Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire (19810 Views)

What Is The Difference Between IT And ICT? / From University Dropout To ICT Billionaire / Afrihub 3rd Ict Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by sylve11: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2012
Inspiring story! cool
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by dridowu: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2012
Mr Adalemo, so proud of u , we are waiting for ur WIFI at oke arin market.............bros makd it kiakia,mazamaza,osiso

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 25, 2012
stagger: In 1998, the opportunities were virgin so he made it. You cannot drop out of school now to do the same thing: it will backfire. Such success stories are the exception rather than the rule. I had a chance of starting an IT company as far back as 1995. It would have meant dropping out of school but I did not have the funds and there were no investors. So dropping out of school for me was not an option and I am happy I did not. In retrospect, I would have made a lot of money but then, the circumstances were not right and maybe it was not my chosen path.

I think many of us can identify with this guy's dream and life story, but all fingers are not equal.

Mr. Stagger and im plenty stories.. Nairaland 'tales by moonlight'..,. kai...

Watch this space...

stagger:
He is designing sites for people who are using their sites to make money. the guy who designed the site for one of my businesses charged me N20,000. Till date, I have made more than N5m from that site. As a result of that N20,000 website, I am on the verge of getting a foreign partnership that will pay me multiplied millions annually. So while my web designer will probably only make N20,000, + N10,000 annual web hosting fees, I am making the money.

stagger: The other day I was somewhere in Nasarawa state where someone was distributing N10 notes to the Almajiri kids there. Come and see the stampede as they rushed for the money. Filth everywhere. Old women with swarms of children who have not had a bath in days begging for anything: money, food, clothes.

stagger:

Who is this ignorant f.ool telling someone to shut up when I just wired money abroad on Thursday from my GTB online account? If you are ignorant about something, better to keep quiet and LOOK like a f.ool than to say something and actually prove that you are one.

stagger:
sorry about your loss, but seriously, your wife should not be withdrawing money at that time of the night. Whenever I have to use the ATM at night, I usually go with my firearm tucked into my jacket, and a canister of insecticide too. Anyone who tries to f.uck with me in an ATM at night will end up dead. It is that simple.

stagger:
I bought my first car in 2000 on a salary of N48,000 a month. In addition to my government work, I learnt web design on my own. My first accommodation was self contained. I painted my first house because after paying the rent, I had no money for furniture or painting or anything. There have even been times when I went 24 hours on only water. I have sold stuff on the street at a point in my life. If you talk of poverty, I think I have had a taste of it.

I did not become a big boy overnight. If na hustle, I don do am well well. The problem is that many graduates are unwilling to get their hands dirty in order to get them clean. If you need to work on a site or do bus conductor work for N2,000 a day, I do not see what is the big deal in it.

I do not need to wake up; I woke up a long time ago. After I sold stuff on the street and in banking halls years back, I came to the realization that the problem we have is that Naija has too many lazy graduates who need to wake up. There is work everywhere if you put aside shame and self-consciousness. Part of what emboldens a bus conductor who talks to passengers with authority is that he knows he will never come to your house to beg ga..i (oops, I almost said the banned word) from you.

Any front pag3e topic get event wey relate for him life...

Nairaland's event manager..

5 Likes

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by morgist(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2012
Here at the Computer village we do downloads at up to 2 megabits per second and that is the fastest you have on user-to-user basis here. We are offering Nigerians speed, affordable, convenience and reliable service.”

Chief Executive Officer, Oxygen, Wande Adalemo tells Technology Times that in Computer Village, “we have over 6,000 different unique users already. We hope that we will be able to get over 10,000 subscribers on our network and then move in to another market clusters that we have around Lagos.”

The Oxygen network is built to handle over a thousand devices and having 4 gigabits per second capacity through-put to offer coverage across the entire Computer Village market cluster.

He says the network is embedded with links that makes it easier for users to connect to the internet as well as the free mapping service that allows users to view locations on the web.

On the Oxygen data service plan, Adalemo explains that “you can decide to get something done in one hour, there is a one hour plan for you or get something done in the next one week, there is one week plan for you or I’m monthly users, I need to save money upfront for the whole month, there is a monthly plan for you.”

According to him, Oxygen offers N200 for the two-hour plan with 24 hours validity; N500 for seven-hour plan with validity of seven days; N1,250 for 25 hours with a validity of 10 days; N4,500 for 100 hours with 30-day validity and N10,000 for 24/7 access.

Oxygen is offering an unlimited download limit on all these plans, “which is another advantage for Nigerians”, he explains.

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by member479760: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2012
and those ya teachers with PhD computer science can't reach it.

2 Likes

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2012
Those of u with the "what ifs" theory,u are the perfect description of "chicken little",to u the sky is always falling. U talking about a village boy with dreams,there are many counts of tale about slumdog millioNairas,there will odds,its d ability to break out of it that makes one successful,a village boy that has never seen a computer wouldn't have a dream being an ICT don,but he has seen cows,goats,sheeps,he can become an agricultural don like obj,so pls those of u who wants to bask in the glow of ur own mediocrity and pessimism should do,but don't indulge others,Nigeria has enough bad news already

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by cashcpt(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2012
Callotti: The man never talk true. . .we shall soon find out.
Gbese GMILLIONAIRES. . . Part 2! grin

Mumu
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2012
I am greatly inspired!

God will see you through brother..
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by jeddyMay(f): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2012
otokx:

your guess is as good as mine - average

u r so hopeless. at least be positive. anyways, thumbs up to d guy
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2012
We have so many pessimistic GRADUATES on this thread.

As for the prices for the bundles.. Hmm .. its the cheapest I've ever seen
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by achi4u(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2012
Am thanking God for him...

only him knows the amouth his company worthgrin
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Callotti: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2012
cashcpt:

Mumu

Thank you!

Tinubu-in-the-making. . .we shall soon hear and see! grin
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by intrepid: 11:09am On Sep 25, 2012
Yomieluv: The problem with Nigeria is that we are certificate crazy,anyone without a formal education is seen as a failure,whereas 90% of what been taught are irrelevant to the course studied,and not applicable in real life situation. I salute your courage,God will keep the dream alive IJN.
Thanks.Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are in the same line.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by FBS: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2012
Big ups man. Way to go!!!
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2012
Nico one. God bless your dream brother.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by etchel(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2012
Nice discovery
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by ismhab(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2012
BANK LOANS IS TOO BAD FOR INVESTMENT IN NIGERIA.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Ijebulogic(m): 11:20am On Sep 25, 2012
kaysy:
I had to trek from Iponrin to Ajose Adeogun to meet him. He was the managing director of a bank then[b][/b]. “/

MD of a Bank with Office on Ajose Adeogun? Source of $2m USD funding riddle solved.

More grease to your elbows young dude.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by ismhab(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2012
ojotask: So inspiring, and he looks so simple . . .
Yahoo-yahoo or should i say 419, by the way how do u get that picture? Who told u he is the one? Or u are just posting ur picture for the real business.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by abhosts(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2012
Ijebulogic:

MD of a Bank with Office on Ajose Adeogun? Source of $2m USD funding riddle solved.

Only Zenith Bank fits that description.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2012
morgist: Here at the Computer village we do downloads at up to 2 megabits per second and that is the fastest you have on user-to-user basis here. We are offering Nigerians speed, affordable, convenience and reliable service.”

I am confused. Did you just say 2MB/S is the fastest?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2012
Sky-walker:

I am confused. Did you just say 2MB/S is the fastest?

In Nigeria, yes.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by lagbaja(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2012
I was fascinated when i read the story of Wande this morning. I was particularly curios about his $2m investment claim, the company's claim of net-worth of N1billion and the customer base of 20,000 subscribers. I quickly set out to investigate the story and to learn from their practice.I went to the computer village and made enquiries about the company. Not so many people knew about them. eventually, i was directed to one of the vendors that sells their voucher. I asked to buy a voucher, he told me the different product offers, i settled for the N200 voucher. he said i could not use it until I register, however the person to register me was not around. i offered to go to the company's head office to do my registration. he gave me a flier that bears the head office address. before leaving i asked him how many such vendors like him existed for the oxygen network, he estimated it to be about 20. i also asked how much his daily sales is, he said it was between N1k and 2k. By implication, the total sales within the computer village for 26 days by 20 voucher resellers and at an average sales of 2k per reseller will be about N1m. i eventually locate the company. The company was situated in a small shop on 12 Francis Oremeji st. They share office with another small company called Jolasons Nigeria Limited. the company does not in any way reflect a N2m sales company talk less of a N1billion worth. I met 2 staff eating ice and beans in the office. the office is barely empty with no signs of activity. i asked to register for their service. he directed me t go and look for vendors around. so much for a N1billion Naira company grin grin grin grin

The lesson in all of this is that:
1. you should look before you leap.
2.don't believe all that you read in the papers, particularly punch.
3.you can achieve your dreams and attain greatness, but dont build on weak foundations.
4. Be honest to yourself and to others. lies can only go so far

2 Likes

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2012
Ijebulogic:

Oga Ovia has good knowledge of ICT.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by horny4u(f): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2012
otokx: Hope this will last?

Proper salary mentality...will your bank job last is the question ?
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by snthesis(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2012
lagbaja: I was fascinated when i read the story of Wande this morning. I was particularly curios about his $2m investment claim, the company's claim of net-worth of N1billion and the customer base of 20,000 subscribers. I quickly set out to investigate the story and to learn from their practice.I went to the computer village and made enquiries about the company. Not so many people knew about them. eventually, i was directed to one of the vendors that sells their voucher. I asked to buy a voucher, he told me the different product offers, i settled for the N200 voucher. he said i could not use it until I register, however the person to register me was not around. i offered to go to the company's head office to do my registration. he gave me a flier that bears the head office address. before leaving i asked him how many such vendors like him existed for the oxygen network, he estimated it to be about 20. i also asked how much his daily sales is, he said it was between N1k and 2k. By implication, the total sales within the computer village for 26 days by 20 voucher resellers and at an average sales of 2k per reseller will be about N1m. i eventually locate the company. The company was situated in a small shop on 12 Francis Oremeji st. They share office with another small company called Jolasons Nigeria Limited. the company does not in any way reflect a N2m sales company talk less of a N1billion worth. The lesson in all of this is that you should look before you leap. secondly , don't believe all that you read in the papers, particularly punch. you can achieve your dreams and attain greatness, but dont build on weak foundations.
jack bauer in da house!!!
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Skywalker5(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2012
morgist:

The Oxygen network is built to handle over a thousand devices and having 4 gigabits per second capacity through-put to offer coverage across the entire Computer Village market cluster.

Since he has 2000 customers at 2MB/s, the 4GB/S capacity is already maxed up. If this company is worth 1 billion as it is being reported, the guy should invest in higher capacity. 2MB/S is slow
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by emmatok(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2012
lagbaja: I was fascinated when i read the story of Wande this morning. I was particularly curios about his $2m investment claim, the company's claim of net-worth of N1billion and the customer base of 20,000 subscribers. I quickly set out to investigate the story and to learn from their practice.I went to the computer village and made enquiries about the company. Not so many people knew about them. eventually, i was directed to one of the vendors that sells their voucher. I asked to buy a voucher, he told me the different product offers, i settled for the N200 voucher. he said i could not use it until I register, however the person to register me was not around. i offered to go to the company's head office to do my registration. he gave me a flier that bears the head office address. before leaving i asked him how many such vendors like him existed for the oxygen network, he estimated it to be about 20. i also asked how much his daily sales is, he said it was between N1k and 2k. By implication, the total sales within the computer village for 26 days by 20 voucher resellers and at an average sales of 2k per reseller will be about N1m. i eventually locate the company. The company was situated in a small shop on 12 Francis Oremeji st. They share office with another small company called Jolasons Nigeria Limited. the company does not in any way reflect a N2m sales company talk less of a N1billion worth. The lesson in all of this is that you should look before you leap. secondly , don't believe all that you read in the papers, particularly punch. you can achieve your dreams and attain greatness, but dont build on weak foundations.

You are wrong, I use Oxygen any time I go to Otigba.
1. The network is WiFi based, any WiFi device can connect.
2. You do not need any office to register, I registered throug my phone WiFi and got 5hours free browsing.
3. According to thier engineers thier main office is at Surulere.
4. 80% of guys at the village knows Oxygen, and 60% use the network.
Oxygen is the cheapest and best ISP within that area.
But the problem is that they lacked good network coverage.
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by Ijebulogic(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
lagbaja: I was fascinated when i read the story of Wande this morning. I was particularly curios about his $2m investment claim, the company's claim of net-worth of N1billion and the customer base of 20,000 subscribers. I quickly set out to investigate the story and to learn from their practice.I went to the computer village and made enquiries about the company. Not so many people knew about them. eventually, i was directed to one of the vendors that sells their voucher. I asked to buy a voucher, he told me the different product offers, i settled for the N200 voucher. he said i could not use it until I register, however the person to register me was not around. i offered to go to the company's head office to do my registration. he gave me a flier that bears the head office address. before leaving i asked him how many such vendors like him existed for the oxygen network, he estimated it to be about 20. i also asked how much his daily sales is, he said it was between N1k and 2k. By implication, the total sales within the computer village for 26 days by 20 voucher resellers and at an average sales of 2k per reseller will be about N1m. i eventually locate the company. The company was situated in a small shop on 12 Francis Oremeji st. They share office with another small company called Jolasons Nigeria Limited. the company does not in any way reflect a N2m sales company talk less of a N1billion worth. I met 2 staff eating ice and beans in the office. the office is barely empty with no signs of activity. i asked to register for their service. he directed me t go and look for vendors around. so much for a N1billion Naira company grin grin grin grin

The lesson in all of this is that you should look before you leap. secondly , don't believe all that you read in the papers, particularly punch. you can achieve your dreams and attain greatness, but dont build on weak foundations.

Please give this man an award for investigative journalism! well done, I value your analysis. However, note that company valuation is based on Present Value of Projected Net Cash Flows. It all depends on what the company has projected in sales over the next five years. Remember, that Microsoft and Virgin Group started in garages...
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by kenbee(f): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Start up capital of $2m and U call that a suprise for 7yrs?
That should be above #300m

Give me just #100k & just 3yrs, and see where I shall be.

This Story doesn't Motivate me a bit!
Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by akereconfi: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
Here I am.....currently under the RSSDA scholarship, finished my Pre-A level refresher course....doin TOEFL class. I applied in for Medicine buh now am having a change of mind to Bsc in ICT...and am to go to either Chitkara University India or Manchester University England. My parents ( espcially my dad is shoutin that I must do Medicine buh right from childhool......ICT has being my hobby, I spend sleepless nights wf my PC, I hav a strong drive for ICT, I download ebooks n read dem on my own. A friend of mine finished from Inida wf first class (7:5 out of 10) he advised me to choose Inda over England.

Plzz I need advice from experts here......as to career in Medicine n ICT
thanks

1 Like

Re: Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire by 360command: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
i do not know if i read the part that said 'how the boy got money to actualize that dream'. if anybody had read something similar to how he got money to start up the ICT business, i will like the person to kindly tell me.

its one thing to have the vision and another to get the capital to proceed on that vision. Getting the capital in africa or Nigeria is quite difficult . so how did this young boy get the capital to start up the ICT company??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls What Is Work Of Turbo On 5000 Watts Century Stabilizer / Ugliest Dog's Competition Photos / Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday – NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.