Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Pls Help Ivf Fears - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help Ivf Fears (2370 Views)

Rat Poison Sales Boom In Nigeria Over Lassa Fever Fears / First Surrogate In-vitro Fertilization (ivf) Baby In South East Nigeria / For Those Who Did Ivf Or Icsi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hi people, my hubby just told me dt he has low sperm count nd our only option is ivf,we are newly weds nd bn married for just 1yr.our families hv started asking questions on when we are havin babies. Am so scared right nw I can't tell my parents,d whole ivf issue is gettin me all worked up.pls I need those that hv bn in similar situations to guide me on hw they faced it.
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by mynameisjade: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
Just keep calm,ur husband n urself are going zru a lot @d mo,be der for each other kk
https://www.nairaland.com/773873/anyone-trying-ivf-iui-icsi#9267138
That would hElp u aint alone in this may the Lord be ur strenght smiley
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
@jade,tnks a bunch,am really grateful,check d link right nw
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by mynameisjade: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2012
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Apart from reading the link - better leave your family to themselves oh. The stronger your bond as a couple is the better for both of you as consider IVF or IUI or any other method.

Your having children is not something you owe your parents - all that unwarranted pressure will be messing with your head.

All the best and read the links well - every journey is different

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2012
@salsera,tnks,yeah u ve a great point,is just dt my dad is my best friend I tell him evrytin wrong wit me but I guess in situation I have to deal wit it myself wit God grace.
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by dominique(f): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2012
If you're based in Nigeria,you'd also find this thread useful- www.nairaland.com/681233/cost-ivf-nigeria. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by arisolama: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pls Help, I was about starting my IVF this month only to be told I have fibroid that I have to go remove the fibroid first.the fibroid are three, 2 measuring 4cm and 1 measuring 2cm.my fears are how soon can start my IVF treatment after removing the fibroid or can I go ahead with the IVF with fibroid? Pls any1 had IVF after fibroid surgery? PLS HELP!!!
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 12:29am On May 10, 2013
its been a long road,may Allah see us through dis hard situation,amin
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by nbright: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2013
AmazeBalls: its been a long road,may Allah see us through dis hard situation,amin
Amin... The Lord is your strenght
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
@nbright,tnks a bunch,may God bless u,amin
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by Faith2013(f): 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
AmazeBalls: Hi people, my hubby just told me dt he has low sperm count nd our only option is ivf,we are newly weds nd bn married for just 1yr.our families hv started asking questions on when we are havin babies. Am so scared right nw I can't tell my parents,d whole ivf issue is gettin me all worked up.pls I need those that hv bn in similar situations to guide me on hw they faced it.

My sister please stay strong and keep praying to God while seeking other options. I don't believe IVF is the only option like the doctors said. My hubby and I were also told that IVF was our only option due to his low sperm count. We have tried 3 failed IVF with ICSI and IUI (total of $30,000 usa went down the drain).

My hubby just started taking a supplement named Fertilaid that he found online at Iherb.com. We don't know if it works, but I posted a forum for other couples who have taken it to share their success stories.
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 5:04am On Oct 04, 2013
@Faith2013,tnks a bunch for ur comment,its been a very difficult road,but with God we are still surviving dis long stormy weather in our lives.we had a failed ivf cycle in march,was devastated,never thought we could survive d pain,sense of loss nd emptiness we felt at dt point.Everyone I know is either preggos or just had baby,its hard just viewing life with uncertainty.
We were suppose to start another round of ivf in august but I am not ready pschologically.I love my hubby soooooo much,I don't like seeing dt deep pain hidden in his eyes.d atsmophere is usually tensed,cause he barely expresses his feelings.God is able to do all tins.
Tnks would check more on fetilaid,so grateful.May God bless ur home with a natural bfp,healthy pregnancy and lovely babies,amen(huggs)
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by emcemayo: 6:27am On Oct 04, 2013
salam dear,take a deep breathe and relax you are not the first neither will you be the last it is just a phase of life and like other phases it will pass, that said low sperm count is not impossible to remedy have you and your hubby tried lifestyle change?
it will help first things first you need to lighten up the mood in your house at this time your man will be feeling like a total failure his ego will be at its wit end ( thats guys for you) , you have to come of with ways to CALM HIM , it is not easy ooooo but it can be done, always assure him that you are firmly by his side and try your very best to always have a calm and lighten moood in your house .
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by emcemayo: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2013
for the sperm count search through nairaland you'll see a gazzillion post on how people improved theirs, but i remember ' pikinmama ' post it will guide you a lot.if you are not already into fruits my dear add it to your meal portions already beans, ugwu, tigernuts, ginger, mostly natural things and exercise too, in nigeria we underestimate exercise a lot , you no need much start but taking strolls in the evening or early mornings with your man from there you can build up and add whether form of exercise you enjoy these days we have exercise dvds on sales, fom dancing to zumba to calisthenics to even strenght trainging pick your choice and do it diligently and Allah wil put barakah, kiss all the best the advice is not exhaustive but you can start from there and gather more info, you are in my prayers.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by AmazeBalls(f): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
@emcemayo,Woooow,read ur post with tears flooded eyes,may Allah reward u with d very best in dis life and d hereafter
Tnks for ur suggestions,u're indeed very right,we are into a lifestyle change already,taking baby steps,towards being better,really appreciate ur gesture.
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by emcemayo: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
double post
Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by emcemayo: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
Amin all the best dear

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Ivf Fears by toaspromo(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
ONION AND HONEY RECIPE WILL CURE IT CALL ME

(1) (Reply)

Please Help I Am Having Erectile Dysfunction / 8 Things Every Woman Must Do After Sex / COVID-19 Update For November 18 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.