Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Obama Losing More American Votes From Romney Video Leak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Losing More American Votes From Romney Video Leak (744 Views)

Gani Adams: Buhari Should Forget Votes From South-west, We Don't Trust Hausa/ful / Is Chekwas Okorie's Candidacy A Threat To Jonathan's Votes From Igbos? / G15 Assures Jonathan Of Minimum Of 4M Votes From SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obama Losing More American Votes From Romney Video Leak by nairawall: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
COSTA MESA, Calif.—Mitt Romney stood by his comments captured on a hidden camera at a closed-door fundraiser earlier this year in which he called supporters of President Barack Obama "victims" and said they are reliant on government handouts.

In a hastily arranged news conference Monday night, he called his words "off the cuff" and "not elegantly stated," but given several opportunities to back off the comments, he did not.

Romney said he was merely talking about the "political process of drawing people into my own campaign." He described the incident as a "snippet of a question and answer session" and called on the full video to be released to show the question and his response in its full context.

Asked if he was worried that he had offended the 47 percent of people he mentioned in the statement, Romney did not back off his remarks.

"It's not elegantly stated, let me put it that way," Romney said. "I'm speaking off the cuff in response to a question, and I'm sure I can state it more clearly in a more effective way than I did in a setting like that and so I'm sure I'll point that out as time goes on."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-stands-comments-video-says-were-not-elegantly-032830339--election.html

(1) (Reply)

CPC, ACN, ANPP To Merge In 2014 —investigation / Ouk Youths...dr.orji Uzor Kalu And The Oni Of Ife / See The Anti- Islam Video That Is Causing Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.