Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) - Art, Graphics & Video (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) (23016 Views)

Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira / Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest / Results Of Web Banner Design Contest For Nairaland Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Excelboi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
@seun, saw the link and the result! I would haave prefer you name the result by position of each designs on the first page (and post) of this thread, how about that?

1 Like

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by lordspiritual(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
Excelboi: @seun, saw the link and the result! I would haave prefer you name the result by position of each designs on the first page (and post) of this thread, how about that?
maybe he is discussing ranks with his panel..
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by ghettodreamz(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
Seun: Ok, I have just added all the people who submitted entries to this list, including those who submitted late. Results

We have seen the list of all entries, would you kindly release the ranking and the selected few any time soon? I'm sure almost all the contestants can't wait to see the rank and their names emerging on the 'Top Best Three' not to mention the number of contestants that have been viewing this page hundreds of time all day long, hoping their art design would be selected grin grin grin

Pls, publish the ranking and list of the winners ASAP.
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by sisqology(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
Thought that was d result ni? Is that d result or entries :-s
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by maclatunji: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
O ye my Graphics People, I have seen your handiwork and I love them. I appreciate and admire your creativity.

I want to encourage you guys to avoid bickering. I hope you understand that you're part of an on-going revolution. The Nairaland Ads market is more than big enough to accommodate all of you as long as you keep-up your creativity as well as service delivery.

I am only giving my opinion as a Nairalander who is impressed by what has emerged from this competition.
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by lightheart(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
maclatunji: O ye my Graphics People, I have seen your handiwork and I love them. I appreciate and admire your creativity.

I want to encourage you guys to avoid bickering. I hope you understand that you're part of an on-going revolution. The Nairaland Ads market is more than big enough to accommodate all of you as long as you keep-up your creativity as well as service delivery.

I am only giving my opinion as a Nairalander who is impressed by what has emerged from this competition.

Ye have spoken well!

To co-contestants, it was nice seeing other designs. Bad as e bad, we don tap somethings.
Now on to the next one!!

1 Like

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by sisqology(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
This Nairaland sef, Gurus too D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ :-e
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by william5: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
Sorry for being late with my remaining 2 entries. I was a bit under the weather embarassed
Feeling better now.

1 Like

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by eazyd(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
@Seun can you make the ads open target = "new"
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by unclenna(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
Wiz-Prince:

ah, its not fair. Before you Make Final Decision even if you're a judge, you have to look the time the last people posted their's...anyone who's time has passed 4:00pm, you have to disqualify that person and then check the rest again from the last page to the first page and then make your final judging... Thats how a good judge is suppose to do... I don't see what some of those people did that you just crowned them as winners.... PLEASE CROSS-CHECK OTHER'S DESIGN AND THEIR'S AGAIN, THEN YOU'LL SEE SOME DIFFERENCES....THANKS.
Am not the judge.......In football we have so many bodies that do the ranking.this is mine..........
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by lyndall: 12:55am On Sep 22, 2012
Not an entry or anything, but just killing some time...

grin

1 Like

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by timbros(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2012
Congratulations to all the contestants!!! Like Seun said, everyone is a winner.

I like the designs i see here. hmmmm how about organizing more contests like this? I love creativity and would like to participate in the future.. I suggest a business card/flyer design contest, how about that?

1 Like

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by KNET2: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
I wish to congratulate all the winners (and contestants).

@Seun (and the panel):
Let me apologize for not uploading the 154 X 95 Pixel (.PNG) for each design as well as not providing a link to my website.
I was involved in slight automobile accident later that last Thursday evening I uploaded that design. I actually planned to retouch and upload the designs the next day, Friday, but as fate would have it… I have been in clinic since then till this morning.
As for my website, my organization is currently undergoing rebranding, which include change of name & URL, and I deem it’s not in the best interest to jump ahead of the team.

I guess all odds were definitely against me as far as this contest is concerned, but it’s all good.

Thanks for this opportunity - it was a good one, and special thanks to all who appreciated my designs (@masterpiecer, @timbros, @unclenna, @Kslib, @toluxa1, @Seun) and others.

K.Net2

2 Likes

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by timbros(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
K.NET2:

@Seun (and the panel):
Let me apologize for not uploading the 154 X 95 Pixel (.PNG) for each design as well as not providing a link to my website.
I was involved in slight automobile accident later that last Thursday evening I uploaded that design. I actually planned to retouch and upload the designs the next day, Friday, but as fate would have it… I have been in clinic since then till this morning.
As for my website, my organization is currently undergoing rebranding, which include change of name & URL, and I deem it’s not in the best interest to jump ahead of the team.

I guess all odds were definitely against me as far as this contest is concerned, but it’s all good.

Thanks for this opportunity - it was a good one, and special thanks to all who appreciated my designs (@masterpiecer, @timbros, @unclenna, @Kslib, @toluxa1, @Seun) and others.

K.Net2

Oh damn! Sorry to hear your involved in an accident. I hope its not too serious and you are very ok now.
I'm quite sure you would have made it to top 5 if things had worked out well for u. Kudos... Hope to see you contesting fully in the future.
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
K.NET2:

I'm sorry about the accident. Can you complete the retouching and uploading of your design? You can still win...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Kslib(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
K.NET2:

@Seun (and the panel):

K.Net2
aww!! How are you doing now. I Wish you splendid health
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by THESuperman(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by THESuperman(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by KNET2: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
@Kslib/@timbros: I'm okay now, just some bruises here and there.
@Seun: Thanks Seun, you are very kind. See final designs (154 X 95px in PNG file format) below:

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Kslib(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
@knet not only are your design beautiful,but your words are also creative.. Kudos
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Seun(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2012
@k.net2: we will run your ads for a day as a gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by sultanemerald(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
I hope I didn't violate any rules?
Re: Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) by Uwadiegwu1: 5:02am On May 01, 2013
Seun: Dear Web Banner Advert Designers,

Our decision to use the 154 by 95 pixel format for direct ads on Nairaland was made for many good reasons, but it presents advertisers with a unique challenge which is also a unique opportunity for good graphic designers with a good understanding of marketing. The challenge of designing effective ads at that size.

To make things easier for our advertisers, I've decided to launch a web advert design contest. The rules are as follows:
1) Post your name or the name of your company, and a link to your website and portfolio.
2) Upload up to four original web adverts (154 by 95 pixel .png files), advertising your web advert design service.

Our small panel of judges will select the 3 best adverts (at least) and award the winners with free advertising worth ₦30,000 each.

Deadline: Friday, September 21, 2012 at 4:00pm. Please drop a reply if you intend to participate.

Thanks a million.

Results Of Web Banner Design Contest

Hello Seun,

Just curious and wanted to know what happened to Nairalist? Can you give me that link/open the window to integrate a site similar to that while you maintain a percentage from it. Please advise for more details
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shares His 3d Artworks / 3d Text Editing / Amazing Arts, Acrylic oil Paintings On Canvas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.