Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,127 members, 7,838,869 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27082 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by obowunmi(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
this thread is deadly..... grin grin grin grin grin

my ribs oo my ribs...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Iolo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
chucky234: Guy na where you from get that calculation,which destination in 10 days? You know where Maiduguri dey,you no even talj of four months you dey call 10 days,I laff your face.

Stop being so quick to comment. If you read my text clearly its stated that its rougHly 800km frm Lag to Abj and I used a lot of if's to express my point that if he could trek 80km per day he sud be in Abj in 10 days.

I personally don't know if he can trek 80km in a day as that's his to find out.

BTW, Lagos to Maiduguri is ~ 1600km.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by maasoap(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
The discouraging and negative comments on this thread so far reminds me the story of that little boy from Ondo State who won the first prize of mountain climbing competition organized by the then Ondo State govt under Agagu. On the way up the mountain, the boy met adult black men who scared, discouraged and told him to descend because it was too dangerous for a small boy on that kind of adventure. On this same way up, he met adult white people who encouraged him and even offered him ropes to make his climbing easy but the boy replied that he didn't know how to use rope. The boy recieved cash reward, sponsored to mountain climbing world's summit, and he was placed on full scholarship to the university level by the then administration. The scenario above clearly illustrates pessimistic nature of black people.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by VOfficialR(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
I THINK THIS POST AND IT'S COMMENTS HAVE SHOWN WHY MANY DREAMS IN OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY CRUMBLE...
BECAUSE, FOR A GOOD IDEA- THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHOM CAN NOT EVEN CATER FOR THEMSELVES OR SOME WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO DEVELOP A RECORD BREAKING VISIONS BUT ARE WILLING TO STOP PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
NB: IF YOU DON'T EMBARK ON THIS QUEST, PEOPLE WILL DO, IT MAY NOT BE NOW BUT VERY SOON----

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Chuksaluta(m): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Great Idea. Why not involve a Tv station to cover your journey. It would be a great reality show. Don't be discouraged if not someone will steal your idea.
Lagos to maiduguri should be about 900km, if you walk at 2km/hr. And 6 hours a day, it means you will cover like 12km a day, then u should cover the journey in about 80days.
Check what you have to gain under 80day! $20000, fame, records etc
After maiduguri, u can set another goal for your self, maybe season 2
Goodluck!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by indoorlove(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Go guy!!! The best joy in life is doing what others thought was impossible..... See u on tv in few months to come with a sigh of relief and satisfaction written on your face..
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by belloijumuralph(f): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hmmm!,Ȋ̝̊̅ pity U̶̲̥̅̊ smal sha wt all d red bulls n all dat A♏ sur b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ comot 4 ds western part if God decid to hav mercy on U̶̲̥̅̊ fine if U̶̲̥̅̊ mak it to northern pat na dia U̶̲̥̅̊ goo finis ursef ended,saf joni to ur 6ft anywa dnt b dscourag U̶̲̥̅̊ can mk it
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Revolva(m): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
@@oster I pity you comon person dey travel by bus to lokoja or abuja body dey tell person - tiredness heat and sun nai you want trek from lagos to maiduhuri (hell fire) which is hotter infact there will be a point in your journey when your legs will be paralysed na hand you dey use dey waka ...lol body g tell you you go nearly run mad -on ur journey lol and why did you switch off your fone ?? You dey fear
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Chuksaluta(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
belloijumuralph: Hmmm!,Ȋ̝̊̅ pity U̶̲̥̅̊ smal sha wt all d red bulls n all dat A♏ sur b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ comot 4 ds western part if God decid to hav mercy on U̶̲̥̅̊ fine if U̶̲̥̅̊ mak it to northern pat na dia U̶̲̥̅̊ goo finis ursef ended,saf joni to ur 6ft anywa dnt b dscourag U̶̲̥̅̊ can mk it
Bros which side you dey? You dey encourage am or discourage am?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Iolo:

Stop being so quick to comment. If you read my text clearly its stated that its rougHly 800km frm Lag to Abj and I used a lot of if's to express my point that if he could trek 80km per day he sud be in Abj in 10 days.

I personally don't know if he can trek 80km in a day as that's his to find out.

BTW, Lagos to Maiduguri is ~ 1600km.
Guy there is no way he will trek from Lagos to Abuja in 10 days,you should be talking of Lagos to Benin and not Lagos to Abuja. 80km in a day? I can't imagine what you were thinking when you came up with such assumption,do you know what it takes to trek just 12km a day?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mmmustapha(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
grin grin grin my regard to abu qaqa

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Bright4(m): 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
Danger ahead...for those dt knw dis guy,pls make sure u re alwaz talart n mount d junctns suroundin cele.so dt u can GIDI him wit rope...coz dis s how it started.we stil lov u.bside,since ur absent can nt reduce d price of garri n petrol in d mkt,y do u wnt 2sacrifice ur life to unworthy govt.pls.do not giv up.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by damola1: 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
I will give you a free usb modem or our mifi to go along.... with it....
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kslib(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
chucky234: do you know what it takes to trek just 12km a day?
The grace of GOD....
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lazy man. You wan trek from Lagos to Maiduguri na im you open thread. Those of us wey don trek from here to Libya enroute Italy (without ECOWAS passport, talkless of visa), wetin make we do? All these ajebota pikin of nowadays dey make me vex.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by EASY39(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
See poverty.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kslib(m): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
damola1: I will give you a free usb modem or our mifi to go along.... with it....
No be your mate dey donate bags of garri...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lumeneng22: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Announcement. Oyibo no de do all dis nonesense, after them do promise you of $20,000 and alot of energy drinks. No be peson climb kilimanjaro mountain, visit the moon etc? Etc . I even treck from 9ja to cotonnou last week unannounce.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by EASY39(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
See poverty. Den don get u @op
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by michealade(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
See dis were o.U BETA TEL RED BUL TO LEND U SUM BULLS nt onli shirt.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by bknight: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Friend I admire this idea, courage and uniqueness. Those who dare to be different are rare, and their dreams never makes sense to others.

However, I fear u might not be able to embark on this journey if u dwell too much on what ppl think of it/you than concentrating ur attention on how to achieve this task u set for urself.

Greed for money and gains have ways of killing ingenuity in a sincere idea. Just shelve d thot of d money first, start it, and when u get tired, d thots of ur gain might help u tru it. But making d financial gains a priority from onset might work against ur inner strength. There'll be more money and awareness when u complete this. Designer outfits who want to promote their wares in africa will come knocking for modeling contracts.

You may need more than one comfortable pair of sneakers, dehydration is something to avoid. Perhaps a mobile for ur supporters to reach and encourage u (if need be).

A camera. Create an album of ur experience. Capture towns, tribes and spectacles of this great nation. If u don't earn a national award now, God keep us alive, u'd be on my mind in d not too distant future.

I'm waiting to hear u finally embarked on it. More strength!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by basisop(m): 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Na God go punish the person wey hold alienware remote for village. *sobs*

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
In the west, so many of these enduring and remarkable feat happen to raise money for charity.........

I don't know why most of you all are branding this man a mad man..... Our Ancestors trekked 1000s of miles to set up new habitat, in which we are a product of, today.

Walking ( a therapeutic form of exercise) is good for the brain.... I watched the news yesterday of a couple in their 70s that trekked from United Kingdom to their home in Italy.

However, my concerns are your security, and whether you have any survival tip to cope with the Journey. Skills like how to set up a tent, start a fire, protecting yourself from dehydration, gather wild food when you short of supply, having an anti-Venom shot, knowing how to swim, having the right dose of anti-biotic e.t.c.

For people branding you mad, they are mostly what is wrong with Nigeria.......

They see inactivity as a form of enjoyment.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Blessogede(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
know dat u are tired of this world u better go church for deliverance
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Blessogede(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Blessogede: know dat u are tired of this world u better go church for deliverance
abeg no vese did u still have parent
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by CGKing(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Its a lovely idea. Splendid. Nice one guy. But forget it. U go die like fowl. If u were in Asia or the west fine but out her in the wild....? Nigerians no go send u, aand if hunger no kill u, cold go kill u, if bad road accident no kill u, robbers go kill u, if sickness no kill u, boko go kill u or some bad belle enemy of progress Nigerians. Noble idea, wrong environment.even journeying around lagos sef na die.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by olu4life(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dude,am so with u 100%. Dont mind those bad belle. I hope to join u if u dont mind. After this journey,u will be 10x richer than most peeps here. The only problem i have is the destination-maiduguri. Abeg try change am and if possible use a bicycle. Will be much easier to cover much km per day. Please contact me if u want company. I might not get to the destination but will be happy supporting u
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by sab2: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
V_Official®:
Hey, i think you're about breaking some records but i have some advice for you.
1. Choose another city (your safety should be the first)
2. Get enough physical training (don't think you've gotten everything it takes)
3. Publicize it, let the whole world knows (you won't just be rich but 'll be inclusively popular, coz' that's a great concept many haven't thought of "Guinness Book of Records shouldn't be that hard to contact" )
4. Try seeking for more sponsors so as to draw more attention.
5. Research about people who have done stuffs related to that and work on their progress.
NB: When you have a lot of attention, you won't only be popular but you can strike a deal with Redbull (as a model), or other related companies.
Even this big Telecommunication companies can contact you.
You're on the verge of being the best, don't be discouraged. Nothing comes easy.....

MOST COMMENTS HERE HAVE SHOWN THE WAY AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINKS, WE WANT TO MAKE IT BUT DON'T WANT TO SUFFER, WHAT PLEASURE COMES WITHOUT PAIN?
WHY WON'T WE BE ONE OF THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHEN A HANDFUL OF THE WHOLE POPULATION THINKS LIKE THIS.....

HEY GUYS, GO BACK AND WATCH GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS, NONE OF THOSE RECORDS CAME EASY.... ARE THEY ALL POOR
THIS COUNTRY CAN NEVER BE GOOD IF WE CONTINUE THINKING LIKE THIS, DO YOU THINK THOSE GREAT COUNTRIES GOT POWERS THROUGH LOTTO!!!!!

HEY GUYS!!! IT'S NOT THAT HE MUST FINISH THE JOURNEY IN A DAY!!! HE CAN REST ON THE WAY!!!
WHY IS EVERYONE THINKING LIKE THIS

Good thinking
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by LeJeun3: 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mehn this is a swell idea. Guy seriously, I'm willin to join U!

Its actually 1606km, Maiduguri is ok by me.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by hardbody: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend

update few hrs ago 24/09/12
a white lady called few hrs ago saying i should trek against open defeacation in africa and nigeria in particular, her support are financially and all terrain vehicle( but i dont need a vehicle )

i also got a call from ait and nta to enable us schedule interview ( i havent gone that far for interview abeg)

This guy said he was bored today, if and when he starts the journey, the boredom will stop after the first few hours and his reaction will be so predictable. Anyways, if you guys read his further comments, he has already contacted his father and he told him not to, so why elongate this thread. That guy was joking when he posted this. Such efforts come from within and it is usually well thought out. In his case, it is coming from a feeling of boredom which does not happen everyday. Meanwhile @OP, no waka enter market ooo, you may not be accepted by yaba left once you don enter market. In the meantime, I will carry your matter to MFM, that your papa second wife wey dey do you must Die Die die Die Die oooooooo

i got a call from amp energy drink and peak milk

how they got my number is way beyond me, i must have bitten more than i can chew........ have to put off my phone or run away.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Ranoscky(m): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Adds Emirates To List Of Banned Airlines / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos / 5 Secrets For Getting Your Dubai Visa Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.