Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,126 members, 7,953,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan (9929 Views)

[picture] Proof That #maypac Fight Was Staged / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the January nationwide protest over the total removal of subsidy from petroleum was stage managed by a class of Nigerians who wanted the status quo of corruption in that sector to remain.

He said it was not carried out by ordinary Nigerians who wanted to communicate their grievances to their government.

Mr Jonathan, who disclosed this at the 52nd Independence anniversary lecture with the title, Nigeria: Security, Development and National Transformation, said it was the responsibility of Government to provide the enabling environment for development but it was left for the citizens to ensure enforcement.

Responding to the issue of the January protest raised by one of the discussants and the Director of Centre for Democracy and Development, Jibril Ibrahim, President Jonathan said, “Let me touch on what Prof. Ibrahim said about the January subsidy protest, yes you said the citizens were right, in a way they may be right, in a way they were also misinformed. If you had followed the last Earth Summit in Brazil, about two countries came out to condemn the issue of subsidizing hydro carbon all over the world. They stated that subsiding hydro carbon does not bring development.

“Look at the demonstrations back home, look at the areas this demonstrations are coming from, you begin to ask, are these the ordinary citizens that are demonstrating? Or are people pushing them to demonstrate.

“Take the case of Lagos, Lagos is the critical state in the nation’s economy, it controls about 53 per cent of the economy and all tribes are there. The demonstration in Lagos, people were given bottled water that people in my village don’t have access to, people were given expensive food that the ordinary people in Lagos cannot eat. So, even going to eat free alone attracts people. They go and hire the best musician to come and play and the best comedian to come and entertain; is that demonstration? Are you telling me that that is a demonstration from ordinary masses in Nigeria who want to communicate something to government?

“For me, if I see somebody is manipulating anything, I don’t listen to you, but when I see people genuinely talking about issues, I listen. I am hardly intimidated by anybody who wants to push any issue he has. I believe that that protest in Lagos was manipulated by a class in Lagos and was not from the ordinary people.

“Government everywhere must create environment for development and transformation, so I agree the lead must be the government but the people must be the implementator if we must transform our country”.

Mr Jonathan also alleged that because of interest in 2015 election, the media were being used to abuse the privileges of the Freedom of Information Act to the point of overheating the system.

“The key issue we are discussing is about peace and development and of course we all know that there is no way you can talk about development when you have a lot of crisis. In fact some people make more money when there is crisis and when there are crises it’s like a country in a state of emergency, anything goes.

“Crisis is one aspect but generally if there is no peace is extremely difficult for the ordinary people to survive though big players in economy may survive. Ordinary citizens having small and medium enterprises cannot come out to do business during crisis and of course it affects the economy. So you must have peace to develop.

“Peace is one of the cardinal marks of a leader. In the monarchy in the olden days, the king had maximum power, but for your kingdom to be stable, you must have the military strength. So without stability of any state we cannot develop.

“I agree totally with President Kufour who really gave us the breakdown of the kind of security situation that we have.

“When you talk of insecurity of using bombs and guns to kill people, what has been described as physical security, but in terms of social security, food security, health and the justice system all have to do with the security of individual.

“But I believe what we face in Nigeria though not peculiar to us; one of our greatest problems is what I described as political security.
Government can continue to provide physical security but also very important is the political security. When you have unending political conflicts in Nigeria, the country cannot develop.

“I believe political security is a big issue. There is this axiom that the pen is mightier than the sword. The sword is used to kill and destroy, but what we use the pen to do is also very critical. When you have society with these unending political conflicts, it is there on the media whether print, electronic or social media, it brings a lot of insecurity to the system and sometimes people begin to doubt your government.

“For example, when we were contesting election, we promised it will be free and fair, I was convinced I must do that even if I will lose the election. After our election in 2007, even the presidents in our neighbouring West African states were finding it difficult to congratulate us because the observers felt the election was not properly done. That hounded us even when we travelled out and I promised myself that if I have the opportunity to preside over election, I will do something different even at my expense at least for the sake of the country. And we did that but unfortunately, even though there were crisis in some parts of the country, observers felt the election was reasonably free and fair compared to others. But immediately after that election, not quite six months, the kind of media hype that started hitting us made us to stop and ask where this coming from?

“I said, I did not just come out from the blues to contest the election, I was deputy governor for six and half years, I was a governor for one and half years, I was a vice president, and before election, I was the president up to April when the elections were conducted, people knew me. So, within this period, including when I even acted, if I was that bad, will people have voted for me? So for Nigerians to have voted for me overwhelmingly, that means there must have been something they were expecting and definitely six months would have been too short to pass any valid judgement. But the media condemned me.

“And I believe is not just the media, like when we talk about the Boko Haram, we have political Boko Haram, religious Boko Haram and criminal Boko Haram. So also in the media, you have the professional media and the political media. That is why I talk about the political media, because of the interest of 2015, whatever you do is immaterial, the government must be brought down. And that mentality cuts across most African countries and even outside Africa.

“So addressing insecurity is critical in developing African state. When you have this ending political conflict especially in a country like Nigeria that is highly religious and with high ethno-tribal sentiments, it becomes very potent to even create a lot of problems for government.

“So I will plead with us as Nigerians that whenever we elect government into power at whatever level, at least for the sake of the country, allow the government to work before going into unnecessary overheating the system.

“When you talk of providing infrastructure, whether power, water, there is nothing you can use the magic wand to provide for the people, it takes time. To build your personal house, there must take a good number of days not to talk of infrastructure like power in a country like Nigeria and with the challenges we have and so on and so forth.

“I believe our great problem is political conflict, for a typical politician, the day you win election is the day you start the next election.

“So as government, we are committed to creating the environment. I’m quite pleased with the way President Kufour spoke on the issue of transformation. I agree that the leader must be the key actor for transformation, but those who will implement are the citizens. For instance, during the election, we advocated one man one vote, we were totally committed and I said it that nobody should rig election for me. But Nigerians believed that we were sincere and because they knew we were sincere, that took the life of its own. No, I don’t need to go and preach again. We have monitored elections in Edo and other places, nobody wants to compromise with his vote. It’s government that created that environment, but it’s not government that will enforce it, it is the citizen.

“That is why we are a bit worried that sometimes when government create the environment, whether economic, social or even the media, but how the citizens use those privileges matters so much.

“Take the media environment for instance, we signed the Freedom of Information Bill into law, it became the Freedom of Information Act, but are we using it in the way we are suppose to use it? Are some of us not abusing the privileges? The media environment that should have helped our transformation agenda are being used negatively, these are some of the issues we need to address.

“The way Nigerians challenge and abuse me, yes the President has enormous power, but if you use that enormous power to some extent, you will look like a dictator. In a democratic setting, you want to create an environment where people can create their opinion and that is why people are allowed to talk freely and demonstrate. But are we doing so properly”.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/18/jonathan-says-subsidy-protest-was-stage-managed/

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by ochukoccna: 4:22am On Sep 19, 2012
Just how silly can our president get?
If 'ordinary' people i.e. masses were not involved,is it savvy people who flooded Ojota for food&a musical concert?
All the 'sponsors' did was harvest public anger&redirect @ Aso rock
Were SW protesters 'sponsored' to attack SW senators in Ibadan?
Was the protest 'sponsored' in 4 geo-political zones?
Were SS&SE not 'sponsored' to sit @ home?
For him to speak 8/9 months after indicates he's still bleeding from it
Let him beware cos blood draws in sharks

19 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Mustay(m): 4:41am On Sep 19, 2012
“Take the case of Lagos, Lagos is the critical state in the nation’s economy, it controls about 53 per cent of the economy and all tribes are there. The demonstration in Lagos, people were given bottled water that people in my village don’t have access to, people were given expensive food that the ordinary people in Lagos cannot eat. So, even going to eat free alone attracts people. They go and hire the best musician to come and play and the best comedian to come and entertain; is that demonstration? Are you telling me that that is a demonstration from ordinary masses in Nigeria who want to communicate"

---o-------o----o-----

Wo, this man is interested in seeing dead people (protest). Were the ones in Kano for example sponsored? His analysis is flawed - he's not even ashamed to tell the world that people in his village lack potable drinking water less talk of bottled water. The ordinary masses don't need to suffer and come out protesting without shoes or showing a National Poverty ID card before we can attest that they're poor. Moreover, you're meant to govern ALL Nigerians irrespective of their 'class'.

If he even mentioned that those protests could have been hijacked, it doesn't still deviate from the fact that there were issues that affected Nigerian citizens on the burner. Our government has continuously demonstrated bad governance by not tolerating criticisms and diverting our attention always from the issue!!!

It's the same way Abati came out insulting the same social media his employer used to announce his presidential bid this week 2 years ago.

Shame Shame Shame

Btw, Mr. President, which class do you belong to?

10 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by PaulJohn1: 5:08am On Sep 19, 2012
ochukoccna: Just silly can our president get?
If 'ordinary' people i.e. masses were not involved,is it savvy people who flooded Ojota for plate of food&a musical concert?
All the 'sponsors' did was harvest public anger&redirect @ Aso rock
Were SW protesters 'sponsored' to attack SW senators in Ibadan?
Was the protest 'sponsored' in 4 geo-political zones?
Were SS&SE not 'sponsored' to sit @ home?

For him to speak 8/9 months after indicates he's still bleeding from it
Let him beware cos blood draws in sharks
Couldn't say better.
The fact that only SW protested doesn't mean the protect was sponsored.
Lagosians "don't give a damn about whatever trash he says".
They didn't inform anyone, but went ahead to make that senseless move on the first day of the year. People have spent all they've gotten on Christmas celebration and new year eve. Entering a new year with expectation of working and getting your cash, he and his cabinet brought in the fuel subsidy palava, and you're expecting people to be mute.
If other regions can keep quiet on actions that won't favor the common man, that doesn't mean the SW should follow their dumb act.
If not for the protest that took place in Ojota(Lagos) with over a million people, and that of Lekki which is of rich people capable of buying the fuel at any amount but came out to protest, I can bet with anyone that petrol would have been sold for not less than N160 in Nigeria today.
It was this move from the SW that save the common man from other regions to still be able to purchase fuel at a price as much as N97 and not even more.

He's used to blaming opposition of any slight issue that arises which are mainly westerners. undecided
Can't he learn from how his drunken master OBJ addresses issues when he was in office? The only think that he has not blamed his self made opposition(westerners) of is Boko Haram issue.

He is meant to be a civilian president, don't know where he has gotten his idea from of using military officers on civilians, like he did in Lagos during the protest.
Why can he do the same by wiping an entire community off where boko haram are suspected to be, but he said they're his people. When a suicide bomber is you people and protesting civilians are your enemies, I think something is wrong.

This man better get organised and stop putting blames on people/Opposition

10 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Pataki: 5:46am On Sep 19, 2012
The Rambling Of A Mad President.

Help! Help!! Help!!! Our President has gone mad! Reading this madness from the President of the most populous black nation on earth, my heart froze. Does this bear to resemblance that the black man is not capable of having a leader that articulates and reasons within the comfort zone of intelligence and sheer common sense? Or how else do we explain the illogical, nit-wit, and cassava brained bunkum that the well known Retardeen has just ranted out? Take for example:
The demonstration in Lagos, people were given bottled water that people in my village don’t have access to, people were given expensive food that the ordinary people in Lagos cannot eat. So, even going to eat free alone attracts people.
What does our Mad President mean as ''expensive food''? Is pure water now a luxury in Nigeria? Or perhaps, ofada rice, poff poff, buns, amala, etc now luxury food during a protest? Who are the ordinary people in Lagos that cannot afford the so-called ''expensive food''? Is Otueke now the living standard for people in Lagos in the eyes of our Retardeen? Why Why Why must this man offend our senses on a persistent basis? Even the periodic table cannot compete with the periodic foooolishness of our President.

Going further, our Mad President stated in respect to security that:
When you talk of insecurity of using bombs and guns to kill people, what has been described as physical security, but in terms of social security, food security, health and the justice system all have to do with the security of individual.
Apparently, our Mad President does not know the meaning of food security. Sir - our mad President, before you open your idiotic cassava infested mouth again, according to FAO, food security is defined as:
a condition whereby “all people at all times, have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life
This is not an individual thingy retardeen. Stop inhaling that obnoxious gas from your arse, you doofus of a President. When you mention health security, where is your wife today? Why is the nation not able to treat her own first lady in the country which you preside over, and you dare to mean to health security being for individuals? How many Nigerians can have afford health security checks abroad? You are truly MAD!

16 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by micklplus(m): 5:56am On Sep 19, 2012
He is obviously a basket mouth with a leaking brain! Someone should tell jona to forgo propaganda and he should do away with his mumu advisers!

Who bribed who in lagos during the occupynigeria protest in january? Ok,we were bribed with "pure water and gala" lol! Who bribed the people in kano, abuja, ibadan etc?

These people were shocked that, they couldn't manipulate people with money for the first time hence, the assertion that, lagos protest was staged!!!

What a grand cluelessness by a mad president!

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by micklplus(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2012
^^ @pataki, well said jare!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Chubhie: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Gej to me really dont know the power of an angry mob....... He should better hid the works of Karl max from the masses....Our political structures needs to be pulled down so as to make room for the right minds to assume postions of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Mustay(m): 7:00am On Sep 19, 2012
He chose the NBA gathering to state without any evidence that he's the most criticised president in the world (perhaps the world means this his village he likes to serve as reference point).

He chose to not "give a damn"about declaration of his assets on NTA & Radio Nigeria (broadcasting to millions of Nigerians).

He's reminding us of the effect of his cruel policy when Nigerians are currently suffering from fuel scarcity.

He visited the Abuja stadium some days ago when the Eagles were training there and was displeased with the state of the stadium which can presently not host even inter-house sports' competition of a school - Mr President set up a committee to look into the bad state of the stadium.

He ordered the honours committee to revoke awards given to recipients not deserving of the national awards just as he was presenting to another set of awardees. This same man last year said the criteria for choosing such people will be reviewed.

He setup SURE-P then later said, the 'sure no too sure like that' again because Nigerians didn't 'allow' him to SURELY implement deregulation programme 100%.

He blames BH for derailing the objectives of his government and bla bla bla

This government is at best LAUGHABLE. This man should not even think about 2015 cos by that year, Nigerians woulda been under his leadership for nearly 6 years. As Nigerians are very religious people who usually don't practice what they preach, iPhone5 iPray5 that this government is blessed with the wisdom to better the life of the citizenry. Seriously, I hope he's taught those who let sentiments becloud objectivity especially during elections some lessons.

Smh

8 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. President,
you must realise that as a leader of the jungle called Nigeria, you must be hated and criticised no matter what.

Just do your bit and let the haters continue their hate.

There are some of us who are totally in support of your transformation agenda.

Sir, please find a way to revisit the subsidy issue; the sooner it is removed completely, the better.

Finally, note that the mis-Amalgamation of called Nigeria cannot make any proper progress until we find a National Ideology.

I wish you well!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Are we building pipes or hurling buckets? Most of d responses u ve made shows how myopic some of u are. Besides d west and abuja, can anyone here tell me where else there was SERIOUS protest on d subsidy palavar. I don't care about politics dat much but for d first time in a long time, I see hope in d power sector. All u need do is travel round d country and see d infrastructure on power being built. By d end of 2015 I'm sure constant power will be available to all states. It depends on ur governors to make sure d distribution is done his state. If d only tin GEJ achieves is availability of power, dats e nof for me. But I know he will do more dan that. All you haters can go jump in d river benue!
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2012
Oko_AGB: Are we building pipes or hurling buckets? Most of d responses u ve made shows how myopic some of u are. Besides d west and abuja, can anyone here tell me where else there was SERIOUS protest on d subsidy palavar. I don't care about politics dat much but for d first time in a long time, I see hope in d power sector. All u need do is travel round d country and see d infrastructure on power being built. By d end of 2015 I'm sure constant power will be available to all states. It depends on ur governors to make sure d distribution is done his state. If d only tin GEJ achieves is availability of power, dats e nof for me. But I know he will do more dan that. All you haters can go jump in d river benue!

Please, I implore you, in the name of the civilised 20th Century generation, do not join issues with those whose language are so primitive that they cannot communicate without displaying gangsterism.

It shows to a great extent the kind of nuturing they had from the cradle and the modern society is the one populated by minds infested with falsehood, hate and selfishness.

I read some of the posts in Nairaland and I get really concerned about my children and the kind of society I will leave behind for them.

Sure, it might be late to influence these generation of degenarates towards nobility, respect and dignity, we must work hard to imbibe in our children virtues as suitable for a civilised people.

My only challenge is the falsehood of a nation called a Nigeria: shall we ever arise and brake away from the shackles of twin demons of relgion and ethnic divisions to form a common National Ideology?

May the good Lord help us.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2012
Of course,we know. They can only try,but who can intimidate the GCFR? Anyway, we all know the true story of the subsidy protest and the lies that pushed people to the streets.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Godmann(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2012
Oko_AGB: Are we building pipes or hurling buckets? Most of d responses u ve made shows how myopic some of u are. Besides d west and abuja, can anyone here tell me where else there was SERIOUS protest on d subsidy palavar. I don't care about politics dat much but for d first time in a long time, I see hope in d power sector. All u need do is travel round d country and see d infrastructure on power being built. By d end of 2015 I'm sure constant power will be available to all states. It depends on ur governors to make sure d distribution is done his state. If d only tin GEJ achieves is availability of power, dats e nof for me. But I know he will do more dan that. All you haters can go jump in d river benue!

Zombie

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2012
What is this nonsense?

Take the case of Lagos, Lagos is the critical state in the nation’s economy, it controls about 53 per cent of the economy and all tribes are there. During the demonstration in Lagos, people were given bottled water that people in my village don’t have access to, people were given expensive food that the ordinary people in Lagos cannot eat. So even going to eat free food alone attracts people. They go and hire the best musician to come and play and the best comedian to come and entertain, is that demonstration? Are you telling me that that is a demonstration from ordinary masses in Nigeria who want to communicate something to government?

Were the protests only in Lagos? The protest didn't even start in Lagos. They started in the north and spread to other parts of Nigeria, and then South Africa, and then England, and then the United States. So who bribed the protesters in J'burg and New York?

Who were the hired musicians? Banky W and Seun Kuti? If protesters are the unpatriotic Nigerians, then what does that make him and other criminals politicians? Among the unpatriotic Nigerians are the aforementioned plus Femi Falana, Dino Melaye, Wole Soyinka, and other supporters.

Once again, he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. "Open mouth, talk, pray I make sense". GEJ, you never do.

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by takedat(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2012
GEJ always shoot before he aims.The only President in the world with self esteem problem,always thinking some set of people are out to get him.Truely a shoeless and clueless man

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by revomind(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2012
Love the way you guys call Goodluck "Retardeen" ! Harsh much but hardly unjustifiable.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by taharqa: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2012
Godman_n:

Zombie
And you actuali just proved his point...u guys are just completely gone; yr hatred will unfortunate kill u guys, slowly
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by micklplus(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2012
ogugua88: What is this nonsense?

Were the protests only in Lagos? The protest didn't even start in Lagos. They started in the north and spread to other parts of Nigeria, and then South Africa, and then England, and then the United States. So who bribed the protesters in J'burg and New York?

Who were the hired musicians? Banky W and Seun Kuti? If protesters are the unpatriotic Nigerians, then what does that make him and other criminals politicians? Among the unpatriotic Nigerians are the aforementioned plus Femi Falana, Dino Melaye, Wole Soyinka, and other supporters.

Once again, he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. "Open mouth, talk, pray I make sense". GEJ, you never do.

well said. Thanks my dear.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by DuduNegro: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
I read this article and I am ashamed to point to GEJ as my president. Jonathan need to go back to school....not to learn how to read and write but to be taught the dynamics of political leadership.

In Yorubaland this guy will never make it to a State house of assembly much more a national political office.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by taharqa: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2012
I disagree to some extend wit the president on dis one. Myself and most of d persons who opposed d way d subsidy removal was handled did so cos we strongly thought d govt shld hv done certain things 1st b4 asking d rest of us to bear d consequences of d mess created by generations of same ruling elites(many of us were not even against d removal of d subsidy per say if certain steps were taken b4 d removal ). The January event was mainly many 9jarians electing to vent dier frustrations on d state of d nation and DEMANDING changes on how they were been governed going forward- channelling such frustrations tru the subsidy issue. Though on hindsight, it is very believable dat some persons tried to steer d protest away 4rm d reasons most of the protesters were doing so in order to achieve peculiary and utterly selfish gains(wot wit some of these ppl towards d end of protests calling 4 change in govt- didnt realise d significance and shenanigans of such moves then but now i know much better); still most of d protesters came out of dier personal convictions even though some persons may hv sought to hijack it. The President shld be so adviced and conc on wot he is doing currently(which are fundamental and forward thinking ); he shld also continue to pursue dose things that we demanded he did in January some of which he seems to be doing(improvements in the rails and oda alternative modes of transportation, clean up of the fuel importation scheme, prosecution of suspected subsidy thieves, reduction of demorage costs on the high sea, reduction of cost of governance, repairs of existing refinaries and improving d environment to encourage new private refiners etc) after which he shld take steps to completely remove d Subsidy, maybe some time late next yr or early 2014.....i endorse every other thing he said esp d growth of the 'political media' these days- which is a shame
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Chubhie: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: I read this article and I am ashamed to point to GEJ as my president. Jonathan need to go back to school....not to learn how to read and write but to be taught the dynamics of political leadership.

In Yorubaland this guy will never make it to a State house of assembly much more a national political office.
meh the tin tire me o. Just a glance through the social and political thoughts of the Great Awo with a wash down of Awo as a philosopher by Prof AKin MAkinde will do some magic on him. The Great Awo is a man i have much respect for! How come our worst always seem to find a way to attain positions of leaderships?
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by DuduNegro: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2012
Chubhie: meh the tin tire me o. Just a glance through the social and political thoughts of the Great Awo with a wash down of Awo as a philosopher by Prof AKin MAkinde will do some magic on him. The Great Awo is a man i have much respect for! How come our worst always seem to find a way to attain positions of leaderships?

It is sad that this guy is a professor and on top of that has a combined 15 or more years in elected office but yet talks to the country like a motor park thug high on pcp.
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Mustay(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
noblezone:
I read some of the posts in Nairaland and I get really concerned about my children and the kind of society I will leave behind for them.

Sure, it might be late to influence these generation of degenarates towards nobility, respect and dignity, we must work hard to imbibe in our children virtues as suitable for a civilised people.

Ensure your children 'like' Social studies in primary school and Government in secondary school - at least, they 'll know the basic functions of govt, the history of Nigeria and their duties as citizens. When someone thinks provision of adequate power supply is enough achievement for any government as their actual duty, then you blame the knowledge gap.

8 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Chubhie: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

It is sad that this guy is a professor and on top of that has a combined 15 or more years in elected office but yet talks to the country like a motor park thug high on pcp.
methinks tis not too late for him to atleast learn on the job-by surrounding himself with the best minds as advisors same will flow and rob off on him but surround your self with psychos bad advisors,you also get same effect. He seems a good guy on a personal level but not yet good enough for the nigerian suituation. To help Gej a lil to diffuse the public outcry to do away with him, som birds bin talk say for ash rock,e get one strong room wan e bi say na only elected presidents only get access to the yamayam wan ebi dey inside. Dem say na highly classified infos berekete for dere n tins wan also dey dere r self destructive to person wan clean am. So solider come solider go d strong room still remain. He has seen tins beyond him..tins he wished he knew eariler.
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by iykak47: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: I read this article and I am ashamed to point to GEJ as my president. Jonathan need to go back to school....not to learn how to read and write but to be taught the dynamics of political leadership.

You are right, you really need to be ashamed of yourself for being a liar.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by DuduNegro: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2012
Chubie,

Fashola is too genteel and respectful......but he needs to give a raw response to the president or delegate the role to someone with a temperament like Aregbesola who can unleash humiliation from the tip of the tongue.
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by banki(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Well if this story is true .....then it goes to show you that the president is not in tune with the true feellings of the people of the country, so he thinks someone sponsored people that were in thier villages....no one sponsored me i was at ojota, i was in Abuja....

I am totaly for the deregulation of the oil industry,but things must be done right, why did the federal government of nigeria under GEJ pay so much in fuel subsidy over a short period of time, who allowed it, who signed the payments who inspected the vessels, who even gave people that have no business in fuel importation licence, who is responsible for the fraud....? when this questions are answered lets ask who are the companies involved, any one found guilty must be prosecuted if your a government worker sacked if your a private individaul your licence stripped!

lets face the truth and stop roaming around in circles

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by Chubhie: 11:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Chubie,

Fashola is too genteel and respectful......but he needs to give a raw response to the president or delegate the role to someone with a temperament like Aregbesola who can unleash humiliation from the tip of the tongue.
talking bout Aregbe, he is a radical i was in osun during the election between him and oyini o. Both parties fougt each other to a stand still even usn african juju in the process. His people loved him and stood by him through it all untill Pdp were chased outta town. I suspect him to be a marxist to the bone but am no longer around to follow up on how he is doing. Unfortunatly, both Pdp and Acn online propagandist wont allow neuturals get the real facts on ground. I still have my doubts bout fashola. Osho was at one point in time showing signs maybe he has lost steam for now. I see some potientials in Osho and Aregbe only if that potiential can be refined and fine tuned a lil more.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by DuduNegro: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2012
Chubhie: talking bout Aregbe, he is a radical i was in osun during the election between him and oyini o. Both parties fougt each other to a stand still even usn african juju in the process. His people loved him and stood by him through it all untill Pdp were chased outta town. I suspect him to be a marxist to the bone but am no longer around to follow up on how he is doing. Unfortunatly, both Pdp and Acn online propagandist wont allow neuturals get the real facts on ground. I still have my doubts bout fashola. Osho was at one point in time showing signs maybe he has lost steam for now. I see some potientials in Osho and Aregbe only if that potiential can be refined and fine tuned a lil more.

......potentials for what?
Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by banki(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2012

I wonder why you think people that critisize the government for wrong policies as "Haters" when they voted GEj in they were not Haters, When the protested for him to be made acting president they were not haters,i have travelled round the country during the time of obasanjo power projects were in full swing,when Yaradua was there same thing, so what are you saying, power improvement!

I am sure you are not aware that people could not realy gather in the north because of obvious reasons and even when they tried Boko Haram took over, thats why Channels Tv reporter Eneche was killed! in the East people were stranded and could not travel am sure you know the distance from the villages to the state capital, stop decieving yourself

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan by bubadaniel13: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
The truth of the matter is that,the protest started well,but it was later hijacked by people who are bitter,sentimental and abusive,therefore GEJ is not too far from the truth,we saw it all over the media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawyers: Can The UN Force A Referendum On Nigeria? / Anambra 2017 Election: Obiano Picks APGA Governorship Nomination Form / More Facts Emerge Following Sack Of DSS Boss By Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.