Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,746 members, 7,844,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

How To Identify Blackberry Quality - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Blackberry Quality (3442 Views)

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards / How To Identify An Unknown Caller! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify Blackberry Quality by thelastPope(m): 3:19am On Sep 21, 2012
Hello guys,

This is a little info for blackberry users on how to identify the quality of a blackberry phone.

First of all Dial *#06# to get a display of the 15 digits IMEI number of your BlackBerry.

Example: 316725.10.4690216. The 7th and 8th numbers in between the dots are important numbers here.

If the7th and 8th digits of the IMEI number is 10 That means Ʊr  is manufactured in *FI* Finland with very good quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 02 or 20, then Ʊr  is made in Asia with a bad quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 08 or 80, then Ʊr  was made in *DE* Germany with good quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 03, then Ʊr  was made in *FR* *CA* France or Canada with the best quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 04, then Ʊr  is the limited edition made especially in *CA* Canada with the best quality in the world ...cheesy (y)

If your ‎​ does not fall into one of the above,:$ then Ɣöur  is made in Aba *NG*

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Blackberry Quality by walcolm(m): 6:19am On Sep 21, 2012
thelastPope: Hello guys,

This is a little info for blackberry users on how to identify the quality of a blackberry phone.

First of all Dial *#06# to get a display of the 15 digits IMEI number of your BlackBerry.

Example: 316725.10.4690216. The 7th and 8th numbers in between the dots are important numbers here.

If the7th and 8th digits of the IMEI number is 10 That means Ʊr  is manufactured in *FI* Finland with very good quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 02 or 20, then Ʊr  is made in Asia with a bad quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 08 or 80, then Ʊr  was made in *DE* Germany with good quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 03, then Ʊr  was made in *FR* *CA* France or Canada with the best quality. If the seventh and eighth digit is 04, then Ʊr  is the limited edition made especially in *CA* Canada with the best quality in the world ...cheesy (y)

If your ‎​ does not fall into one of the above,:$ then Ɣöur  is made in Aba *NG*

lol...
Re: How To Identify Blackberry Quality by chucky234(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2012
This a failed theory that has been a circulation for over 4 years, I once bought Curve 8300 from AT & T with contract from their office in the US in 2007 and the 7th and 8th number is 02, five years after that phone is still in my house.
I also have a bold4 from T-mobile bought on pre-order with 02 as IMEI 7th and 8th number,your theory has been around for a long time maybe you stumbled on it somewhere in google.
Re: How To Identify Blackberry Quality by walcolm(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2012
chucky234: This a failed theory that has been a circulation for over 4 years, I once bought Curve 8300 from AT & T with contract from their office in the US in 2007 and the 7th and 8th number is 02, five years after that phone is still in my house.
I also have a bold4 from T-mobile bought on pre-order with 02 as IMEI 7th and 8th number,your theory has been around for a long time maybe you stumbled on it somewhere in google.

i think the WRONG part of his gist is his interpretation that the Asia model (02/20) is of poor quality.

i'm sure you do realize that these hardwares are manufactured in various factories all over the world and OEMs like to know where what is coming from in case of large scale defects. it helps them quickly troubleshoot and avoid expensive PR woes
Re: How To Identify Blackberry Quality by thelastPope(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
chucky234: This a failed theory that has been a circulation for over 4 years, I once bought Curve 8300 from AT & T with contract from their office in the US in 2007 and the 7th and 8th number is 02, five years after that phone is still in my house.

I wouldn't want to be too harsh on China stuff but I will tell you what is a fact.

1. How you use and handle your phone also goes a long way to determine how long it lasts. So a good product could go bad before a bad product.

2. China manufactures phones for western companies but the product quality is always different from those sold within China itself. The US and Europe have standards and will not accept any product that doesn't meet those standards except they are smuggled in. If you go to China, you will see several different qualities of the same product on display for many items.
Re: How To Identify Blackberry Quality by chucky234(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
thelastPope:

I wouldn't want to be too harsh on China stuff but I will tell you what is a fact.

1. How you use and handle your phone also goes a long way to determine how long it lasts. So a good product could go bad before a bad product.

2. China manufactures phones for western companies but the product quality is always different from those sold within China itself. The US and Europe have standards and will not accept any product that doesn't meet those standards except they are smuggled in. If you go to China, you will see several different qualities of the same product on display for many items.
I was one of the first people that debated that theory in 2007,if you conclude that a blackberry phone with its 7th and 8th IMEI number as 04 were manufactured in Canada where was those Mexico BB with 04 manufactured?
I have been importing BB from RIM dealer shop in Canada and many of them do come with 02 even most branded ones from US has 02 as 7th and 8th number of their IMEI,that theory is baseless and has remained unproven since it first surfaced on the internet in 2007.

(1) (Reply)

Requirement For BBM On ANDROID And IOS / Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 / Hot!!!! Airtel 200 For 20GB Valid For 25days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.