Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested (7990 Views)

Buhari’s Integrity’ll Soon Be Tested In Kogi / Mystery As Nigerian Couple Gives Birth To White Baby In Uk / Strange: Nigerian Couple In Uk Give Birth To A White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by snowdrops(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2010
THE WHITE baby born to a black Nigerian couple from south London will undergo full genetic tests in the coming weeks it has been revealed.

Four-day old Nmachi Ihegboro, who was born with blond hair and blue eyes, has baffled genetic experts because both her parents are black and have no known white family history. Both Ben and Angela Ihegboro are now desperately trying to discover whether they have any white ancestry to make sense of their baby daughter's appearance.

Mr Ihegboro, a devout Christian, said he had no reason to doubt little Namchi’s paternity. He said: “My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn’t been, the baby still wouldn’t look like that. “We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages – not saying anything.”

The 44-year-old customer services adviser did reveal that although he and his wife believe there are no whites on either side of their Nigerian family, his 70-year-old mother, Amebo has blue eyes.

The couple have agreed to let experts study Nmachi. Geneticist Dr Mark Thomas, of University College London said that the odds of the baby’s white colouring were “between many millions to one and a million to one”

He said: “I suspect there’s been a mixture of a mutation, like albinism, combined with a dormant white gene.”

Mr Ihegboro said they “would do what we can to find answers”

“It doesn’t matter to us quite how she came about, but we will do what we can to find answers. She’s a beautiful, miracle baby and we love her. She could be green and yellow – we would love her the same

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=17901
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
The woman berra open up if she has anything to hide.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by DisGuy: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2010
She's an Albino just a different type give her 3-4 yes the brownness will be creeping out slowly
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^^

i never see albino with blond straight hair

i seem to recall they have kinky hair
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by DisGuy: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
have you seen a new born albino baby?

the blond is a bit funny but it will turn kinky in a few months time especially considering the parents are naija,
after applying Adi Agbon and some few concoctions from back home wink
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by EzeUche(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
Remember that Africans have a diverse genome. If everyone died around the world, but Africa survived, most of the world's genes would survive since we the original man.

It is not far-fetched that a black couple can create a white baby. It is in our genes, since the original man came from Africa.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Pennywise(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2010
snowdrops:

THE WHITE baby born to a black Nigerian couple from south London will undergo full genetic tests in the coming weeks it has been revealed.
http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=17901

This is a subtle way of saying they want to determine paternity (among other things).
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by tpiah: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2010
i never see albino with blond straight hair

99.9 % of black babies are born with straight hair.

excepting the cute bald ones of course.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by snowdrops(m): 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
this should make maury/jerry springer
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Hauwa1: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2010
good move, i think she is an albino
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2010
snowdrops:

The 44-year-old customer services adviser did reveal that although he and his wife believe there are no whites on either side of their Nigerian family, his 70-year-old mother, [size=13pt]Amebo[/size] has blue eyes.

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!
LOL !
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Ilelobola: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
tpiah:

99.9 % of black babies are born with straight hair.

excepting the cute bald ones of course.

True. And most white babies are born bald or with very little hair. Chances are, her hair will turn afro in a few months like most black babies and she'll probably look like a very fair black child except with blond afro (like an albino though they say she isn't one).
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by sjeezy8: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
The baby is not WHITE

so what would be tested and for what?

like theyre saying as if she gave birth to a baby that looks like WHITE WOMANS baby.

That baby the couple had HAS black features from nose to hair texture-
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2010
In some cold dark room somwhere, the new moms is shaking like a leaf. . . . . .
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by sjeezy8: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hes the father of the baby- I dont doubt it

cause I know this igbo lady she has a son LIGHT SKIN - with red hair .

I wouldnt really call him albino cause he has red hair but da lil niggu is kinda albino tho- I dont kno how to explain it. Maybe theres varying degrees of albinoism or something.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
This is serious oh.
Hope this will not reveal any hanky panky by the wife oh.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Hauwa1: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
nothing wrong trying to get her genetical information

sjeezy8:

The baby is not WHITE

so what would be tested and for what?

like theyre saying as if she gave birth to a baby that looks like WHITE WOMANS baby.

That baby the couple had HAS black features from nose to hair texture-
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by kobikwelu(m): 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2010
by default, in everybody's mind

the question would be

" is this neigbour's pikin'

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by DisGuy: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
a previous one

wetin my Igbo brothers they chop sef, na palm oyel?  grin

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=17906
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by Travelista(f): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
This is the first time I'm reading that the man's mother is blue-eyed; the chances of him having a child with the same trait is there. On the other hand, blue eyes in old age are also a sign of high cholesterol. undecided
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by jamace(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hmnn. Black parent, oyibo pikin. Na wa o. Ok. Let me not comment further. The test shall tell.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by presido1: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2010
If the wife "hanky pankied" with oyibo the baby will be half-cast(More black features than white). Well let the test come out first for us to know. I read somewhere that two chineses couple in Nigeria born a black baby.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by sjeezy8: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
Dis Guy:

a previous one

wetin my Igbo brothers they chop sef, na palm oyel? grin

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=17906

exactly ive seen it in different igbo folks.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by THEAMAKA(f): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

Hes the father of the baby- I dont doubt it

cause I know this igbo lady she has a son LIGHT SKIN - with red hair .

I wouldnt really call him albino cause he has red hair but da lil niggu is kinda albino tho- I dont kno how to explain it. Maybe theres varying degrees of albinoism or something.

yeah. . .
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by ikenwan: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
I think this story is getting old. [i]If [/i]the mother did not cheat and genetic tests can prove this, then more likely than not, it's just the reappearance of the gene that makes some Igbo people lighter. It's natural, and it's been documented for over a century. Jamaican patois even have the terms "red Ibo" and "yellow Ibo" to describe black people with lighter skin tones. It is also were the American terms "red bone" or "yellow bone" comes from.

Hell, it isn't even just Igbo, I have a friend from the Congo with the same exact characteristic as the baby but without blue eyes.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by tpiah: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

then more likely than not, it's just the reappearance of the gene that makes some Igbo people lighter.

true, especially given the fact that very few people seem to know what an albino baby looks like.

from your link, it shows a form of albinism, just not the very severe type.

i dont know if there was a drop in nigerian albinism cases for a while, and if the rate is now climbing again or just that this particular case got over- publicized by the media.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^Do you realize that's a racist comment? undecided
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by tpiah: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^shut up.

and no, i didnt modify it because of you, i.diot.

quit stalking my posts btw, jobless thing.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by mamagee3(f): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^How old are you? 5?

Grow the heck up!, your rants are that of a little whining baby.

I just wanted to make it clear to you that your statement is offensive, that's just the point.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by tpiah: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
were.

abi you don born albino hence your bones are shaking?

beast of no gender.

i dont have your useless time o.

how's your surgeon husband from the netherlands, abi 190 don replace am?
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by sjeezy8: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2010
mama-gee:

^^How old are you? 5?

Grow the heck up!, your rants are that of a little whining baby.

I just wanted to make it clear to you that your statement is offensive, that's just the point.

albino . . . dad mom sis and bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

ActionAid - 80% Of Nigerians Not Living Above A-Dollar-A-Day / 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG / Nigerian Army Arrests Generals,senior Officers For Letting Boko Haram Take Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.