Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! (113076 Views)

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money / Need Info On Ikoyi Marriage Registry / Ikoyi Marriage Registry(federal) And Eti-osa Local Govt Registry,ikoyi (state) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hello,
I need to know the requirements, process and cost implications of getting married at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi. Comprehensive information given here would be highly appreciated. Kindly please help.
Thank you,
Regards!
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 7:15am On Sep 20, 2012
I'm waiting to hear from you,please.
Mcfemad: Hello,
I need to know the requirements, process and cost implications of getting married at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi. Comprehensive information given here would be highly appreciated. Kindly please help.
Thank you,
Regards!
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2012
Regular registration at least 2 weeks interval 35000naira

If you want your wedding to be done in 2 days after registration 55000naira

The requirements are not special

They don't allow customer to take out form, so be ready to get it, fill it and submit it same day in the same office.

The staff will request for some kind of gift,monetary or good wines of different taste, sometimes extra cash during your interview time,if not they will delay you.

Yeah just little i could remember now.

Be-careful of those guys taking pictures, they are selfish and rogue, better you go there with your photographer,if not they will delete all picture taken during wedding if you don't pay them very fast.

What More?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by subzidi: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ Post: You dont need to break the bank for it! You go to the registry and fill the formswith 2 passports of couple, then pay N1k. After filling the forms in court then you submit them same day and wait for 21 working days(display of couple info in notice-board). They would calculate the waiting period and then give you your prefered date to come for oath taking. Oath taking is N6k. Then after that you would then choose your wedding date weekdays cheaper than saturdays which is N2k(weekday)/N5k(weekend ie saturday).
On the wedding day you would be asked to either bring a carton of fruitjuice or pay N4k/N5K as the case might be! Try to sweet mouth them and dont show off too much if you don wana be ripped off grin. Also, make sure you bring change on wedding day for offering/celebration for court officials N100/N200 notes will do. DO NOT patronize the photographers they charge so much bring your small camera and a friend can assist with the pics as they do not allow professional photographers/video men. No point for all these flambouyance if you will still do a white wedding. Flower/bouquest and pin ups will be brandished for you to rent at exhorbitant rates(irrelevant too).
The above are the basics i can remember!However, if you dont wana wait for 21 working days (notification) then they will charge you for shortcut max-max N15K!! Ask of Oga Mike his office is inside after their small chapel looking-oath taking space! I cant put his phone number here... goodluck

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by subzidi: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ OYINBOGOJU: They charged soooo much unless you are not Nigerian or one of you not wink We didnt pay more than N10,000 for ours and this was just last year!

OYINBOGOJU: Regular registration at least 2 weeks interval 35000naira

If you want your wedding to be done in 2 days after registration 55000naira

The requirements are not special

They don't allow customer to take out form, so be ready to get it, fill it and submit it same day in the same office.

The staff will request for some kind of gift,monetary or good wines of different taste, sometimes extra cash during your interview time,if not they will delay you.

Yeah just little i could remember now.

Be-careful of those guys taking pictures, they are selfish and rogue, better you go there with your photographer,if not they will delete all picture taken during wedding if you don't pay them very fast.

What More?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by james1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
The rate at which weddings take place at that registry is somewhat alarming.
Am sure people no longer got to the eti osa registry.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
Waoh...Thanks a lot sir/ma. This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much, Really appreciate this. I would appreciate if you can drop the Oga Mike's number here, pls, and May also need to get in touch with you should i require additional information.
sub_zidi: @ Post: You dont need to break the bank for it! You go to the registry and fill the formswith 2 passports of couple, then pay N1k. After filling the forms in court then you submit them same day and wait for 21 working days(display of couple info in notice-board). They would calculate the waiting period and then give you your prefered date to come for oath taking. Oath taking is N6k. Then after that you would then choose your wedding date weekdays cheaper than saturdays which is N2k(weekday)/N5k(weekend ie saturday).
On the wedding day you would be asked to either bring a carton of fruitjuice or pay N4k/N5K as the case might be! Try to sweet mouth them and dont show off too much if you don wana be ripped off grin. Also, make sure you bring change on wedding day for offering/celebration for court officials N100/N200 notes will do. DO NOT patronize the photographers they charge so much bring your small camera and a friend can assist with the pics as they do not allow professional photographers/video men. No point for all these flambouyance if you will still do a white wedding. Flower/bouquest and pin ups will be brandished for you to rent at exhorbitant rates(irrelevant too).
The above are the basics i can remember!However, if you dont wana wait for 21 working days (notification) then they will charge you for shortcut max-max N15K!! Ask of Oga Mike his office is inside after their small chapel looking-oath taking space! I cant put his phone number here... goodluck
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:40am On Sep 23, 2012
sub_zidi: @ OYINBOGOJU: They charged soooo much unless you are not Nigerian or one of you not wink We didnt pay more than N10,000 for ours and this was just last year!

Whaooo really that means i was ripped off

No wonder they were all treating me like a celebrity.

Meeeen mugu get level oo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:47am On Sep 23, 2012
I paid 55,000k and i was so happy that it wasn't too much.

the camera man was begging me to take our pictures,when its time to make payment he charge 13,500k

telling me i have to pay now now if not he will delete the pictures

I was furious that i asked him to delete my pictures

thank God we took some pictures with our portable sony camera.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2012
sub_zidi: @ Post: You dont need to break the bank for it! You go to the registry and fill the formswith 2 passports of couple, then pay N1k. After filling the forms in court then you submit them same day and wait for 21 working days(display of couple info in notice-board). They would calculate the waiting period and then give you your prefered date to come for oath taking. Oath taking is N6k. Then after that you would then choose your wedding date weekdays cheaper than saturdays which is N2k(weekday)/N5k(weekend ie saturday).

and please what is the dress code like? Do they allow bride on wedding gowns or both couples should appear strictly in suits. Thanks as you repsond.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2012
Mcfemad:

and please what is the dress code like? Do they allow bride on wedding gowns or both couples should appear strictly in suits. Thanks as you repsond.
smiley
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by ayandee: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
U can wear suits, wedding gown, even traditional attire.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Are you sure about this sir/ma? I read somewhere online that they do not allow traditional attires, only suits and non flamboyant gowns are allowed. Don't really know if wedding gown will be allowed. Can anyone pls confirm this?
Thank you.
ayandee: U can wear suits, wedding gown, even traditional attire.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2012
Mcfemad:

Anything wearable......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2013
Dear all,

Thank you so much for your contributions to this thread. I am happy to let you know I got married yesterday at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria. The information I got here was instrumental to the success of the wedding. Thanks and God bless!

18 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by greatgod2012(f): 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
Mcfemad: Dear all,

Thank you so much for your contributions to this thread. I am happy to let you know I got married yesterday at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria. The information I got here was instrumental to the success of the wedding. Thanks and God bless!

happy married life!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Thank you!!!
greatgod2012:

happy married life!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by royalk: 11:03am On Feb 09, 2013
HML.May God bless ur union

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
royalk: HML.May God bless ur union

Thank you!
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by hakahaka: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ALL, nice thread. I will be heading to the Federal Marriage Registry at the end of this month to File our marriage notice.

This link is really on point about this civil marriage thing:
http://www.namywedding.com/articles/9-the-civil-marriage-get-married-legally
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by hakahaka: 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mcfemad: Dear all,

Please how much did the whole process cost you? From the start to finish, thanks for your response in advance.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by omanma2013: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2013
how much did it cost you for everything
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by MrMann1(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pls, who knows the process of marrying a foreigner. I went there today, and they charged a whooping sum of money. After I had initially made enquiry, though I never told them I'm marrying a foreigner.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by aaron213: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
hello can anyone help. my french girlfriend and i wish to get married in nigeria and need to know the requirements. firstly can we get married in any registry and wt would be the specific cost and requirements for us thank you.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Bowale007(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
I watched with dismay d rate at which these FMR officials do charge prospective Nigerian citizen. Don't pay anybody a kobo, here's d procedure stated below:

1. Both of u will need affidavit of Bachelorhood and Spinsterhood (if u're to give it to them to help u get it over there =1k or probably u can go and do it urself outside like 5huns)
2. Birth certificate or age declaration for both.
3. u'll file notice and ask to pay 6k into Eco bank by mobil filling station falomo branch. u'll be given a customized teller in d registry for every transaction.
4. after 21days notice, u'll come for oath (mostly it's on Tuesday)and pay 5k again i.e. on d oath day. it's on this oath day u'll now choose the date u want ur wedding proper..1k for other dayz and 3k5 for Saturday.
Plz my pple home and abroad i cant drop my phone number here but u can reach me on :bowale911@gmail.com, for more clue. I'll also tell u ao to beat those clown asking for 40k, 56k, 70k etc....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Mcfemad(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
I have no idea of the cost of marrying a foreigner, however, I advise going to the Registry and make necessary enquries. Mr. Opaleye works at the Registry and he would be willing to help. I got his contact details here on NL, contacted him and helped facilitate our wedding process. I remember, I went to the registry twice; The day I went for forms filling and my wedding day. All the best. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Naijalastborn(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
aaron213: hello can anyone help. my french girlfriend and i wish to get married in nigeria and need to know the requirements. firstly can we get married in any registry and wt would be the specific cost and requirements for us thank you.
when i was in your shoe, i was run from pillar to post for this. but Thank God for sending me a Helper

This is how i get mine done so cheap and affordable.

listen any regisgtry is acceptable so far is an accredited LGA.

First i went to the LGA town Hall.
i was interview asked questiona and i always asked then they asked me to first of all go and pay into the LGA account stating how i will address the Bank Telller.

i speed up to First Bank and pay the Money. which is #7500 Naira.

Then i took back the Teller to the LGA. i was asked to provided the following doc.

1. 2 passport Photographed of both Male and female intending to get married

2. Birth certificate of both or affidavits or international passport.

3. Certificate of bachelorship or sprintership or Divorcee letter.

After that i was asked to take the teller to the.
Cashier and he issued a reciept afterwards i tool it back to the Registar office then we filled a Form.. contain all basic information about the couples then they said after 21 days i should come back and pick date.

Afer 21 days i went back there and Pick a Date for the Wedding and I was asked to come back 2 Day before the Wedding with my wife for Counselling that its a Must. So I Went there with my Wife and the Counselling went smoothly though it was boring. So i was given another list of Items to Bring on the Wedding Day

1. 3 Rings, One for Engagement two for the Wedding... though i only brought 2 ring on the Day
2. 1 Carton of Drinks ( Malt)
3. 1 carton of Biscuits....all the carton is for their own refreshments they Said....
4. 2 Witness
5. Well wishers..... (Not Complusory)
6. Photograph

One the D day, it all went Smoothly within 45 Minute.... i am legally married to my Wife...
Well i hope this helps

@naija_Lastborn

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by temmytujay: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please can anyone help me out with someones number at the Ikoyi Registry.. for a special wedding i mean with a foreigner cos i met a man working there and the man said 65k which i knw i am about to be duped
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Naijalastborn(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2013
temmytujay: Please can anyone help me out with someones number at the Ikoyi Registry.. for a special wedding i mean with a foreigner cos i met a man working there and the man said 65k which i knw i am about to be duped
why must it be Ikoyi, when all marriage certificate is the same, paying 64k is just stupid when you can just pay 7k and get along with your marriage. with that 64k the whole marriage is set both Registry and the party. taking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Omolorlar(f): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Pls does any1 knws d recent actual amount to be payed altogeda @d ikoyi registry for a nigerian,pls hlp me out plsss
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Reddit: 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please can anyone help me with the current requirements and cost of arranging a court wedding at the Ikoyi Registry. I'll be coming over to Nigeria very soon for this reason. My fiancee is back home in Nigeria and we intend to do the court marriage first before the the trad and white wedding later in the year.
Also, would it be wise to get rings for the court wedding knowing they're still required for the white.

I'm just trying to get all the necessary information as possible and plan very well.

Thanks.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Reddit: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Reddit:
Please can anyone help me with the current requirements and cost of arranging a court wedding at the Ikoyi Registry. I'll be coming over to Nigeria very soon for this reason. My fiancee is back home in Nigeria and we intend to do the court marriage first before the the trad and white wedding later in the year.
Also, would it be wise to get rings for the court wedding knowing they're still required for the white.

I'm just trying to get all the necessary information as possible and plan very well.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. / My Woman Wears Very Short And Tight Outfits. I Cautioned Her, This Is Happening / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.