Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

World's Smallest Girl Starts School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World's Smallest Girl Starts School (24798 Views)

17 Of The World's Smallest Countries / 14years Orphaned Girl Starts University In Zimbabwe. / Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana 2012/2013 Post UTME Registration Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Smallest Girl Starts School by mukina2: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2012
The world's smallest girl Charlotte Garside took a massive step this month after starting her first day at primary school.

The five-year-old, who is just 68cm tall and weighs less than 9lbs, is no bigger than a newborn and smaller than her favourite teddy.

Last week, she joined kids her own age in the classroom for the first time.

The day marked a milestone for proud parents Scott Garside and Emma Newman who have battled to give their daughter as normal a life as possible.

Charlotte was born with a form of Primordial Dwarfism so rare doctors don't even have a name for it.

But despite being warned she could die before the age of one, Charlotte has developed into a boisterous and inquisitive girl

Emma, 30, of Withernsea, East Yorks, said: 'Although Charlotte is a one-in-a-million baby with some health problems, she is not the sort of person who will fade into the background.
Unique: Charlotte was born with a form of Primordial Dwarfism so rare doctors don't even have a name for it

Defying the doctors: Despite being warned she could die before the age of one, Charlotte has developed into a boisterous and inquisitive girl

'She may be small but she has a massive personality and wants to do everything a normal five-year-old does.

'She is very inquisitive and the school have already told us she has a learning age of a three-year-old, which is higher than we thought.

'Of course, I was worried she could get hurt by the other children, but she has her own tutor look after her and she's not as fragile as you'd think.'

When she was born, Charlotte weighed less than 2lbs, measured 25cm and had to be dressed in dolls' clothes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2207668/Worlds-smallest-girl-Charlotte-Garside-starts-day-primary-school.html

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Slyr0x: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2012
She looks like a barbie doll

Cute little thing cheesy

2 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Javanian: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2012
See how she is loved by her parents despite her deficiency. She is lucky she is not a Nigerian, they would have killed her after birth and say it is the work of witches and wizards or she is an ogbanje (evil child)

18 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by nikkyshyne(f): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2012
Wow! She looks like a toy. I really do wish her long life. smiley
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by mkmyers45(m): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2012
Lucky girl born to understanding people..

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
U'll stil find a Big Boi Chyking Her cheesy
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
nikkyshyne: Wow! She looks like a toy. I really do wish her long life. smiley

grin grin
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
All i can say is WOW!!!
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by onila(f): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by free2ryhme: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
lovely
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by omiobo: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
See how she's valued. Not in nigeria her mama for don dump am inside well.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by bittyend(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
onila: shocked shocked shocked shocked

I heard you're a man claiming to be a woman.

This forum is creepy, yoooo!! cheesy
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by bittyend(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mini-human.
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
Holy cow!
Another wonder of the world shocked shocked shocked
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Odinaka00(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
grin
bittyend:

Una nor go kill pesin 4 here o grin grin
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
Checking out the pix again~~ shocked shocked
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Opoki(m): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
bittyend:

Most people claims to be anything they feel like on NL. We have so many paupers claiming to be a Billyonaira.cheesycheesycheesy.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
bittyend:

i heard that too
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by kandiikane(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
Awwwh, sooooo weird!

Reminds me of an elf scene from lord of the rings.
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by ndigbo: 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
what a cute girl.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by chucky234(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
7th wonders of the world,cute little thing.
But where all these oyinbo dem dey go see all these their plenty health problems,last week na world's ugliest girl today na world's smallest girl.
Na still oyinbo dem born twins wey get two heads with one body come dey call am cojoined twins,haba this thing don too much na.
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by beshiman(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
omiobo: See how she's valued. Not in nigeria her mama for don dump am inside well.
grin grin grin
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by jude33084(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
Slyr0x: She looks like a barbie doll

Cute little thing cheesy

Pls modify Ŧħåϯ wink she is not ∂ thing smiley
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by jude33084(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
chucky234: 7th wonders of the world,cute little thing.
But where all these oyinbo dem dey go see all these their plenty health problems,last week na world's ugliest girl today na world's smallest girl.
Na still oyinbo dem born twins wey get two heads with one body come dey call am cojoined twins,haba this thing don too much na.

They don't have much problem like us, If na Naija pple for don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call MFM for her head cheesy

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Moukafoam(f): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
Awwww! Lil cuttie. Ɣ☺Ʊ will grow up to be a pretty ladt cool
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
Amazing creature girl,fearfully and wonderfully made...but genuine growth hormones can do a miracle in her life,i think.

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
jude33084:

They don't have much problem like us, If na Naija pple for don D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call MFM for her head cheesy
dude,quit mentioning other people's church or u'll start a tongue war u can't end.i mean,grow up...bottomline: i am no Mfmite.

2 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by omenziate(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
sometin dey happen for dis obodo oyibo o, if no b ugliest dog, na ugliest man,shortest girl, primordial dwarfism or progeria. E b like say their weather no good o.
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Kslib(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
Javanian: See how she is loved by her parents despite her deficiency. She is lucky she is not a Nigerian, they would have killed her after birth and say it is the work of witches and wizards or she is an ogbanje (evil child)
Why do people like you always say rubbish about Nigeria at any given chance. Do you know how many Nigerian parents have children who have worst physical conditions than the girl in question? But their parents still love them and cater for them despite how bad the economy is. I grew up in the north.i have seen different kind of kids with worst physical conditions.Trust me this girl should thank God for her life..
The woman who was caught on video the other day strangling her kid..was she Nigerian? A girl was born in sokoto without legs and hands.. She is now schooling.. I guess stuffs like that don't catch your interest except the reverse...
I am sure if you walk around Nigeria and do your research(not on the internet),you will eat back your words.. I am not saying Nigerians are saints,but people like you should stop trying to make us look like the number 1 "most wicked people on planet earth".. The fact that the country is going tru hard times doesn't mean the citizens are monsters while the rest of the world are saints...

18 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by nyce03(f): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
She's so cute A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ lovely.
Re: World's Smallest Girl Starts School by Ariyke: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Wow shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone / Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.