Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire (19811 Views)

What Is The Difference Between IT And ICT? / From University Dropout To ICT Billionaire / Afrihub 3rd Ict Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Kay1kay1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Fantastic for an entrepreneur. I like his 'die-hard never say frustrated/ stagnated/ pity-pity' attitude. Great things are still possible in this country.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by idupaul: 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
otokx: Hope this will last?

Foul spirit .. Shut and face ur secure 9-5 ..hope it also last for U
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by idupaul: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
blacksta:

I Agree with this. I dont think you even need a NCC licence to carry out the above. Kudos to him for making money out of it.

You are wrong there is actually an NCC licence for this.. Once U u try to resell broadband commercially the NCC comes in .. I know a company that was shut down in Abj recently for its commercial wifi
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by bloggz: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
;Ddoes dis picture(background,shirt and appearance) look like someone siiting on a one billion naira business empire E ma gba wa jooor ;Ddoes dis picture(background,shirt and appearance) look like someone siiting on a one billion naira business empire E ma gba wa jooor
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by elbulk(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
There's sumthing called havin a gud idea and marketin it 2 d rite ppl plus he said N2M...cos u cnt do sumthn doesn't make him fraudulent
Mr.chippychappy:
I'm happy for him but how did he get the $2million start up capital ?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by tai2(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
These stories need to be vetted, too many question marks, seems some people don't know the value of $2m as at 1998.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by horny4u(f): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
kenbee: Start up capital of $2m and U call that a suprise for 7yrs?
That should be above #300m

Give me just #100k & just 3yrs, and see where I shall be.

This Story doesn't Motivate me a bit!

Lol eleregbe grin grin grin

Turn your N10 to N100 then N1000 then N10,000 then your N10,000 to N100,0000 to N1M

How will it inspire you when all you need is your fingers and keyboard to turn 100k ard in 3years....on Nairaland.

I cannot stop laughing....na so
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
elbulk: There's sumthing called havin a gud idea and marketin it 2 d rite ppl plus he said N2M...cos u cnt do sumthn doesn't make him fraudulent

READ the article again . Its says $2m

Adalemo said the company started with a $2m investment and as at today, had invested N1bn with a network infrastructure already in place and duly licensed by the Nigerian Communications Commission.

How did he get it ? Mark Zuckerberg raised funds for facebook from Angel investors and the help of his CFO and even then he didn't raise $2M to start facebook . I am happy for Mr Adalemo BUT how did he raise 2million DOLLARS !
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by jakaiso(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
kenbee: Start up capital of $2m and U call that a suprise for 7yrs?
That should be above #300m

Give me just #100k & just 3yrs, and see where I shall be.

This Story doesn't Motivate me a bit!

How much can you return to me in 3 years-if I give you N100,000?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by jakaiso(m): 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
lagbaja:

what am i wrong about ?

that the company is not worth N1b ?
that the company has 20,000 customers ?
that the company has $2m investments ?

i did not say they are non existent.I said they exaggerated their capacity. how much have u spent on buying their vouchers ?. you only told us how us used their internet service for free. remember also that registeration is a prerequite for internet service in Nigeria.

What do you do for a living? Are you a journalist or self employed? Thanks.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by elomi: 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
Please does anybody know the companies' (Oxygen) website address?
I would really appreciate it.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
elomi: Please does anybody know the companies' (Oxygen) website address?
I would really appreciate it.

thanks.

i have checked and searched. i don't think he has one
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Ibadiarann(m): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
One thing has been achieved here. All those that read this now know about Oxygen and wande. Simple. But, I once met wande somewhere in a train in munich. He told me about his project exactly the way the poster narrated it. He is intelligent and strong willed. I believe youths can learn from him. His determination to succeed. You can imagine the persecusions he faced for dropping out of school in 1998 back then when he could not have imagined that he would start up. Let's drop the figures. Thumbs up wande.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by God4memi: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
wandee cool,nice one carry on my brother, the sky is your starting point,enjoy rgds to your sisters
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by BHarmony(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
It's very inspiring and informative.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by jakaiso(m): 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
sage_:

The "I had no shoes,I sold firewood or I hawk tomato to go to school" lines seems to have been exhausted. Now this chap is talking about trekking from Iponri to VI. Must every success story be padded? Good for him though.

Bros-there is hardly any successful Nigerian entrepreneur-who has not trekked miles on the road-whether in Lagos,Ibadan,Onitsha,Kano,Makuridi,Asaba or anywhere else-except maybe those born into wealth.
And most sold one odd thing or the other at the begining-from books to clothes to food stuff to bread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by bigx(m): 7:23am On Sep 26, 2012
bloggz: ;Ddoes dis picture(background,shirt and appearance) look like someone siiting on a one billion naira business empire E ma gba wa jooor ;Ddoes dis picture(background,shirt and appearance) look like someone siiting on a one billion naira business empire E ma gba wa jooor

You business is worth a billion dollars doesn't mean its available to spend or that you waste it on frivolities, that's not business mentality, does Zuckerberg in shorts and flip-flops look like a billionaire?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by elomi: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Guys please help as I have searched "the entire" Google database for Oxygen website but to no avail.
I am really shocked that something as important as a website is difficult to find.

To me that would have been the first in the business strategy/process.

Any I'm still searching...

Kindly be a darling and update if you find it.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by sholatech(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by hammedkola(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
otokx: Hope this will last?

that was how Mark Zuck of facebook started and he his among the first 100 on the forbe's list today.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by tmontee: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
elomi: Guys please help as I have searched "the entire" Google database for Oxygen website but to no avail.
I am really shocked that something as important as a website is difficult to find.

To me that would have been the first in the business strategy/process.

Any I'm still searching...

Kindly be a darling and update if you find it.

sholatech: http://www.oxygen.net.ng/

You see yourself? Next time do a painstaking job, so that we can invest $2m(or more) in your business. grin
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by kunlejazz(m): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Godman_n: No comment. There is still a lot missing in this story.

Why would a guy who could raise 2mm drop out of school Was it purely to pursue his investment ambition

I have serious doubtssss

There was nothing in that post that suggested he could just 'raise' 2M dollars. Do you know what it means to approach ONE HUNDRED banks/investors/business men for a loan? Do you know how much sweat, blood and money would have gone into that? If he could have just 'raised' the money why did he take him 7yrs (1998-2005) to get started? And does that raggedy looking man (no offense)resemble one born with a silver spoon to you? Let's just say you didn't read the post.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by kunlejazz(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Godman_n: No comment. There is still a lot missing in this story.

Why would a guy who could raise 2mm drop out of school Was it purely to pursue his investment ambition

I have serious doubtssss

There was nothing in that post that suggested he could 'raise' 2M dollars. Do you know what it means to approach ONE HUNDRED banks/investors/business men for a loan? Do you know how much sweat, blood and money would have gone into that? If he could have just 'raised' the money why did it take him 7yrs (1998-2005) to get started? And does that raggedy looking man (no offense)resemble one born with a silver spoon to you? Let's just say you didn't read the post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls What Is Work Of Turbo On 5000 Watts Century Stabilizer / Ugliest Dog's Competition Photos / Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday – NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.