Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Guess The Author Or The Book - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Guess The Author Or The Book (12636 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by UjSizzle(f): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2012
Definitely Purple Hibiscus.
Loved that book
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by tpia5: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2012
oops, i'd forgotten there was another book which fit that criteria.

the one i meant was Yellow Yellow by kaine agary.

but purple hibiscus also matches, so i guess its both.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hehe. I had a feeling this would happen cuz Purple hibiscus is a flower and not just a colour. That's why I kept mum
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by Tgirl4real(f): 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
what are u feeling like? undecided
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by sino(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
tpia@:
oops, i'd forgotten there was another book which fit that criteria.

the one i meant was Yellow Yellow by kaine agary.

but purple hibiscus also matches, so i guess its both.

sad i have never come across the book, even the author...will look into it...
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by sino(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
vescucci: Hehe. I had a feeling this would happen cuz Purple hibiscus is a flower and not just a colour. That's why I kept mum
Tgirl4real: what are u feeling like? undecided
Dont mind him Tgirl, he likes showing-off too much jare grin
@V must u talk?! Lol
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tgirl4real: what are u feeling like? undecided

Don Jazzy

sino:

Dont mind him Tgirl, he likes showing-off too much jare grin
@V must u talk?! Lol

Have you seen V for Vendetta? We Vees like to talk mayne
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by sino(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
^tongue V for Vendetta, still fresh in ma head, Just saw it last week(can u imagine lol) loquacious V...grin
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by tpia5: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
sino:
sad i have never come across the book, even the author...will look into it...

it won the NLNG prize for literature in 2008.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by UjSizzle(f): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Abeg stop ur pleasantries and ask kweshun joor.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by kay9(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ok here's another one:
Name the AUTHOR and the BOOK.

- the book centers (more or less) around a young female writer and her former lecturer.

- if turned on its head and summarily summarized, the book is just about a f**king flying saucer.

- the author is American, and is prolly more popular than his own books sef. Oh, and my favorite clue: he's been mentioned here already. grin

Cant give the genre; its a give-away.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Gotta be Sidney Sheldon. Doomsday Conspiracy. Funny I haven't read the book but a friend told me about it. 'Sides, all his main characters are female. . . . . the shithead
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: Abeg stop ur pleasantries and ask kweshun joor.

I love you too
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
1. Author is female
2. Started the religion- objectivism
3.Protagonist of her novel and embodiment of what human beings should aspire to (according to her): Howard Roarke
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by UjSizzle(f): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
vescucci:

I love you too

grin and I you
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by kay9(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
^^What's with all these lovey-dovey higgledy piggledy drama?? Very funny.
By the way, V, u're wrong! Yeah, that ought to burst your lovey-dovey baloon. Teeheehee! grin
I havent read Doomsdat Conspiracy though...u sure the main character's a female writer too?

I'm tempted to mentioned the genre, but it'll become too easy after that - the writer's name is synonymous with it... Now even that is a give-away.

Raggedy_Ann: 1. Author is female
2. Started the religion- objectivism
3.Protagonist of her novel and embodiment of what human beings should aspire to (according to her): Howard Roarke

Answer is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand... Thank you, Google!! grin grin Oh lovely internet, where would i be without you? grin
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2012
I know little things about some books that I haven't read. Like to the last question, I'd have answered Atlas Shrugged by the same author. *shrugs*. If not for the flying saucer, I would have answered The Pelican Brief by John Grisham. But I don't remember any fucking flying saucer.

@uj_sizzle. Let's get a sizzling room, shall we? Before Kay9 will immolate himself out of envious protest.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by Tgirl4real(f): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2012
vescucci: I know little things about some books that I haven't read. Like to the last question, I'd have answered Atlas Shrugged by the same author. *shrugs*. If not for the flying saucer, I would have answered The Pelican Brief by John Grisham. But I don't remember any fucking flying saucer.

@uj_sizzle. Let's get a sizzling room, shall we? Before Kay9 will immolate himself out of envious protest.

Is this what u guys do here now? lipsrsealed
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by dominique(f): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2012
@Vescucci
doomsday conspiracy is actually one of the few Sheldon where protagonist is male. From the clues, i knew i know who the author but couldnt think far cos i'm still recuperating sad.
lemme drop this simple one before y'all derail again smiley
-author is british male
-kighted by Brithsh royalty
-one of his most famous books was named after Biblical characters.

clue 2&3 pretty much gave it away (to those who sabi authors o).
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by UjSizzle(f): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2012
vescucci: I know little things about some books that I haven't read. Like to the last question, I'd have answered Atlas Shrugged by the same author. *shrugs*. If not for the flying saucer, I would have answered The Pelican Brief by John Grisham. But I don't remember any fucking flying saucer.

abi oo sugarbun....wait lemme arrange this chalet well. *lights scented candles*
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by kay9(m): 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
So no one guessed my riddle then? Can't say i blame you guys, what with uj and Vesc spreading pheromones everywhere and discombobulating everyone...

kay9: Ok here's another one:
Name the AUTHOR and the BOOK.

- the book centers (more or less) around a young female writer and her former lecturer.

- if turned on its head and summarily summarized, the book is just about a f**king flying saucer.

- the author is American, and is prolly more popular than his own books sef. Oh, and my favorite clue: he's been mentioned here already. grin

Cant give the genre; its a give-away.
^^ Anyhow, the author is Stephen King, and the book is THE TOMMYKNOCKERS. Few horror fiction fans here, i guess.

Last night and the night before,
Tommyknockers, tommyknockers, knocking at the door.
I want to go out, dont know if i can
'Cos i,m so afraid of the tommyknocker man.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by kay9(m): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
dominique: @Vescucci
doomsday conspiracy is actually one of the few Sheldon where protagonist is male. From the clues, i knew i know who the author but couldnt think far cos i'm still recuperating sad.
-author is british male

Going out on a limb here... Arthur Canon Doyle? Did i even get the name proper..?
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by UjSizzle(f): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
kay9: So no one guessed my riddle then? Can't say i blame you guys, what with uj and Vesc spreading pheromones everywhere and discombobulating everyone...

^^ Anyhow, the author is Stephen King, and the book is THE TOMMYKNOCKERS. Few horror fiction fans here, i guess.

hmmm i tried reading Stephen King once, dnt remember the name of the book sha but it gave me the creeps. I learnt the word 'Lemmings' from it tho on d plus side.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by Ishilove: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
kay9: So no one guessed my riddle then? Can't say i blame you guys, what with uj and Vesc spreading pheromones everywhere and discombobulating everyone...

My favourite line in the book is
"Its the Super biatch: faster than a speeding hate mail, able to leap over cringing family members in a single bound." cheesy

It has been years since I read The Tommyknockers but this particular line has stuck to my brain like superglue cheesy cheesy
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
dominique: @Vescucci
-author is british male

I didn't read the book. I think I've outgrown Sheldon but I might just read it. How do you feel now? Pele. Get well soon so I don't have to be nice to you.
As for your riddle, I think it's Jeffrey Archer's Kane and Abel. I know he is/was into politics but I dunno if he was knighted.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
uj_sizzle:
abi oo sugarbun....wait lemme arrange this chalet well. *lights scented candles*

Lol. Some people will burst a gut here. Let's have mercy.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2012

Lol at pheromones. You know the thing about pheromones? You can only pick them up when you have a sense organ for picking them up. Stephen King has written like a billion books. This one has not even intrigued me. Maybe I might think about trying to attempt to read it now. . . . . if I feel like it.
Re: Guess The Author Or The Book by vescucci(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2012
kay9:

Going out on a limb here... Arthur Canon Doyle? Did i even get the name proper..?

Lol. You hear bibble peren, Conan turn to Canon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

17 Year Old Nigerian Starts A Project To Bring African Poets Together / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) / Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.