Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance (19066 Views)

6 Quran Quotes That Teach Love, Tolerance And Freedom Of Religion / Freedom, Criticism And Tolerance In Islam / Ensuring Zero Tolerance For Any Type Of Extremism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by seun0622(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
I have gone through a lot of posts on this thread,i think the op is only trying to justify an unjustifiable fact. Most Muslims i ve met have certain element of violence in them whenever their religion is brought to bear. I was driving along a major road some weeks back on a Friday afternoon when i discovered the road had been blocked for their prayers, i was told i can't pass until after prayers, i even asked if i could park and trek since i had almost gotten to my destination, to my amazement,one of their leaders violently accosted us claiming we are not allowed to even use the tiny footpath beside. Mind you, this happened in agege lagos where u have predominantly yoruba Muslims considered to be very tolerant. I am yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by minute(f): 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
Words never to be used in association to Islam or Muslim.

Peaceful

Tolerant

Moderate.

Have you seen a Muslim trial? All of them are so calm about killing someone.
It's more than scary,it's disturbing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Nimakor: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
The problem is they keep tellin us what Islam should be and not what it has become. Aren't we suppose to be dealing with reality? I rest my case.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Others will respect muslims more when they exhibit real tolerance TODAY, not by enacting stories of centuries ago.

The real question is, how tolerant are muslims today of other religion? In how many "muslim" lands are people of other religions allowed to freely practice their faith, like muslims do in non-muslim lands?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
''I like the Christ
but I do not like the christians

I like Mohammed
but I do not like muslims''

Simple but very true words.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by BinghiNya(m): 4:07am On Sep 21, 2012
i am a yoruba muslim all the trash talk of yoruba muslims being tolerant bore me muslims world wide have nothing to prove to anyone if islam is not a religion of peace then xtianity is in pieces
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by BinghiNya(m): 4:09am On Sep 21, 2012
TroGunn: Others will respect muslims more when they exhibit real tolerance TODAY, not by enacting stories of centuries ago.

The real question is, how tolerant are muslims today of other religion? In how many "muslim" lands are people of other religions allowed to freely practice their faith, like muslims do in non-muslim lands?
how many muslims practise in the vatican
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by yellowman2225(m): 5:24am On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
Before you sink in your idiocy, please name an Imam you know....

I totally agree with you, christian leaders are most popular so they are easily slandered. Pls mention any really, i mean very popular muslim cleric know by all nigerians that can be compared to the great Adeboyes, Kumuyis e.t.c.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by TerryCarr(m): 5:28am On Sep 21, 2012
synagogue next too a Mosque in Suriname grin
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by BetaThings: 5:30am On Sep 21, 2012
dustydee: @ Poster if muslims are tolerant why can't i freely practice my religion in Saudi Arabia or the UAE? If you believe what you just posted please start a campaign for freedom of religion in the Arab world-only then will I believe your intentions.

Most muslim countries are wary of christians because in the name of practising your religion, you push fake copies of the Qur'an, ascribe to Islam vices that have nothing to do with it (eg honour killing)
I am yet to see anyone connected to Islam publishing fake Bible
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by texazzpete(m): 7:06am On Sep 21, 2012
Let the OP tell us what happened to the Buddhist population of what is now Afghanistan.

Let his also tell us of the former inhabitants of what is now Adamawa State in Nigeria, where Dan Fodio's general Adamawa drove them off from their lands to islamize the region.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by daviesmania(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2012
To end all de hatred & rivalry between christians & muslims, i think there shld be an heavenly battle between chritians' GOD VS ALLAH (muslims' god) & Jesus vs Muhammad. Am sure de whole world wil follow whoever emerge victorious.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by manmacho: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2012
the peace that Islam propergate will always be tested. just like your love for your wife, faith in God, your patient,all of these will be tested.

the question is will Islam ever pass the test of the peace it propergates?

all Muslim in the house to answer this question.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by manmacho: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2012
the peace that Islam propergate will always be tested. just like your love for your wife, faith in God, your patient,all of these will be tested.

the question is, will Islam ever pass the test of the peace it propergates?

all Muslim in the house to answer this question.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by swoosh(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2012
What those fanatical muslims should always ask themselves before resorting to unjustifiable violence is " Would Prophet Mohammed have reacted this way if he was alive?"
I'm not a muslim but i know the answer would be NO. I live next to a large mosque and I have never felt threatened so I know not all muslims are violent. Having said that though, it must be stressed that Islam as a religion should take responsibility for the violence of many of its followers. There are more sects within Christiandom for instance, but you hardly hear , at least in modern times, of any that takes up arms because Jesus Christ is portrayed badly. I believe this is because Christiant preaches peace and forgiveness. Its high time the leadership of Islam all over the world had a rethink of how its followership interprets the teachings of the Prophet. Islam must not continue to be synonymous with senseless violence!
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Pain(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2012
grin
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Gorrbachev: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2012
Muhammad unjustly executes around 600 male Jews and enslaves the women and children.

After the Battle of the Trench in March 627 (named after a trench that the Muslims dug around parts of Medina) against a large coalition of Meccans and their allies, Muhammad imposed the ultimate penalty on the men in the Jewish clan, Qurayzah, his third and final Jewish rivals (he banished the Qaynuqa tribe in April 624 and the Nadir tribe in August 625). The Qurayzah tribe was supposed to remain neutral in the Battle, but they seem to have intrigued with the Meccans and to have been on the verge of attacking Muhammad from the rear. They were judged guilty by one of their Medinan Muslim allies, though Muhammad could have shown mercy, exiled them (as indeed they requested), or executed only a few.

The sentence: Death by decapitation for around 600 men (some Islamic sources say 900), and enslavement for the women and children (he took a beautiful Jewess as his own prize). Muhammad was wise enough to have six clans execute two Jews each in order to stop any blood-feuds. The rest of the executions were probably carried out by his fellow Emigrants from Mecca and lasted the whole night.

The prophet says the following in Sura 33:25-26 about the Battle of the Trench and his treatment of Qurayzah:

33:25 God sent back the disbelievers along with their rage—they gained no benefit—and spared the believers from fighting. He is strong and mighty. 26 He brought those People of the Book [Qurayza] who supported them down from their strongholds and put terror into their hearts. Some of them you [believers] killed and some you took captive. 27 He passed on to you their land, their homes, their possessions, and a land where you had not set foot. God has power over everything. (Haleem)

Now this atrocity has been enshrined in the eternal word of Allah—and the Quran seems to celebrate it. But these questions must be answered: Is intriguing with the enemy equal to slaughtering 600 men and enslaving the women and children? Who decides? The Arab tribal chief with the most powerful army? Muhammad said around the time of his Hijrah in 622 the following:

16:126 If you [people] have to respond to an attack, make your response proportionate, but it is better to be steadfast. (Haleem)

Any reasonable and fair-minded person would judge that Muhammad was not making his response (execution) proportionate to the breach of the agreement. The Qurayzah tribe never attacked the Muslims, and even if a few were to have done so, the punishment does not fit the crime. Therefore, Muhammad was being excessive and disproportionate because he used an irreversible penalty to express his human wrath.

For a fuller account of this atrocity, refer to this article. This one explores Muhammad’s relations with the Jews, answering the standard replies by Muslims for their prophet’s indefensible atrocity (scroll down to "Politics, Warfare, and Conquests," no. 5). See this series of articles for more information about Muhammad's atrocity against the Banu Qurayza. This online index provides other links.

Thus, anti-Semitic violence sits at the heart of early Islam—in Muhammad’s life and in his Quran. Islam is therefore not the religion of peace.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by tbaba1234: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2012
^ What a ludicrous post!!

Be more sincere and honest when presenting an argument....

Bani Qurayzah were judged according to Jewish law for breaking a treaty leading to a situation where hundreds of women an children would have been killed.

This is the summary

-The prophet Muhammad was in a treaty with the Qurayza tribe

-The Qurayza tribe broke the treaty

-Once they broke the treaty they were liable for a punishment

-The Qurayza are not innocent

-The prophet Muhammad made Sa'd the leader who would pronounce judgement over the Quryaza tribe

-The prophet did this at the request of the Al-Aus tribe, an ally of Qurayza

-Sa'd a former Jew judged the Banu Qurayza by their own Torah, from Deuteronomy 20

When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it. And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee. And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it: And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

The double standards and hypocrisy of these Christians, they are attacking the prophet Muhammad for what happened to the Jews of Banu Qurayza, yet when this is in their own Bible they have no problem with it! The Jewish tribe of Qurayza were judged by their own book, their own law, and if Christians feel this is something detestable then they should go burn their Bible and rip this ruling out of their book.

1 Like

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by philipstanley(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2012
speaking gud wit mouth bt de heart allways means de opposite
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by ghazzal: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2012
Nimakor: The problem is they keep tellin us what Islam should be and not what it has become. Aren't we suppose to be dealing with reality? I rest my case.

or you mean: they keep telling you who Muslims should be (seen as) and not what they have been seen to be. Islam remains same.

a report of someone is......."if i had known "muslims" before i got to know islam, i may not become a muslim" that why i say many claim to be muslim but are not fit to be. Muslims have standard of relation in all spheres of life that promote peace. Many fall below this standards and dont care: are they muslims? these are references people use to generalise and judge Islam. I have a Born-Again Christian who has refered to another christian as not being a christian. The Guy who killed Children in Oslo is what.

I think it is just a competition war the MUslims are not conscious of: LOUD THEIR WEEKNESS AND SILENCE THEIR STRENGHTS BUT
LOUD YOUR OUN STRENGHT AND SILENCE YOUR WEEKNESS........... there have been plots from the begining of Human life..... "...and they Plotted and planned, and most high God too planned, and the best of planners is most high God"
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by TheClown: 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Have you asked yourself this question, Why is it only Islam against every other religion? Why does every religion seem to agree that there is inherent violence in Islam? Why do muslims seem to fight with other religions around the world, be it Christianity, Buddhism, HInduism, or even peganism?

Muslims please sit down and contemplate this.

I grew up in a predominatly muslim environment. A cousin of mine, younger than I am once told me bluntly after making effort to get me to convert to Islam that "As we keep telling you and you keep refusing, if it starts, we would not recognize brother oh!" We were both young then and when I reported him his father, he was beaten terribly but this is my own cousin, young as we were then, telling me this.

I didn't need my cousin though to understand my environment then. We, the few Christians in the little town were treated with disdain at the slightest opportunity. There was an incidence that happened then. There was a year that Easter coincided with Id el fitr. The Id mosque was close to the church and while we were inside the church worshiping (Village beating of drums and the rest)the Muslims came also for their Id prayer. All of a sudden, they breezed into the church, we were all shocked, watching them quietly (ofcourse all the celebration stopped). They siezed the drum from the beaters and broke them, broke the other breakable musical instruments and disfigured the gong and others. All after, they made to attack us but restrained themselves, some of them audibly saying "Lets leave them, if we kill them we would be the same people that would bury them." and then left. The prayer leader hurriedly concluded the prayer and we left. In school the next week (primary school then) my mate were making jest of us Christians, childishly portraying Islam to be a religion of the strong.

Now an adult, I have so many muslim friends and very good one also. I once went for studies in India. There in the same class with me, among other people of different nationalities and religion were Indonesians, Malaysians and Bangladeshis who were all Muslims. I initially flowed so well with them, maybe because they thought I was a muslim (I have a Muslim Surname, typical of middle belters). One day, one of them came to my room to invite for a stroll, at about muslim evening prayer time. I gladly followed them and we all rode out on our bicycles. We went through winding streets, unfamilier to me and then appeared at a mosque. They all parked their bicycles and entered into the mosque. They expected me to follow but I instead waited for them outside the mosque. That was test to find out if I was a muslim or not. When they finished and came, they started asking some question that pointed to the fact that they believed I was a converted muslim. I tried to explain that I was never a muslim and that in Nigeria, the name you bear doesn't ultimately indicate your religion at birth but somehow, I only succeded in making them angry. From that day on, all but one Malaysian treated me like I was a thing to be tolerated. The one Malaysian treated me with open animousity and antagonism. I could see the anger in him towards me and I know without doubt that he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if given the opprtunity. It was so bad that even the school authority got a wind of it. And I asked myself, even Malaysia? Yet we had Budhists, Hindus, and an atheist in the class and my religious affiliation meant nothing to them. He later apologised to me just before we passed out and I readily forgave him but the experience would never be forgotten. He actually made my stay in India hell and I cannot remember India without remembering him.

These and more are my experiences, not another person's own.

If Islam is a peaceful and tolerant religion, then Muslims should make efforts to make it actually look so.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by JIMPAUL: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
You we only make sense if you give one current example, We all see it as BLACK AND RED there is know need of you telling us that is WHITE AND BLUE, we all see it very clarely brother find something else to tell us
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Skywalker5(m): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
The Clown:
If Islam is a peaceful and tolerant religion, then Muslims should make efforts to make it actually look so.

Good point
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
BinghiNya: how many muslims practise in the vatican

The Vatican is the privately owned Catholic HQ with about 800 people living there and is just a set of buildings in a 110-acre walled enclave within the city of Rome.

If you truly belief that muslim countries are equivalent to the Vatican and because of this other religions should not be allowed to practice freely, then good for you. Judge for yourself if that's truly tolerant and respectful of the beliefs of others.

1 Like

Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by aytuns(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
dammytosh: I have watched Davinci Code, Watched Lost Tomb of Jesus. Just yesterday, a documentary on the WIFE of jesus came out.

I can't remember anybody losing his life because of this blasphemies.

The Danish cartoonist has more satirical cartoons on Christianity more than Islam. I think the "few" undecided Muslims people claim are painting Islam Black should think twice.

Nobody has monopoly of violence. A day will come when people will fight back if you push them to the wall because it makes no sense to KILL innocent people in far away Afghanistan to protest a movie done by an Egyptian living in America it does not add up and it is simply barbaric.

Like somebody said, real kudos to my Yoruba Muslim brethren, I love them so much. God bless you all.

and in support to that.. The ridicule, and blasphemy christians get from muslims themselves is so much.. Just to mention a few
1. That Jesus isn't the son of God
2. That Christ didn't resurrect
and in and on, and yet has a muslim lost his life for this??,or has the society separated itself from the muslims saying, 'this part is for christians only , any muslim found here might be murdered', has that happened?? Can a muslim answer this question honestly??
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by aytuns(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
dammytosh: I have watched Davinci Code, Watched Lost Tomb of Jesus. Just yesterday, a documentary on the WIFE of jesus came out.

I can't remember anybody losing his life because of this blasphemies.

The Danish cartoonist has more satirical cartoons on Christianity more than Islam. I think the "few" undecided Muslims people claim are painting Islam Black should think twice.

Nobody has monopoly of violence. A day will come when people will fight back if you push them to the wall because it makes no sense to KILL innocent people in far away Afghanistan to protest a movie done by an Egyptian living in America it does not add up and it is simply barbaric.

Like somebody said, real kudos to my Yoruba Muslim brethren, I love them so much. God bless you all.
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by vedaxcool(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
TroGunn:

The Vatican is the privately owned Catholic HQ with about 800 people living there and is just a set of buildings in a 110-acre walled enclave within the city of Rome.

If you truly belief that muslim countries are equivalent to the Vatican and because of this other religions should not be allowed to practice freely, then good for you. Judge for yourself if that's truly tolerant and respectful of the beliefs of others.

And the same vatican have a seat in the united Nations is suddenly an enclave, hiss we really don't take you lip service to tolerance seriously!
Re: 5 Examples Of Outstanding Muslim Tolerance by Hearme(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
EVEN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES LIKE BUK KANO AND UDU SOKOTO HAS NO RECOGNIZED CHAPEL, NOT EVEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. LETS NOT GO TOO FAR LETS LOOK WITHIN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eid-El-Fitr Celebration All Over The World In Pictures / 6 Nigerians Among Crane Crash Victims / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.