail: akwa_ibom@nispnigeria.com

The courses range from 1 to 5 days in duration.

As to ur question of a Botany graduate working in an Oil company, I say yes, it is possible but d dept to work in may depend on whether the person concerned has additional skills, certifications or professional qualifications. As u know may people re-design / re-invent their career paths after their 1st or even 2nd degrees.

4 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by debosky(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2008
NEBOSH relates mostly to occupational safety - you guys need to look at more areas such as environmental management systems (EMS) and other forms of training.

Are there firms offering EMS/ISO 14001 training in Nigeria?

HSE is a really broad area, but occupational safety is just one of them. More contributions would be welcome.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by wanitas(f): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2009
pls am also interested in d EMS/ISO training, pls anyone with additional info?
i just have to do it this year ,
thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2009
Hi wanita, are u an HSE/CASHES professional? Fellowlanders, can anyone help with answering wanita's question pls!

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ugoriccy(f): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2009
I know of a consultancy/training company
located in PH. If you want to do a safety course, they have one coming up on the 16th and 17th of next month. You can e- mail to royalugo@yahoo.com for more information.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by benefe: 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
i need to know where i can do the certification of HSE-both health and safety with environment right here in nigeria.kindly reply.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2009
i need to know where i can do the certification of HSE-both health and safety with environment right here in nigeria.kindly reply.

@benefe
Can you be more specific about the level of training/certification you are interested in e.g are you already in the profession or just seeking entry into the field? You answers to these question would enable nlanders give you the appropriate advise, more contributions welcomed, please smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by olovezej(f): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2009
Despite doing all d trainings and being a member of d body, getting a job in this field has not been easy for fresh  people without industry practical experience. It's always 3-5yrs experience when u see openings. God dey.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2009
@olovezej

Aquiring academic qualifications or professional certifications is sometimes a way of preparing for opportunities. Often in life, opportunities come from where you least expect it and at other times even from sources you least expect but it is always a good idea to be be ready when such opportunity shows up.

Oprah Winfrey once defined LUCK as PREPARATION + OPPORTUNITY. You may not be able to determine when the opportunity would come, but you can determine how prepared you will be when it does come.

So, don't be discouraged because as you commented, GOD DEY!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tamai(f): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2009
@brainwave

I'm currently running a post graduate diploma in chemistry,to enable me go for my
masters in analytical chemistry.Presently i'm interested in pursuing a career in Hse,but
know little about it from info i was able to gather.
Where do i start from?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
@tamai

I think a starting point you might consider in getting acquainted with HSE may be through the NISP route as earlier mentioned in the threads before now. Its also perhaps, one of the least expensive and relatively credible routes I know of at the moment.

I have come across a number of erstwhile 'chemists' who evolved into HSE practitioners. Furthermore, the NISP course is something you can pursue alongside other endeavours like your PGD in chemistry or other work. Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TIDTID: 2:57am On Nov 18, 2009
what does the membership exam entails
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TIDTID: 3:01am On Nov 18, 2009
IAM A REGISTERED NURSE HAD MY HSE 2 & 3 LAST MONTH,HOW CAN I GET A JOB AS A SAFETY OFFICCER AND WHAT IS THE EXPECTED MINIMUM PAY?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
TIDTID:

IAM A REGISTERED NURSE HAD MY HSE 2 & 3 LAST MONTH,HOW CAN I GET A JOB AS A SAFETY OFFICCER AND WHAT IS THE EXPECTED MINIMUM PAY?

Well, you can start the process by sourcing information relating to CASHES/HSE/'safety ofiicer' openings from coys in relevant industries like Energy (Oil & Gas), Construction and manufacturing. If you have no prior hands-on experience in the field, it may be more realistic for you to focus on entry level positions (though age could be a factor in some instances).

The minimum pay of course would vary from one organisation to the other even within the same industry (sector). But generally speaking, in the energy sector, sometimes an entry level pay may be comparable to what obtains in the banking sctor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hi All, further contributions 4rm HSE practitioners would be most welcome.Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TIDTID: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
brainwave am now a member of Nisp awaitin safety job to practice the professional.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2010
TIDTID:

brainwave am now a member of Nisp awaitin safety job to practice the professional.

@TIDTID am glad you're now a member of NISP, keep prospecting for opportunities, they often come when you least expect it. If you get any relevant volunteer opportunity, don't hesitate to go for it as well, wish you all the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by diehard(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2010
Hi house, i've forgotten i made a post to this topic, this is my 7th yr as a HSE pratictional and i earned over 500k in a reputable oil company, though i started with peanut, you won't believe it, but i was after getting the experience and not the money. In HSE you've to pick an area you want to be good at before you make the decision of certification, You must choose between Health, Safety and Env't. I've been in safety all this while. NISP is a good place to start but won't take you anywhere. Nebosh is the way to go. HSE Job are regularly posted on rigzone.com Hope this helps, will check again to offer advice, see ya

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
We need to have HSE forum.What do you think about it?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2010
diehard:

Hi house, i've forgotten i made a post to this topic, this is my 7th yr as a HSE pratictional and i earned over 500k in a reputable oil company, though i started with peanut, you won't believe it, but i was after getting the experience and not the money. In HSE you've to pick an area you want to be good at before you make the decision of certification, You must choose between Health, Safety and Env't. I've been in safety all this while. NISP is a good place to start but won't take you anywhere. Nebosh is the way to go. HSE Job are regularly posted on rigzone.com Hope this helps, will check again to offer advice, see ya

@diehard you're welcome back to the forum smiley Thanks for your insightful contributions. I think you're right about the fact that NISP is a good (and affordable grin) place to start before going on to the likes of NEBOSH et al. One important lesson from your contribution is that you were more particular about the experience and not the pay at the onset. I think new comers to the field should take note of that. Its like setting one's eyes on a far horizon (where the MEGA pay may be) but to get started, the opportunity for that initial experience should be valued even if the pay isn't MEGA at that point in time.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2010
Agbajen:

We need to have HSE forum.What do you think about it?

@Agbajen, you're welcome on board smiley, this is an HSE forum already! You can bring on your comments, contributions or questions,

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mylove4him(f): 11:40am On Apr 06, 2010
I am happy to find this post. I had some certification from MMC consulting and NISP level 2 n 3. I am also a member of the organisation, was inducted march last year. There is this HSE job am pursuing, went for the last interview last week. They said they will get back to me this week. I have faith that it will come out well.

NEBOSH is good but i need this new job to have the financial capacity to pursue it. I am really enjoying the field.

@ Diehard, plz could u send me some materials on it. I would really appreciate it. my email add. caringcherie@yahoo.com

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.