Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please (1310 Views)

Please Don't Go Into Fish Farming Without Answering These Questions / Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
I sincerely do not know anything about fish farming but that is the aspect of farming that caught my admiration. I live in Lagos.
Advice please!
Thanking you in advance.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by gunboot: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
it is a pity i don't know like you. i will follow up to learn too.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by aquatic1(m): 12:07am On Sep 26, 2012
You can visit our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or our website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng for guidelines, and you can check on nairaland for a lot of information about fish farming especially the topic started by rasque.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by Omega44(m): 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Bravo! for your great idea, am a per-time poultry farmer my self and your business aiming line hit the point with the basic human need i.e "FOOD, Shelter and clothing" so nothing is stoping you from making profit except when the whole naija stop eating fish. however no business die quicker than one you have no idea of. now that you have settle for fish farming the next step is to learn the trade before jumping into it cos burning your money is far better than venturing into business you know little of cos it will later drain you your time, labour and your capital if you dont run into debt, so I say internet forum is not the wayout its only useful when you download book that is written for this purpose, the best way is to look for people that specialize on this field and learn the practical than the forums theory. fish farming is environmental friendly than poultry cos. you can rear 50 fish inside basin in your compound without the next neighbour knowing while this dont applies to birds if they dont make noise their faeces will be smeling. do you know we often sell a matured broiler twice its cost i.e if we invest 200,000k on broiler you almost get 200,000k as net-profit, those that lays egg pay more.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fm7070: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2012
search for related thread on this forum and start learning from there
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
[quote author=Omega44]Bravo! for your great idea, am a per-time poultry farmer my self and your business aiming line hit the point with the basic human need i.e "FOOD, Shelter and clothing" so nothing is stoping you from making profit except when the whole naija stop eating fish. however no business die quicker than one you have no idea of. now that you have settle for fish farming the next step is to learn the trade before jumping into it cos burning your money is far better than venturing into business you know little of cos it will later drain you your time, labour and your capital if you dont run into debt, so I say internet forum is not the wayout its only useful when you download book that is written for this purpose, the best way is to look for people that specialize on this field and learn the practical than the forums theory. fish farming is environmental friendly than poultry cos. you can rear 50 fish inside basin in your compound without the next neighbour knowing while this dont applies to birds if they dont make noise their faeces will be smeling. do you know we often sell a matured broiler twice its cost i.e if we invest 200,000k on broiler you almost get 200,000k as net-profit, those that lays egg pay more. [/quote
Thank you for your advice well detailed. But you can as well recommend a place for me. Thank you once again.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
fm7070: search for related thread on this forum and start learning from there
I'm doing just that but you can help me with some. Thank you.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
aquatic1: You can visit our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or our website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng for guidelines, and you can check on nairaland for a lot of information about fish farming especially the topic started by rasque.
I just did visit your internet addesses. They are good but not enough. I think we will have to meet.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by Omega44(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
Well, to be a fish farmer, u really need an environment that fit their habitat i.e somewhere near river, stream or swamp then you will dig up an artificial lake to the size that hold your scale, you dont need to fill the semi-hole with water as the environment is water lodge it will be water fill in no time. sure if you mean it this big you dont need to be asking these except when the business is proposed to the next 2 yrs and the forum is just for basic tips. Nevertheless if you mean it in a small scale you will need cool and shady environment, a water basin/big round water reservoir and you will be watchful cos a frog can finish thousand of your baby fish in a matter of days. i bet u know that fishes take drugs when there is need. note that fish will not survive in a 4 angle/square container as it will stop on reaching one end of the container and settle/rest in the bottom untill it drain the oxygen around and dies, this is due to their body is made to swim and twist so their back bone cant form a shape like one that will make it move on plus they are not intelligent so round countainer but plastic.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 5:03am On Sep 28, 2012
Omega44: Well, to be a fish farmer, u really need an environment that fit their habitat i.e somewhere near river, stream or swamp then you will dig up an artificial lake to the size that hold your scale, you dont need to fill the semi-hole with water as the environment is water lodge it will be water fill in no time. sure if you mean it this big you dont need to be asking these except when the business is proposed to the next 2 yrs and the forum is just for basic tips. Nevertheless if you mean it in a small scale you will need cool and shady environment, a water basin/big round water reservoir and you will be watchful cos a frog can finish thousand of your baby fish in a matter of days. i bet u know that fishes take drugs when there is need. note that fish will not survive in a 4 angle/square container as it will stop on reaching one end of the container and settle/rest in the bottom untill it drain the oxygen around and dies, this is due to their body is made to swim and twist so their back bone cant form a shape like one that will make it move on plus they are not intelligent so round countainer but plastic.
Nice one, I'm ready to start as soon as I learn as much as I will need to survive first time pressure and avoidable mistakes. I just learnt a lot now. Good luck and thank you sooooooo much.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by fortyfeet(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thank God the farm is in place now. Thank you all for your contributions.
Re: Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
@fortyfeet what is d development on your farm?how is your farm doing?

(1) (Reply)

A Brand New Original 3.8KVA Elite (electric) Citizens Generator For Just N78100 / Help With A Payza Exchanger U Trust / How To Make Money From Network Marketing Without Talking To People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.