Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,042 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) (3279 Views)

What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity? / Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2012
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2012
part 2 continues......

http://youtu.be/tOPm71LWv8s
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2012
The Trinity—Does the Bible Teach It? (Part 3)

http://youtu.be/eMW7uJQDhUs
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2012
The Trinity—Does the Bible Teach It? (Part 4)

http://youtu.be/-lD5zubQfcU
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2012
The Trinity—Does the Bible Teach It? (Part 5)

http://youtu.be/HnHE6r1EP-o
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2012
The Trinity—Does the Bible Teach It? (Part 6)

http://youtu.be/qRph3YxLjoU
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2012
[size=16pt]Christ told us he was sent by his Father/God, We ought to believe he was sent.

These videos clearly explains the pagan origin of the Trinity.[/size]
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2012
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, [b]is greater than all;[/b]and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Jesus saying God is greater than all, including himself.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2012
John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

We see in many verses that Jesus tells us that He was sent by God, He clearly stated here that God that "sent" Him is greater, in order worlds, He is lesser than God because he is the "servant of God"

1 Like

Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2012
plappville: John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

We see in many verses that Jesus tells us that He was sent by God, He clearly stated here that God that "sent" Him is greater, in order worlds, He is lesser than God because he is the "servant of God"
agreed!
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2012
Trinitarians like to assume some superiority of intellectual argument , forgetting that the wisdom of God is revealed to babes not the high and mighty or those who think they have the absolute truth.

At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. - Matthew 11:25

Analysing this scripture where Jesus called God the father, Trinitarians have a major problem, how can God call God Father ?

I held on to this lie for most of my existence until a few months ago when I looked at the church, the confusion, the infiltration of demonic spirits, the false tithe doctrine and other madness, I started to investigate all these doctrines one by one and found most to be false and rooted in Greek paganism which corrupted the early church from about the 3rd century.

The Spirit of GOD has only one gospel to deliver, God is not spreading multiple messages only one , but men have corrupted this message to suit their illusions.

How about this verse ;

New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

Here Jesus says you should worship the Lord your God and serve him only.

With Trinitirain logic, this should read :
New International Version (©1984)
GOD answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

May God be merciful and open eyes.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
@Frosbel you are so right, the scripture is very clear on the socalled trinity doctrine. Jesus did not made Himself God, but men who twist the bible does.

Isaiah 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Like the verse you qouted, At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. - Matthew 11:25

Can't they see that Jesus have to pray to God who is greater than him? The trinitarian Doctrine has a strong spirit holding those who have failed to believe who Christ says he"IS".

Like you say, God will open our eyes.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Boomark(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
I don't know what comes to the mind when people who believe in trinity read chapters like this:

John 20:17. Jesus said to her 'do not cling to me for i have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.'
they said He has not entered heaven that time. Ok how about this one in ephesians?

Eph 1:17. That THE GOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, The Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
We all know that the Head of man is Christ and the Head of Christ is God(1Cor11:3). And people are still holding fast to trinity.

1Tim2:5. For there is only one God and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

Why not ask your self, does the bible contradict its self? Why would the verses above tell me some thing different from the trinity i believe in? Don't cloud your judgment with what you are told to believe.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Pack declears that God plainly commands the rejection of the trinity in this verse.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: He also made reference to this verse that completely condermn the trinity. God is one not 3 in one.

"Isaiah 44:6 Beside me there is no God" One "GOD" firmly, not one "BEIGN"

Jesus again talking about Him been sent by God. John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. We have never and cannot see God shape. Yet people believe God came to earth, thay confirm they have SEEN GOD.

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

I strongly advise trinitarians to view this video from part 1 -6.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
Boomark: I don't know what comes to the mind when people who believe in trinity read chapters like this:

John 20:17. Jesus said to her 'do not cling to me for i have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.'
they said He has not entered heaven that time. Ok how about this one in ephesians?

Eph 1:17. That THE GOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, The Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
We all know that the Head of man is Christ and the Head of Christ is God(1Cor11:3). And people are still holding fast to trinity.

1Tim2:5. For there is only one God and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

Why not ask your self, does the bible contradict its self? Why would the verses above tell me some thing different from the trinity i believe in? Don't cloud your judgment with what you are told to believe.

My broda, it is the spirit of pride. trinitarians wouldn't want to believe they have been lied to. This video gave a clear historical details of the trinity doctrine.
I onced believed it without know why. But because i want to know the truth so i can be set free, i had to search for the the truth. The truth is the bible not what men think of Jesus.
I wouldn't want to fit this verse below.

mark 7:7 But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ichuka(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
plappville: Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Pack declears that God plainly commands the rejection of the trinity in this verse.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: He also made reference to this verse that completely condermn the trinity. God is one not 3 in one.

"Isaiah 44:6 Beside me there is no God" One "GOD" firmly, not one "BEIGN"

Jesus again talking about Him been sent by God. John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. We have never and cannot see God shape. Yet people believe God came to earth, thay confirm they have SEEN GOD.

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

I strongly advise trinitarians to view this video from part 1 -6.

If your acsertation is that our Lord Jesus Christ is not God,then Salvation itself is the biggest fraud of alltime!!
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
i.chuka:

If your acsertation is that our Lord Jesus Christ is not God,then Salvation itself is the biggest fraud of alltime!!

you are grossly deceived.

stick to the bible.

what are the conditions for salvation in the BIBLE not the gospel according to i.chuka

Concerning the Ethopian Eunuch , Philipp says :

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Notice here, Son of God , not God or God the Son.

Acts 5:42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Here the apostles proclaimed Jesus as the Christ , the anointed one of GOD not GOD

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9

Note this verse says that Jesus is LORD not GOD and even goes further to say that GOD Almighty raised Jesus from the dead.

Obviously we can deduct from this one statement that God could not have raised GOD from the dead because God is immortal and therefore cannot die , only MAN is mortal and subject to death, hence Jesus was a MAN and not GOD.

To conclude , let us mention the story of a Jailer in the early church that was desperate for salvation after he saw the miracle that God had performed for Paul and Silas in prison.

"29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" - Acts 16:29-31

Consider Paul's words carefully.

He did not say , if you believe Jesus is GOD you will be saved, he said LORD.

I rest my case.

Just to help you , to get salvation , you need to repent from your sins, believe and confess that Jesus is LORD and be baptized.

Praise GOD.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
i.chuka:

Do u mean u kept blind eyes of thoses verses? I didn't say it, the bible says it. Jesus told us he was Sent by God. do you mean He lied? or what does it means to be sent, someone sent him, He did not or cannot send himself. get it!!
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by plappville(f): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
frosbel:

stick to the bible.

what are the conditions for salvation in the BIBLE not the gospel according to i.chuka

"If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Acts 5:42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Here the apostles proclaimed Jesus as the Christ , the anointed one of GOD not GOD

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9

Note this verse says that Jesus is LORD not GOD and even goes further to say that GOD Almighty raised Jesus from the dead.

Obviously we can deduct from this one statement that God could not have raised GOD from the dead because God is immortal and therefore cannot die , only MAN is mortal and subject to death, hence Jesus was a MAN and not GOD.

To conclude , let us mention the story of a Jailer in the early church that was desperate for salvation after he saw the miracle that God had performed for Paul and Silas in prison.

"29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" - Acts 16:29-31

I rest my case.

Just to help you , to get salvation , you need to repent from your sins, believe and confess that Jesus is LORD and be baptized.

Praise GOD.

They hold so firmly to this doctrine, so whatever the scriptures openly says to oppose thier believe, they just keep a lind eyes to it.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ichuka(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
plappville:

Do u mean u kept blind eyes of thoses verses? I didn't say it, the bible says it. Jesus told us he was Sent by God. do you mean He lied? or what does it means to be sent, someone sent him, He did not or cannot send himself. get it!!

The concept of Salvation involves two parties only,God and man.so its either our Lord Jesus Christ is God or He is merely a man.
So the choice is yours to chose who He is in your life.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ichuka(m): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

stick to the bible.

I rest my case.

Praise GOD.

Dude,if Jesus was the third party,He would not have qualified to die for us.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by okeyxyz(m): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2012
@OP, I watched the 30 min video part-1 and I'm amazed that this guy spent(wasted) a whole, precious 30 min rigmaroling about nothing in particular, he never ventured the explain what the trinity is or is-not, he just loves to hear himself talk, and talk he did, just talk!!. 30mins with no teaching? 30 min with no insight or revelation? He totally failed the subject-matter. So how does he expect me or anybody with precious time to continue with the whole series? Never!! I can't put myself through all that, the first taste of his "talk" is enough for me and I shalln't be learning anything from him soon. People like him just get on my nerves. Rather than go straight into teaching, they just talk!, and talk!!, and talk!!!, or when writing, they just write! and write!! and write!!!.
All he had to do was simply tell and explain how there is or is-no trinity, and give evidence(and logic) from scripture. How hard can that be?? 30 min of talk! talk!! talk!!!. GAWD!!!.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ijawkid(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2012
The trinity has always been a fraud since its inception......

I have never believed the trinity in my life.....

For all those who are seeing the truth...ur welcome...

Never give up in speaking what is right.....

Some might be obstinate to the truth,others might argue a little and then go back to really meditate to test out if what they'v been fed with all there lives is the truth......

If Jesus said His Father and God is also our Father and God then what else does a trinitarian want?.....

Jesus made those statements in his glorified state.(Ressurected state)........

The God of Jesus is my GOD.....

1 Like

Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by okeyxyz(m): 10:50am On Sep 23, 2012
So what is the trinity? To say there are three persons in one god is false, but there are infact three entities that we know as references to God, being the Father, Son & Holy-Spirit. Now the spirit as we know it is not a person but a knowledge/attribute/characteristic that originates from the father, the same spirit that the Son operates by and anybody that truely knows the christian God. Now when we say there is ONE TRUE God, we are actually referring to the spirit, for there is ONE TRUE SPIRIT(knowlege/character/attribute) of God, we are not referring to the father. It is this "one spirit" that makes God recognizable to a christian. He can judge by the attributes of a situation whether the will(spirit) of god is present, It is by the spirit you can judge all things, thus: "the Spirit teaches you all things" because it's characteristics are plane and recognizable.
So who is the Father? He is the first to operate by this spirit, thus "The Father", The second person to operate by this spirit issuing from the father is Jesus Christ, thus "God The Son" and subsequently any true christian is a "God the Son" and equal with God the Father, just like christ is. They are given birth to by the spirit(baptism by the spirit).
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2012
okeyxyz: So what is the trinity? To say there are three persons in one god is false, but there are infact three entities that we know as references to God, being the Father, Son & Holy-Spirit.

The word Trinity is a misnomer.

Making the statement that there are "three persons in one god is false, but there are infact three entities that we know as references to God" is playing games of illusion with the mind. Twisting words for want of a better word.

Now the spirit as we know it is not a person but a knowledge/attribute/characteristic that originates from the father,

The Trinitarians will disagree with you here, they call the Spirit a Person. This is the bone of contention.

Appears I agree with you here.

the same spirit that the Son operates by and anybody that truely knows the christian God. Now when we say there is ONE TRUE God, we are actually referring to the spirit, for there is ONE TRUE SPIRIT(knowlege/character/attribute) of God, we are not referring to the father. It is this "one spirit" that makes God recognizable to a christian. He can judge by the attributes of a situation whether the will(spirit) of god is present, It is by the spirit you can judge all things, thus: "the Spirit teaches you all things" because it's characteristics are plane and recognizable.

The Spirit is God's Spirit which he gives without measure, let's keep things plain and simple.

"For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit." - John 3:34

So who is the Father? He is the first to operate by this spirit, thus "The Father", The second person to operate by this spirit issuing from the father is Jesus Christ, thus "God The Son" and subsequently any true christian is a "God the Son" and equal with God the Father, just like christ is. They are given birth to by the spirit(baptism by the spirit).

This is a new one oo grin , I hope you are not into the grail movement !

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Boomark(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2012
@ i.chuks
read 1Tim2:5 in my post above or better with your own bible and stop being confused.

@Okey
I don't even know where to start believing you. Your own bible can not be printed. Asked your teachers what they believe in and then come back and read what is here.

Most of us were like that before, following what they teach us whether true or false and defending it. If you cultivate the spirit of wanting to know you will know.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by okeyxyz(m): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:
The word Trinity is a misnomer.

True!

frosbel:
Making the statement that there are "three persons in one god is false, but there are infact three entities that we know as references to God" is playing games of illusion with the mind. Twisting words for want of a better word.

OK let's break it down: Are there bible references to the father? to the Son? and the Holy-Spirit? as distinct entities? Are these references not about God? Is this not where the misconception of "three persons in on God" comes from? I'm wondering what parts of my statements you dispute.

frosbel:
The Spirit is God's Spirit which he gives without measure, let's keep things plain and simple.

"For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit." - John 3:34

OK, We know that god gives his spirit without measure, but what exactly is this spirit? What is it's definition? The popular description of spirit is "a Ghost". This is misleading, which is why I'd made effort to describe it as a knowledge/character. So what does God give without measure if not his knowledge? it's definitely not a Ghost we are talking about here. It's that knowledge without measure that makes one truly a god, not small god but the god.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by okeyxyz(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
Boomark:
@Okey
I don't even know where to start believing you. Your own bible can not be printed. Asked your teachers what they believe in and then come back and read what is here.

So, what parts of "My own bible" do you disagree with??
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ichuka(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
@Bookmark
The Bible is not one of your psychological text books.its either you grasp the concept of Life in it or you are totally as blind as a bat to the issue of Life it expresses.
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
i.chuka:
@Bookmark
The Bible is not one of your psychological text books.its either you grasp the concept of Life in it or you are totally as blind as a bat
to the issue of Life it expresses.

And this is how you represent Christ !
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by ichuka(m): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
frosbel:

And this is how you represent Christ !

On a more serious note,who is Christ to you?
Re: The Trinity—does The Bible Teach It? (part 1) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
i.chuka:

On a more serious note,who is Christ to you?

The SON of GOD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When My Son Survived A Serious Accident, I Didn’t Thank God. I Thanked Honda / Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God / Who Killed More People In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.