Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,720 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

2015 and what the Igbo must do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 and what the Igbo must do (689 Views)

Delta Igbo Must Not Get PDP's Guber Ticket Else.......urhobo Tells Gej,uduaghan / Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu / Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 and what the Igbo must do by FSU: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
A Nigerian president of Igbo extraction is not the Igbo problem especially in 2015

Instead, Igbos should continue to work for state equality and even development of the country. The greatest cause of less federal development in Igboland than in other places is the fact that we have less number of states, so losing billions in regional allocation annually.
We still have Enugu Airport, R. Niger bridge and Aba inland port to talk about, among other deserving federal projects
Igbo should be fighting for voting rights for diaspora Nigerians. This will give strong voting power to the huge Igbo population outside the country.

Jonathan should complete his term in 2015 and then things will unfold in 2019.

Ask yourselves what has the North gained from ruling Nigeria all these years? They are still the poorest Nigerians
What did the SW gain under Obsanjo? They are next in the poverty line in Nigeria.
What is the SS gaining under Jonathan? Nothing tangible.
What will an Igbo president do for Igbos?

Even if Igbos were to produce the presidency, it is not with folks like Kalu. Not when Soludo, Nnaji, Nnamani, Ezekwesili, Okonjo Iweala and other top-notch Igbos are there.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by FSU: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
I am an Igbo man and I approve this message (my personal opinion)
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
I also align with your school of thought. I just hope Igbos will vote in the best candidate irrespective of tribal affiliation. But that person must have the interest of Igbos at heart.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by FSU: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: I also align with your school of thought. I just hope Igbos will vote in the best candidate irrespective of tribal affiliation. But that person must have the interest of Igbos at heart.

That is the way to go. The presidency has not guaranteed automatic development for any region. But of course not for some incompetent, highly corrupt Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani to be handed the presidency without a contest. Somehow, I do support what Orji said about people voting for their own: something that the SW and North have been doing already, anyways. Per Nigeria's electoral laws, if I am correct, you need to win votes from each zone to be a president. So it is possible that there will be a stalemate that will require sitting on a round table to iron out. People underate Igbo population to their own peril. Igbo vote in SW put GEJ there in Aso Rock. Yorubas did not vote for him. Such stalemate will be more advantageous for the Igbo if we support GEJ to finish his second term. So we know that in 2019, it is a 3-way fight between SE/SS and SW and North. If we support SS again, I do not see why they will not support us in 2019.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by FSU: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Fact is that an Igbo president for Nigeria can only be delayed. It cannot be denied (that is, if Nigeria remains one). It is a matter of time.

I will prefer to sit back for now (short term) and watch Nigeria implode or be run rudderlessly like it has been over the past 50 years by the North and to a lesser extent the SW.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
FSU: If we support SS again, I do not see why they will not support us in 2019.

POLITICS is NEVER run just dis way U run ur MOUTH...

My penny!!!!!!
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by AndreUweh(m): 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
O.U. K in this instance hasn't said people should vote for him as president come 2015. He wants an Igbo as president and that could be anyone from the south south or south east Igbo.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by FSU: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
Andre Uweh: O.U. K in this instance hasn't said people should vote for him as president come 2015. He wants an Igbo as president and that could be anyone from the south south or south east Igbo.

I very much doubt that after Jonathan any southerner will rule Nigeria again until the Igbo have done so.
Re: 2015 and what the Igbo must do by Soulcaine(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
I sincerely think that the clamour for an igbo president is selfishly motivated and diversionary @ best. It does not in any way address the marginalisation of the SE but rather make big pockets bigger and attack ''anti-igbo elements''. Being from the north i am yet to see the tangible gains of the north having had power for years. The SE to prepare itself and the relevant machineries for a successful attempt @ gaining a foothold in the presidency. Any immediate move for power by any of her power brokers (SE) i would say is for selfish reasons. How do u explain the emergence of elechi as ebonyi gov? T A ORJI who buys land and property all over umuahia as if its d new NYC and he is Trump ? Forget 2015 as a presidentia yr. Build ur machineries, elect selfless reps, groom these reps and then; NIGERIA awaits ur president.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blackout Hits 8 States, PHCN / Is The Time Ripe For Gun Rights In Nigeria? / 2015 Is Just Too Far!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.