Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone (10169 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site / Unidentified Man Falls From Sky In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by citizenisb: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2012
Our intelligence experts note that before the Israeli Air Force fighters scrambled to shoot it down, the intruder would have had enough time for its surveillance equipment to beam to its Iranian control station, wherever it was, the electronic signatures of US and Israeli military installations within its purview in the South and the Negev. 
This was a major lapse.

The alien aircraft should have been intercepted the moment it flew in from the Mediterranean and entered the skies of the Gaza Strip. By then, it was clearly seen heading toward Beersheba. Had there been weapons aboard, the incident would have ended in a worse disaster, reminding Israel of its worst nightmare: an Iranian plane flying over with a nuclear bomb.

As it is, the sophisticated aerial surveillance vehicle was able to cover the space over the IDF’s southern facilities, the town of Beersheba and the Israeli Air Force base at Nevatim before it was shot down over the Yatir forest south of Mt. Hebron. Its primary missions may have been to record the electronic signatures of the Dimona nuclear reactor’s air defense systems and the American X-band radar station in the Negev, which is linked to the US X-band station in Turkey. Together, they are the “forward eyes” of the joint US-Israeli shield against Iranian ballistic missile attack.

If the intruder came to spot the gaps in that shield, it would have succeeded.

It is therefore important in this context to recall a more recent and explicit threat, this one by Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s ground forces, who said on Sept. 23 that his country was not waiting to be attacked but ready to carry out preemptive operations against the US and Israel.

http://debka.com/article/22416/UAV-intrusion-Iranian-act-of-belligerence-against-US-and-Israeli-military-targets
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by citizenisb: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2012
On Saturday, Israel’s electronic warfare systems were fully operational and effective. However, Israel’s leaders were struck dumb and caught unawares by Iran’s audacity in springing on them an overt act of belligerence against their own and American military installations housed in the Negev.

Israel officials have vowed to respond to an obvious act of war.
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by citizenisb: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2012
Lewis joked that when he first met Obama he asked him if he could let him know when the US planned to attack Iran so they could use it in the second series of Homeland.

He said: 'I looked him in the eye and said, "Please let us know if you have any plans to go into Iran because we'd like to be as current as possible in season two."'

Quick as a flash Obama said, 'We'll be sure to let you know.'

Season Two of Homeland begins on Channel 4 in the UK on Sunday, 9pm.

It debuted in America at the end of last month, attracting nearly two million viewers - a 60 per cent rise on the audience for last season's debut episode.
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by javalove(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2012
FALSE FLAG OPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Abujafood: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2012
Iran please don't mess with the IDF they are very thorough and brutal!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Godjone(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2012
Na problem Palestine dey fyn o! And Isreal get enof war instruments to teach them lesson. I drone 4rm palistine will be replied with 200 rockets launchers 4rm isreal
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by lafuria1(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2012
looking for justification to attack iran just like they did in iraq case. whatever US and isreal says about iraq, people would accept because iran is evil, isnt it?
isreal cant just wait to eliminate iran grin
we in nigeria, the govt should pls just sit and look, no comment pls..

2 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by AustineE1: 10:20am On Oct 08, 2012
The Ayatollahs,Mullahs & risky ventures...'those who the gods wants to destroy,they first make them mad'!laughing in jewish language!!!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by eduson77(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2012
bull dogs don't make noise...
when the time comes''kids shall cry,wives will be made widows..
i can hear the cry of an unborn baby saying''i wish it never happened..
GOD bless ISRAEL

3 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Ganys: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2012
**Yawn! Pohpoh on the thread, Clean the shit with paper & throw it back at the thread**
Mtchewww.. Comedian...
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by DANILSA(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2012
DUMB TOPIC I DID SAY, APART FROM AMERICA, RUSSIA,CHINA AND GERMANY ANY OTHER COUNTRY INVADING ISREAL WILL REGRET EVER DOING SO, APART FROM THOSE COUNTRIES I MENTIONED ABOVE I DOUBT ANY OTHER COUNTRY CAN EASILY DEFEAT ISREAL,ISREAL USES 10% OF THEIR BUDGET FOR AMMUNITION EVERY YEAR,WHERE DO WE START IS IT DRONES,F15,F14, DESTROYERS, SUBMARINES. IRAN CAN ONLY DEFEAT ISREAL IF THEY WERE TO FIGHT ACCORDING TO SIZE OR POPULATION. IRAN IS STILL USING WEAPONS USED BY ISREAL TO DESTROY THEIR BROTHERS 40 YEARS BACK.IF U HAVE TIME GOGGLE IRAN AND ISREALI WEAPON. NEXT TOPIC PLS. THEY CANT EVEN DEFEAT US WITH THOSE TOY DRONES. grin grin grin IF U ABUSE ME , I GO COME BACK COME FINISH YOU. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2012
What is this?
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Jambsupport(f): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2012
dats nt rocket science. d drone is frm iran
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by freakcin: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2012
A serious lapse in Isreali defence plan. Totally unacceptable. What this translates to is that the hitherto blind Iran millitary force is now informed about Isreali-U.S forewarning defence system. Should Iran carry out a pre-emtive strike as it is, Isreal won't find it funny.
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by jpphilips(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2012
Godjone: Na problem Palestine dey fyn o! And Isreal get enof war instruments to teach them lesson. I drone 4rm palistine will be replied with 200 rockets launchers 4rm isreal

Helloooo!!!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by eduson77(m): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2012
this is more like a kid slapping his Father and equally ask him ''what can you do?
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by meksroland: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2012
Esau is now trying to eliminate Jacobs. He who touches Israel, touches the apple of God's eye. I pity Iran cos with the little development they're making in science, they're now proud. When the war will start, ur war machines may not even start or will just burst in the air. Aka chukwu diya

4 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by eduson77(m): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2012
hahaha,i wonder if the guy read the stuff..
buhahahaha
jp philips:

Helloooo!!!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Abuklaw(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2012
Austine.E:
The Ayatollahs,Mullahs & risky ventures...'those who the gods wants to destroy,they first make them mad'!laughing in jewish language!!!
it is a false flag operation.one of d oldest conspiracies in d history of man.it's just a move 2 a find false evidence 2 attack iran n moreova isreal hav bin eager 2 attack iranian land first wit in d above post 2 persuade US 2 giv dem go ahead. Dis is a battle of supremacy btw d two middle east nations.
My praya is just dat d battle shud nt affect d price of garri!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by eduson77(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2012
grin
Abuklaw:
My praya is just dat d battle shud nt affect d price of garri!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2012
I hope you all know that the Israeli military hacked into the drone and actually directed it away from any military intallations and populated area before destroying it with F-16 fighter jets in an area where they knew civilian casualty will be zero.

For those of you saying that Israel was caught unawares, they were not. They actually spoted the drone before it got into their airspace.

1 Like

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Kslib(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2012
Hmmn,it's just a matter of time before this war starts..
Why do people like saying religious stuffs like " Israel cannot be defeated in war and blah blah blah"? I know the children of God a..k.a israelites can never be defeated in battle,but i think the present day isreal is not the one being referred to in the bible.. The isreal referred to by God might mean a " group of people",and not the necessarily the land itself..just saying#
I am a christain,but i don't think the present day isreal gives a bleep about christians/christianity in general..
So abeg make we stop dey support isreal blindly cos we be christians... Lets not be bias based on religion..... If isreal look for trouble,let them be defeated,if iran look for trouble,let them also be defeated...shikena..

6 Likes

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by CastleandGreen: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2012
I trust MOSAD they will fix the Iran nucler crew soon. Oh MOSAD: in the multitude of councilors there's salvation.

1 Like

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by omodapson(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2012
another world war in the offing...
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Bawss1(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2012
virtuoso01: I hope you all know that the Israeli military hacked into the drone and actually directed it away from any military intallations and populated area before destroying it with F-16 fighter jets in an area where they knew civilian casualty will be zero.

For those of you saying that Israel was caught unawares, they were not. They actually spoted the drone before it got into their airspace.

You know this how?
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by eduson77(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2012
okolo..
Bawss1:

You know this how?
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2012
Bawss1:

You know this how?
Its actually an old story which happened several days ago. And I have already done my sound research on this particular issue.

The first rule is that mainstream news sources do not carry all the facts. I have learned to get my sources from elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by freakcin: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2012
virtuoso01: I hope you all know that the Israeli military hacked into the drone and actually directed it away from any military intallations and populated area before destroying it with F-16 fighter jets in an area where they knew civilian casualty will be zero.

You spot a drone and still allow it get into ur airspace The report says there was a cyber-tug of war (btw Isreal and whoever sent the drone)for control of the drone b4 it was agreed to shoot it down. I re-iterate, Isreal should be more alert to all this security threats if they don't want sleeples nights.
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2012
The drone did not actually come from the direction of Iran it was tracked coming in from Gaza. Hamas which controls Gaza is not technologically sophisticated enough to make drones.

So there are serious speculations that Hezbolla which controls Lebanon and which is known to operate Iranians drones could have flown it across the Mediterannean into Gaza and then onto Israeli territory.

Plus the drone was not a plane, it was actually a drone helicopter with an estimated range of 2,500 kilometers.
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by freakcin: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2012
Whether drone or chopper, fact remains that it invaded Isreali air space with ample time to have relayed back vital milltary info. Isreal should tighten its security measures, simples!
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by Olarajee(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Israhell intelligency is just so weak. Where are all the Air defence systems they were rattling about? They were only able to shoot it down after more than half an hour in their airspace. I think if its actually a strike on them, the damage wuld have been well over.
And they culdnt hijack the drone at all thats why they were forced to shoot it down.
Israhell is just too weak...Israhell intelligency is just so weak. Where are all the Air defence systems they were rattling about? They were only able to shoot it down after more than half an hour in their airspace. I think if its actually a strike on them, the damage wuld have been well over.
And they culdnt hijack the drone at all thats why they were forced to shoot it down.
Israhell is just too weak...
Israhell intelligency is just so weak. Where are all the Air defence systems they were rattling about? They were only able to shoot it down after more than half an hour in their airspace. I think if its actually a strike on them, the damage wuld have been well over.
Israhell is just too weak...
Re: Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone by dnawah(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Kslib: Hmmn,it's just a matter of time before this war starts..
Why do people like saying religious stuffs like " Israel cannot be defeated in war and blah blah blah"? I know the children of God a..k.a israelites can never be defeated in battle,but i think the present day isreal is not the one being referred to in the bible.. The isreal referred to by God might mean a " group of people",and not the necessarily the land itself..just saying#
I am a christain,but i don't think the present day isreal gives a bleep about christians/christianity in general..
So abeg make we stop dey support isreal blindly cos we be christians... Lets not be bias based on religion..... If isreal look for trouble,let them be defeated,if iran look for trouble,let them also be defeated...shikena..
these are the people that defeated the hole arab world in 7 days in a war.GOD is alway with them,if he can be with us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel's War On Gaza. / Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results / Russian Iskander Missiles - The Answer To US/NATO/Israeli Missile Interceptors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.