Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money (60759 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / She Escaped With His 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by nairalandbabe: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Uzor Emmanuel, a 45-year old married man with three kids played a fast one on a 42-year old lady, Victoria Adeleye at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry Lagos state, Southwest Nigeria.

Emmanuel who had proposed to marry Adeleye at the registry dumped her at the court premises and disappeared with her N4 million. The wedding was subsequently called-off following Emmanuel’s disappearance.

Friends of the couple, who attended the wedding ceremony were left shell-shocked as marriage officials cancelled the wedding.

A source told our correspondent that the relationship between, Adeleye and Emmanuel blossomed after they met at a church in Isolo.

Unknown to Adelye, Emmanuel was married with three kids. He told her that he was still single and needed to marry since he was growing old.

Adeleye who was also eager to get a husband, showed interest and became an intimate friend with Emmanuel.

Shortly after courtship, Emmanuel proposed to marry her and she accepted. He reportedly moved into Adeleye’s flat at Bola Adeyinwa street Aswani, Isolo where they started living together as a couple without the knowledge of their pastor and members of the church.

To cover their tracks before the church, Emmanuel suggested to Adeleye they need to go to court to consummate the relationship legally.

Adeleye agreed and brought out some money with which they used to facilitate the marriage but on the day they were supposed to tie the knot, Emmanuel carried out the last of his plans.

The duo had arrived the registry with close friends but while they were waiting for court officials to commence the ceremony, Emmanuel excused himself and went outside the registry. From there he fled with her money and did not return to the hall.

The suspect was later arrested following a tip off. He then confessed that he had a wife with kids and he was only interested in Adeleye’s money.

He was charged before Isolo Magistrate’s court for obtaining under false pretence and stealing under the Criminal Code.

When he was arraigned, he pleaded not guilty. The presiding Magistrate, Mrs F.M. Kayode granted him bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

He is remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri, Lagos pending when he will fulfill his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 2 October 2014 for trial.

Police sources said his wife refused to show up to facilitate his bail, saying what he did to the woman was bad.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/03/marriage-tragedy-man-dumps-lady-at-ikoyi-registry-steals-her-n4m/
http://xmoentertainment..com/2014/09/groom-dumps-bride-at-registry-escaped.htmlre news

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by vivaciouzz(f): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2014
dis is soo unfair

so happy..FTC tinz..dis is my first time if appearing in d front page!! I love naira land n all nairalanders

23 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2014
I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ATSOMEH(f): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2014
This man has a conscience now, he could still have married her and made away with the money but becos of his love for his family he took this course. When I reach heaven, I will personally tell God to let me deal with the spirit of poverty on judgement day, the guy too wicked.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by iykmora(m): 8:38am On Sep 04, 2014
i wanted to comment but forgot what i had in mind...will return when i remember. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by parismarc: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2014
This story get k leg, why would a bride carry 4 million naira to the registry? pls tell us something else.

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Zehner(f): 9:06am On Sep 04, 2014
parismarc: This story get k leg, why would a bride carry 4 million naira to the registry? pls tell us something else.
help me ask o! Registry don turn bank! undecided

43 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by cococandy(f): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2014
I hope the woman got back her money.
That's my concern

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

excuse me?? did you just asked that??

66 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: excuse me?? did you just asked that??

yes I did and am not taking it back .

7 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by kweenkong(f): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2014

Madam you are quite jugdemental haba. You dont know her story you cant jugde her .

60 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 9:36am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: yes I did and am not taking it back .
Not asking you to take it back. But i was just wondering why you asked that kind of question. So if a woman doesn't have a man to marry her what should she do? go and die? or marry herself?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i am actually laffing at you here tracey tracey. Later in life, you will understand better.

Now i understand the saying that ''women are their own worst enemies''

139 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by kweenkong(f): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

yes I did and am not taking it back .

Can you imagine, I just saw this ,pray kindly tell us why you think she should have married earlier than 42 since you seem to know her so well, only facts pls

51 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Not asking you to take it back. But i was just wondering why you asked that kind of question. So if a woman doesn't have a man to marry her what should she do? go and die? or marry herself?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i am actually laffing at you here tracey tracey. Later in life, you will understand better.

Now i understand the saying that ''women are their own worst enemies''

Am not being judgemental or trying to blame her but being sincere and Ma'am I believe there's no way a woman whether ugly or fine , fat or thin will not see who to marry her in 20 years , I might be young but I've seen and experienced things far bigger than my age , from life stories from friends and relatives and from ready ladies biography around the world ive come to know that around 80% of ladies who are yet get married but remained single till above 35 is either caused spiritually or by the person herself ,am not generalizing tho but there's nothing new under the sun , if you get to know her life story you'll definitely see her mistakes which probably she didn't see them then and maybe realised too late so that's I asked the question tho I know she wouldn't be able to answer.

patiently waiting for the insults to start pouring in , I know nairalanders never disappoint cool

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Am not being judgemental or trying to blame her but being sincere but Ma'am there's no way a woman whether ugly or fine , fat or thin will not see who to marry her in 20 years its just impossible , I might be young but I've seen and experienced things far bigger than my age , from life stories from friends and relatives and from ready ladies biography around the world ive come to know that around 80% of ladies who instead to get married but remained single till above 35 is either caused spiritually or by the person herself ,am not generalizing tho but there's nothing new under the sun , if you get to know her life story you'll definitely see her mistakes which probably she didn't see then and maybe realised too late so that's I asked the question tho I know she wouldn't be able to answer.

patiently waiting for the insults to start pouring in , I know nairalanders never disappoint cool
I don't agree with this..... So are you saying that any unmarried woman above 35 is under spiritual attack or the architect of her own problem??

Nobody is going to insult you. It is just a healthy discussion unless you decide to take it to the next level......

83 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by SAMBARRY: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2014
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by SAMBARRY: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2014
I'll come back when I am done with this meeting

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by snazzylove: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Am not being judgemental or trying to blame her but being sincere but Ma'am there's no way a woman whether ugly or fine , fat or thin will not see who to marry her in 20 years its just impossible , I might be young but I've seen and experienced things far bigger than my age , from life stories from friends and relatives and from ready ladies biography around the world ive come to know that around 80% of ladies who instead to get married but remained single till above 35 is either caused spiritually or by the person herself ,am not generalizing tho but there's nothing new under the sun , if you get to know her life story you'll definitely see her mistakes which probably she didn't see then and maybe realised too late so that's I asked the question tho I know she wouldn't be able to answer.

So u deliberately want people to come and 'insalt' u. Lol grin

I just want to let you know that marriage is not as easy and 'handy' as you think. You may feel you've seen things bigger than your age, but believe me you aint seen nofin yet.
Dat question you asked was sooooooo wrong and uncalled for.
Pray, seriously pray that you don't go thru the rough part of 'searching' for a life partner.

Just like Godmystrengt rightly said, you'll get to understand and probably answer that your question by urself later in life.

109 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by freakcin: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2014
What are they doing with 4M @ registry? undecided

Shame dey catch me for this man walahi. Before I got a good job, I had an offer from a single parent based overseas to come and become her husband. Since the love wasn't there, I not only declined (for I know the kind of family I'm from, we don't scrounge off women, we elevate them) but also advised her on the need to be cautious of guys who would fleece her dry!

I think societal values have been greatly eroded! embarassed

25 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

No need to expect insults. People stay single for different reasons, probably was in a relationship for years that didn't lead to marriage or met the wrong men etc. We don't know her story or journey we shouldn't be so quick to judge.

I know some nice elderly women who are single. We are all women, let us demean judging and condemning fellow women based in their marital status. No one knows tomorrow, life is like that, she could have been married at 42 she could also have been divorced or wolidowed, life is unpredictable no matter what another faces let us empathise when we need to and scold when we have too.

Being single at that age does not automatically. Mean she made mistakes, know her story first. Only then can you make such a bold statement

81 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: I don't agree with this..... So are you saying that any unmarried woman above 35 is under spiritual attack or the architect of her own problem??

Nobody is going to insult you. It is just a healthy discussion unless you decide to take it to the next level......

That's why I didn't say every , I said 80% grin and moreover there are ways one can cause some kind of problems for themselves without even knowing.

4 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

That's why I didn't say every , I said 80% grin and moreover there are ways on can cause some kind of problems for themselves without even knowing.
that is on the high side. Please don't just go assuming that 80% of the unmarried women you see must have caused the problem for themselves knowingly or unknowingly

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

That's why I didn't say every , I said 80% grin and moreover there are ways on can cause some kind of problems for themselves without even knowing.

My sister did you carry out some research to statistically arrive at this point? If you have abeg help us publish the findings so ignorant ones like me can learn, if you haven't I advice you don't lump people together till you know their stories. Women should not be the ones making other women feel bad or cursed for being unmarried, do you find men abusing or accessing their fellow single men?

54 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2014
snazzylove:

So u deliberately want people to come and 'insalt' u. Lol grin

I just want to let you know that marriage is not as easy and 'handy' as you think. You may feel you've seen things bigger than your age, but believe me you aint seen nofin yet.
Dat question you asked was sooooooo wrong and uncalled for.
Pray, seriously pray that you don't go thru the rough part of 'searching' for a life partner.

Just like Godmystrengt rightly said, you'll get to understand and probably answer that your question by urself later in life.

lol ,no I don't but its something I've come to terms with being insulted by people when you see things differently from them instead of just correcting or arguing politely .

My dear there's nothing wrong with a simple question because you have no idea why I asked it .

Am not good or better than her but I know in this my life I can't stay single till 30 and its a fact and if I ever do I'll know that am planing to stay single all my life and devote my time and life to order things .

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

No need to expect insults. People stay single for different reasons, probably was in a relationship for years that didn't lead to marriage or met the wrong men etc. We don't know her story or journey we shouldn't be so quick to judge.

I know some nice elderly women who are single. We are all women, let us demean judging and condemning fellow women based in their marital status. No one knows tomorrow, life is like that, she could have been married at 42 she could also have been divorced or wolidowed, life is unpredictable no matter what another faces let us empathise when we need to and scold when we have too.

Being single at that age does not automatically. Mean she made mistakes, know her story first. Only then can you make such a bold statement

am not judging her at all am not , if you read the op well you will notice her eagerness to get married so she isn't planing to stay single , it wasn't stated that she was divorced or widowed , I don't want to go too far in this but I know I know what am saying .

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by TV01(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
cococandy: I hope the woman got back her money.
That's my concern
I wouldn't be surprised to learn she'd happily part with twice the amount to avoid the pain and humiliation this man has brought her.

I agree, the question should be asked. At least in a general sense. There may well be valid individual reasons, but that will only be in a few instances.

A woman who aspires to a home and children is best advised to be on it way before 42.

TV

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Kanwulia: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Christian HYPOCRISY and DESPERATION!

A man whose name is EMMANUEL = 419! grin
I nor call TRIBE O! wink

7 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Dayjhihannon01(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
parismarc: This story get k leg, why would a bride carry 4 million naira to the registry? pls tell us something else.
u said my mind.... And 4million for wedding process or wetin

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by bennyrazz: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
first of all, thank God the man was caught grin grin so much work planning the whole thing but he forgot to plan his exit strategy grin not that i am in support of what he did but I think the woman was a mumu while the man was a bigger mumu because he now as to pay for the market he did not buy else he's left to rot in prison. 500k with 2 sureties in likesome right?? and his real wife decided to leave him there? well i think it's only a matter of time before his wife will go to bail him cuz right now she's still angry grin afterall he is the father of her children grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

My sister did you carry out some research to statistically arrive at this point? If you have abeg help us publish the findings so ignorant ones like me can learn, if you haven't I advice you don't lump people together till you know their stories. Women should not be the ones making other women feel bad or cursed for being unmarried, do you find men abusing or accessing their fellow single men?

You just did what you are accusing me of , jumping to hasty conclusion like I said I've read people's biography and I know live stories of friends and relatives , i try and get a link later to some biographies and probably post it here.

That's because a man can choose to get married to anyone at anytime but its not the same for women and moreover I never insulted or accessed her , I can never do it , I just asked a simple question .

I don't know anything o.

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
SAMBARRY: I'll come back when I am done with this meeting
And what meeting might that be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Can I Win My Wife's Heart Back? / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.