Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film (21146 Views)

Jos Bomb Blasts: Angry Protesters Burn Churches — Police / Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
Anti-Islam Film Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano
Posted: September 22, 2012 - 18:30
By SaharaReporters, New York

A large crowd of protesters took over Kano streets earlier today to protest the US made low budget film that portrayed Prophet Mohammed in a bad light.

The rally which began in the Fagge area of Kano was organized by the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, a pro-Iran shite group.

The protesters sang anti-US and Isreali songs while marching through the city of Kano from a mosque in Fagge eventually ending the protest at the palace of the Emir Kano where they burnt the American flag before dispersing peacefully.

Heavily armed Nigerian troops kept a watchful eye on the protesters throughout the march.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-islam-film-protesters-burn-us-flag-kano

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
something does not seem right about the last pic undecided

26 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by nduchucks: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
Our Kano indigenes of Igbo extraction are represented in this protest.

I await the spin which our very own Eze Ndigbo Gburubguru of NL, Onlytruthprotester, will put on this one. Igbo Kwueze nu!! cheesy

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/829605_kano_-_5_jpg4511c06e1afa7a204b97ff8f2d9b32e3[/img]

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: Our Kano indigenes of Igbo etraction are represented in this protest.

I await the spin which our very own Eze Ndigbo Gburubguru of NL, Onlytruthprotester, will put on this one. Igbo Kwueze nu!! cheesy

[
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gbam that last pic na die grin grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: Our Kano indigenes of Igbo etraction are represented in this protest.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/829605_kano_-_5_jpg4511c06e1afa7a204b97ff8f2d9b32e3[/img]

i knew you will jump out. grin however i doubt those guys are really igbos.

1)if they are really igbos why would they have to dress like that for a demonstration that would likely lead to a confrontation or outright riot?to prove what?is it a cultural display ?to even think they even carried ofor [/b]to a possible riot?who are they deceiving?

2)with the crises going on in the north ie boko haram and the caualties that have affected the igbo population there [b]it would be foolish to join majority northern individuals for this kind of religous demonstration in which igbos often are even main targets in the north.

somebody must be really pulling a fast one here

15 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by dasparrow: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
asha 80: something does not seem right about the last pic undecided

LOL grin
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
if only these fake and hypocritical muslims will rise up like this against boko haram terrorism, religious intolerance and everything negativ then they would win my respect. but for now i see them as nothing but terrorists and hypocrites.
piss!!!

18 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
asha 80: something does not seem right about the last pic undecided

something is definitely wrong about those pixs.
those guys ain't igbos. some of them are corpers pretending to be igbos. check their shoe

9 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
rafhell:

those guys ain't igbos. some of them are corpers pretending to be igbos. check their shoe

that is why i earlier wrote this

1)if they are really igbos why would they have to dress like that for a demonstration that would likely lead to a confrontation or outright riot?to prove what?is it a cultural display huh?to even think they even carried ofor [/b]to a possible riot?who are they deceiving?

2)with the crises going on in the north ie boko haram and the caualties that have affected the igbo population there [b]it would be foolish to join majority northern individuals for this kind of religous demonstration in which igbos often are even main targets in the north.

somebody must be really pulling a fast one here

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by ebere1712: 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
These people are goddamn ridiculous. Wetin concern Igbo with Aboki religion grin

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by nduchucks: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
rafhell:

Continue to deceive yourself. These are Igbo muslims who live in Kano and their participation in this protest may be a good move to purchase good will which can be cashed in whenever there is an uprising against igbos in the area.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Continue to deceive yourself. These are Igbo muslims who live in Kano and their participation in this protest may be a good move to purchase good will which can be cashed in whenever there is an uprising against igbos in the area.

talking trash as usual grin good will indeed that they have to dress in a an attire that is strictly cultural for a demonstration.

Fake Ohaneze Ndigbo Joins Kano Protest Against Mohammed Film
By 247ureports
Posted In
Reports
Tagged as
Related
udoka peace egbuchelam
How Single Mother, 4 Other Drug Suspects Swallowed 398 Wraps of Narcotics
New Nigerian Diva Screening
Viewtrend to host New Nigerian Diva Season 2
NLC, OMAR INTRODUCING OTHER COMRADE TO GOODLUCK
President Jonathan Leads Nigeria’s Delegation to 67th Session of UN General Assembly
aviation
Arik: Aviation Minister draws battle-line

The Muslim Protest in Kano

The Ohaneze Ndigbo Kano State chapter has distanced themselves from what it termed a mischievious attempt by persons in Kano State to use the name of Ohaneze Ndigbo to achieve a criminal objective.

Today, September 22, 2012, a group of Muslims protested in Kano against the American film that depicted the Prophet Mohammed [SAW[ in a negative light.

The President of Ohaneze Ndigbo Kano State Chapter, Chief Tobias Idika in reacting to the protest rally held by Muslims in Kano over the film on Prophet Mohammed [SAW] told 247ureports.com- that a group of persons dressed in Ohaneze regalia joined the protest match [see picture above] carrying placards indicating that Ohaneze Ndigbo Kano had sent them on the match. The group held placards stating “Ohaneze Ndigbo na sopulu Mohammed“.

Chief Idika was quick to distance the kano state chapter from the actions of the group claiming be from Ohaneze. The Ohaneze Ndigbo Kano State chapter president made it clear that he was not aware of the said protest. “We have no part in this"

http://247ureports.com/fake-ohaneze-ndigbo-joins-kano-protest/

7 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
asha 80:

talking trash as usual grin good will indeed that they have to dress in a an attire that is strictly cultural for a demonstration.

why must they dress in tribal attire if they are truly muslims. at least the northern muslims did not dress in their tribal attires.
me think they are trying to buy themselves peace in case the barbaric igbo-hating muslims decided to turn their swords and guns against them
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by tpia5: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
who are the people in red caps ?
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by tpia5: 11:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
@ topic

the flags are very white and neat looking, but were it a nigerian one, nigerians would make sure it looked dusty and reddish.

i also find it strange that none of the men in the pictures are wearing northern attire.

the one in the red jacket in particular, does not look northern, though i could be wrong.
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
asha 80: Anti-Islam Film Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano
Posted: September 22, 2012 - 18:30
By SaharaReporters, New York

The rally which began in the Fagge area of Kano was organized by the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, a pro-Iran shite group.

The protesters sang anti-US and Isreali songs while marching through the city of Kano from a mosque in Fagge eventually ending the protest at the palace of the Emir Kano where they burnt the American flag before dispersing peacefully.
Iranians couldn't even care less if the reprobates existed and probably see them as black monkeys and they're there in the embarrassing cheerleading display as if Iran give a fúçk. Jobless cavemen with nothing productive to do with their lives.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by DuduNegro: 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Chucks is correct. They needed the distinction ......they needed to etch that scene into memory and recall it for troubled times ahead.

I need to comment on the picture itself and what it symbolizes for these cowards. I think I should wait.....my comments will come much later.

I cant help laughing though.....its hillarious, I bet that picture was taken by a Yoruba man. grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Sagamite(m): 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
All these murrafckers should be lined up and shot!

People are destroying your lives with corruption and flashing it in your face, you keep quiet and carry on with life, then the moorons pour out like Zombies to protest some rubbish film that has no impact on their lives.

Cretins!

They should go around Kano and see the gold mansions ordinary current & retired Kano state Perm Secs live in, talkless of federal staff.

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by OneNaira6: 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
ebere1712: These people are goddamn ridiculous. Wetin concern Igbo with Aboki religion grin

Exactly my thought. Wetin concern igbo with this?
Some people just love to drag igbo into their bs.
I guess without igbo support, they feel their voice isn't loud enough or what? Na wa oooo

Anyway sha, to address the protest. learn to take a joke like every religion in this nation. With acts like this is the reason people do not see islam as a tolerant religion.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by OneNaira6: 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
tpia@:
who are the people in red caps ?

Aboki pretending to be ohaneze igbo. For what reason is a mystery to us all.

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by DuduNegro: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2012
Whats that written in the yellow banner on okada? The green one say something about ohaneze ndigbo. Who is the elf following behind the arabic flag?

Hehehehehehe, chineke!! igbo is a sellout......

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by tpia5: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2012
if those women in hijab turn out to be igbo then nigeria don finish be that o.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by OneNaira6: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2012
@ the dudu negro opc punk

^^ ^ either you have a reading problem or you are dumb to the core. Someone brought out an article where the group in question (i.e: ohaneze ndi igbo of kano) commented they weren't involved in the protest neither did they send anyone to represent them in the protest yet your ridiculous sef can't even spare us with your stupidity and read that small article.

Some people love displaying their ignorance. awo free education in full display. Clap for yourself sha, you won the award. Ignorant man of the year. Clap sha, clap wellu wellu

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by asha80(m): 12:13am On Sep 23, 2012
One_Naira: @ the dudu negro opc punk

^^ ^ either you have a reading problem or you are dumb the core. Someone brought out an article where the group in question (i.e: ohaneze ndi igbo of kano) commented they weren't involved in the protest neither did they send anyone to represent them in the protest yet your ridiculous sef can't even spare us with your stupidity and read that small article.

Some people love displaying their ignorance. awo free education in full display. Clap for yourself sha, you won the award. Ignorant man of the year. Clap sha, clap wellu wellu

someone is obviously playing a fast one.imagine carrying ofor to a protest march and involving kids.who are they trying to deceive?

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by DuduNegro: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2012
One_Naira: @ the dudu negro opc punk

^^ ^ either you have a reading problem or you are dumb to the core. Someone brought out an article where the group in question (i.e: ohaneze ndi igbo of kano) commented they weren't involved in the protest neither did they send anyone to represent them in the protest yet your ridiculous sef can't even spare us with your stupidity and read that small article.

Pictures dont lie.......ohaneze can spin it anyway they choose. its only one culture that dress like that in Nigeria.......

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by DuduNegro: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2012
What are they doig carrying arabic flag? you have sold your souls out to bokoharam

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by tpia5: 12:19am On Sep 23, 2012
instead of shouting here, i'd go do my homework if i were you.
Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 23, 2012
ROTFLMAO!!!!

So Kano is where the "1% of Igbo Muslims" chose to reside? grin grin grin grin

LOL @ The ediocy of "some" Nigerian Muslims. . . . I am so embarrassed for this shoitty country, tbh.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gbam that last pic na die grin grin grin grin

LOL Let's be honest, I doubt they're Igbos grin

Maybe the northerners want to embrace other culture or maybe some rancid shaddy politicians want to confuse Nigerians. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They looks so out of place. They prolly thought they were going to an Okija festival.

Unless they're the Igbos who firmly believe themselves to be of Jews extract. . . they may be protesting for the Jews. So embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film by OneNaira6: 12:28am On Sep 23, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Pictures dont lie.......ohaneze can spin it anyway they choose. its only one culture that dress like that in Nigeria.......

Still so stupid and displaying ignorance with pride.

I guess the American celebrities wearing ankara are now Africans. The Nigerian wearing asian attire are now asians. The indians wearing American attire are now either European or American. Don jazzy wearing an attire that can be attributed to indians is now an indian. Naeto C wearing an hausa hat is now an hausa. There was a picrure i saw of agbani, two igbo models wearing fulani attire. Equally saw a picture if ikenna, the model, wearing an hausa attire. I guess they are now northerners. The ogoni that declared his people free from nigeria wore an igbo hat during the declaration, i guess that makes him an igbo.

See how dumb you sound while at the same time making zero sense. I can go to any market in the world and especially nigeria and purchase whatever attire i wish to buy. Check out the movie industry. I say it again. Clap for yourself for winning the award. You made your clan proud grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku And Adesina Visit Zuma In South Africa To Thank Him (photo) / Presidential Poll: No Regret Working Against Buhari –ohanaeze / Police Arrest Kidnappers Of Musa Uba, Buhari’s Adc’s Father-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.