Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire (19827 Views)

What Is The Difference Between IT And ICT? / From University Dropout To ICT Billionaire / Afrihub 3rd Ict Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
eklassical: So, lagbaja your mission is to distort Nlanderz perceptions abt this company eh...

No mind them NL armchair analyst/engineer.
They way some $2m should give them national coverage.
When they dont even know about the NCC licensing and frequency allocation process.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by ayoade2: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
otokx: Hope this will last?

You can as well think of something that will last than delegrating someone who dared to think and worked at it.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

No mind them NL armchair analyst/engineer.
They way some $2m should give them national coverage.
When they dont even know about the NCC licensing and frequency allocation process.

Are you for real? so the guy went to NCC to get licensing and allocation. haaaa. Na wa ooooo..WTF. Are you that gullible? Maybe you need to read about wireless routers and frequencies before you start saying things you don't know. You think internet bandwidth is the same as mobile phone coverage?

So the guy collected frequency allocation from NCC? HMMM Okay oo. Did he also tell you that the 2MB/s was capped by NCC? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
lagbaja: this guys have simple hot spots, not base stations in the real sense of it. what they have in place is are wireless radios sitting on iron poles. this costs about 50k per point. forget about the N2m base station you are talking about.

At 50k per stand, how does he recharge/charge the wireless radios?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
N1bn broadband network company
am not buying,can someone from the FIRS tell us how much he is paying as tax ?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
byrron:

He was also a freak but got strong desires and was seriously in love with one ISL chap then and I do accompany him then to see d chap then.lol

So he is gay?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:

Mr. Stagger and im plenty stories.. Nairaland 'tales by moonlight'..,. kai...

Watch this space...

Any front pag3e topic get event wey relate for him life...

Nairaland's event manager..

Nice reportage. Are u a blogger
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

2mb/s for a $2million investment where it is only operating on just a few street?

really so ludicrous,not even a state.
the guy is a big liar
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
okpara ugo:

At 50k per stand, how does he recharge/charge the wireless radios?

Its wireless routers and repeaters kept all around. shopping centers do this, Universities do this stuff,companies implement this,eateries also. You can even share your broadband at home with your neighbors and allocate bandwidth to them.wireless routers is not common in Nigeria and for home use that why some people here are thinking $2million project is fine for just computer village.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by blacksta(m): 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

Its wireless routers and repeaters kept all around. shopping centers do this, Universities do this stuff,companies implement this,eateries also. You can even share your broadband at home with your neighbors and allocate bandwidth to them.wireless routers is not common in Nigeria and for home use that why some people here are thinking $2million project is fine for just computer village.

I Agree with this. I dont think you even need a NCC licence to carry out the above. Kudos to him for making money out of it.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

Are you for real? so the guy went to NCC to get licensing and allocation. haaaa. Na wa ooooo..WTF. Are you that gullible? Maybe you need to read about wireless routers and frequencies before you start saying thing you don't know. You think internet bandwidth is the same as mobile phone coverage?

So the guy collected frequency allocation from NCC? HMMM Okay oo. Did he also tell you that the 2MB/s was capped by NCC? undecided undecided undecided

Now it show u don't know anything about running an ISP or Telco.
You run an ISP without NCC licence - they shut u down.
You run on an unallocated frequency -NCC shut you down.
Any of your radios or microwaves transmit on an unallocated frequency- NCC takeover.

Oxygen is an ISP .

Note: 2mps is not data capping. It is available bandwidth.

Data capping is when you don't have unlimited download.eg 300m per month.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by sage2(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
OP:
"I had to trek from Iponrin to Ajose Adeogun to meet him."

The "I had no shoes,I sold firewood or I hawk tomato to go to school" lines seems to have been exhausted. Now this chap is talking about trekking from Iponri to VI. Must every success story be padded? Good for him though.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by doctokwus: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
To u guys thinking Lagbaja is hating,u got it wrong.There is dis trend in d nigerian biz& general life environment of people giving false claims& others making decisions based on d false claims.What I think he just wanted2 point out is dat d story as narrated by d punch is not totally true.We shd rather b commending lagbaja for taking out d time2 do a proper investigation of oxygen based on d report.
@topic,d young man shd be commended& there are a lot of more such people in dis country,not just in ict but other spheres wt genuine,original entrepreneural ideas just wishing dey wud get a bit of start-up capital to move society forward

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
doctokwus: To u guys thinking Lagbaja is hating,u got it wrong.There is dis trend in d nigerian biz& general life environment of people giving false claims& others making decisions based on d false claims.What I think he just wanted2 point out is dat d story as narrated by d punch is not totally true.We shd rather b commending lagbaja for taking out d time2 do a proper investigation of oxygen based on d report.
@topic,d young man shd be commended& there are a lot of more such people in dis country,not just in ict but other spheres wt genuine,original entrepreneural ideas just wishing dey wud get a bit of start-up capital to move society forward

Well I understand your point, but the cost of doing business in Nigeria is high.
Just imagine it cost us N30m to lay fibers from Saka to Festac.
And everybody wants to collect money local govt, state Agberos just name them.
So o dont underestimate anybody doing business at all.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Phemmmy(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
Let's be candid.
You cannot be a dropout and still be the best medical doctor and some other related courses like that.
This is only achieveable in enterspreneurship.
If you read the article well,you'll see that he had to contact some people for him success.
If those ones had also dropped out like him,
WOULD HE HAVE CALLED THEM?
Pls,lets think and do it right.
IF DROPPING OUT IS THE SOLUTION,
LET EVERYONE DROP OUT AND LETS SEE WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by blacksta(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Phemmmy: Let's be candid.
You cannot be a dropout and still be the best medical doctor and some other related courses like that.
This is only achieveable in enterspreneurship.
If you read the article well,you'll see that he had to contact some people for him success.
If those ones had also dropped out like him,
WOULD HE HAVE CALLED THEM?
Pls,lets think and do it right.
IF DROPPING OUT IS THE SOLUTION,
LET EVERYONE DROP OUT AND LETS SEE WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS.

valid points - Please abeg dont encourage dropping of out school, not everyone who dropped out of school is successful but i bet you have more people that are successful who actually finished school.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

Now it show u don't know anything about running an ISP or Telco.
You run an ISP without NCC licence - they shut u down.
You run on an unallocated frequency -NCC shut you down.
Any of your radios or microwaves transmit on an unallocated frequency- NCC takeover

Oxygen is an ISP .

Note: 2mps is not data capping. It is available bandwidth.

Data capping is when you don't have unlimited download.eg 300m per month.

i am not going to argue with you. seems you don't understand how it works ,yet you still bring out funny points bring out points that are irrelevant.what has NCC got to do with wireless LAN? Like i said before. ready more about wireless routers before writing rubbish

FYI IEEE is the organization in charge of Wireless frequency not NCC.oxygen does not produce these routers, they only install them. its got nothing to do with NCC. They ensure that all router produced by these manufacturers follows the guidelines.

In regards to you saying oxygen is an ISP company, i wont argue with you but just because he created a campus area network and people having access to it does not qualify for ISP.

What oxygen did in computer village is more like a cybercafe,only this time its wireless.

A campus area network (CAN) is a network of multiple interconnected local area networks (LAN) in a limited geographical area

quote from http://www.techopedia.com/definition/25931/campus-area-network-can
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

i am not going to argue with you. seems you don't understand how it works ,yet you still bring out funny points bring out points that are irrelevant.what has NCC got to do with wireless LAN? Like i said before. ready more about wireless routers before writing rubbish

FYI IEEE is the organization in charge of Wireless LAN not NCC.

So u don't know the difference BTW a WWAN and wireless LAN.

So in your mind IEEE license the running of ISP in Nigeria.

I ask u is Oxygen an ISP or not.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

So u don't know the difference BTW a WWAN and wireless LAN.

So in your mind IEEE license the running of ISP in Nigeria.

Is ask u is Oxygen an ISP or not.

To you oxygen is an ISP.

To me its an IT business providing wireless internet services to people in computer village. He has not done anything that qualifies him as an ISP (based on computer village's project)
Wait a minute. are u calling what he did in computer village WWAN ?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

To you oxygen is an ISP.

To me its an IT business providing wireless internet services to people in computer village. He has not done anything that qualifies him as an ISP (based on computer village's project)
Wait a minute. are u calling what he did in computer village WWAN ?

Why don't you just give-up this argument of yours.

Oxygen is a tier 3 ISP.

A computer village network is not WLAN using just 100meters radios.
It is a WWAN.

I thought claim to an IT personnel.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

Why don't you just give-up this argument of yours.

Oxygen is a tier 3 ISP.

A computer village network is not WLAN using just 100meters radios.
It is a WWAN.

I thought claim to an IT personnel.

grin grin grin now u starting to break it down
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

grin grin grin now u starting to break it down

Breaking what down.
I told earlier, stop say what you know noting about.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]I'm happy for him but how did he get the $2million start up capital ?[/size]
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by blacksta(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
I think i could be also classed as tier 3 isp provider if i was my sharing my wireless with my nieghbour.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by dwonder(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Gosh!!! The usual Nigerian rant. They leave the KOKO of the matter and begin to chase shadows.

Welldone jare Wandy. Let the haters go and start their own. In 5 years they will come back and read their posts and wish they believed.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Ojobojo1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
You too can do this, make money online without paying a dime, visit http://www.PlugInProfitSite.com/main-34215, i've tried it and it works superbly
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
blacksta: I think i could be also classed as tier 3 isp provider if i was my sharing my wireless with my nieghbour.

That is your WLAN and not a public network.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

Breaking what down.
I told earlier, stop say what you know noting about.

Dude i am not going to argue with you. it obvious you are intrigued with the development..its good but its also good for people to understand his concepts

Read what the CEO said

We are partnering with malls on the Island, Surulere, and high traffic restaurants. We already have agreements with all of these people,” he said

Tell me which ISP company partners with malls and restaurants? They provide services. What he is doing is what IT companies in developed countries do. They install provide and manage their network for clients. Just like the network where i am is provided by an outsourced IT company. No body dare calls them ISP. This guy is installing wireless in public areas and where there are lots of people on the move and he is charging for the service. all this thing he is doing is in the UK and its mostly free. He is just smart about his own
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Esinwaju: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
kenbee: Start up capital of $2m and U call that a suprise for 7yrs?
That should be above #300m

Give me just #100k & just 3yrs, and see where I shall be.

This Story doesn't Motivate me a bit!
Say that to yourself for the rest of the year if it makes you sleep better, just know that talking the talk ain't the same as walking the walk. A man who puts on his armour should not boast as one who takes it off. Get the drift?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

Dude i am not going to argue with you. it obvious you are intrigued with the development..its good but its also good for people to understand his concepts

Read what the CEO said

We are partnering with malls on the Island, Surulere, and high traffic restaurants. We already have agreements with all of these people,” he said

Tell me which ISP company partners with malls and restaurants? They provide services. What he is doing is what IT companies in developed countries do. They install provide and manage their network for clients. Just like the network where i am is provided by an outsourced IT company. No body dare calls them ISP. This guy is installing wireless in public areas and where there are lots of people on the move and he is charging for the service. all this thing he is doing is in the UK and its mostly free. He is just smart about his own

Did you take time to read and understand to article at all.

Where did he claim to be managing services.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

Did you take time to read and understand to article at all.

Where did he claim to be managing services.

Did you read my post well before jumping into conclusion. i said IT companies install,provide and manage services for client in developed countries .He is installing his own network in public places and charging for the service.

Listen man, i have tried to educate you on this but it seems you still dont get it.

Ok yes, he is an ISP .
Yes. he is tier 1 ISP

Whatever makes you feel better. I am telling you what he is doing is an already existing technology in developed countries but hardly do people charge for wifi in public places.and its mostly installed by business owners or organization that what their client or people to have access to internet.

Organizations have branches a lot in uk and they have a free WiFi zone in their surrounding so people can browse. Did they call them selves ISP companies? undecided or is it because they are not charging clients? undecided

we have a free wifi zone in the building where i work. should we call ourselves ISP company?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by idupaul: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Godman_n: No comment. There is still a lot missing in this story.

Why would a guy who could raise 2mm drop out of school Was it purely to pursue his investment ambition

I have serious doubtssss

U can never understand even if U hit head for ground... From ur statement I can see U are the I must die in 9-5 life and U don't realise ur 9-5 is some ones entrepreneural risk and exploit which if he didn't take U would not be feeling secure there and call it 9-5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ugliest Dog's Competition Photos / Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday – NASRDA / Cow Delivers Quadruplets In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.