Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nairaland Members Car Day - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairaland Members Car Day (8764 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Members Car Day by Ikenna351(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Can we organise this here? Feed your eyes on the links below and lets know what you think.

French Car Day in US & Australia:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2369-1st-annual-peugeot-owners-of-north-america-meet/

http://leckyphoto.smugmug.com/Cars/French-Car-Festivals/French-Car-Festival-2011/16849935_GZFjgh#!i=1272006403&k=D8Z5twm

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?93090-Canberra-French-Car-Day-2011-5-Nov-2011

http://www.smugmug.com/share/gn7PyY47BQB4E

I really find this car French car or Peugeot day interesting. We can all work it out, if we are interested. All we need is a venue, an open space. Then, either we get a sponsor or sponsors or we donate.i.e. Mr. A pledges to bring a create of can Guinness stout to the venue that day, Mr. B pledges to bring a create of can Malt, while Mr. C pledges 20 pieces of take-away plates/containers of rice, bottle waters, etc. We choose a day in November or December for the event.

We can choose to display cars like these:

1. Japanese cars
2. Korean cars
3. German cars
4. American cars
5. French cars
6. Others (comprises of other regions)

Or, we can choose to do it according to regions or brands, like US and Australia has been doing.

Its just a suggestion. But its a all about fun, coming together to talk about cars, display our Cars, feed our eyes, take pictures, eat and drink, depart and wait for another year for the get together.

We can still choose to remain faceless (not disclose our usernames here) when we gather.

Like i said, its just a suggestion. And please, no one is asking anyone to donate any money to anyone. You will come with whatever you want to share with others on that day.

Should it be strictly for car owners only? Should it be strictly for Naiaraland members only? Any other idea on how best to do this?

We can choose to organise it in these 4 cities: Abuja, Lagos, Enugu & Port-Harcourt.

So guys, can we do this?

Ikenna.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ikenna351: Can we organise this here? Feed your eyes on the links below and lets know what you think.

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2369-1st-annual-peugeot-owners-of-north-america-meet/

http://leckyphoto.smugmug.com/Cars/French-Car-Festivals/French-Car-Festival-2011/16849935_GZFjgh#!i=1272006403&k=D8Z5twm

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?93090-Canberra-French-Car-Day-2011-5-Nov-2011

I really find this car French car or Peugeot day interesting. We can all work it out, if we are interested. All we need is a venue, an open space. Then, either we get a sponsor or sponsors or we donate.i.e. Mr. A pledges to bring a create of can Guinness stout to the venue that day, Mr. B pledges to bring a create of can Malt, while Mr. C pledges 20 pieces of take-away plates/containers of rice, bottle waters, etc. We choose a day in November or December for the event.

1. Japanese cars
2. Korean cars
3. German cars
4. American cars
5. French cars

Or, we can choose to do it according to regions or brands, like US and Australia has been doing.

Its just a suggestion. But its a all about fun, coming together to talk about cars, display our Cars, feed our eyes, take pictures, eat and drink, depart and wait for another year for the get together.

We can still choose to remain faceless (not disclose our usernames here) when we gather.

Like i said, its just a suggestion. And please, no one is asking anyone to donate any money to anyone. You will come with whatever you want to share with others on that day.

Should it be strictly for car owners only? Should it be strictly for Naiaraland members only? Any better idea on this way of doing it?

We can choose to organise it in these 4 cities: Abuja, Lagos, Enugu & Port-Harcourt.

So guys, can we do this?

Ikenna.
Yes, I love this. Let us do it but it should not be limited to car owners alone, all NL members should perticipate.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Martini101(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
Making sense!
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by babeface3: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
WOW, CAR FREAKS like us will readily embrace this. How do we go about it. Im fully game
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by femi4: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
Will this work on NL?
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by dotna(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
hmmm. preferable on a Saturday evening. already thinking of a crate of can guinness malt
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
Are Nigerian cars welcomed?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by gulfer: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Where's the venue @ cos I must not miss this if I can......Already whetting my appetite to meet them GURUS..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by gabriel212: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
NICE and highly interesting it is very possible but let put it to December coz most people will be free by then. let put it at the 1st or 2nd week
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Daunashamed(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice move,what better way to demostrate unity is there than this? And what a sweet way it would be to spend the christmas-new year holiday,at list even workers will have time to participate,but let it not be restricted to car owners alone,let all the facets of NL Be involved;fashion,phone,car,computer,writing...freaks.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Andrew3(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
All I see are archaic, barbaric, denouced I mean excommunicated scraps. angry angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by DIG1: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
Abj NLders, where are u @,or are u guys not interested? OK, d fear of BH is d beginning of .........
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Orikinla(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Without talking too much here, I love cars, I have cars and I do sell cars with the best bargains in the world. NISSAN, TOYOTA, HONDA, FORD, BMW, RANGE ROVER, ETC.

If you need them, just send me a PM.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by dregun: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'm so game ppl
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by dammytex: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
Are you sure you want to do Japanese Car Day in Nigeria?

Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by BabaEleko(m): 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
Please notify me when Jet owners and getting together. G4 and G5 only.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Afolabs101: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
I think its a good idea, but I'd say we should focus on car customisation or something. We don't have a large enough car brand appreciation culture to have a US or Japanese or VW car day.

So that enough people show up, we should keep it open for anyone with a cool car and anyone who appreciates such
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by DisGuy: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
A pledges to bring a create of can Guinness stout to the venue that day

considering many will be driving soon afterwards TUT TUT

nice idea ive done a 206 meet up with 206info
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by ayodeji1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice idea.let's think of a suitable venue.I'm in!
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by texazzpete(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
99% of the Kidnappers and car thieves in Nigeria will start closely monitoring this thread.

So basically it'll be an expensive (venue ain't cheap) gathering where we can all strut around our expensive toys and feel great about our lives? What next, show off your wife/baby day?

if you want a meet-up, that's fine...but the car part just seems a little....tacky cheesy

Flame me if you wish grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Remmyode(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ikenna351: Can we organise this here? Feed your eyes on the links below and lets know what you think.

1. Japanese cars
2. Korean cars
3. German cars
4. American cars
5. French cars

Should it be strictly for car owners only? Should it be strictly for Naiaraland members only? Any other idea on how best to do this?

So guys, can we do this?

Ikenna.

Nice one, it will be a good avenue to make new friends and get new connection. Looking forward guys.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Cupidkc(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
Think i will borrow my uncle's car...lol.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by mkoabiola: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Are we going to show case our exotic cars or buy new cars dere,anyway it a nce idea. But wait oo,if we are buying cars it must b cheap
Wat abt dose way nva get.make una update us ooo
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Ikenna351(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ok. For those of us in Abuja, where do you think will be big enough to contain everyone?

Honestly, I initially planned to organise only Peugeot day or French car day, but i decided to bring it to the notice of other brand car owners and lovers. It seems everyone is interested. But, like someone has noted, a space that will be big enough to take Japanese cars is where the problem is. For American and Euro cars, that wont be an issue. But for Asian cars, thats something else.

So guys, what do we do? Do you want us to it by brands (e.g. Peugeot day, VW & Audi day, etc), by countries ( French car day, German car day, Japanese car day, etc) or simply Nairaland car day (all brands)?

The same is applicable to Lagos, Enugu & PH. If we can sort it out with any of the cities, the rest will take the same pattern.

So?

Ikenna
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Easier said than done they say.d other tym,we're talkin abt organising a party 4 all nairalanders whose birthdays fall on d 1st of oct,av nt heard anytin in lieu of d said party,nw,its a gatherin 4 car owners.
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Ikenna351(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
mko abiola: Are we going to show case our exotic cars or buy new cars dere,anyway it a nce idea. But wait oo,if we are buying cars it must b cheap
Wat abt dose way nva get.make una update us ooo

Its not going to be an auto trade fair. This is different. Its a car fun fair, where Nairaland members gather once a year to display their cars, feed their eyes, discuss cars, eat and drink, make friends, etc.

This will be the first time its going to take place in Nigeria, and will be maintained, courtesy of Nairaland. Posterity will remember us.

I also do believe that if we succeed in doing it this year, it will attract sponsors, even the car manufacturers will be interested in associating themselves in the events. Also, it will draw a lot Nigerians, non members, to Nairaland. No one will see us catching our fun and will like to be left out next time.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by blackrules1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
nice pictures. Old, clean and strong. Peugeot is good.

Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
cool neat concept. let me know how it goes down!
Re: Nairaland Members Car Day by gidjah(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
As an FCT based,will really wonder which venue can take up all my fellow N landers ,..nt even d biggest 5star resort in Abuja wil do.Though d idea is perfect by me, lets make it an all members day,bt it mst be a car talk arena,just car talks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Recalls 2003 - 2007 Accords Due To Fire Risk / Are Women Safer Drivers Than Men? / Why Does My Honda Accord 2005 Model Rev Itself Any Time I Start It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.