Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update (6823 Views)

Arik Air Shuts Down As Unions Protest N12.4bn Debt It Owed FAAN / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Arik Makes Emergency Landing As Woman Delivers On-board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by davidcallan: 11:20am On May 18, 2013
Dear Folks,

A while back, we posted our story of how we got scammed by ticketing agents selling Arik Air tickets. Thanks for all your contributions. We shut thier website down.

Guess what. They're back with a new site. The story is told in full on our site http://www.arikairscam.com/

Please pass it on. We need to shut them down.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by onatisi(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2013
this is a very important piece of information ,i think this topic should be on frontpage to save ppl from making this mistake.op,thanks a lot
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by fpeter(f): 1:07pm On May 20, 2013
choi! shocked

1 Like

Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by stolenstone: 1:07pm On May 20, 2013
ok
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 20, 2013
May God save us from all these bloody scammers
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by igbsam(m): 1:08pm On May 20, 2013
.......so many of them out there.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by cyril83(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2013
Beware of cheap products.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by supaeagles(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2013
Goodness me. Good job alerting the public.
They also use a Pakistan address as a diversion.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by BabaOyo(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2013
Awoof dey run belle, if something is too good to be through, then definitely it ain't true.
beware !!!
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by wellmax(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2013
Na wa ooo, feels like I should stop all these online payment thingy.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by dridowu: 1:26pm On May 20, 2013
I saw d news last time, so ds guyz neva retire. Dy no get pity 4 human

1 Like

Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by DICKtator: 1:26pm On May 20, 2013
From stealing Ipads to $60,000 to brassieres to gold bracelets,
i think some peeps need to work on their already battered image/goodwill!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 20, 2013
Those guys aint joking at all.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 20, 2013
The whole airline is a scam undecided
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by question(m): 1:41pm On May 20, 2013
Use your common sense. Beware of "Too good to be true" deals.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 20, 2013
Ok but i tot it would be nice to have a facebook like so we can spread the word on our walls?
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Notion(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
That is a good information to the public to avoid innocent citizen to be defraud by those humbug of a thing.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Koolking(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
I can beat my chest and tell you that, the seeming success of these rogues is as a result of their partnership with some arikair top guys. ***spit on them*** Thank op for the info.
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by princemolak(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2013
Thats a Nice Move Jawe,

Want to Make Money Online?check Bleep for how to
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 20, 2013
question: Use your common sense. Beware of "Too good to be true" deals.

same thing i use to warn people about! thank God they are exposed
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by olapluto(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2013
Down the new website, the Pakistani scammers have this:

We are retail agent for Arik Air based in UK. The website should not be considered a representation of the airline, rather a means to promote sales.
Home
Lagos
Abuja
Ibadan
Akure
Owerri
Economy Class
Business Class
Contact us

Copyright © 2012 Fly Arik Air, All Rights Reserved.

Arik needs to issue a statement on this
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by monie(f): 2:34pm On May 20, 2013
Well the first link which is http://www.flyarikair.net/lagos.html is working again cuz I clicked it out of curiosity, this is what was typed supposedly to attract customers (you can enter in Lagos ,The city of Africa by using cheap flight to Nigeria..The land of Lagos attracts the tourists from all over the world like a magnetic. This is The reason cheap tickets to Lagos from UK are available with us .Just plan a trip to Lagos on vacations and enjoy beautiful places and beach side of Africa. Lagos is financial and economic Capital of Nigeria, and with heavy population has many features for their tourists. If you went in Lagos Then must visit Victoria Island and Mainland.In addition the places like National Museum, Shrine of fela, Oba’s place and beach resorts also has a importance for vistors. All above waiting for you just buy a cheap tickets to Lagos and enjoy.. Our aim to make the journey of our customers unique and unforgettable. If you are seeking the cheapest fare then you are on right place because we try our best it provide the cheapest fare to our customers at their door steps. Our specialty is to provide the cheapest fare to our customers. Call us 0208-150-3482 lines are open 24/7 to book you seat and we will be happy to serve you.
An any travel agency is recognized by its services and staff, that's why we brings you the most comfortable and reliable services at the most cheapest rate and highly professional, that's why we have one of the best customer satisfaction rates. To attract the costumers towards the best African airline the fares of the economy and business class have been set quite low while meeting the needs of the costumer at the best).
As bad as this english is someone will read this and book a ticket? How easy can nigerians be?
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by sportfeva(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2013
Arik should come out and protect it brand which have been ridden with scammers. I hate scammers. Hope they invest in social media and blogging to abreast with customers like how banks do. If so, such things like scammers will not surface because they won't find where to reap.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by creativemusic: 5:23pm On May 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by BigPhil(m): 6:27pm On May 20, 2013
This says a lot about Arik air.If it is BA or Virgin Atlantic,They would have done all within their power to shut these scumbags down.

Bottom line is Arik doesn't care about their customers.And this will definitely affect them when potential customers avoid them like plague.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by RickyRoss1(m): 2:05am On May 21, 2013
Re: Scammers Targeting Arik Customers - Update by javadoctor(m): 5:32am On May 21, 2013
Well too bad

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Jamb Office @ Ikoyi? / Link For Canada Visa / Relocating To Belize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.