Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Memories Of Festac 77 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memories Of Festac 77 (6803 Views)

PHOTO: 77 Die In Road Traffic Accidents In Osun / Fond Memories Of A Ghanian Of Nigeria's 70s And 80s / Memories of 2007 Calabar Christmas Season/ Carnival (In Picures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memories Of Festac 77 by vikiviko(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2008
What is it about Festac 77 that remains in the Nigerian memory? Or, what is the legacy of Festac that the Nigerian nation has internalized and made its own? Limited as this view of Festac is, it is still a subject of great significance for the nation, and indeed, of universal interest. Because of its complexity, we plan to trim the subject down even further,

Prior to the staging of Festac, there was a lively press discourse on the huge sums of money estimated to be spent on structures and facilities. It was the view of many, that Festac would exhibit, in the main, half nude dancers, a show devoid of meaning in an age of science and technology. Once the performances took off, there was, definitely, no such complaint of the selection of events presented at the fringe Festac at Unilag.

We should remember also, that some effort was made to take Festac out of Lagos to the rest of Nigeria. The Durbar event at Kano in Northern Nigeria was, of course, one of the central attractions of Festac. But even the small minority cultural communities were encouraged to organize fringe Festac activities through the state councils of arts and culture.

Please share your memomies of Festac, send in pictures if available.
Re: Memories Of Festac 77 by omega25red(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2008
you know i dont think festac is actually being talked about because every time i type the word festac on a search engine it only shows 419 talk. i can't even find a picture of festac any where

what does it look like then or now

festac is where a grew up but it is so insignificant
Re: Memories Of Festac 77 by omega25red(m): 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2008
im still looking for photos of festac town lagos any ideas as to where i can get them besides going there of course
Re: Memories Of Festac 77 by jona2: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2009
;d
Re: Memories Of Festac 77 by mamba74(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2009
I found this thread while searching for FESTAC '77, I was too young to remember must of the events my mother took me to but if NTA wher a serious commercial venture d should have FESTAC '77 on some kinda DVD for people that wants to live the memories.

Anyways, FESMAN '09 is in December, that for sure i won't miss.
http://www.fesman2009.com/en/

Any travel agent in the House that will organise a tour for this event? holla back
Re: Memories Of Festac 77 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2009
I have fond memories of Festac '77!

Those were the days, wish we could turn back time.

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions Of Affordable Beach Resorts In Cotonou Benin / Visa On Arrrival At Nigerian Port Of Entry / How To Open A Bank Account In America With A Visiting Visa B1/b2 (pixs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.