Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency (9130 Views)

Access Bank Gave Me Fake Currency Note / Odi Dollars Flaunts Shrine With Foreign Currency / Bank Driver Arrested With 19 ATM Cards And N652, 000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by yemi2plus(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2012

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/831964_Igbinosa-with-the-fake-currency_jpga87d89e1789809a2551412b887c47b84[/img]

An employee of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company, Osakpolo Igbinosa, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly being in possession of fake N900, 000.

The father of three said the fake money was among those that were yet to reach the final stage of printing by the NSPMC.

The suspect, a material security officer, said he had been perpetrating the criminal act since 2010 until he was recently arrested by the police in Ikorodu.

The Edo State indigene said he had gone to a bureau de change operator to convert the counterfeit money to dollars when one of the operators, Abdulrahman Abdullahi, raised the alarm and alerted the police.

“The notes are not fake per se, but the difference is that, they have not reached final state of production and so there are no serial numbers on them. I did not print them contrary to what I am being accused of. The notes are genuine ones and were printed by the company but I stole them because I needed to offset some debt,” he said.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said the suspect was arrested on September 19, 2012.

She said, “One Abdulraham Abdullahi of Benson Plaza Ikorodu alerted policemen on Shagamu Road that the suspect, with staff number MSC. /4503 transacted a business of exchange of N900, 000 for $3,000. During the transaction, the said N900, 000 was discovered to be fake because the notes did not have security and minting numbers.

“The suspect was promptly arrested by the police and during interrogation, he confessed being a security man attached to the NSPMC and that he stole money.

“He further stated that he had been stealing the counterfeit money since 2010 and bought a Nissan Pathfinder with number plate KRD 480AE from the illegal business. He even attempted to bribe the police with N300, 000 when they came to arrest him.”

Braide said the bribe money was also being held as an exhibit and that the suspect would soon be charged to court.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/printing-and-minting-employee-arrested-with-fake-n-9m/e
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by yemi2plus(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2012

Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by emsquare(m): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2012
Too bad!
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2012
Eh ya... only 900,000...
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Tlake(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2012
Badt guy,but he didn't lie too much though and he his a big fool also,hw could u wnt to change all dat at once @ a spot well na God wan catch u
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by 27naira(m): 11:07am On Sep 25, 2012
A case of goat watching over yam tubers. smh
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by akpunku1: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2012
cheesycheesycheesycheesy o boy e! I go like work here o, me sef go carry my inkjet printer dey give am numbertonguetonguetongue.. Shey na only serial number remain? Mehn see dulling grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But on a more serious note, those that live in glass house should not throw stones. Naija i hail thee

3 Likes

Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by tunapawizzy: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2012
BUhahahahahaha........see d guy lips like ponmo
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by mallorca(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2012
Ngeria will be better
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by honeric01(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2012
How can you buy $3000 for #900,000?

yemi2plus2:

http://www.punchng.com/metro/printing-and-minting-employee-arrested-with-fake-n-9m/e

$3,000 is less than #475,000.
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by emilyone(f): 11:19am On Sep 25, 2012
tunapawizzy: BUhahahahahaha........see d guy lips like ponmo
grin
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2012
Only 900 grand? E too small na! He would have made it a round figure.the guy no try abeg. undecided
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by xtivin(m): 11:20am On Sep 25, 2012
when thief finish for town,na dat time person use armed robber do ma-guard...God help us
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by pendusky(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2012
akpu nku: cheesycheesycheesycheesy o boy e! I go like work here o, me sef go carry my inkjet printer dey give am numbertonguetonguetongue.. Shey na only serial number remain? Mehn see dulling grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But on a more serious note, those that live in glass house should not throw stones. Naija i hail thee

Bad boi
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by topsyking: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Omo..dis guy try o..he even get pathfinder jeep...after all this while,he didn't stop,free money don sweet am.I know he go don make am gan...well if ordinary security can av that kind money and jeep,who knows if he get house sef..now think of it..what will the central bank govnor,manager. Of the printing and mintin co have then.. Every industry and company in nigeria are corrupt..don't even talk abut d bank managers of bank..they r the worst..pretending to av nothing but stinkingly rich
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2012
Singing Boyz II Men *it's the end of †ЂΞ road*
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by miteolu(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2012
If this guy has been printing N5 notes I will not complain but N1,000 he is crasyyy
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2012
akpu nku: cheesycheesycheesycheesy o boy e! I go like work here o, me sef go carry my inkjet printer dey give am numbertonguetonguetongue.. Shey na only serial number remain? Mehn see dulling grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Everyone calls him thief. Our leaders are stealing more on daily basis. That is why Nigeria is in the dark.

As you said, the guy really bleeped up. How many of his colleagues are in this illegal business.

On the most serious note, a security man rides a pathfinder jeep. hmmmm.
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by excondido(m): 11:40am On Sep 25, 2012
i wish i had just a week in this guy's past shoe.....hehehe.
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by labamo07(m): 11:40am On Sep 25, 2012
And so fucking what if the guy steals peanut ☺f 900K....what has been done to those useless old fools looting our money......abeg bury the case like you dey bury our looter's case jor.......
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2012
honeric01: How can you buy $3000 for #900,000?

$3,000 is less than #475,000.

I suspect a deal gone sour. Nah today dem start am
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by lycaninc: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2012
i swear it wont cost me anything to put numbers on those money,take it to the bank,deposit it and withdraw it in another branch. i think i have watched too much of hussle season film. na just idea o

1 Like

Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Freiburger(m): 11:58am On Sep 25, 2012
Hello posters, please avoid comments that results to tribal fights as they will not be tolerated.
Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by mrrock: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
@topsyking.
You're absolutely correct!.
If a common gateman can pull this transaction then one can only imagine how many Billions Sanusi & co must have printed for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by a1solution: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
He would soon be released on bail cos top men would need him for serious business. Even the police were unable collect bribe because of the attention it has drawn if not your guess is as good as mine…..

1 Like

Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Abeg na where them keep those 900k? i am interested. . . .i watch hustle too and also 24
Re: Printing And Minting Company Employee Arrested With Fake Currency by olawaletaiwo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
I beg make una leave this man joooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uspry1's Chat Line On Nairaland / Beauty Queens / Disgusting Misuse Of Rotfl, Brb, Uwc, Lwgaf, U2m... D Way U Use Em Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.