Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,444 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Lamido For President!!! 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido For President!!! 2015 (1043 Views)

See The World’s Most Educated President 2015 / . / Meet Your Next President -2015- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido For President!!! 2015 by peruso: 9:42am On Sep 22, 2012
The talk about Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido’s interest in contesting the 2015 presidential election is no fluke after all. The idea is gradually taking a life of its own. In some corners at Aso Rock Presidential Villa, the Jigawa governor is being referred to as the president with the small ‘p’ and President Jonathan with the big ‘p’. And already there seems to be mutual suspicion and a battle of wit between the President and the Jigawa governor. This played out starkly last week during President Jonathan’s trip to Malawi and Botswana. The President had invited two governors – Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole and Lamido – to travel with him.

Sources at the Villa said Lamido did not show up for the trip for some inexplicable reason, which I guess perhaps might be the discomfort that getting too cosy with the president he would soon challenge at the PDP primary would likely generate. But truth is it’s not too clear what actually transpired between Abuja and Dutse over that trip. One account, which I guess may have been dished out by Dutse in the emerging battle of wit, is that the governor failed to make the trip because the President asked Lamido to be part of the advance team as he (the President) was going with a smaller aircraft because the main presidential jet had been sent out for maintenance checks.

According to that account, the governor pointedly refused to go as part of the advance team and so didn’t show up, but that to the chagrin of Dutse the President who allegedly wanted Lamido to go as part of advance team accommodated Edo Governor Oshiomhole in his plane. Those who should know actually said the main presidential aircraft had gone for maintenance. Meanwhile, Governor Lamido was at the Villa once the President returned from the trip. And as President Jonathan sighted him, he jokingly said: “Jigawa Governor, the man who refused to travel with me.”
Tags: Nigeria, Featured, Politics, Sule Lamido
Re: Lamido For President!!! 2015 by ujchief(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2012
I guess the link to ur source is too long to paste here, or is this another beer parlour gosip?
Re: Lamido For President!!! 2015 by aare07(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2012
ENDS WILL JUSTIFY THE MEANS.............
Re: Lamido For President!!! 2015 by Sijo01(f): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2012
ujchief: I guess the link to ur source is too long to paste here, or is this another beer parlour gosip?

Lmaoo.
Re: Lamido For President!!! 2015 by EkoAtlantic: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2012
This mallam won be president of Nigeria?! shocked

Not smart
Not presentable
Not charismatic
Not brilliant
Not disciplined
Can't be recognized internationally
A village boy
Not educated.
He better face his OX and Oxen

Re: Lamido For President!!! 2015 by peruso: 2:42am On Sep 30, 2012
Eko Atlantic: This mallam won be president of Nigeria?! shocked

Not smart
Not presentable
Not charismatic
Not brilliant
Not disciplined
Can't be recognized internationally
A village boy
Not educated.
He better face his OX and Oxen

YOUR REASONS PROFERRED FOR HIM NOT BEING QUALIFIED ARE BASICALLY ALL TRASH
NOT SMART YET HE WAS 'SMART ENOUGH TO BECOME A GOVERNOR OF A STATE DESPITE ALL THE SO CALL SMART GUYS THERE
NOT PRESENTABLE? WELL THIS IS NOT YOURS TO TOATLLY DEFINE
NOT CHARISMATIC WELL I GUESS THE 'I HAD NO SHOES' SPEECH WAS VERY CHARISMATIC LOOK WHERE IT HAS TAKEN US TO
NOT BRILLIANT COMMON!!!!!!!
CANT BE RECOGNISED INTERNATIONALLY YOU MEAN NOW OR AFTER HE BECOMES THATS IF HE BECOMES
A VILLAGE BOY OK.....LOL (FYI I'M A VILLAGE BOY ALSO)
NOT EDUCATED? HE IS
I LEAVE YOUR LAST REASON TO YOU AND YOU ALONE

(1) (Reply)

NATIONALITY Vs Citizenship...........the BAKASSI Case. / Russian Millitary Stretegies / Bloody Islamic Revolution Is Coming To Northern Nigeria, Says Christian Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.