Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him (1845 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Mercy Of The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) With Kids / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by Saintparis1: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2012
How would the prophet of islam reacted to the movie muslim deemed insulting to him? Muslims and Many muslim leaders have called for prosecution of the film producer that depicts Muhammad as a fool and a womanizer. Muslims in the arab world has reacted violently to the movie burning US and German embassies, event which also resulted to death of US ambassador to Libya Stevens. If the prophet was here how would he have reacted? Let's take a look @ how he treated those that insulted;

A Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet and say bad things about him,[/color] so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet ruled that no blood money was due in this case. (Abu Dawud 4349)

From Ibn Sa`d's Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir , translated by S. Moinul Haq, volume 2, pages 30-31.
SARIYYAH OF `UMAYR IBN `ADI
Then (occurred) the sariyyah of `Umayr ibn `Adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against `Asma' Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the hijrah of the apostle of Allah. `Asma' was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses. Umayr Ibn Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced up to her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the prophet at al-Medina. The apostle of Allah said to him:"Have you slain the daughter of Marwan?" He said:"Yes. Is there something more for me to do?" He [Muhammad] said: "No. Two goats will butt together about her. This was the word that was first heard fromthe apostle of Allah. The apostle of Allah called him `Umayr, "basir" (the seeing).
These killings included his old enemies who had personally mocked and rejected him, including two slave girls who had made up songs about him:
"He had two singing girls, Fartana and her friend, who used to sing satirical songs about the apostle, so he ordered that they should be killed" (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 819)

After killing several of those who insulted him, even Muhammad's own community was in such fear that they would even kill their own family members who were critical of him to avoid his vengeance. One man even killed his own wife in the presence of their young children:

A blind man had a slave-mother [his wife, the mother of his children] who used to abuse the Prophet (pbuh) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (pbuh) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. Abu Dawud 38:4348 .

Muhammad was told about the gruesome murder the next day and naturally offered his approval. The woman had insulted him and therefore deserved to die.

angry
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by koolJ1(f): 11:11am On Sep 19, 2012
angryAllahu akbar!!!

Prophet Muhammed (WAS)
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by manmacho: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
am sure this is not true can any muslim in the house refute this
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by proo212(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Kool J if you have evidence verses of the Quran or hadiths you can use them. No need for mocking with what you put in brackets. And I'm not Muslim.

@manmacho, Google is your friend. No need posting website where you can find these as they might be anti-islamic websites.
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by LagosShia: 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
Saint paris: How would the prophet of islam reacted to the movie muslim deemed insulting to him? Muslims and Many muslim leaders have called for prosecution of the film producer that depicts Muhammad as a fool and a womanizer. Muslims in the arab world has reacted violently to the movie burning US and German embassies, event which also resulted to death of US ambassador to Libya Stevens. If the prophet was here how would he have reacted? Let's take a look @ how he treated those that insulted;

A Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet and say bad things about him,[/color] so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet ruled that no blood money was due in this case. (Abu Dawud 4349)

From Ibn Sa`d's Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir , translated by S. Moinul Haq, volume 2, pages 30-31.
SARIYYAH OF `UMAYR IBN `ADI
Then (occurred) the sariyyah of `Umayr ibn `Adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against `Asma' Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the hijrah of the apostle of Allah. `Asma' was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses. Umayr Ibn Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced up to her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the prophet at al-Medina. The apostle of Allah said to him:"Have you slain the daughter of Marwan?" He said:"Yes. Is there something more for me to do?" He [Muhammad] said: "No. Two goats will butt together about her. This was the word that was first heard fromthe apostle of Allah. The apostle of Allah called him `Umayr, "basir" (the seeing).
These killings included his old enemies who had personally mocked and rejected him, including two slave girls who had made up songs about him:
"He had two singing girls, Fartana and her friend, who used to sing satirical songs about the apostle, so he ordered that they should be killed" (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 819)

After killing several of those who insulted him, even Muhammad's own community was in such fear that they would even kill their own family members who were critical of him to avoid his vengeance. One man even killed his own wife in the presence of their young children:

A blind man had a slave-mother [his wife, the mother of his children] who used to abuse the Prophet (pbuh) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (pbuh) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. Abu Dawud 38:4348 .

Muhammad was told about the gruesome murder the next day and naturally offered his approval. The woman had insulted him and therefore deserved to die.

angry

Here is a rebuttal to the article you plagiarized:

http://muslim-responses.com/Abu_Afak_and_Asma/Abu_Afak_and_Asma_
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by tbaba1234: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Sam Shamoun of Answering-Islam has written an article concerning the killings of Abu Afak and Asma, Shamoun deems these killings as being wrong and of proof that the prophet Muhammad cannot be a true prophet. Shamoun asserts that they were killed for the following reason:

Muhammad didn't like people to mock or satirize him and had several persons killed for it. Two of the individuals who were murdered at the orders of Muhammad were a 120-year-old Jewish man named Abu Afak, and a Jewish poetess named Asma bint Marwan.

So according to Sam Shamoun both these people were killed for mocking the prophet.

However so is that true? Were both these people killed because of a simple mockery they made? Well let us find out, this rebuttal will be quite different than the many others I have written, what I will do in this rebuttal is to simply re-post some of the sources Shamoun quoted in his paper, and as we shall see the very same sources Shamoun quotes actually reveal that these 2 persons were killed for something other than mockery. I shall bold and underline the parts Shamoun did not, and these points I shall bold and underline shall reveal the real reasons as to why these 2 persons where killed. We now re-produce the sources Shamoun quoted:

SARIYYAH OF ?UMAYR IBN ?ADI

Then (occurred) the sariyyah of Umayr ibn ?Adi Ibn Kharashah al-Khatmi against ?Asma Bint Marwan, of Banu Umayyah Ibn Zayd, when five nights had remained from the month of Ramadan, in the beginning of the nineteenth month from the hijrah of the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him. ?Asma was the wife of Yazid Ibn Zayd Ibn Hisn al-Khatmi. She used to revile Islam, offend the Prophet and instigate the (people) against him. She composed verses. ?Umayr Ibn ?Adi came to her in the night and entered her house. Her children were sleeping around her. There was one whom she was suckling. He searched her with his hand because he was blind, and separated the child from her. He thrust his sword in her chest till it pierced upto her back. Then he offered the morning prayers with the Prophet, may Allah bless him, at al-Madinah. The Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him, said to him: Have you slain the daughter of Marwan? He said: Yes. Is there something more for me to do? He said: No. Two goats will butt together about her. This was the word that was first heard from the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him. The Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him, called ?Umayr, basir (the seeing).

SARIYYAH OF SALIM IBN ?UMAYR

Then occurred the sariyyah of Salim Ibn ?Umayr al-?Amri against Abu ?Afak, the Jew, in Shawwal in the beginning of the twentieth month from the hijrah of the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him. Abu Afak, was from Banu ?Amr Ibn ?Awf, and was an old man who had attained the age of one hundred and twenty years. He was a Jew, and used to instigate the people against the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him, and composed (satirical) verses. Salim Ibn ?Umayr who was one of the great weepers and who had participated in Badr, said: I take a vow that I shall either kill Abu ?Afak or die before him. He waited for an opportunity until a hot night came, and Abu ?Afak slept in an open place. Salim Ibn ?Umayr knew it, so he placed the sword on his liver and pressed it till it reached his bed. The enemy of Allah screamed and the people, who were his followers rushed to him, took him to his house and interred him.

Muslims Kill Abu ?Afk and Asma

Before the victory of Badr the Muslims used to fear the Madinese non-Muslims, for they were still too weak to return any aggression inflicted upon them. But when they returned victorious from Badr, Salim ibn ?Umayr took upon himself the job of getting rid of Abu ?Afk, a tribesman of Banu ?Amr ibn ?Awf. The latter was a poet who composed verses disparaging Muhammad and the Muslims and inciting his own tribe to rise against them. Even after Badr, Abu ?Afk still composed and disseminated abusive verse. Salim attacked Abu ?Afk in his sleep in his own yard and killed him. Likewise, ?Asma', daughter of Marwan, of the tribe of Banu Umayyah ibn Zayd, used to insult Islam and the Prophet by encouraging bad feeling against the Muslims. The Battle of Badr did not make her reconsider. One day, ?Umayr ibn ?Awf attacked her during the night while she was surrounded by her children, one of whom she was nursing. ?Umayr was weak of sight and had to grope for her. After removing the child from his victim, he killed her; he then proceeded to the Prophet and informed him of what he had done. When her relatives returned from the funeral, they asked him whether he had killed her. "Indeed so," said ?Umayr, "You may fight me if you wish. By Him Who dominates my soul, if you should deny that she composed her abusive poetry, I would fight you until either you or I fall." It was this courage of ?Umayr that caused the Banu Khutmah, the tribe of ?Asma's husband, to turn to Islam. Having converted to Islam but fearing persecution at the hand of their fellow tribesmen, some of them had hidden their conversion. Henceforth, they no longer did so. (Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life of Muhammad, tran. Isma'il Raji al-Faruqi [American Trust Publications, USA 1976; Malaysian edition by Islamic Book Trust], p. 243; source)

So as you can see the sources make it very clear that these 2 not only mocked the prophet and insulted him, they also INSTGATED their people to attack and harm the Muslims! Hence these people were not mere poets writing mocking poems, they were inciting violence and hatred against the Muslims! They were inciting their people to rise up to fight and kill the Muslim population, and this made them direct enemy combatants because they were inciting violence against the Muslims. Therefore as we can see, there is nothing wrong in what was done against them, they brought it on themselves, you don't have to hold a sword to be an enemy or an enemy combatant, inciting violence and instigating violence is just as bad and is the exact same thing. Even in today's world men who preach ?hate' and incite violence will be arrested and imprisoned.

So therefore there was nothing wrong in what was done, and the sources show that these 2 were not killed for simple mockery and insulting comments. However what is amusing is that Christians have no problems with the pagans and the Jews who incited murder against Muslims, they think it is okay, and they also have no problems with the fact that Jews and pagans killed many Muslims, the Christian has no problem with this and you will never hear a single of them saying it was wrong. So therefore this reveals something further, it reveals that our opponents have no problems when Muslims get killed or threatened with murder, and that says it all doesn't it?

And Allah Knows Best!

http://muslim-responses.com/Abu_Afak_and_Asma/Abu_Afak_and_Asma_
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by LagosShia: 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
It is also noteworthy to say that aside from the internal evidence of the hadith on asma bint marwan,external evidence does show that the story is altogether false.

One of the narrators of the account is ibn hajjaj who was notorious for fabricating hadiths.also classical scholars of hadith have regarded this story to be a fabrication of ibn hajjaj.also based on authentic hadiths and islamic teachings and the principles of jihad in islam,a woman is not to be killed in times of war.a woman is only to be killed if she actually have committed murder with her own hands.
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by proo212(m): 12:04am On Sep 20, 2012
Sahih Bukahri Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369:

Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up  saying,   “O Allah’s  Apostle!  Would you  like   that   I  kill  him?”  The Prophet said, “Yes,” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab).  “The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, “That man (i.e.  Muhammad demands  Sadaqa  (i.e.  Zakat)   from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have  followed him,  we do not  want   to  leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel   load or   two of   food.”

(Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, “Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me.” Muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, “What do you want?” Ka’b replied, “Mortgage your women to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the ‘Arabs?” Ka’b said, “Then mortgage your  sons  to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people’s saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel   load of food.  That would cause   us   great   disgrace,   but  we  will  mortgage   our   arms   to   you. “Muhammad   bin   Maslama   and   his   companion   promised   Kab   that Muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied,  “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, “I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka’b said. “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” Muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as  ‘Abu bin  Jabr.  Al  Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said. “have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka’b replied. “I have got the best  Arab  women  who   know  how   to   use   the   high   class   of   perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your   head?”   Ka’b   said,   “Yes.”  Muhammad   smelt   it   and made   his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.”
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by LagosShia: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2012
proo212: Sahih Bukahri Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369:

Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up  saying,   “O Allah’s  Apostle!  Would you  like   that   I  kill  him?”  The Prophet said, “Yes,” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab).  “The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, “That man (i.e.  Muhammad demands  Sadaqa  (i.e.  Zakat)   from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have  followed him,  we do not  want   to  leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel   load or   two of   food.”

(Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, “Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me.” Muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, “What do you want?” Ka’b replied, “Mortgage your women to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the ‘Arabs?” Ka’b said, “Then mortgage your  sons  to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people’s saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel   load of food.  That would cause   us   great   disgrace,   but  we  will  mortgage   our   arms   to   you. “Muhammad   bin   Maslama   and   his   companion   promised   Kab   that Muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied,  “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, “I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka’b said. “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” Muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as  ‘Abu bin  Jabr.  Al  Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said. “have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka’b replied. “I have got the best  Arab  women  who   know  how   to   use   the   high   class   of   perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your   head?”   Ka’b   said,   “Yes.”  Muhammad   smelt   it   and made   his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.”

Why didn't you explain how Kab al-Ashraf hurt the Prophet (sa)?

Rebuttal:
http://muslim-responses.com/Kab_al_Ashraf_/Kab_al_Ashraf_
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by ParisLove1: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
So as you can see the sources make it very clear that these 2 not only mocked the prophet and insulted him, they also INSTGATED their people to attack and harm the Muslims! Hence these people were not mere poets writing mocking poems, they were inciting violence and hatred against the Muslims! They were inciting their people to rise up to fight and kill the Muslim population, and this made them direct enemy combatants because they were inciting violence against the Muslims. Therefore as we can see, there is nothing wrong in what was done against them, they brought it on themselves, you don't have to hold a sword to be an enemy or an enemy combatant, inciting violence and instigating violence is just as bad and is the exact same thing. Even in today's world men who preach ?hate' and incite violence will be arrested and imprisoned.

[American Trust Publications, USA 1976; Malaysian edition by IslamicBook Trust], p. 243; source)

Lol is that your source @ bolded? America trust publications?? grin Why didn't you quote from the Sira itself? Since you did not I'll take the pleasure of doing that.

FROM THE SIRAT RASUL ALLAH (THE LIFE OF THE PROPHET OF GOD), BY IBN ISHAQ (1), page 675:
SALIM B. UMAYR'S EXPEDITION TO KILL ABU AFAK
Abu Afak was one of the B. Amr b. Auf of the B. Ubayda clan. He showed his disaffection when the apostle killed al-Harith b. Suwayd b. Samit and said:
"Long have I lived but never have I seen
An assembly or collection of people
More faithful to their undertaking
And their allies when called upon
Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,
Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted,
A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)
"Permitted", "Forbidden", of all sorts of things.
Had you believed in glory or kingship
You would have followed Tubba.

[NOTE: the Tubba was a ruler from Yemen who invaded that part of what is present Saudi Arabia: the Qaylites resisted him]

The apostle said, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" Whereupon Salim b. Umayr, brother of B. Amr b.Auf, one of the "weepers", went forth and killed him. Umama b. Muzayriya said concerning that:
You gave the lie to God's religion and the man Ahmad! [Muhammad]
By him who was your father, evil is the son he produced!
A "hanif" gave you a thrust in the night saying
"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!"
Though I knew whether it was man or jinn
Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught).

Afak urged the people who lived in Medina to doubt and leave Muhammad. Afak found that Muhammad's sayings were strange and dictatorial. He chided the Arabs that put their faith in Muhammad. Muhammad heard of this and viewed the 120 year old man as a threat to his credibility, not to his life. Nowhere does itsay that Afak urged his fellow Arabs to attack or harm Muhammad. Certainly a 120 year old man was not a physical threat to Muhammad or his followers.

What I find interesting is the last statement in Umama b. Muzayriya's verse:
"Though I knew whether it was man or jinn
Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught)."

This statement displays that the Muslims knew exactly what they were doing. They knew it was cold-blooded murder that they were doing at Muhammad's request. They wanted to keep it secret, they wanted to hide their evil deeds from the populace at large. That's why Umama said he wouldn't reveal who murdered Afak. The line [b]"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!" [/b]also indicates a certain bad conscience about this deed even though it is overlayed with triumphalism trying to silencing this inner voice indicating that this was wrong.

So lemme ask; (1)What does it say about Muhammad that he would have a 120 year old man murdered because he urged his fellow citizens to doubt his message and not to follow him?
2)
Yes, Abu Afak was a threat to Muhammad's credibility.But did he deserve to be murdered, in cold blood, in the night, secretly, while he was sleeping? Was his opinion that much of a threat to Muhammad? Didn't the angels help Muhammad at the Battle of Badr? If so, why was Muhammad afraid of a 120 year old man?
3)
Are these "Islamic" values compatible with the values in America? Should Americans who criticize Muhammad expect to have their freedom of speech threatened, or should they live in fear of being killed for speaking their mind? Remember, Muslims in America have already begun to murder Americans for the sake of their religion, both abroad and in the USA itself.
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by LagosShia: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
Paris_Love:

Lol is that your source @ bolded? America trust publications?? grin Why didn't you quote from the Sira itself? Since you did not I'll take the pleasure of doing that.

FROM THE SIRAT RASUL ALLAH (THE LIFE OF THE PROPHET OF GOD), BY IBN ISHAQ (1), page 675:
SALIM B. UMAYR'S EXPEDITION TO KILL ABU AFAK
Abu Afak was one of the B. Amr b. Auf of the B. Ubayda clan. He showed his disaffection when the apostle killed al-Harith b. Suwayd b. Samit and said:
"Long have I lived but never have I seen
An assembly or collection of people
More faithful to their undertaking
And their allies when called upon
Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,
Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted,
A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)
"Permitted", "Forbidden", of all sorts of things.
Had you believed in glory or kingship
You would have followed Tubba.

[NOTE: the Tubba was a ruler from Yemen who invaded that part of what is present Saudi Arabia: the Qaylites resisted him]

The apostle said, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" Whereupon Salim b. Umayr, brother of B. Amr b.Auf, one of the "weepers", went forth and killed him. Umama b. Muzayriya said concerning that:
You gave the lie to God's religion and the man Ahmad! [Muhammad]
By him who was your father, evil is the son he produced!
A "hanif" gave you a thrust in the night saying
"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!"
Though I knew whether it was man or jinn
Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught).

Afak urged the people who lived in Medina to doubt and leave Muhammad. Afak found that Muhammad's sayings were strange and dictatorial. He chided the Arabs that put their faith in Muhammad. Muhammad heard of this and viewed the 120 year old man as a threat to his credibility, not to his life. Nowhere does itsay that Afak urged his fellow Arabs to attack or harm Muhammad. Certainly a 120 year old man was not a physical threat to Muhammad or his followers.

What I find interesting is the last statement in Umama b. Muzayriya's verse:
"Though I knew whether it was man or jinn
Who slew you in the dead of night (I would say naught)."

This statement displays that the Muslims knew exactly what they were doing. They knew it was cold-blooded murder that they were doing at Muhammad's request. They wanted to keep it secret, they wanted to hide their evil deeds from the populace at large. That's why Umama said he wouldn't reveal who murdered Afak. The line [b]"Take that Abu Afak in spite of your age!" [/b]also indicates a certain bad conscience about this deed even though it is overlayed with triumphalism trying to silencing this inner voice indicating that this was wrong.

So lemme ask; (1)What does it say about Muhammad that he would have a 120 year old man murdered because he urged his fellow citizens to doubt his message and not to follow him?
2)
Yes, Abu Afak was a threat to Muhammad's credibility.But did he deserve to be murdered, in cold blood, in the night, secretly, while he was sleeping? Was his opinion that much of a threat to Muhammad? Didn't the angels help Muhammad at the Battle of Badr? If so, why was Muhammad afraid of a 120 year old man?
3)
Are these "Islamic" values compatible with the values in America? Should Americans who criticize Muhammad expect to have their freedom of speech threatened, or should they live in fear of being killed for speaking their mind? Remember, Muslims in America have already begun to murder Americans for the sake of their religion, both abroad and in the USA itself.

Good you're talking about america and "values".

The closest case of recent I can give you as an example to abu afak is Sheikh Ahmad Yasseen.

Sheikh Ahmad Yasseen was cripple,very old and if I'm not mistaken he was also blind.Sheikh Ahmad Yassen was assasinated intentionally in a premeditated israeli air raid for being a "spiritual leader" of the palestinian resistance opposed to the zionist occupation of palestine.israel happens to be america's number ally in the middle east and in fact a model of "democracy" in america's eyes.did america condemn and punish israel for killing a cripple? Never!

Sometimes you need to look beyond your scope before uttering nonsense.but as usual you'd say Sheikh Ahmad Yasseen is a terrorist but abu afak isn't.that's exactly how christian fanaticism and hate for Islam have blinded your sense of reasoning.
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by Sweetnecta: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
I have learnt not to always respond to the Israliyat riwaya of hadith [the story and event of islam from the lips of the jews or madina and their allies from later generations].

Not all sahih hadith is truly hadith, clearly when the evidence showing so by its disagreement with the Quran. No book is perfect, after The Perfect Quran. No writer is perfect after what Allah revealed Perfectly in the Quran and Authentic Hadith of His Messenger [sa].

When people lie against Muhammad [sa], one needs to go to Quran to see the truth. Allah says of him; Your role is to deliver the Message. They are judged by what Allah revealed to the messenger [sa]. I believe that every normal mind will realize that if Muhammad [sa] was vindictive, there would not have remained a single disbeliever in Madina, Taif, Makka and even Yemen, to name a few.

The followers of Muhammad [sa], Ali [Ra] found good example in him so much that he left the man who spat in his face, even though he was about to kill him, just before. Ali [Ra] did not make it a think of personal revenge because he never saw Muhammad [sa] make anything of personal revenge.

Umar [RA] did not sack Jarusalem as it was sacked many times by the earlier conquerors, christians and non christians alike. We we have not regreted what our forebears in Islam did in time of conflicts against evil and disbelieving people.

Muhammad [sa] quality has made this yoruba muslim a better man. I can emulate each and every aspect of his life. Its the best of human and easily digestible.
Re: How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him by DevotedOne(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
In The Name of The Only GOD, Allah, The Very Merciful, The All Merciful, The Praiseworthy. As salaamu 'alaykum, The peace be on you, everyone.

I don't know a lot of hadiith, but this hadiith where the Prophet Muhammad [S.A.A.W.] thanked someone for killing a person that spoke badly of him PBUH, appears not to be a sound hadiith. What I've learned of Ahadiith (Science), is that all of the related hadiith must be collected and analysed before a decision can be made regarding its acceptance or rejection. This makes good sense to me. I've found two links re: Ahadiith:

http://kalamullah.com/Books/An%20Introduction%20to%20the%20Science%20of%20Hadith.pdf ~ An Introduction to the Science of Hadith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categories_of_Hadith ~ Categories of Hadith

Wassalaam DevotedOne

(1) (Reply)

#astagfirullah / May Allah Bless Our Mothers / The Tafsir Of Alqur'an Karim; An Explanation That Human Mind Can Comprehend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.