Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. (14714 Views)

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? / What Was The Worst April Fool Played On/by You? / Values, Morals Or Beliefs Your Parents Instilled In You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by DeGenius3(m): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
i can't really remember anytime i

outsmarted my parents. the thing is

i always had this stint in me that

i'll get caught.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by gees02(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
wen i was about to write common entrance, my mum used to lock me up in d study for 2 hours each day, she neva knew i hid my selected novel and game in the study each day prior to d reading time tongue
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by crackhouse(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ejiné: One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.
Chineke nna, come and see format.

Dad: Son, number 14 says "handling charging". What exactly is that?

Me: It's the levy that takes care of the charges for the handling.

Dad: Handling of what?

Me: It handles the charges.

Dad: Charges based on what exactly?

Me: The overall handling, of course.

Dad: How?

Me: I mean the charges.

Dad: Of what?!

Me: The handling!!!
ur Dad must be a stack illitrate for u to have tricked him with that.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by dapachez: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
My mum was a teacher in the same school i attended,emotan primary school. Her class is up and mine below and i wasnt allowed to play football,so what do i do,i just confined myself to the role of a keeper. By this move she can see kids play football but the post that i man is not within view except she comes to the balcony which she seldom does as breaktime is time for her to mark notes

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by free2ryhme: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
dapachez: My mum was a teacher in the same school i attended,emotan primary school. Her class is up and mine below and i wasnt allowed to play football,so what do i do,i just confined myself to the role of a keeper. By this move she can see kids play football but the post that i man is not within view except she comes to the balcony which she seldom does as breaktime is time for her to mark notes

smart kid!
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by free2ryhme: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
De-Genius:
i can't really remember anytime i

outsmarted my parents. the thing is

i always had this stint in me that

i'll get caught.

Mummy's Boi
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by masterpiecer(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
i wish the parents of all the 'confessors' in this thread could see this thread cry
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by masterpiecer(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
gees_02: wen i was about to write common entrance, my mum used to lock me up in d study for 2 hours each day, she neva knew i hid my selected novel and game in the study each day prior to d reading time tongue

no wonder u wrote common entrace 12x grin grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Ejine(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
crackhouse: ur Dad must be a stack illitrate for u to have tricked him with that.

Taaaa! Who says he fell for it? We just went on and on and on and on until he got fed up and said "I'll look into it", and that was it o! As a Civil Engineer, he had little time for that long talk. What he'll do is include the whole thing in the house money when leaving, unlike my momsie who was a lecturer.
Now, had it been for her? Jehovah God!! She for siddon wella, disect EVERY single detail, and everly everly, my arse would be grassss! grin
Whenever it came to money, we always ran to pops cuz we knew we could inflate shiit without him having a second look grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by greatgod2012(f): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
anytime a visitor give us money, all f us usually have a save-(kolo), which we normally put d money,i form dis habit of not completely putting d money in, so anytime i feel like buying junks i will just pull d money up and spend without anybody knowing and these money are usually used to buy extra thing 4 us during xmas period, so when it was a day b4 mum would demand d "kolo", i broke mine intentionally and pretended not knowing anything has happened,so d D-day, when we were all asked to bring our "kolo" i came back screaming dt d kolo had been broken by smbody else and d monies taken away, my mum beat all my siblings exept me with d notion dt they will confess. She didnt beat me because of dis adage "eni to nwa nkan nikan lara e mo"meaning its not possible 4 someone to steal his own thing, d4, i was exonerated, till today, dt was how d whole issue died.

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by PrinceJoe1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
To me what I did was not just a trick but a crime. As a secondary school boy consumed by the urge to drive before my time, I (alongside my cousin) attempted to drive one of our cars after popsy had gone out. We didn't pass the gate and the front (right hand side)of the car had been bashed already. Choiiiii. To make matters worse, it wasn't upto 2weeks before this time that the car was repainted after an initial accident. Hmmmmm.
Telling 'Papa' wasnt an option.....it was equal to suicide. Fixing the car was a better idea in our sight and believe it or not, we did. The way money appeared was miraculous. I just knw we coughed out the money...with offerings from our neighbor dat initially opened the gate n concerned friends in d hood. As God would have it, my parents went for evening church service giving us enough time to complete or mischief. More importantly, the fact that car paint was new was a blessing cos by the time we were through, the difference wasn't obvious. Incidentally, the panel-beater/painter we got was d same guy that had worked on the car 2 weeks earlier. Of course, we had him to thank for his maximum cooperation.
Till today, this deed is stil unknown....or so I think. My dad in blessed memory must have found out when he transcended to the realm where nothing is hidden.
God bless his Soul.

5 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by dapachez: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
crackhouse: ur Dad must be a stack illitrate for u to have tricked him with that.
its not a case of illitreacy when i was in the university a student gave a list to his father tuition fees was five thousand naira and school fees was two thousand seven fifty naira(the real sum total ) and tha father never bothered until the dude failed out of uniben( breeze blow fowl ynash open.))))
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by dapachez: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
back then in secondary school,football is for weekend simple as that but we must play it nau on weekdays,so after bout of choosing and monkey post.mumu like us will carry broom and sweep the compound and when dad comes in by 4pm he looks around as he alights from the car calls my pet name and shakes his head(an acknowledgement that i know what you did just that you didnt get caught.))))))
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kariolality: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
I attended federal polytechnic,Ede "staff" school<primary school>,.One day we just close from school,it was around mid-may that time,nd Mango don ripe well on the tree,as usual me and my friend,Afeez just went straight to pluck mango.The tree wasn't easy to climb so we decided to be throwing stone .I threw many stones i plucked two mangoes my friend too plucked the third friend join us,as we were throwing we just heard a sound "paooo", Poly Ede laboratory glass window don break,<we we carry our school bags,we wan begin to run bt unfortunately poly students don grip us,take us to one madam write our names<i wan put fake name but they take our note books to verify>...The madam then said "On Monday,i will take you to your Head Master and i want to see your parents....sleepless night on friday night cos of my cruel father.On saturday,i don think well on what to do so as to save my skin 4rm my father and d headmaster. On sunday morning b4 going to church,i told my mum of head-ache,in the evening, i told him again..i want to proof it to her that i was not joking<false proof>i went to bath,went to my room,off my shirt,on the fan and do like someone who is gonna die in few days time oo the bed..She later then call me for dinner,she didnt hear me answer her..Entered my room quickly gave me food,i ate little and gave me paracetamol...Next morning she tøk me to the clinic and she quickly tell me dnt go to school through out this week oo..The next friday,i quickly went to my class mate house living like few leagues away to confirm what happened to my friends,he told me dat HM disgrace them on monday nd tuesday that their back and hands is decorated with pankere marks nd was told that head master don travel nd wil be back two weeks time..CAN NEVER FORGET THAT DAY
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by pendusky(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
mom always won, infact she wil tell u wats on ur mind and who did a particular thing! grin

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
DELETED
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Ninilowo(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
bennyraz: If i actually share mine, my bro, my sis are on NL! They would figure me out and the thing is, they are hidding their username, so am i
with this confession of yours, you are already identified grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Ninilowo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
I used to be very brilliant in school but anyday we were given any difficult mathematics assignment that I could not handle,I will device a means not to attend school that day and it worked throughout my elementary school days.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by butterflyy(f): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
+ was in SSS2 and my parents are staunch catholics so they re always attending one gathering or d other n i was made to attend all too, if am not in d Block rosary things I will b in one of d church societies or d other, therez no way u can skip it, even when I say am sick, they will drive me to church and ask me to pray for healing. Then one day I told them I have running stomach n have to rush to toilet every other minute. They left without me so once in a while I use that n they never knew till now.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
When i was in sec school
my school fees is N21,700, my school had a private bank where we make payments
instead of me paying 21.7k i'll pay 1,700 for PTA after i received the teller i wld just quickly add "2" b4 1,700
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kariolality: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ninilowo: I used to be very brilliant in school but anyday we were given any difficult mathematics assignment that I could not handle,I will device a means not to attend school that day and it worked throughout my elementary school days.
So mathematics made u to miss school?..The fear of mathematics is the beginning of failure
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kfasian: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
My mum was always in the habit of spanking us with bare hands anytime we did something wrong. This hand-spanking was always worse than using cane. She is a teacher and still teaches till date. One nice evening, I messed up and she "landed" me gbua! gbua! bgbua! I lay down straight on the floor screaming only once and turning my eyes inside out. My mum rushed to me, she was afraid, held me up, started shivering and thinking that I had fainted as a result of the beating. She tried everything to "revive" me, yet I pretended the more. I joined my teeth together and they tried to use spoon to ensure that my teeth don't get locked. Sprinkled so much water on me. In the process of the "reviving" I finished 3 tins of peak milk alone, One big bottle of Lucozade, and was about to move up to some eggs, but not for the too much water that she sprinkled on me. I couldn't bear that any longer as the water had soaked me so much. Finally "I came back to life". Till today she doesn't beat with bare hands not even her pupils in school and she still make reference to that incidence even to my wife and kids not knowing I faked the entire scenario. I have confessed to my wife anyway, so whenever she talks about it, myself and my wife will be laughing.

16 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
kfasian: My mum was always in the habit of spanking us with bare hands anytime we did something wrong. This hand-spanking was always worse than using cane. She is a teacher and still teaches till date. One nice evening, I messed up and she "landed" me gbua! gbua! bgbua! I lay down straight on the floor screaming only once and turning my eyes inside out. My mum rushed to me, she was afraid, held me up, started shivering and thinking that I had fainted as a result of the beating. She tried everything to "revive" me, yet I pretended the more. I joined my teeth together and they tried to use spoon to ensure that my teeth don't get locked. Sprinkled so much water on me. In the process of the "reviving" I finished 3 tins of peak milk alone, One big bottle of Lucozade, and was about to move up to some eggs, but not for the too much water that she sprinkled on me. I couldn't bear that any longer as the water had soaked me so much. Finally "I came back to life". Till today she doesn't beat with bare hands not even her pupils in school and she still make reference to that incidence even to my wife and kids not knowing I faked the entire scenario. I have confessed to my wife anyway, so whenever she talks about it, myself and my wife will be laughing.
lol grin this trick works all the time.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by perez019(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
As a kid ma parents encouraged me to save whatever money I was given then mostly by visitors.. Buh as a sharp boi I kept d money in ma local safe(kolo) right in their veri eyes and later removed d money with d aid of a broom stick..spent all I had den on NASCO WAFERS
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by perez019(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
As a kid ma parents encouraged me to save whatever money I was given then mostly by visitors.. Buh as a sharp boi I kept d money in ma local safe(kolo) right in their veri eyes and later removed d money with d aid of a broom stick..spent all I had den on NASCO WAFERS

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by yinkhar(f): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
omorsexie: After using a spoon to take milo and milk frm d tin, my mum will leave d depression of d spoon, she wont shake d tin so dat she would know if smone takes out of it. After so much tots, I would take enof milo n milk the n kick d tins side ways and let them roll some feets away frm dr original position, so, she would tink smbdy mistakenly kicked them
haba
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by yinkhar(f): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
masterpiecer: i wish i got away with dis one but sadly enough, i was caught;

when i was a teen(17yrs), i brought home my girl friend after school, we had sex and i flushed the condom in the toilet but never checked to confirm it was properly flushed, o boy,
my mum came home pretty early, rushed to toilet to ease herself..., she was speechless.
It took me more than 2 weeks to get over the embarrassment
bad boi
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by yinkhar(f): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
ginnyluv: i n my siblings were never allowed to play with kids from my neighborhood not even on holz, it was read, sleep, eat, read ( was even beginning to think mum was punishing us for a crime we didnt do) anyways d daily routine was beginning to annoy d heck out of us n 1 day my criminal minded bro decided it was time to outsmart mum, we would play wit d oda kids, 1hr b4 her closure from work, we will shower, eat n spread our books so far apart n wit so much concentration u would wonder if we r anoda Einstein in d making.
too funny
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by BBDelta(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
I came from a very disciplined home, we were made to work hard, especially me first son. My Father was a Teacher. As early as 12 years I was already the dry cleaner in the house. My mum will pack all those "starched" brocade and babariga or Abada (we stayed in the north) for me to iron. We had this funny and weird pressing iron that was my tool. To lift the thing, men na serious weight lifting exercise.
Long story cut short, One day I given a heap of cloth to iron, which will take me a minimum of 3hrs to iron, pouring water on them. I was nodding my head (in dissatisfaction and annoyance) on the dinning while ironing and my parents were in the parlor just watching TV, all of a sudden my head hit the edge of the dinning door, I screamed and fell. Before you could say "jack robinson" blood of Jesus was being shouted all over the place and I heard the one that sparked something in me. "The iron dey shock!!!, I don talk am before" I quickly queued into it, come see me dey shake for ground and my tongue already coming out, my eyes were all going in.. MILK, MILK, MILK filled the Air!!! Oh Boy, I finish about 2 things of "three crown" milk.
Of course you know the rest; I was never made to iron for some good weeks even after the weird iron was replaced. Till today my parents still think say na electric shock me.... TRUE STORY BRO...I STILL SEE IT IN MY HEAD ...\O/

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nonnyrose: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=14pt]I cant remember a single event in which I outsmarted my mum.
She always won[/size]

u are so right my dear, my mum acts like she was a secret agent. A FBI or something and when she beats us to our game she will say "i was once a kid u know"

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by nikaShow(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Xxxxx
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by smartdude1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
dont have time to write much, but pretended to be feeling sleepy 20 mins after i am told to kneel down, my dad will just release me to go and sleep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why? / One Million Chasing 10,000 Police Jobs / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.