Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay (773 Views)

160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account / Let Us Do Your Work Freely For You And Get Free Stuffs / 5 Top Freelancing Sites To Outsource Your Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by guru01(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Dear webmasters,
I will like to know how i can protect my work just incase a client refuse to comply(pay up) after uploading the work.
please i need to learn this Techniques.

Thank you.
Re: How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
For me the best way is to hold the password untill the payment is complete
Re: How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by wyckliffe(m): 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
He still has the site online even if you hold password. You must state your terms in your proposal at onset so if you suspend or put offline, he cannot raise dust.

Also do your site on a demo folder not main directory for them to see. After getting satisfactory payment, redirect domain to it
Re: How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by mj(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
DualCORE will have a better answer to the question, I can remember vividly about 2yrs ago, he did sometn on dz. DualCore we need u hear.
Re: How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by DualCore1: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
mj: DualCORE will have a better answer to the question, I can remember vividly about 2yrs ago, he did sometn on dz. DualCore we need u hear.
Do you mean the obfuscation/encoding method where the code self destructs after some time? Well that's one way but here's a better way that I have used and will never stop using... the client can accept it or go.

In the agreement it is clearly stated that a particular percentage (not less than 50%) will be collected before work starts and on completion all the project will be uploaded to a temporary location on my domain for the owner to fully test it and make sure it complies to all his requirements. After all the back and forth revisions and the client is happy with the whole job, he pays up the balance before the files are transferred to him.

In other words I will NEVER take a site LIVE or hand files over to the owner until its fully paid for. If they don't want, they should go... and by the way I haven't seen a serious client who has refused or tried to amend that part of the agreement... its not even subject to amendment.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Work Just Incase Client Refuse To Pay by mj(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2012
Yh, I like d new method u are using. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ads On Facebook...which One Is The Best CPC V Cpimpression / / Wordpress Error [help]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.