Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations (9148 Views)

When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol. / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by doctokwus: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Koolking: I thought people voted for GEJ because he eradicated fuel queues at fuel stations. Whatever happens to this feat now?. SMH, Nigeria, a land where pigs fly.
They are also now claiming dat he improved power supply,but for weeks now,its been a return to status quo,despit dat there is d new tragedy of unimaginable NEPA bills brought half way into d mth.Maybe his next PR achievement wud b stopping flooding in d west& SS while other parts are submerged in man made floods!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Kitomania(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
KD its still N97 per ltr... only few station are selling above pump price for now.... Total around Central Market is good i just left there....
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by SamMilla1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
I bought 115 at Asaba on Sunday.
Bought 125 at Enugu on Monday.

I am scared now to go near any petrol station.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Abumilla(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
At zaria, it is sold at 130 naira per liter

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Operalex: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
nairaman66:

Thank your stars... It is sold at N280/litre in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State as at yesterday! Shocking?
hahaha! Oil producing state at that exhorbitant price, kwara and oyo shld prepare 4 d worst. Am stranded already, i cld nt go out as i used to

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by lumeneng22: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Oya na conveyner of S N G what do you have to say abt this?
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Okijajuju1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Just got back from a trip to Calabar last weekend..

Port-Harcourt (Elelenwo) - 120

Calabar - IBB Road (Tonimas filling station) - 120

Port-Harcourt (Eleme) - 105
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by snowbuster: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
so sad my fatherland is getting worst everyday by day .No reason why this fuel price was increase again and yet we said their wil be no war in this country .. when the time comes we will surely fight back dose motherfuckers leaders .
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Chitexs250(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nigeria full of surprises daily only God can help us all.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by macnuel: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
cry smh
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by lafuria1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
and october 1st is next week. is ok
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by PEREP: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Countryman93: This is the number 1 reason why i think the NLC got it wrong on subsidy withdrawal. There was no need opposing it in the first instance if the reversal was not going to be full.
This halfway measure is more fatal to Nigerians. It could have been better if they even allowed government to have their way and let's hold them into account for their promises.
Besides,retaining subsidy regime continues to give room for corruption in subsidy payments and stalling the growth of private refineries in Nigeria.
The subsidy regime also encourages the oil marketers to hold Nigeria to ransome. We are almost paying the dreaded pump price under the subsidy regime.

Sir, how does subsidy issue affect shortage in supply due a bad vandalized pipe. Work on the pipes are almost concluded and products will flow to the depots.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
I am surprised this is news. I thought this is the price nation wide.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by nairaman66(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
I think GEJ meant FRESH FUEL when he used the word FRESH AIR.. I just bought 10 Litres for N3000 angry.. Make una warn JONA ooO!!
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by thelastPope(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Reading through all these posts make me really laugh! Is anyone not seeing something here? I don't see the problem with government here. I see the problem with Nigerians and their fake lives and self centeredness.

I have had to contend with filling station attendants several times. But guess where my biggest opposition came from? Fellow Nigerians who wanted to buy fuel. They have told me different things from "don't waste our time" to "please you are bigger than that". Some even defended the filling stations as if they work in NNPC and have insider information of some sort.

Hear me loud and clear. It is not a government problem. It is Nigerians problem. The government is not going to go round all the filling stations in the country checking their pump. It is your refusal to get cheated, your mass actions that will bring government there. That is how it happens all over the world. Nigeria is not different. As long as you keep paying N120 per litre, then you shouldn't complain. If you don't want to pay N120, or the pump has been tampered, start wahala right there in that filling station and government will start running down there and before you know it will affect other stations. Stop being a country of cowards who can only rant on NL with pseudo names. Appalling!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
2Mekus: Got a rude shock this morning when I drove to some filling stations at Ago-Palace, Okota in Lagos to top-up my car-fuel tank. The attendant calmly told me they sell at N120 per litre. Yet, the metre still indicates N97 per litre. Clutching a hand-held calculator he grinned at me as he announced the price. I could only mutter a curse on him as I speedily made a U-turn and drove away. But my check at the next three stations indicated the same. There was no queue; in fact some were empty and with the product available, it is brazenly being sold at such high price.

Whatever happened to the government Regulatory Agency tasked with the responsibility of checking the excesses of these Shylock Marketers? angry angry

When will good news ever come out from that place called Nigeria
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
thelastPope: Reading through all these posts make me really laugh! Is anyone not seeing something here? I don't see the problem with government here. I see the problem with Nigerians and their fake lives and self centeredness.

I have had to contend with filling station attendants several times. But guess where my biggest opposition came from? Fellow Nigerians who wanted to buy fuel. They have told me different things from "don't waste our time" to "please you are bigger thano that". Some even defended the filling stations as if they work in NNPC and have insider information of some sort.

Hear me loud and clear. It is not a government problem. It is Nigerians problem. The government is not going to go round all the filling stations in the ucountry checking their pump. It is your refusal to get cheated, your mass actions that will bring government there. That is how it happens all over the world. Nigeria is not different. As long as you keep paying N120 per litre, then you shouldn't complain. If you don't want to pay N120, or the pump has been tampered, start wahala right there in that filling station and government will start running down there and before you know it will affect other stations. Stop being a country of cowards who can only rant on NL with pseudo names. Appalling!

Finally someone can analyze the situation objectively and intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by vanstanzy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Like play, like play, these FG don remove fuel subsidy o. These was exactly how it was done with DIESEL and KEROSENE, "create artificial scarcity and increase the price, noone will notice".
Welldone GEJ, welldone!
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Spyker: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you guys purchase at N120 and the pump is standard, i can manage.
Here in Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt, you see N97 but you actually pay over N200. I bought 30 Litres at a station in Rukpokwu and when I looked up at the meter, it reads 50.87 liters. I screamed, does this can look like 50litre can to you (referring to the attendant).
I have begun self boycotting of this thieves (as they are worse than the subsidy thieves since they still from the poor masses).
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by SamMilla1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
Connoil at Asaba, opposite B division police Station sold at 97 today.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by vanstanzy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Countryman93: This is the number 1 reason why i think the NLC got it wrong on subsidy withdrawal. There was no need opposing it in the first instance if the reversal was not going to be full.
This halfway measure is more fatal to Nigerians. It could have been better if they even allowed government to have their way and let's hold them into account for their promises.
Besides,retaining subsidy regime continues to give room for corruption in subsidy payments and stalling the growth of private refineries in Nigeria.
The subsidy regime also encourages the oil marketers to hold Nigeria to ransome. We are almost paying the dreaded pump price under the subsidy regime.

Breaking news!!! 'THE NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS IS A TOOTHLESS-BULLDOG, dont bank on them'.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by chloride6: 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
nnpc locked up some stations here in ibadan. no body they sell pass 97 for here.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Revolva(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
I sorry sorry for this country a country which is rich in oil and we go through all this hardship
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by ldpele(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
thelastPope: Reading through all these posts make me really laugh! Is anyone not seeing something here? I don't see the problem with government here. I see the problem with Nigerians and their fake lives and self centeredness.

I have had to contend with filling station attendants several times. But guess where my biggest opposition came from? Fellow Nigerians who wanted to buy fuel. They have told me different things from "don't waste our time" to "please you are bigger than that". Some even defended the filling stations as if they work in NNPC and have insider information of some sort.

Hear me loud and clear. It is not a government problem. It is Nigerians problem. The government is not going to go round all the filling stations in the country checking their pump. It is your refusal to get cheated, your mass actions that will bring government there. That is how it happens all over the world. Nigeria is not different. As long as you keep paying N120 per litre, then you shouldn't complain. If you don't want to pay N120, or the pump has been tampered, start wahala right there in that filling station and government will start running down there and before you know it will affect other stations. Stop being a country of cowards who can only rant on NL with pseudo names. Appalling!
u rili did justice to it all. welldone 2u.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by ldpele(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
chloride6: nnpc locked up some stations here in ibadan. no body they sell pass 97 for here.
go and check 2mrw if those filling stations aint operating,rubbish DPR personnels
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by bluz: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
it is not only in lagos. Adamawa is also N120/litre at petrol station. fresh air
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by chinos299: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
9ja 4u.. you wont understand until you involved into the oil and gas industry.... wink smiley smiley shocked cool kiss cheesy cheesy[/color][color=#550000]
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by otokx(m): 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dlyna: Here in portharcourt its being sold for N120 per litre for the past 3weeks or more. On the pump, its written 97 naira but they charge N120. The most annoying part is that most of these filling stations have altered their meters to the extent that their one litre, is actually half litre. So we buy half litre for N120. embarassed

very true
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by otokx(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2012

You must be living in planet Mars, start wahala where, the owner of the station will just call police and they will carry you to their police station with enough beating, after some weeks you will look for plenty money get yourself out and go get some treatment.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Obassy(f): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
bbpreye: how will this affect the price of garri?

it will affect the price of garri cos the rate of change of supply is directly proportional to the price stability of fuel, therefore we can postulate that the price of garri will increase thus causing a negative effect on the masses!

garri 101
why are you people so daft? What has the price of garri got to do with the amount fuel is been sold? Well, thank God we can still afford it at that price. In some part of Ogun state, fuel is #140 per litre
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by calabaman(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2012
The situation seems to be getting worse. Driving from my house to Ikoyi this morning the only stations i saw selling fuel had long queues! Which way Naija?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Top 10 Most Annoying Driving Habits / A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs / Air Suspensions. How Do They Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.