Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,663 members, 7,837,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27077 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Proxytalk: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
I think this is a more subtle way to commit sucide than being a sucide bomber. when its over the $20000 can still be paid to his family.
Better than boko boys sha
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by r231(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by brandedben(m): 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Not a bad idea bro.. But if you are not up to it please dont try it...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you have supports you can do it without any trouble. Don't let people comments deter you from attempting something you think is worth doing for some reasons best known to you. 1,600km journey can be covered in few weeks if you are really serious about it.

What you will need is as follows:

1. Get ready information about the routs - the terrain, the roads, the nearest possible path,etc.

2. Have with you GPS, Telephone, Camera, good pairs of trainers, consume food rich in vitamin and handful of sugar, make sure you have ATM to withdraw money when necessary, Maps,etc.Don't take with you a laptop(it is going to slow your movement down) but visit internet cafe in cities along your way.

3. Try not to cover more than 20 to 30 kilometers on a very hot day.

4. Let your sponsor follow as long as possible and as they are willing to.

5. Visit your doctor and psychologist for information about your healthy,etc.

6. Ignore every discouraging words and comments from people.

7. Read about people who have embark on long distance journeys.

8. Don't forget to ask your sponsor for doctor assistance in any city you feel you need one.

9. Clear your mind of fears and know that they is nothing impossible in this.

10. Think of other things which you might need on the journey and have them provided.

I wish safe and successful journey.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by SummerT(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2012
No problem jare! Jst remember to pick ur face towel and some litres of water along cuz u need both items. Safe journey.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by DIG1: 12:25am On Sep 26, 2012
@ op, we love u, but God loves u best. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by israelbenzion: 12:44am On Sep 26, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja,

izbenzion@yahoo.com. If u are really serious, don't fail to inform me o! I have always wanted to do this but I don't want to do it alone. Nobody is interested down here. I will cherish the trek for d memory of it. No fail to holler me if not me and u go cut-out o!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by patrickmuf(m): 12:48am On Sep 26, 2012
Hehehe na star trek be dis oh!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 26, 2012
Trek your soul out, get $20,000, an All-Terrain vehicle. Hmmm, Nice Deal. undecided
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 26, 2012
Is Just like u r saying u wanna Trek from Heaven to Hell Fire... #babaric...

Am nt discouraging u o, but the Animals(BOKO HARAM) wey dey that North can make Fear Grip sum1...

PS: Life is precious and u can Only have It once... You cant claim It back with $1,000,000 if Its gone...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by snowbuster: 1:09am On Sep 26, 2012
Lolz no be small thing oo .. and this guy no think say him enemy dey at work . before you embark on ur journey make sure ur family do send-off for you ooo...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by greatgod2012(f): 1:10am On Sep 26, 2012
what abt coming bank too,by trekking or not?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by AZeD1(m): 1:17am On Sep 26, 2012
@OP go for it if you can.
Before you start
1)Like the woman said, give it a name(A walk for/against xyz).
2) See a doctor for check up.
3) Train for at least a month and see a nutritionist so you can change your diet.
4)Start a blog, get enough publicity.
5)Plot your journey. Know the shortest route, the distance between neighboring towns and how long it takes you to walk 1km.
During the Journey
6) Walk at your own pace, you are not timed.
7)With enough publicity, you would get followers who would help you navigate their towns and probably give you accommodation for the night.(Try visiting the rulers of each town you pass.)
coolYou can quit at any time and its no shame. You can always try again.
9)You are allowed to spend days in any particular town of your choice.
10)Take pictures of the good, bad and ugly.

God be with you. Don't mind the negative posters. They all want change in Nigeria but are not ready to work for it.
NB: You already have supporters here who will accommodate you if you pass through their domain. Even the negative ones would house you just so the can discourage/laugh at you.
Accommodation 50% solved.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by pendusky(m): 1:19am On Sep 26, 2012
I wont mind Paying u =N=5k in support for ur mission. Go
Wer al behind u.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by playahP(m): 1:32am On Sep 26, 2012
NAME IT;

ENERGY WALK

WALK AGAINTS AIDS

WALK AGAINST CORRUPTION

WALK AGAINS GARRY CABAL MEMBERS grin
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Youngsage: 1:52am On Sep 26, 2012
bonvoyage!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by InvertedHammer: 4:51am On Sep 26, 2012
Will your sponsors tag you with a monitoring device to make sure that you do not enter bus/okada in this journey?

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by crackhouse(m): 5:56am On Sep 26, 2012
@OP, i can see ur village people are at it again.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Jehdorb(m): 6:12am On Sep 26, 2012
@ op I just hope u'v started d trip, b'cos wit d number of posts I see on this thread, u might end up hearing dat a smarter guy has started d trip b4 u'v made up ur mind. Grab it wt both hands and start as soon as possible b'cos delay culd even be more dangerous than d trip.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by blazzers(m): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2012
I am not a regular poster here,but Having seen the possibility in this,if you serious,then I would like u to contact me,I will support u with #1000000,the problem is how to get in touch with you.I can't drop me email here,contact me on this forum.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 6:28am On Sep 26, 2012
obo_man: In the west, so many of these enduring and remarkable feat happen to raise money for charity.........

I don't know why most of you all are branding this man a mad man..... Our Ancestors trekked 1000s of miles to set up new habitat, in which we are a product of, today.

Walking ( a therapeutic form of exercise) is good for the brain.... I watched the news yesterday of a couple in their 70s that trekked from United Kingdom to their home in Italy.

However, my concerns are your security, and whether you have any survival tip to cope with the Journey. Skills like how to set up a tent, start a fire, protecting yourself from dehydration, gather wild food when you short of supply, having an anti-Venom shot, knowing how to swim, having the right dose of anti-biotic e.t.c.

For people branding you mad, they are mostly what is wrong with Nigeria.......

They see inactivity as a form of enjoyment.

In the west you can trek day and night because there are no security issues,this is Nigeria where we have ritualists,boko haram,robbers,night crawlers all looking for their prey to fist on.
Even the animals in oyinbo land have kind hearts but not the ones in Naija,guy no basis for comparing Nigeria to the west.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by realsammie(m): 6:29am On Sep 26, 2012
make sure u hold transport fare When you tire. if not npbody go agree give u lift back home. my advice
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 6:29am On Sep 26, 2012
blazzers: I am not a regular poster here,but Having seen the possibility in this,if you serious,then I would like u to contact me,I will support u with #1000000,the problem is how to get in touch with you.I can't drop me email here,contact me on this forum.
I am his manager,no check pls
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2012
blazzers: I am not a regular poster here,but Having seen the possibility in this,if you serious,then I would like u to contact me,I will support u with #1000000,the problem is how to get in touch with you.I can't drop me email here,contact me on this forum.
see levels,we need people like you to encourage us.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by secnelly: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2012
Go baby.... GOOOOOOOOOO..... Guiness world Record is waiting to assimilate another record breaking. Especially if you do that in one(1) day or less. I'll be at the road to ginger you wella!!!! That'll be part of ma lil support.

Go Baby!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 26, 2012
In my candid opinion....i feel the op should also partner with various hospitals so that he can be sure of free emergency treatment
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Burger01(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2012
My God, my Father I reject any form of insanity in this country... @OP, you sure say you dey alright?. Make you no listen to words of encouragement from Nairalanders on your planned mission. That na suicidal mission. Stay blessed.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mechanicaldummie(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2012
After trekking, the kind yam wey go dey back of your leg eh!!

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mhozzis(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2012
A-ZeD:
Before you start
3) Train for at least a month and see a nutritionist so you can change your diet.
5)Plot your journey. Know the shortest route, the distance between neighboring towns and how long it takes you to walk 1km.
During the Journey
7)With enough publicity, you would get followers who would help you navigate their towns and probably give you accommodation for the night.(Try visiting the rulers of each town you pass.)

God be with you. Don't mind the negative posters. They all want change in Nigeria but are not ready to work for it.
NB: You already have supporters here who will accommodate you if you pass through their domain. Even the negative ones would house you just so the can discourage/laugh at you.

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mhozzis(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2012
A-ZeD:
Before you start
During the Journey

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by dmanandre(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2012
If you knw u can't me I want to also trek to owerri frm lagos.. Am serious red bull can also contact me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Japanese Passport Is World's Most Powerful Passport, Tops List Again / FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl / FG Adds Emirates To List Of Banned Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.