Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,565 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch (7868 Views)

Buhari, Atiku At Ogbonnaya Onu’s Book Launch Today (Photos) / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman (2) (3) (4)

PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by ghettodreamz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
The raging cold war between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the party’s national leadership played up yesterday in Abuja, as most of the governors boycotted the launch of a book in honour of the party’s National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

The presentation of the book, The Global Villager, a biography of Alhaji Tukur, was part of the activities that marked Tukur’s 77th birthday.

Out of the serving 23 PDP governors, only three were present at the event that took place at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, while two others sent their representatives.

Those in attendance were Governors Isa Yuguda, Theodore Orji and Patrick Yakowa, of Bauchi, Abia and Kaduna States.

Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State and his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang, sent their deputies.

But the Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, apologized on behalf of his colleagues, as he told the gathering that he had their mandate to pick 10 copies of the book for them.

The governors and the PDP national chairman have been engaged in a battle of wits over the party’s supremacy.

Before Orji mounted the podium to make his remarks, Yuguda, was called to speak on behalf of the PDP governors but he declined.

Instead, Yuguda told Orji to speak on behalf of their colleagues.

The Abia governor told the gathering of mainly party chieftains that included President Goodluck Jonathan and some serving ministers, that the governors were absent due to circumstances beyond their control.

He said: “I have been mandated by PDP governors in the PDP Governors Forum to come and speak. To all the PDP governors in the Governors Forum, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur represents the Iroko in the forest. If you enter the forest and you don’t see the Iroko, it is no forest. Where you see the Iroko is the forest. Bamanga Tukur is the leader in our party.

“Let me apologise on behalf of PDP governors who aren’t here because of circumstances beyond their control. Some of them have sent their representatives, but of course an event for Bamanga Tukur isn’t one for excuses.’’

Jonathan described the PDP national chairman as a man of honour, a detribalised Nigerian and an enviable businessman, who “has promoted businesses more than any other businessman in Africa.”

Jonathan added: “Today gives us an opportunity to honour a man who has done well in contributing to the economic growth of Nigeria. We are here to honour a man of honour. His life’s story is that of patience and orderly rise to the top. He didn’t suddenly become rich. He has lived a life that symbolises that the best is possible in this country. He symbolises the life of perseverance in times of adversity.’’

President Jonathan also recalled Alhaji Tukur’s contributions to economic integration and unity in Africa in his official capacity as Chairman of African Business Forum.

The chief launcher, Chief Arthur Eze, who launched the biography with N10 million, described the PDP national chairman as a straightforward individual and appealed to him to continue to support President Jonathan.

Eze said: “He is a straightforward man. I know him and I respect him. I don’t belong to any political party, but I respect individuals. I want to urge you, please, don’t listen to anybody. Just listen to your President and support him to complete his term.”

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/crack-in-pdp-governors-boycott-tukurs-book-launch/

I wonder how on earth a party that is characterized with serious rage,full of mischief, hatred and enviousness among it's own members can lead and govern us right. God help us and send us the Messiah after your own heart in the year 2015, gbam![color=#000099][/color]
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by floriana(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
When Arthur Eze is the chief launcher of a book on anybody, that individual must be a fraudulent person or able to facilitate fraudulent deals to his benefit. Tukur will wipe away his hard-earned reputation with his current job and his new set of friends.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by ektbear: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2012

The raging cold war between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the party’s national leadership played up yesterday in Abuja, as most of the governors boycotted the launch of a book in honour of the party’s National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

The presentation of the book, The Global Villager, a biography of Alhaji Tukur, was part of the activities that marked Tukur’s 77th birthday.

There is something...hilarious about this to me. Global Villager, indeed.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by juman(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
He said: “I have been mandated by PDP governors in the PDP Governors Forum to come and speak. To all the PDP governors in the Governors Forum, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur represents the Iroko in the forest. If you enter the forest and you don’t see the Iroko, it is no forest. Where you see the Iroko is the forest. Bamanga Tukur is the leader in our party.

This make me remember the IROKO of Ondo State.

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by garripack: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
[size=25pt]SO MAKE WE KON DEY CRY [/size] undecided undecided undecided
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by otokx(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
All these books that add no value to the Nigerian lifespan.

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by wandeay: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
is it compulsory for them to come? Okayyy! To waste more of our money, ryt? Useless set of BAGARS!

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Sanguine77(m): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is certainly a conglomeration of rogues and under-performers. Imagine T. A. Orji making a speech and Arthur Eze as chief launcher. Rogues, criminals, underperformers, retardeens. Next we will hear each state spent 100 million to launch the trash.

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
What is PDP?
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by philip0906(m): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
bbpreye.:
What is PDP?
a term used for a collection of monkeys

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by pembisco(m): 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
Am glad they didnt show up...imagine 20 governors buying a copy at 10million naira each! On our tax payers money
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Aifey(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Tht is wht PDP is all abt. Celebratin criminals n hoodloms. Non of d above names deserve hunors n excelency. A book tht has no value 2any individual, scholar n nigeria at learge.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
philip0906:
a term used for a collection of monkeys

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by philip0906(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
bbpreye.:

u're welcome. . .
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
garripack: [size=25pt]SO MAKE WE KON DEY CRY [/size] undecided undecided undecided
no we go chop beans!
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by chucky234(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
Aifey: Tht is wht PDP is all abt. Celebratin criminals n hoodloms. Non of d above names deserve hunors n excelency. A book tht has no value 2any individual, scholar n nigeria at learge.
Bros dey edit your post or better still dey follow me dey post with pidgin,hope say no be the same school you and our own beloved dame PEJ finish sha
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Aifey: Tht is wht PDP is all abt. Celebratin criminals n hoodloms. Non of d above names deserve hunors n excelency. A book tht has no value 2any individual, scholar n nigeria at learge.

^^^I can't imagine anyone -with a 'life'- making out time in the day to read such a book ....not when 'James Hardley Chase' is there.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by babamoha(m): 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
PDP=peoples destroys party
PDP=pap drinking party
PDP=peoples demolitions party
Etc
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Maxymilliano(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
Is this not the same Authur Eze that spoke on behalf of the South-east leaders endorsing GEJ for second term? Not surprise he's putting his money where his heart is...

A business man will always remain a business man.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by DICKtator: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
I knew Orji would have time for such frivolity!!. If none of the PDP governors attended,I am sure He would be the only one to grace it.
Hope the author of the book chipped in the fact that Tukur's son is standing trial for the oil subsidy brouhaha?

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Elueme: 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
The governors have helped save our common resources by this act.. In as much as their presence doesn't improve the life of an average cassava flake seller in the village so it shouldn't be an issue here.. Let them go settle their differences if any and let the media mind their business as well.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by PHIPEX(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Can someone tell me why this man waited till now to write and launch his book, what is special about age 77 that is different from age 70? My mind tells me that he wants to capitalise on his current position in PDP to corner more of our collected national wealth.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by greaterlove(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I can't imagine anyone -with a 'life'- making out time in the day to read such a book ....not when 'James Hardley Chase' is there.
10000000 like grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by bowee4u: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
grin grin grin Weytin d man do u now
DICKtator: I knew Orji would have time for such frivolity!!. If none of the PDP governors attended,I am sure He would be the only one to grace it.
Hope the author of the book chipped in the fact that Tukur's son is standing trial for the oil subsidy brouhaha?
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by ghettodreamz(m): 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
It's quite obvious the other PDP Governors boycotted Tukur's Book Launch, I wonder if Orji really knows what he was taking about when he said he was representing his fellow debauched governors who had collectively agreed not to attend the occasion (boycott), but for his own interest and eye service he was there with his other few fellow colleagues. Come to think of it, these people are a disgrace to us, what impact would the launched book have on Nigeria's economy,decayed infrastructures, increasing rate of unemployment, bad road,bad railway network,failing air transport systems, epileptic power suppler, good and affordable health facilities among other basic amenities which Nigeria citizen were supposed to be enjoying as dividends of democracy. It's no doubt we have leaders in various arms of the government, but are these people really representing us in a good way? Obviously, hell no! Instead, they are so concerned about feathering their own nest at the expense of average Nigerians wallowing in abject poverty.

Abia State Governor Theodore Orji

Thank God he made that statement, perhaps what would happen if the 'Iroko' inside a forest is being cut down? Then the whole forest will become deforested and desolated, I hope all the Irokos under the PDP umbrella would be cut down someday soon, and the party's name be swept into the book of history of Nigeria government. Nigeria is indeed a blessed nation,but the longer the number of years all these gullible,pot-bellied leaders and enemies of democracy would live on our land, the more the skies of it's future began to darkens.

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by obicentlis: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
bowee4u: grin grin grin Weytin d man do u now

He is the worst fool tht ever existed. He is a disgrace to any village. You need to visit Aba. No single road is motorable. Clueless. Visionless. Retarden. Worst part is that he makes the loudest noise.

Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by ADidi1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
juman:

This make me remember the IROKO of Ondo State.
yea that's my man MIMIKO
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by aare07(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
those governor that were present have no long term objectives about 2015 presidential election- Kaduna Governor Mr. Patrick Yakowa is A Northern Christian, he is serving is first term in office, Vice president Sambo and him are from the same state- Kaduna.
To others- Abia State Governor is not much rooted with PDP before, and his son has destroyed the reputation of his father.
Reverse of the issue, Sule Lamido and Rotimi of River State(fingered candidate of OBJ AND IBB) cannot be on board ,because both of them are preparing to overcome Goodluck.
AND LOT MORE
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by tnktosin(m): 4:34am On Sep 17, 2012
ghettodreamz: Thank God he made that statement, perhaps what would happen if the 'Iroko' inside a forest is being cut down? Then the whole forest will become deforested and desolated, I hope all the Irokos under the PDP umbrella would be cut down someday soon, and the party's name be swept into the book of history of Nigeria government. Nigeria is indeed a blessed nation,but the longer the number of years all these gullible,pot-bellied leaders and enemies of democracy would live on our land, the more the skies of it's future began to darkens.

like like like like like like like
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by str8talk1: 5:11am On Sep 17, 2012
The loating of many is understandable.
Unfortunely, about 99% of the pple dat will hv a copy will nt even read it because d book has no academic value.
Re: PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 17, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Thumb up!

Election Result In Ward 18 Phalga L.G.A, Rivers State / Oyo Assembly Bans Smoking In Public Places / White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested