Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Iran Builds New Liko Drone - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Builds New Liko Drone (17049 Views)

Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 24, 2012
Azerbaijan, Baku, Sep. 23 /Trend, D. Khatinoglu/

Iran built new "completely home made" Liko drone with capacity of carrying 100 kg of cargo, ISNA reported on Sunday.
The 53-kg weight drone reportedly can fly 100 km for 3 hours.
According to the ISNA report the stealth Liko drone is equipped with cameras which can deliver the photos permanently and also has a smart photo processor unit. This double- engine drone works with ordinary gasoline.
First time Iran announced the production of homemade unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with bombing and reconnaissance capabilities in February 2011.
So far, Iran has produced Karrar and Shahed 129 which are capalibe to carry missiles.

Source: http://en.trend.az/regions/iran/2068533.html

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Dondbuzor: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2012
So this all they can manufacture? Inspite of these their threats!
Iran is destined to doom, mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2012
Dondbuzor: So this all they can manufacture? Inspite of these their threats!

Iran is one of the most advanced countries in the Middle East. Not up to israel's level but they build formidable short range missiles.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by excondido(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2012
The tension in the Middle East will soon....implode or explode. I hope the later doesnt occur because it could spill due to the seriously strained religious intolerance presently riling the African continent.
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Vado(m): 9:27am On Sep 24, 2012
ledafaze: Azerbaijan, Baku, Sep. 23 /Trend, D. Khatinoglu/

Iran built new "completely home made" Liko drone with capacity of carrying 100 kg of cargo, ISNA reported on Sunday.
According to the ISNA report the stealth Liko drone is equipped with cameras which can deliver the photos permanently and also has a smart photo processor unit. This double- engine drone works with ordinary gasoline.
First time Iran announced the production of homemade unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with bombing and reconnaissance capabilities in February 2011.
So far, Iran has produced Karrar and Shahed 129 which are capalibe to carry missiles.

Buhahahaha this picture is a joke.
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by megxo(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2012
hmmm< interesting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wink
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by heynew: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2012
Dondbuzor: So this all they can manufacture? Inspite of these their threats!

don't mind those noisemakers, ordinary catapult will bring down this joke, this is what they will use to close the strait of Hormuz shocked
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by ebamma(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2012
There is a saying that those who the gods want to destroy the first make him mad,iran is on the part to it destruction
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Dondbuzor: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
My argument is simple; is this all they could put together in order to wipe out israel from the world map as they boasted.
Mark my words, iran is destined to doom. Maybe they are banking on russia and china to come to their aid wen the war starts.

texazzpete:

Iran is one of the most advanced countries in the Middle East. Not up to israel's level but they build formidable short range missiles.

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

Thank you my bother. I have been waiting patiently for the day someone will open a thread on Iran's breakthrough in advanced technology. Iran is one of the most technological advanced countries in the world with modern technology and indigenous weapons. Watch out for my postings.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2012
So why is this on the front page? Any agendas pls
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2012
Iranian researchers have designed and built a new unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with the capacity of carrying 100 kg of cargo for 100 kilometers.

The new radar-evading drone, named Liko, is completely made by Iranian experts and is capable of non-stop flights for three hours.

According to the head of the Liko manufacturing company, Abbas Jam, the aircraft runs on gasoline and has a fuel tank capacity of 30 liters.

Jam further explained that the 53-kg UAV can fly at an altitude of 16,000 feet and requires the shortest landing runway length.

The double-engine aircraft can be equipped with electronic and communication systems including cameras which can send live images to the station, he added.

Jam noted that the UAV is also equipped with the autopilot system and can be used in rescue operations, identification and patrol, and for carrying light cargo, military purposes and filming.

The Iranian engineer also said that the cost of the spare parts, repair and maintenance of the drone are very low and if commercialized, it will increase Iran's foreign currency savings.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.

Karrar, Iran’s first indigenous long-range drone unveiled in August 2010, is capable of carrying a military payload of rockets to carry out bombing missions against ground targets, flying long distances at a very high speed, and gathering information.

The country’s indigenous unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), Shahed 129, unveiled in September, 2012, can carry out combat and reconnaissance missions with its 24-hour nonstop flight capability.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/09/23/263185/iran-makes-liko-radarevading-drone/

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2012
Iran unveils newest air defense system

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) has displayed the country’s latest domestically-manufactured air defense system.

Raad air defense system was displayed during the Friday parade of the Iranian Armed Forces in the capital city, Tehran, marking the 32nd anniversary of eight years of defense against Iraq's invasion of the country under executed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein

The mid-range system which is equipped with Taer 2 missiles is capable of intercepting targets at a range of up to 50 kilometers and at the height of 75,000 feet.

Raad is the optimized version of the Russian-made Buk surface-to-air missile system.

The Friday parade also showcased the latest achievements of Iran’s Armed Forces in defense and military hardware.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

Iran has repeatedly stated that its military might poses no threat to other countries, reiterating that its defense doctrine is based on deterrence.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/09/22/262931/iran-debuts-latest-air-defense-system/

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by sayitout1: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2012
ledafaze: Azerbaijan, Baku, Sep. 23 /Trend, D. Khatinoglu/

I sometimes wonder were these countries get their own inspirations to build such a thing.

...they are all up to something negative otherwise why would 1 spend quality time and resource on these?

How would these help humanity?
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Shaw007(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2012
Vado:

i dont think that's d real tin. . .that lOoks like a prototype 2 me
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by khattab008: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Which one una country build if e easy make una researchers do their own na
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Originakalokalo(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Dondbuzor: My argument is simple; is this all they could put together in order to wipe out israel from the world map as they boasted.
Mark my words, iran is destined to doom. Maybe they are banking on russia and china to come to their aid wen the war starts.

wipe israel out of the world map?did i hear you well? Oh my God!!!! This is so impossible!!!God of israel,the mighty one of jacob is probably laughing at their calamity.

1 Like

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by emmatok(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Danka7777:

Thank you my bother. I have been waiting patiently for the day someone will open a thread on Iran's breakthrough in advanced technology. Iran is one of the most technological advanced countries in the world with modern technology and indigenous weapons. Watch out for my postings.

All this Arab countries are just noise makers, Iraq, Libya also claims they have advanced military technology .
What happened to them I history.
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Iran’s IRGC produces new 24-hour airborne drone: Cmdr.

Commander of Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says Iran has produced an indigenous unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with 24-hour nonstop flight capability.

“Shahed 129, which can carry out combat and reconnaissance missions with its 24-hour nonstop flight capability, is IRGC’s latest achievement in this field [producing drones],” IRGC Chief Major General Mohammad-Ali Ja’fari said on Sunday.

Armed with “Sadid” missiles, which are also designed by the IRGC, the pilotless aircraft can target long-distance targets, Ja'fari added.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.

Iran unveiled its first indigenous long-range drone, named Karrar, in August 2010. The aircraft is capable of carrying a military payload of rockets to carry out bombing missions against ground targets, flying long distances at a very high speed, and gathering information.

The IRGC employed Karrar drones during the Great Prophet Seven military drills in July 2012 to bomb mock enemy bases in the southeastern Lut Desert.

Referring to the US RQ-170 drone that was captured by the Iranian forces in late 2011, Ja'fari said the extracted information from the aircraft reveals that it had been spying on specific targets in Iran.

The US RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft was downed, with minimal damage, by the Iranian Army's electronic warfare unit on December 4, 2011, while flying over the Iranian city of Kashmar, some 140 miles (225 km) from the Afghan border.

The RQ-170 is an unmanned stealth aircraft designed and developed by the Lockheed Martin Company.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/09/17/262029/iran-produces-new-24h-airborne-drone/

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by khattab008: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2012
Which one una country build if e easy make una researchers do their own na
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Paentera(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2012
Vado:

At least they have started something - I believe they must have reverse engineered the USA drone downed earlier this year. I wished Nigerian military scientists had the guts to put things half as good as this together. Instead, they put up some metal to call it anti-bombing device...yeye
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Djtm(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2012
It's nonsense. To me. Assuming it was developed by Nigerians I would have said 'good job'. 3hrs without landing? That's some sh!t man! Do you know what U.S drones are capable of?
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2012
emmatok:

All this Arab countries are just noise makers, Iraq, Libya also claims they have advanced military technology .
What happened to them I history.

Iran is not an arab country my friend. This is something that pains me about some Nigerians, they say things they not sure of. They are Persians. Very educated people. Go to US engineering departments, 30% of their professors are Iranians. I went to school in the U.S and I can authoritatively say this with certainty. Very educated people with unbridled intelligence and invention acumen second to none.

once again, Iranians are not Arabs and don't behave like arabs.

6 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by rusep: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
Keneking: So why is this on the front page? Any agendas pls

Becouse you don't like it.
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by heynew: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
IRAN will surely know it ability after Nov. US election, can't wait
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
Iran Armed Forces fully monitor US maneuvers: Navy commander

A senior Iranian Navy commander says Iran's Armed Forces fully monitor maneuvers of the United States and other countries amid the ongoing US-led naval exercises in the Persian Gulf and other strategic waterways in the Middle East.

“Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran have full intelligent awareness over the foreign forces’ moves,” Second Rear Admiral Hossein Azad told reporters on Thursday.

He added that the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy along with the Islamic Republic of Iran's Naval Forces are closely monitoring moves by foreign forces in international waters, northern Indian Ocean, Strait of Hormuz and the Persian Gulf.

The naval commander noted that the US and its allies are performing the maneuvers near the Persian Gulf under the pretext of improving security but history has proven the falsehood of their claims.

Azad emphasized that only regional countries can safeguard security in the region.

The US is conducting the anti-mine exercises near the Persian Gulf in cooperation with more than 30 countries. The maneuvers formally began earlier this week but only got under way at sea on Thursday.

The US Navy claims that the exercises are purely defensive and not directed at any country.

Washington had added five warships to its Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, in an attempt to bolster its military presence in the Persian Gulf.

Over the past years, Iran has made important breakthroughs in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing important military equipment and systems.

Tehran has repeatedly clarified that its military might is merely based on the nation's defense doctrine of deterrence and poses no threat to other countries.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/09/21/262762/iran-fully-monitors-us-maneuvers/

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Originakalokalo(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2012
If the world can come together and spend more on health,sickel cell,HIV,and cancer,among other deadly disease, would have been a thing of the past.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

Israel gets most of its technology and weapons from the U.S. However, Iran builds its own technology and weapons at home. Have you asked yourself, why 7 Iranian scientists have been murdered in the last few years in Iran by foreign agents who are afraid of their inventions?

2 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by kavey10(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2012
Just confirmed report says, the FG/Military have introduced a modern GA-33-RR-4-I drone that runs solely on liquified cassava extract which is a positive for the advancement of the biofuel industry in Nigeria. It travels 250km in 1h(garri energy tins) and carries ballistic missiles(the technologies ar indigenous, boko haram & MEND technology). UP NIGERIA!!

3 Likes

Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Shaw007(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2012
Let no man come here and start comparin U.S drones with iran o. . .den nor be mate abeg!!
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2012
IRAN TOP WEAPON SUPERSONIC SOLID FUEL 2000 KM+ SEJIL BALLISTIC MISSILE

[flash=400,425]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b78_WZSdGg''[/flash]
Re: Iran Builds New Liko Drone by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2012
Iran launches Tareq 901 submarine, Sahand destroyer

Iran's Navy has launched the overhauled super-heavy Tareq 901 submarine and indigenous Sahand destroyer in the southern port of Bandar Abbas.

The super-heavy Tareq 901 submarine, which was repaired by Iranian experts, and Sahand destroyer were successfully launched on Tuesday on the order of Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.

Iranian Navy Commander Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on May 29 that the entire overhauling process had been done by Iranian experts.

"The country of origin had failed to deliver plans of the submarine's parts and was insisting to repair the sub in its own basins. However, the Iranian Navy has now developed the plans anew and has acquired a much significant expertise in the overhaul of the kilo-class submarines. With such a success Iran is among a handful of countries which can overhaul such submarines,” Sayyari said.

“Anti-radar systems, wings, pneumatic systems, compressed air systems, pumps and sensors, telecommunication systems, propelling systems, and engine parts were among the parts repaired in the project all by Iranian engineers. This shows that Iran can achieve its goals by all means,” said Rear Admiral Abbas Zamini, the manager of the project.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

The country has repeatedly made it clear that its military might is merely based on the state's defense doctrine of deterrence and that it poses no threat to other countries.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/09/18/262216/iran-launches-destroyer-submarine/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo-Journalist May Have Captured His Own Death On Camera In Egypt / 91 Heads Of State To Attend Mandela's Memorial Service / Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.