Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Some Christians' Disregard For Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Christians' Disregard For Islam (646 Views)

Report On Comparative Lecture Held In Akure (Akure For Islam) By ACADIP / Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Any Near Death Experiences For Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by bilms(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
Religious harmony can not be the case in Nigeria,until both Christian and Muslim reciprocate regards for each other. We can't always expect every one to act friendly in time of a perceived ridicule and provocation to their religion by another religion they have great regard for,it is so because people react differently to issues as human. Sir Ahmadu Bello once said during his life time that, i have
stressed before,that the differences of ethnicity and religion should not bar us from working together for the good of our people. The Christians hold a special place in the regard of Muslims throughout the world. If i add that in the past,there have been occasions when we have sometimes felt that our regard for our Christian brothers was not reciprocated,wh
en intolerance and bigotry were allowed to unnecessarily rein ,then,i do so in the hope that you may all understand that it is my fervent prayer that there differences can and will be overcome. Several Christians hold no regard for Muslims,this doesn't mean that there are no Muslims who hold no regards for Christians too,but from my observation especially on social media where religious issue is being discussed mostly,this trend is much more attributed to some Christians. I have been a victim even though i have never for any reason condemned or disregard any christian before in my life. every comment from their tongue is that of hate,intolerance,insult and provocation capable to stir people into violent reaction if not controlled. My dear Christian brothers,if your words is insulting and provocative enough to stir others into violent reaction,you are even more guilty than those who act violently for you are the cause of the violence. Reciprocate regard with regard.

1 Like

Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by olawalebabs(m): 6:31am On Sep 21, 2012
Just check it out, how many thread is open to condemn christanity, you hardly find one but reverse is the case when it come to condeming islam and muslim.
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by LagosShia: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2012
I think this thread should be moved to the religion section and also be on front page so we can hear from them.
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by bilms(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
it is on religion section already
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 22, 2012
@Lagoshia. This is your first I have ever liked. grin
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by bilms(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2012
?
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by tpia5: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
olawalebabs: Just check it out, how many thread is open to condemn christanity, you hardly find one

you've got to be joking.
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by bilms(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
i dnt get it
Re: Some Christians' Disregard For Islam by olawalebabs(m): 4:20am On Sep 23, 2012
tpia@:

you've got to be joking.
have you check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Al-fajr “ The Awaking” / May God Save Us From These Wives / Muslim Scholars, Please Feed My Inquisition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.