Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? (12769 Views)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Lakayana: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
odehaj: I hate d sight of all.Thank God I have none.But..'wall geko' is ma problem,how do I get rid of them people? They are believed to bring good luck to the home except you are tired of good luck
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
musKeeto: me...
grin so na you dey drink my blood since abi? God don catch you today! Wey my ota pia pia?

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Ariyke: 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
i hate rat with passion bt insecticide can take care of the other 2
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
acidtalk: Which of the following do you consider the worst Rodent, Insect or Pest to find in your house?

* Rat
* Cockroach
* Mosquito

Let's hear your and how to have managed to curb them in your house.

Please change the rat to mouse, because scarcely would you find a rat in your apartment except you sleep under the bridge.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Goldieluks: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
odehaj: I hate d sight of all.Thank God I have none.But..'wall geko' is ma problem,how do I get rid of them people?

Geckos helps to kill insects that are harmful to humans, such as insects and dangerous spiders.
You can get rid of geckos by following the guidelines listed below.

Install screens in your windows, doors, and vents.
Seal up cracks and crevices around your home with a sealant.
Clean up dark and hard to reach areas to destroy their hives or breeding places.
Check your garage and clean it up as well.
Use insecticides to make sure you kill most of the insects in your home.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Super1759: 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
I can mange rats,I no send them,they are after food and not me. Cockroach as well search for food not me but mosquitoes!!!! Kai!! Very annoying creatures! They won't let one sleep,they play music for you and bite you as well.smh
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
Having seen some morning and evenings in life, I will say mosquitoes. Do you know that they just discovered a mutated form of mosquitoes that move during the day and can spread malaria 5 times faster than before. Even now they are known to travel 70miles from their habitat to cause havoc, unlike pre-knowledge of just 2miles. So how can you check that. Rats and cockroaches can be eradicated from you environ if you plan them in a week, but mosquitoes are getting out of control, wonder that malaria is the no 1 killer in our world. I hate mosquitoes ; why did Noah carry them into the Ark *sobs*
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by bluejeff(m): 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
semid4lyfe: Me and mosquitoes be buddies as dem dey bite me wella, yet I no dey develop malaria grin

But Cockroaches, I hate them die.
Especially those big ones. Ever felt them climb your body ? Jeez ! And at the process you smacked it then smell your hand ? Gosh !

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by seedord247(m): 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
All of the above....
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
And I thought the title read "Pet", was about to include my baby sis' labrador
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
I get sick of malaria often so mosquitoes are enemies. Cockroaches o gawd!
I hate dem. I have a phobia for all. Gosh!
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
All irritates me. But RAT? Hell no!

As a matter of fact,[size=14pt]RAT and GECKO!![/size] angry angry
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Goldieluks: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
HQ: And I thought the title read "Pet", was about to include my baby sis' labrador
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
And this made front page?! Wat da f... angry

@op. i hate virtually all of them! As in really hate! But d ones i hate seeing most at home is cockroaches and wall geckos. Damn...i hate geckos like hell! angry
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
Rats will definitely cause more havoc as the others could be easily handled with the use of insecticides. Just imagine having a special visitor and a huge rat runs out from under one of your chairs it'll be damn embarrasing

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by onyeego(m): 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2012
Girlfriendses cry
They have suck my blood finish even drain my pot of soup cry

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
onye ego: Girlfriendses cry
They have suck my blood finish even drain my pot of soup cry
you're dry
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by onyeego(m): 11:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
booqee: you're dry
So how come u are after my pot of egusi soup
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Roland17(m): 11:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ooooo my good God, This thread reminds me of my lovely family, My dad would halt any family activity at the sight of a mouse in the house, he would hand each one of us including my dear mum a broomstick, shoe or slippers to hunt down the intruder (mouse), we strategically take different positions to trap the mouse until the mouse is trapped and beaten to death or luckily escapes, the scenario can be likened to an action movie, afterwards if the mouse is unlucky to get trapped, we burn it, my dad taught us the smell from the burnt mouse would serve as a deterrent to others.

God bless my dad, i love him sooooo much

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Abumilla(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mine is cockroach because it is difficult to eradicate......mosquitoes can be curbed with mosquito net and rats or rhodent with cats....

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cockroaches, espscially the FLYING ones. They give me goosebumps.

And most of u complaining about rats are actually referring to MICE.
If want to see rats go live beside a forest, swamp, or farm.
Those grandmama rats can give u a heartattack. Seriously.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by toluxa1(m): 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
kulyie: I find all of d above irritating and unwelcomed and naturally a lot of places will have all dis 3 rodents because of open gutters everywhere,open dustbins everywhere and open suckaways which attract dis rodents ,however d best way i got rid of dem was to keep my kitchen always neat.i dont have to wait for my waste to be filled up bfor i dispose it,and i dont live raw waste of fish,meat and wasted food open in d dustbin because d smell of left overs will attract rats and cockroaches so afta cooking in d kitchen i dont live ANY waste in d kitchen,i sweep and mop d kitchen bfor and afta i cook,wash d plastic of d dustbin,clean d gas cooker and wash all d used plates or if i cant wash it,pack all d used plates into a bucket dat has a tight cover and fling canfor inside to chase away any rodent and fling canfor everywhere,so i leave my pot of soup on d gas and av bin living alone in my house for 4 yrs now,i av neva jammed any of d above,i also clean my toilet everyday,sweep and mop it,same wit my bed room,i just sweep dat one,so once u r consistently neat,u wont av to bother about rodents,like dey say prevention is beta than cure,its easier preventin it than lookin for rat poison,pakute etc

Waoo, are you a girl? Which kind question be that sef, dnt think any guy can do all dis daily. Will you marry me? Lol... Seriously, you'll make a perfect wife if you have a good heart.
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by macphilip: 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
for me, the I give it to the Rat guys. They don show me pepper before.
Especially the one that makes a sharp sound like thunderbolt (Yoruba calls them Asen). They chop all the fish inside my pot of soup one day. They have this offensive smell too.

Cockroach follows closely, one gave me the bite of my life when i was still in School, took me 2 weeks before the terrible mark left my skin.

Mosquitoes are weak, one mosquito coil incense would send all of them packing from my room within 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Lagusta(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
There is a difference between rats and mice: mice are smaller, more common. You can find rats in your house only if you open your door anyhow like a lousy love-peddler...

I don't usually have mice.... Only once in a while, and I catch them with gum....

I don't hear or feel mosquitoes cos my family sleeps under insecticide treated nets...

But COCKROACHES!!!! Now those are the nuisance... No matter the flit, powder, spray, camphor, they must still breed, and one capsule can contain a hundred eggs, they mature within months and lay capsules every week, breeding more... And more,,, and MORE!!!

SO, my family always clean the house every week, I mean thorough cleaning, from the kitchen to the parlour, bathroom and toilet, bedrooms, etc every saturday!!!

1 Like

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by NEROSKY(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
If mosquito no win dis census,, na em be say una nid 2 show up 4 my ghetto,,wher mosquito dey carry weight in d evenin 4 nyt match,den u nd rat go dey drag road evri tym... #ejusttireme.... If God can remove mosquito ...we go manage ghetto...

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by sindyko(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Not all mosquitoes infect malaria, only d female cos it has an eggs and transfer d disease. Either mouse or rat disturb, disperse sm of d house stuffs wich is very annoyin mostly, it was diagnosed sm mot bak, mny died cos of food poison which was contagion by rat. Cockroach am allergic to dat pest zealously.
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
onila:

i am used to malaria

my body handles it well
grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Pasblack(m): 12:02am On Sep 25, 2012
u forgot to mention bed bug. Another irritating pest
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by onyeego(m): 12:04am On Sep 25, 2012
sindyko: Not all mosquitoes infect malaria, only d female cos it has an eggs and transfer d disease. Either mouse or rat disturb, disperse sm of d house stuffs wich is very annoyin mostly, it was diagnosed sm mot bak, mny died cos of food poison which was contagion by rat. Cockroach am allergic to dat pest zealously.
Why do u hate females so much grin
Must u blame everything on d woman?
Abeg forget science joor, even d male mosquitoes these days they suck blood go use toast mosquito babes grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by passionate88: 12:06am On Sep 25, 2012
Muskeeto... So damn annoying... Make lots of noise at d end it jst take a little obala 4rm u nd drop malaria..
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nightshift(m): 12:08am On Sep 25, 2012
It should be a question for Lagosians. Living in a City infested with over 25 billion mosquitoes + tens of millions of fat unassuming dirty rats is definitely not amusing . Lagos mosquitoes are also very intelligent . I remember hiding often under the dining table trying to sleep in early 90s at Aguda Surulere; the Eko mosquitoes would still find me. Even in houses covered with nets. Hide yourself inside cooking pot, those mosquitoes will find you .
Lagos rats? Even Mr president's presence will not scare them away. I call those rats Lagos real area boys....
Re: The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 25, 2012
As I am posting now there is a rat in my wardrobe. But the truth is I no get liver kill am. As I BIG reach I dey fear rat dieee.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! / Any Special Needs School In Nigeria / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.